SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

RC7 wrote: »
    Regarding the turtleneck...I love it. I said before that Bond constantly wearing a suit in "Skyfall" seemed to be out of place. In my opinion I was hoping more for a "spy-at-work outfit". I can see Bond running in this outfit in Whitehall, just not like it was done in "Skyfall". For me that looked like one big forced showcase of suits (Although I did like the slim-fit, cut-to-the-bone approach).

I like him in dark colours, it would've been nice for it not be so close to Rog in LALD, though. Just for the sake of originality. I prefer his look in the first still we got. He looks good in this, but like I say, it screams Rog to me.

It doesn't scream "Roger" to me. It screams Daniel Craig.....in which one find subtle references to "LALD". I think no matter what we do, especially here on the forums we are "comparison addicts".

That image of Bond you are referring too, made in Austria, was branded "a true George Lazenby reference, with those circular goggles". Bond wearing that blue parka jacket in Austria evoked "Aahh, it screams Willy Bogner/Roger Moore FYEO"!

Really, we can also overreact :-P.

Subtle references? It's the same look. He doesn't look like GL or Bogner in the Austria shots.

If it were 'subtle', I don't think articles like this would be surfacing...

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/daniel-craig-channels-roger-moore-in-first-spectre-113884938501.html

If it was the same poster, but then for "Mission: Impossible", no references would have been made. My point, which you kind of ignore, is the fact that whatever poster is made, "we" always seek for comparisons. Because there is already 53 years of reference material.

I agree that the reference is deliberate, but even then you make it sound so goddammit negative at times. Hence why I rephrased it a bit ;-). You don't like the fact that references keep being made. I think especially this reference, as compared/opposed to bringing back the DB5, completely rocks. Bond is truly out on a mission from the beginning, out in the field. Hence the wunderful LALD-reference. But also Steve McQueen-reference, Steve Jobs-reference, UNCLE-reference, etc....
    JCRendle wrote: »
    This look is Bond doing cosplay of Bond, which is quite weird the more I think about it
    Couldn't this be said every time Bond dons a Dinner Jacket?

It's an accepted trope of the series. If Dan turned up in blue bathing suit ala Connery in GF I'd be equally puzzled. What I'm trying to say and have been regard Mendes' creative decisions at times is STOP COPYING STUFF FROM WHEN YOU WERE A KID. It's just boring.

God.....Brosnan-era era was the best. You should stop overreacting. You base the quality of a movie entirely on such references. Brosnan wore a FFFF-INGG dinner jacket on every of his posters. That's original???? Now Bond wears a turtleneck, first time since LALD, and suddenly Mendes lacks creativity? You are obviously overreacting.
  • RC7RC7
    If it was the same poster, but then for "Mission: Impossible", no references would have been made. My point, which you kind of ignore, is the fact that whatever poster is made, "we" always seek for comparisons. Because there is already 53 years of reference material.

I'm not ignoring your point. I just don't agree with it. I'm not seeking comparisons, but I'll make them if they are glaringly obvious. The world press didn't take long in making the Rog/DC comparison, so it's hardly a group of hardcore fans.

God.....Brosnan-era era was the best. You should stop overreacting. You base the quality of a movie entirely on such references. Brosnan wore a FFFF-INGG dinner jacket on every of his posters. That's original???? Now Bond wears a turtleneck, first time since LALD, and suddenly Mendes lacks creativity? You are obviously overreacting.

Do you see the irony in your post? I didn't mention Brosnan, I don't know what your fixation is with him and constantly comparing him to DC. I don't compare them, because it's a fruitless exercise. What do you get from it? I expect much more from these films and so I judge them with a more critical eye. With all the creative talent involved in these movies they should be game changers, not doing a bit of fancy narrative work and then cherry-picking visuals and moments from the canon.
    Already we have a DB5, a DB10 with an 'ejector seat', a mountain top clinic, Bond dressed as Roger Moore - this isn't becoming of an Oscar winning team of people.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited March 2015 Posts: 11,139
    This look is Bond doing cosplay of Bond, which is quite weird the more I think about it

It's an accepted trope of the series. If Dan turned up in blue bathing suit ala Connery in GF I'd be equally puzzled. What I'm trying to say and have been regard Mendes' creative decisions at times is STOP COPYING STUFF FROM WHEN YOU WERE A KID. It's just boring.

