SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

For the sake of political correctness and equal rights, never mind a black Bond, that's being sexist and ignoring half the population. The role needs to be played by a woman!

Same for Batman and Indiana Jones! But then by equal measure Wonderwoman and Supergirl should be portrayed by a male actor...

;)

Right well, no thank you. This is how ridiculous a black Bond all sounds in context to established series genres. I totally agree a new series is necessary for positive portrayal in a cinematic series. It only creates cheap soundbites for idiots to headline Roget Moore is racist and Broccoli is going for a black Bond next.

Leave Bond alone.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited March 2015 Posts: 560
    black folks have to suck it up and accept whitewashing of roles in Hollywood but you know political correctness and equal rights right . . .

Sean Connery - Scottish
    George Lazenby - Australian
    Timothy Dalton - Welsh
    Pierce Brosnan - Irish

Elba will be far too old to become Bond anyway, when the time comes to see Craig's successor.
  • Regarding this story:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/29/james-bond-producers-delve-deep-into-spectre

Barbara Broccoli quoted as saying they're still going through potential title song performers. "We've had a lot of interest from a lot of exciting people. It's kind of been a long list, and we're working our way through it."

Sam Mendes, in December, said he already knew who was going to do the song.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a615248/spectres-sam-mendes-i-know-whos-singing-new-james-bond-movie-theme.html#~p8mamkUMGjs7ZS

On page 2 of the IGN story, Wilson is quoted as saying the first draft of SPECTRE was done 2 1/2 years ago.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/29/james-bond-producers-delve-deep-into-spectre?page=2

Question: How long has this script been around?

Wilson: Almost three years. Two and a half, certainly -- the first draft. No idea as far as treatments.

That would be before Skyfall even came out. Meanwhile, John Logan told Empire in March 2014, the first draft was "almost done."

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40356

• chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    from the opening scene of #Spectre. Thank you @SonyPictures for letting me visit the #JamesBond set in Mexico City!

CBSaJuZWgAAKUBa.jpg

Can someone post the itv coverage tomorrow morning once it has been shown?
    It's going to be amazing seeing the 1,500 extras become 10,000 when the film is released. Films like Gladiator, Lord of the Rings, the Star Wars prequels show that you can digitally add crowds and make them look like they were always there.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I love how they're not using CG face placement this time around.
    a guy from Bild

@007 lebt - in #MexicoCity! 1500 Satstisten! #SPECTRE Story: #ChristophWaltz ist Bösewicht und - 007s Stief-Bruder??

CBRc5hGWQAEsmv_.jpg

CBRc5hvWcAASb5S.jpg

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Oh great, another article about Idra. Like we haven't heard the a billion times. He won't be Bond, he's too old.
    chipsticks wrote: »
    a guy from Bild
    Are you sure he's not a Bond villain? Sure looks like it...

Amazing day on set of #Spectre #MexicoCity Producers say it might be biggest opening sequence of any Bond film!

CBJqJ4aVEAA161B.jpg

F40 & Enzo at Blenheim Palace, a courtyard soon to be the start point of James Bond's next car chase. #ferrari #f40 #enzo #foc #blenheim #palace #SPECTRE #Bond #supercars #DB10 #CX75 2h

10948683_1595577860684155_1299931437_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/951586476705791627_495521870

One should see this interview into perspective. It's not like Barbara & Michael are now saying "yes" to Idris Elba, and that this interview is solely about this question and the Elba-rumours.

Yeah, they are just saying what they have to. The way the media is, if you say no, Elba would not be a good Bond, then you get labelled a racist. These questions are kind of rude and disrespectful anyway. We have a great Bond right now! How would the journalists like it if they were asked who should replace them?
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    One should see this interview into perspective. It's not like Barbara & Michael are now saying "yes" to Idris Elba, and that this interview is solely about this question and the Elba-rumours.

