SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• About the "Craig's last ?", I'd like to point out that according to the leaks Logan & Mendes first plan was for this movie to be the end of Blofeld, the end of Tanner, the end of Fiennes' M, and well the end of MI6 building.. Quite the end of many things related to Craig's Bond universe. IMO, it gives quite some credence to the idea that "This is Craig's last" was the hook of the first ideas (it is even written like this by one of the producers in the mails). It would have been weird to plan to cast again MI6's Craig's Bond in the next movie once again after Dench's M end.

Then, Fiennes said he didn't want to be part of this movie, the producers went nuts Mendes didn't check Fiennes agreed beforehand, so they called Purvis & Wade to save the day and now everything but the building survives.

But there's room for change to go back to "Craig's last", for other reasons...

So when the story goes "first they decided it was Craig's last, then later they decided again because he was injured", well it's far more coherent with what we know that some think.

Mr white in tangier did the script change
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Mr white in tangier did the script change
    Really?

Flashback scenes probably or photos for that album at the hotel?
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    This again confirms that the finale in London will be in the rain:

James-Bond.jpg
    James-Bond.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited June 2015 Posts: 7,972
    aaron819 wrote: »
    ]This again confirms that the finale in London will be in the rain:
    ]

Not necessarily, I worked on the set of the upcoming Terminator movie. Although set in San Francisco, specifically The Golden Gate Bridge, it was filmed on a massive, blue-screen lined, set constructed in Eastern New Orleans. A replica of the roadway was build and heavy traffic was involved. For the entire shoot water trucks wet down the street surface. I was told this was for two reason, to keep dust down and because of the way asphalt photographs. I've seen the final shots in trailers and the it looks dry; there is no rain in the sequence

If you go to the 5:00 mark you can see some of the footage as it was being filmed. Every time the surface had been wet down. At the 5:30 mark you can see some of the water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=328&v=qM9AbQzMeUU
    talos7 wrote: »
    ]

Not necessarily, I worked on the set of the upcoming Terminator movie. Although set in San Francisco, specifically The Golden Gate Bridge, it was filmed on a massive, blue-screen lined, set constructed in Eastern New Orleans. A replica of the roadway was build and heavy traffic was involved. For the entire shoot water trucks wet down the street surface. I was told this was for two reason, to keep dust down and because of the way asphalt photographs. I've seen the final shots in trailers and the it looks dry; there is no rain in the sequence

@talos7 Yes, but in the script from October there is rain and it has been confirmed by a friend of mine at Pinewood that when they filmed the Westminster Bridge scenes they used sprinkles to simulate rain. I wrote on this forum a couple of days ago that they are filming wide shots on the river Thames and then the close up shots at Pinewood. This again says that it is easier to do the rain at Pinewood.
    Indeed, I'm not saying that it isn't, just that there are other reasons for wetting the ground.
    @talos7 I understood. No hard feelings :)
    ;)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    An announcement of Craig's departure especially after being so popular would not be prudent when trying to sell an expensive film already trying to overcome the bad press from the leaks.

Any departure of Craig would be made after release and tried to made a positive spin.

I don't see Craig leaving ...just the opposite. Sony or whatever the next partner is wants that bankable star.
    What do you think Waltz is doing in Tangier? He should appear later at his compound in the desert. He might be watching Bond and Madeliene in Tangier, but they don't know. Any thoughts.
    edited June 2015 Posts: 1,208
    talos7 wrote: »
    ]

If you go to the 5:00 mark you can see some of the footage as it was being filmed. Every time the surface had been wet down. At the 5:30 mark you can see some of the water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=328&v=qM9AbQzMeUU

@talos7 I think there was way more water at the Bond set. They used water all around London for the past month they have been filming the finale on location in London. You can't even make out the water in this B-roll footage I think the water isn't even on the real set.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    I think Waltz is only there because the shooting will be done in a short amount of time, so all the actors that are going to be in the Morocco scenes are there yet
    It doesn't look like it but trust me the surface was given a good drenching prior to each shooting. I was on the set for two days and the water truck was always rolling. Of course this has nothing to do with the filming of SPECTRE; I'm just a aficionado of the filmmaking process.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 4,622
    smitty wrote: »
    I goofed on the above post where I cut off @timmer's heading for his post that I just responded to. Can you edit a posted reply?
    Yes, just click the little wheel in the right hand corner, and the "options" button will appear.
    Then select "edit"
    Simplest way to fix the post in question is to use the "quote" function and put everything I said in quotes. No need to attach my name, I don't think, as its obvious who said it. My post is right above.

• JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    bond-hotel-ame%CC%81ricain.png

Hotel L'Americain!;-D
    Cool! Looks like the guy is shielding the name of the hotel.

Thanks for the picture @JWPepper
    JWPepper wrote: »
    bond-hotel-ame%CC%81ricain.png

Hotel L'Americain!;-D

That's a great shot. Very revealing. The guy in the green shirt needs a bigger hand.
    BUMP - Sony are presenting at CineEurope this Wednesday at 7:30pm CET. So let's hope for new trailer there...
    antovolk wrote: »
    BUMP - Sony are presenting at CineEurope this Wednesday at 7:30pm CET. So let's hope for new trailer there...

@antovolk Let's hope
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    antovolk wrote: »

Good find. Hopefully we get a sweet surprise.

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Logan & Mendes first plan was for this movie to be the end of Blofeld, the end of Tanner, the end of Fiennes' M, and well the end of MI6 building.. Quite the end of many things related to Craig's Bond universe.

Then, Fiennes said he didn't want to be part of this movie, the producers went nuts Mendes didn't check Fiennes agreed beforehand, so they called Purvis & Wade to save the day and now everything but the building survives.

i believe this pertained to Fiennes' M, Mallory, who was supposed to be revealed as a mole/traitor in this film.. but Fiennes is tired of playing the baddie role all the time, so they rewrote the script to include a new character who ends up being the mole/traitor..
    Does anyone have any thoughts on what scenes these could be:

QsHzZw.png
    Bdirwu.png
    0DZkAE.png
  • HASEROT wrote: »
    so they rewrote the script to include a new character who ends up being the mole/traitor..

And so Scott plays Mr Patch Afterthought, and has the difficult task not to be boring in this movie...
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    First one is Bond entering/exiting from old MI6 building. Second and third are Q shutting down new C building
    First one is Bond entering/exiting from old MI6 building. Second and third are Q shutting down new C building

@SkyfallCraig What is that spark of light/fire in the first picture then.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    HASEROT wrote: »
    so they rewrote the script to include a new character who ends up being the mole/traitor..

And so Scott plays Mr Patch Afterthought, and has the difficult task not to be boring in this movie...

well, thats one way of looking at it lol.. but yes.

@SkyfallCraig What is that spark of light/fire in the first picture then.

Could be start of a building explosion reflected in the water maybe?
  • A while back I think I happened upon something very interesting. It's a huge crater in the desert near Erfoud. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is the site for the Spectre base.

IMGP0180-tweak-crop-small-copyright.jpg
    HASEROT wrote: »
    Logan & Mendes first plan was for this movie to be the end of Blofeld, the end of Tanner, the end of Fiennes' M, and well the end of MI6 building.. Quite the end of many things related to Craig's Bond universe.

i believe this pertained to Fiennes' M, Mallory, who was supposed to be revealed as a mole/traitor in this film.. but Fiennes is tired of playing the baddie role all the time, so they rewrote the script to include a new character who ends up being the mole/traitor..

That sounds like it writes itself. Loyal-to-old-M Tanner figures out what is up but not who is responsible and gets offed by M in a rehash of the Spacey death by Cromwell in LA CONFIDENTIAL, but leaves enough info that Bond figures out newM is responsible. And LA CONFIDENTIAL is now old enough to be something Logan would pinch from, as he usually goes back 20 years or so (like the EXCALIBUR ending awkwardly employed at the end of STAR TREK NEMESIS.)

None of this seems very Bond-esque to me, I'm still sticking with the idea that most 21st century Bond is really 'CALLAN goes globetrotting' as this joyless stick-in-the-mud does not ever evince more than a single note at a time of Fleming's Bond (or Young's) for me.

Hard for me to write it down for public consumption, but going by s1ep1 of TRUE DETECTIVE being directed by Justin Lin, am now more interested in the next installment of the horrid Abramization of STAR TREK than another Bond done in this fashion. I'm actually past the quarter-century mark since the last time I loved a new Bond movie and my favorite is now 52 years old, nearly my age. I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed that the TINKER TAILOR folks can get together a followup, this Bourne-century is just not cutting it for me.