Rarely does this happen but I have to agree with you @Gustav. The Craig era gets assassinated for being alien from the typical tropes of the series and then because Mendes throws in a few nods to past Bond movies and for all intents and purposes is making a more traditional Bond movie, it's tantamount to crimes against humanity!
    8-| its like there's no winning. Damned if you do damned if you don't. Seriously, the series is known for bloody recycling the same movie time and time again. Get over it. The db5 isn't the only car Bond is driving, the outfit he's wearing in the new poster isn't the only outfit he's wearing in the movie. Get a grip or get off the computer, go outside, live a little and get some perspective.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    When there was no Q everyone was screaming for him to return. It's a comfort blanket that reminds us this all belongs to the same series of adventures.

Roger Moore never drove an AM nor ordered a vodka martini, but his films were constantly accused (at the time) of being warmed up reproductions of the 60s films.

Nerdy fans like us will always be the ones who pick through the films and demand fresh and creative films that stay respectful to the series yet gives us something new.

The public at large who actually pay the majority of the money that keeps the series afloat - well they like a bit of familiarity, so that's what they get.
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,512
    doubleoego wrote: »
    The Craig era gets assassinated for being alien from the typical tropes of the series and then because Mendes throws in a few nods to past Bond movies and for all intents and purposes is making a more traditional Bond movie, it's tantamount to crimes against humanity!

I've never assassinated the Craig era for being alien from the typical tropes, I've actively encouraged it, hence why I'm totally nonplussed by Mendes' throwing in 'nods' (hate that word). On the other hand some people do assassinate the Craig films for forgetting the past and actively encourage Mendes to include more familiar tropes. My viewpoint is consistent. I don't see anyone being schizophrenic in this sense so your entire rant is rather redundant. It's just two opposing points of view, I'm not sure which side should get off the computer.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Agreed, the public want " familiarity " :)
  • RC7RC7
    DrGorner wrote: »

Comment removed for unacceptable language. You know better than that
    :))
  • RC7RC7
    NicNac wrote: »
    Nerdy fans like us will always be the ones who pick through the films and demand fresh and creative films that stay respectful to the series yet gives us something new.

I don't think it's too much to ask @NicNac given the supposed talent we have behind the camera. I'm more expectant. These guys should be able to give us fresh ideas, while also delivering the 'feel' of a Bond movie. What irks me is when things aren't just alluding to that 'feel', but instead they are just a carbon copy or reinterpretation of something that has been done before. SP may well achieve this, although there are already a couple of things that have me scratching my head.
    :)) "Give the public what they want !" RC7. :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm just hoping we can get some proper action sequences this time around. I worry we may have too many action set pieces set up and we'll miss out on some good fights and shootouts.

I don't mind the look of things so far. As for yesterday's release, I think Craig looks wonderful in it (nice LALD nod) but it fails as a poster to me.
    What irks me is when things aren't just alluding to that 'feel', but instead they are just a carbon copy or reinterpretation of something that has been done before. SP may well achieve this, although there are already a couple of things that have me scratching my head.

I find it a stretch to consider a couple of Bond touchstones as a "carbon copy". The DB5 is a motif, just as the gunbarrel and theme song. That's all. All this gnashing of teeth seems a little overwrought.
    Alfred Hitchcock once said: "Self-plagiarism is style" - for 007 it´s the USP regarding the other JBs (Jason Bourne, Jack Bauer) ,Ethan Hunt and co.

Rarely does this happen but I have to agree with you @Gustav. The Craig era gets assassinated for being alien from the typical tropes of the series and then because Mendes throws in a few nods to past Bond movies and for all intents and purposes is making a more traditional Bond movie, it's tantamount to crimes against humanity!
    8-| its like there's no winning. Damned if you do damned if you don't. Seriously, the series is known for bloody recycling the same movie time and time again. Get over it. The db5 isn't the only car Bond is driving, the outfit he's wearing in the new poster isn't the only outfit he's wearing in the movie. Get a grip or get off the computer, go outside, live a little and get some perspective.

