The UK General Election

Comments

Just watched the FINAL question time tv debate. My thoughts were I think this who I thought performed best.

1st Cameron.
    2nd Clegg.
    3rd Milliband.

One funny moment was when Ed almost fell off the stage when he was leaving the set! :))
    Clegg, Cameron, Milliband IMHO
    Ed was hated by the QT audience. Cameron and Clegg got off lightly comparatively, and this is coming from someone who doesn't like Ed - I know they said that the audience was 25% for each party and 25% Undecided/Other, but it seemed that Labour supporters were in the minority.

It really didn't help his campaign
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited April 2015 Posts: 17,804
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Ed was hated by the QT audience. Cameron and Clegg got off lightly comparatively, and this is coming from someone who doesn't like Ed - I know they said that the audience was 25% for each party and 25% Undecided/Other, but it seemed that Labour supporters were in the minority.

Well that must make that one of the few times in broadcast history that the BBC has given up its left-leaning bias. If only things were to continue in that vein and we got some real impartiality from them.
    It'll be interesting to see the opinion polls in the upcoming days. They'll be counting the votes this time next week.
    Explanations by Jon Snow :

Gerard wrote: »
    Explanations by Jon Snow :

You know nothing, Jon Snow! ... (Whispered in ear) Oh ... that Jon Snow. My apologies, you actually know quite a lot.

The problem Ed had it appeared to me is that he was in complete denial over the last Labour Governments over borrowing! Flatly refusing to accept that they did! :-O
    I think having lived through Labour and living through Conservative, it was living through Labour that put me off voting for them.

Ed ignoring their mistakes is just the icing on the cake.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I think having lived through Labour and living through Conservative, it was living through Labour that put me off voting for them.

Ed ignoring their mistakes is just the icing on the cake.

Can't trust Labour, Ed is making it up as he goes along.

His brother David should of been Labour leader.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Noel gallagher said it best "Ed Miliband a "****ing communist" and descibed Nicola Sturgeon as an "unpleasant little woman" with "cheap shoes".
    I'm not fan of the Torries but since they got in all they have done is fix the mess left by Blair/Brown's over spending New Labour government that came before them.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Ah!, Noel Gallagher the thinking woman's Russell Brand. ;) :D
    From Edward Biddulph of the ever-brilliant James Bond memes blog:

http://jamesbondmemes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/how-would-james-bond-vote-in-general.html
    edited May 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Certainly not Torries with Guy Hanes the PM''s advisor. Left wing presents home Imigration concerns over security so not Liberal Democrats. Don't see him backing a working class party so not labour. For home state security reasons I think if he had to he would go UKIP anti EU bueroctracts and tighter homeland security & Imigration while retaining the nuclear deterrent.
    But to be honest Bond is a reflection of Fleming. Flemings father was a Tory MP so likely be Tory.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    My condolences if Miliband is your next PM.

Can we put things into perspective please? And to put things into perspective, here are a bunch of one-on-one's:
    --> Milliband vs. Nixon? (The most undemocratic president of the USA, the late Mr Nixon, who actually succeeded being a dictator behind the scene)
    --> Milliband vs. Putin? (Putin, the man who still denies that Moscow facilitated weapons of mass destruction that eventually brought down flight MH-17)
    --> Milliband vs. Widodo? (Widodo is the Indonesian president, who massively expanded the executions of prisoners solely for drugs smuggling)

I don't care if Milliband or Cameron become the PM of the UK. But please don't forget that there are countries where presidents of PM's do use means of governing that could easily place them in a list of real-life Bond villains. And I haven't even talked about presidents and PM's from our past.

Be happy that you, me...we live in free democracies that are way more prosperous than many other of the 190+ nations on this planet. Don't overreact. Either with Milliband or Cameron you won't get the next Putin.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I respect Putin a lot more than Miliband. That is my perspective.

You should be ashamed of saying that.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Dont worry thats not going to happen because if the Tories lose Nicola Sturgeon is PM with a Milliband glove puppet.

Fair point - he looks after Russian interests first and foremost and doesnt give a toss about what the rest of the world thinks. OK he's totally dodgy and corrupt but who isnt in Russian politics? At least he's carries himself like a proper leader not a university graduate being fasttracked on the Marks & Spencer management training programme.

Lots of love for Putin, :( very sad guys, very sad. :( perhaps instead of the conservative party, many would rather see UKIP in power, Nigel also said he respected Putin. I didn't know MI6 was so right wing. Perhaps instead of
    Prime minister we could call him instead " Our Leader". :( but I'll stay away
    From this thread as Politics like religion can very quickly split friendships.
    Dont worry thats not going to happen because if the Tories lose Nicola Sturgeon is PM with a Milliband glove puppet.

I would LOVE Nicola Sturgeon as the prime minister of the United Kingdom!
    Putin knows how to deal with countries who vote against what he wants. I'm sure
    Many here would love to see tanks rolling across the Scottish borders, Forcing the
    Democratic vote under the tank tracks. :(
    It'll be interesting to see what happens with the SNP. The most seats they can get are 59, and that doesn't include Sturgeon, who isn't standing as a candidate.

The polls are showing a strong majority for them, some even predicting that they'll take all 59 seats in Scotland - not bad considering they only took 6 in 2010.

If this is the case then it'll hit Labour hard, as they took 41 seats in Scotland at the last General Election, and they were still 68 away from the required 326 to form a majority government.

It'll also make it likely that they beat the Liberal Democrats to 3rd place, as they only took 57 seats, including 11 in Scotland - this would be a major blow to Clegg, and (if he's even elected this time around - polls in his constituency are looking bad for him) it may cause his resignation as leader.

Even without a majority, Conservatives and Labours seats will be in the mid-200s to 300s.

It's going to be either Tories or Labour but it'll be who backs them up which is important. Miliband has said he won't make any deals or form a coalition with the SNP - this may haunt him in the future.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Janette Krankie as pm? To paraphrase Millipede, 'Hell no'.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Putin knows how to deal with countries who vote against what he wants. I'm sure
    Many here would love to see tanks rolling across the Scottish borders, Forcing the
    Democratic vote under the tank tracks. :(

Yes but you're coming at this from a western perspective. Ask the average Russian what they think of him - strong leader, he got Crimea back (for twas always theirs) and he tells the US to f**k off. Thats what they like over there. You cant criticise a politician for doing what plays well at home.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.

Janette Krankie as pm? To paraphrase Millipede, 'Hell no'.

Fan Dabbbie Dossie. I don't think!
    edited May 2015 Posts: 17,804

Do you really fail to see the irony in that statement?