SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Yes. But I certainly have loved the Craig era. I believe that when it is all said and done it has a chance of rivaling the original classic Connery run.

Indeed.

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Very pleased with the trailer. Looking forward to the movie.
    11088433_10153246700826340_8808951248308692388_o.jpg
    Wait there are official pics already ? Where ?

The guy on the right (left from Waltz) looks like Rob Lowe lol
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    The light Bond riffnote at the end was cool too.

That was AMAZING !
    Why does the Octopus on the ring only have 7 legs?

It looks like there are 6 and a penis :)) ;))
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited March 2015 Posts: 2,629
    antovolk wrote: »

Color me impressed. Intriguing and doesn't give much away. I like how it hints that Bond and Blofeld have a past.

I already like the "You're on a kite dancing in a hurricane" quote.

I just love how Craig's Bond has delved into his past.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yes. But I certainly have loved the Craig era. I believe that when it is all said and done it has a chance of rivaling the original classic Connery run.

As have I, don't get me wrong. SF may have disappointed me, but it's not the worst film in the lot, and CR and QoS still stand as some of my favorite Bond films (if not at least in the Top 5).
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I think it's safe to say Craig is at least #2.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The domestic trailer doesn't say IMAX. So far, the marketing campaign for SPECTRE has been very inconsistent.
    I'm thinking it might be a doctor's stethoscope on the table next to Waltz. I can't figure it out. Makes me wonder why he would have one.. if it is indeed that.
    Craig may be my favorite run.
    The thing on the table are wireless in-ear headphones. The kind that is often used for guided tours in museums. A blockier version of something like these: 9zNbmXN.png

I can't believe I registered to post this, but it's a special day. :)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2015 Posts: 4,399
    in terms of the now infamous Kite / C-word debate... i think it boils down to people hearing what they want to hear, or being influenced into hearing it by what others say.... I've watched the trailer about 10 times now, and I do not hear any inclination of the C-word at all - because 'Kite' begins with a "Ky" sound, whereas the other word, the C-word begins with a "Cuh" sound.. two very different and distinct pronunciations.... the only word Kite comes close to sounding like is the slanderous term one would call a person of Jewish faith....
    ..... but because of the way the word is used in the sentence as part of an analogy, neither insult would make much sense - however, saying Bond is "a kite dancing in a hurricane" makes much more sense, as it's clearly White describing the violent and turbulent world Bond is throwing himself into..

it's fun to play games with words, especially when they sound close to sounding like dirty words - but lets not blow this out of proportion, he clearly says 'Kite'
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited March 2015 Posts: 1,257
    Calvin Dyson is uploading a reaction video soon. Keeping an eye out for it.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Awesome teaser trailer!!!!!!!!!!!
    Very happy indeed, Mr. Bond. :D

No qualms at all. Bring it on! :-bd
  • An amazing teaser trailer. Makes you wanting to see more. Very Moody. Loved all the shots in the trailer. Can't wait for the next trailer. This film is going to be a classic!
    Wait guys..I think I've got it..first of all let's stop with the Waltz is Blofeld theory..it might not be true and this is just speculation..I hope it won't be true..now to the part I wanted to say:

If you pause at the part when Bond is holding the picture and the document you can see that he is adopted (or something like that) by H.Obenhauser. H.Obenhause in the novel Octopussy is his ski instructor and sort of a father figure....

Waltz's character is named Franz Obenhauser...so I think it's safe to say the other kid on that picture is Waltz's character.

How is this all related to the organization SPECTRE and is Waltz part of it we will find out in November ! :)

@Whoever posted that Calvin Dyson review, thanks to you too :D
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Does anybody else think Mr. White appears to be blind in the trailer?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I still haven't recovered from shivering in happiness and excitement!! The trailer is SO PERFECTLY shaped, sorted and developed, it doesn't spoil much, but rises the tension second by second! The ending was a hammerblow!!
    Kinda..I wondered what's with his eyes...being blind does makes sense why his eyes are like that... I loved the way he looked in the trailer..so spooky and interesting
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

then how does he hold up the ring to "look at" and "see" the spectre logo on it?

:-?
    I think it's just the way the key light is reflected in his eyes.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 2,598
    I enjoyed the trailer.  I liked how there wasn't any action in it for once. What I didn't like was how they used the Bond theme in all it's glory at the end of trailer.  It would have been better just to use a subtel, slower, darker version of it.  Regarding the look of what I presume are SPECTRE headquarters,a more sinister gothic look with candles for example would have been cooler, I reckon.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2015 Posts: 15,690
    Epic teaser! The cinematography seems breathtaking, and of course the animal scare is back! (That's a bird scaring Bond, right?) Consider me hyped to the max!!! I love Mr White's new look too!
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Too much. One, maybe two, more from this crew. Then we'll need a fresh face and a fresh hand. This run has been great, but after this storyline wraps up I'll be ready to go back to a Bond that is given actual assignments that he, or anyone he knows, has no prior connection with. Maybe a somewhat lighter take again, as well.

Agreed.
  • Loved the Teaser! Just what I had wanted to see, and very surprised no action scenes were shown like Craig's previous trailers. Loved the atmosphere and cinematography! Also so pumped for Waltz's performance. THUMBS UP.
  • So Blofeld´s got hair.
    That teaser was fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. Man I wish/ hope that mendes returns for one more to finish off the Craig era. I CAN'T WAIT.
    antovolk wrote: »

Well I've seen it exciting to me. The one good thing for sure he still carrying his Classic Walther PPK while facing Mr.White.
    I'm not sure why it didn't grab me like it has everyone else. Am I missing something, or seeing a different trailer to everyone else?

I quite like the shots - Very Nolanesque, and like seeing some new Bond scenes, but the whole Bond on another personal mission, and linking SPECTRE to Bond's past has nothing to do with Fleming. Why can't they go back and use some untapped Fleming material, inside of rewriting Bond history.

Feeling a bit underwhelmed to be honest. I thought unearthing Bond's past was enough for SF, but I don't really want to see more of this again. I was hoping for a straightforward Bond film for once - action packed PTS, Bond gets briefed by M to go after SPECTRE, and Bond is on a mission for Queen and country, not another revenge, personal motive angle....again!

I hope I feel different after watching it a few more times, and I hope the next trailer gets me more excited on first viewing.
    So Blofeld´s got hair.
    As does Bond!