I think for the public the db5 has become Bond's " Batmobile", they
    Expect to see it. :(
  • RC7RC7
    doghouse wrote: »
    What irks me is when things aren't just alluding to that 'feel', but instead they are just a carbon copy or reinterpretation of something that has been done before. SP may well achieve this, although there are already a couple of things that have me scratching my head.

I find it a stretch to consider a couple of Bond touchstones as a "carbon copy". The DB5 is a motif, just as the gunbarrel and theme song. That's all. All this gnashing of teeth seems a little overwrought.

You don't think
    a mountain top clinic is a visual copy of Piz Gloria? Or that DC in that get-up is a copy of Rog in LALD. Why not just, I don't know, do something different that isn't aping what has gone before.

I don't class the DB5 as a motif. It was in two films and then disappeared for thirty years before coming back for the greatest hits era. Mendes just took it up a level. It's in no way comparable to the gunbarrel or a theme song.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited March 2015 Posts: 560
    VIDEO:Toda la parafernalia en la calle de #Donceles #CentroHistorico para el filme de @007 #Bond #CDMX

http://www.diariodemexico.com.mx/preparan-escenarios-para-el-007/

Filmación de #Spectre nueva película del #Agente007 en la Calle de #Donceles En el @centrohistorico de la #CiudadDe…

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAU3aWXXIAE5o9t.jpg

CAU3aWXXIAE5o9t.jpg

Cerrada la calle de #Donceles ¿Será la llegada de James Bond? #CDMX #movilidad

74d0c66cd2356b9e8db05e596219a48c.jpg

• edited March 2015 Posts: 3,279
    doghouse wrote: »

I like the fact that the Craig era has a touch of the nostalgia and retro about it, from Craig's blue trunks and blue polo shirt being reminiscent of TB, to Arnold's retro Barry '71 soundtrack in QoS, to Craig's current turtleneck looking a bit like Moore in LALD. I'm all for it. I like retro, as long as its subtle, and I like seeing the turtleneck return.

The only times I don't want to see silly nods being used is when its unnecessary and too obvious - Fields covered in oil, laying on the bed in QoS, with its nod to GF. That was too much, IMO.

Likewise, the DB5 in CR, which was just pointless, particularly as we'd already seen it make a return in GE and TND. The DB5 just about got away with it's appearance in SF, because it was a 50 year celebration.

Too many forced nods, and it gets a little tiresome. This was a trend that started during the Brosnan era, but has carried over into the Craig era.

• chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    finding more :D

Por filmación de película de James Bond calles del centro histórico serán cerradas a la circulación @Alerta_MexicoAN

CAY2PE9UQAANl6T.jpg

CAY2PFOUQAQs5LG.jpg

edited March 2015 Posts: 560
    more on the shooting at the historic center of Mexico City (google translate :\"> )

They closed downtown streets for new movie 'James Bond'

By Alejandro Cruz
    Mar, 17 Mar 2015 22:00

For the filming of the new James Bond, 007, different streets of the historic center of Mexico City will be closed to vehicular traffic from next Thursday until April 1, the Government of the Federal District reported.

Through a press release, said that 24 am on Thursday will close completely Donceles streets, between Central Axis and Allende; Filomeno Mata, between May 5 and Tacuba; 57 heroes, including Belisario Dominguez and Donceles and Countess Alley, between May 5 and Tacuba. That same day, but from 6:00 to 9:00 pm there will be no vehicular access to the Zocalo on May 5th and November 20th Avenue, from Republic of El Salvador.

On 20, 21 and March 24 the restriction on the streets and sections mentioned will be partial and in Tacuba, between Central Axis and Chile. Whereas between March 25 and April 1, access to the Zócalo is closed to vehicles from May 5th and November 20th Avenue, from Republic of El Salvador and Avenida Pino Suarez, respectively.