Yeah, they are just saying what they have to. The way the media is, if you say no, Elba would not be a good Bond, then you get labelled a racist. These questions are kind of rude and disrespectful anyway. We have a great Bond right now! How would the journalists like it if they were asked who should replace them?
    Barbara have the perfect answer, basically Craig is Bond, we aren't considering the next Bond until he hangs up his PPK and Dinner Jacket (paraphrasing)
    As far as I can see, the bride on a wedding aisle analogy is spot on and illustrates the situation perfectly. I feel it's safe to move along here, there is no story to tell despite attempts by the press to create one. :D

video:The extras getting their makeup done at the set of Spectre, new James Bond movie in Mexico City 2d

http://websta.me/p/950313301038563293_177388806

The new Bond villain? Maybe? Christoph Waltz won't say much about his part in Spectre. But I think it might be a given 23h

11055414_352607548276051_936954858_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/950990413126925835_177388806
    Another James Bond badass villain or good guy? One thing is sure; Dave Bautista's got even more charm than muscles Cant wait to see him in Spectre! 5h

11098220_1374875819507173_1175886970_n.jpg

milleystew Up a pic with @leaseydoux_genuine please ! 4h

http://websta.me/p/951524111022783804_177388806

dinovelvet wrote: »

Yup.

• edited March 2015 Posts: 1,310
    talos7 wrote: »
    I do appreciate that they are going without CG, at least on that scene, but was anyone else reminded of this:

The_rocketeer_lothar.jpg
    Just me? Alright then haha
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    For long shots it will be fine. All of the closeups and medium shots will be done on a soundstage with the actual actors. At least it won't look pasted on as in Skyfall.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,310
    For long shots it will be fine. All of the closeups and medium shots will be done on a soundstage with the actual actors. At least it won't look pasted on as in Skyfall.
    But of course, the mask is designed to be a long shot type of thing, I totally get that. It's just funny that the article says the stuntman looked EXACTLY like Daniel Craig when...well...

And I agree, it should look much better than Skyfall's digital face swap.
    next up? Palenque,Chiapas,Mexico:

The Maya ruins of Palenque,Mexico

614422c58011365c5bcede57400bda21.jpg

4f64d2c51f456c902fb6593867380386.jpg

fa054be843b8eeb9aff65abe42709055.jpg

The Cascadas de Agua Azul (Spanish for "Blue-water Falls") are found in the Mexican state of Chiapas. They are located in the Municipality of Tumbalá, 69 kilometers from Palenque by the road that leads towards San Cristóbal de las Casas.

724e48f975a339f73cf719f3739f9ad8.jpg

Why would they be filming there? They said they were finishing the helicopter stunt outside of the city. Unless this is doubling for Morocco?
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    Why would they be filming there? They said they were finishing the helicopter stunt outside of the city. Unless this is doubling for Morocco?

ya must have missed this?

Spitzberg ‏@007current

#SPECTRE #Mexico 2nd unit crew moves to #Palenque #chiapas

CBQJkopWUAAOhDR.jpg

CBQJkorWgAAPAnR.jpg

Bond, por los cielos del país; filmará en Chiapas

http://m.excelsior.com.mx/funcion/2015/03/28/1015971

"SPECTRE" filming continues in Southeast Mexico: Palenque, Chiapas

http://007travelers.blogspot.fi/2015/03/spectre-filming-continues-in-southeast.html
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Regarding the Good Morning Britain special tomorrow, will there be a video blog, or an onset interview with the cast?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    SJK91 wrote: »
    But of course, the mask is designed to be a long shot type of thing, I totally get that. It's just funny that the article says the stuntman looked EXACTLY like Daniel Craig when...well...

And I agree, it should look much better than Skyfall's digital face swap.

Last summer I worked on the set of the new Terminator movie that was filming in New Orleans. For long shots, and for where he was in a vehicle, the stunt man who was playing Arnold's Terminator wore the equivalent of a Halloween mask, string around the head an all.From where the camera was it looked just like Arnold. Ah, movie magic.