The city government said the Public Transport System (STC) Metro normally offer the service in Allende and Zócalo stations on Line 2, but in the second hits found on Constitution Square will be closed.

http://www.jornada.unam.mx/ultimas/2015/03/17/cerraran-calles-del-centro-historico-del-d-f-por-filmacion-de-007-4675.html
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Whether I deliberate nod or not ..the right amount of panache seems to off set any overly retread.

I like the look personally ...UNCLE and all the others will try to copy bond and bond us trying different combat look. Nice.

Don't really like the poster though ..too Glamour magazine.. needed background ..or something instead of dark greyish brown..

The film seems to be trying to reinterpret classic Bond which is what a lot if tradional fans are seeking. GE tried the same.

• RC7RC7
    DrGorner wrote: »

Fuck the public
    :))

Well, with you in charge of the 007-franchise, Mr Bond would be dead and burried next to mum and dad Bond-Delacroix in Glencoe! :-).

The public don't know what they want. They'll happily be spoon-fed familiarity, but they'll also lap up the unexpected if it's delivered with style and panache. Outside comic fans no one knew they wanted to see Guardians of the Galaxy before it hit cinemas, but now there are legions of fans anticipating the sequel.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The Craig era gets assassinated for being alien from the typical tropes of the series and then because Mendes throws in a few nods to past Bond movies and for all intents and purposes is making a more traditional Bond movie, it's tantamount to crimes against humanity!

I've never assassinated the Craig era for being alien from the typical tropes, I've actively encouraged it, hence why I'm totally nonplussed by Mendes' throwing in 'nods' (hate that word). On the other hand some people do assassinate the Craig films for forgetting the past and actively encourage Mendes to include more familiar tropes. My viewpoint is consistent. I don't see anyone being schizophrenic in this sense so your entire rant is rather redundant. It's just two opposing points of view, I'm not sure which side should get off the computer.

Yes, two opposing points of view but right now, you're the one constantly whinging ardently about things that are relatively minor. If you stopped for a minute, you wouldn't be unsure and know for certain it's you who should step away from the computer and do something with yourself.
    Furthermore, I wasn't actually ranting but what I said holds true. You'd know that if you read my whole post in the context it was written. I never accused you of assassinating the Craig era of being alien from the series. You can hate the nods all you like but crying about it constantly, which you've been doing is it solving your issue? We get it.
    Loving all these photo's of ghouls and skeletons! So excited about the PTS and the whole film obviously.

Did I read correctly that the press conference has been moved to tomorrow now?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,588
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Loving all these photo's of ghouls and skeletons! So excited about the PTS and the whole film obviously.

Yup, moved to tomorrow. Perhaps there will be a live stream?
    Was wondering? On a split shift tomorrow so depending upon the timing of it? I may catch it live, if not then will watch it online later.
  • RC7RC7
    You can hate the nods all you like but crying about it constantly, which you've been doing is it solving your issue?

Don't, please, you mean no one cares? Damn you all.

Man-crying-in-love-1.jpg
    Prepare movie set in Mexico for the arrival of 007
    The Tolsá square is transformed to recreate scenes that will star Daniel Craig in the new James Bond, which will begin shooting in the coming days.

ambientacion-Dia-Muertos-tradicionales-calaveras_MILIMA20150317_0007_8.jpg

http://www.milenio.com/hey/cine/cierran-paso-vehicular-007_0_482951706.html?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Referral&utm_term=Hey&utm_campaign=Milenio
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    jake24 wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Yup, moved to tomorrow. Perhaps there will be a live stream?

at what time is the press conference?
    another angle of the building they are working on

James Bond se apodera del Centro Histórico. #DuroyalasCabezas con @ivonnemelgar por #ExcélsiorTv

CATW8sAVIAItueT.jpg

chipsticks wrote: »
    finding more :D

Por filmación de película de James Bond calles del centro histórico serán cerradas a la circulación @Alerta_MexicoAN

CAY2PE9UQAANl6T.jpg

CAY2PFOUQAQs5LG.jpg

Obviously @RC7, you don't like the above PTS-scenes either, as it includes the "Dia de los muertos"-carnival. And that is way way too much a reference to the Junkanoo-carnaval in "TB" and the Rio-carnival in "MR". No :-)?