SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    chipsticks wrote: »
    fred_north Starting our night on the 007 here in Roma with the Shotover K1 capturing some epic stuff...
    Be ready to see it next November 2015.
    @shotovercamera @airbushelicoptersofficial @verticalmag
    #helicopterpilot #hollywoodpilot #007movie #stuntpilot #safetyfirst #filmpilot #instagramaviation #aerialfilming #as350 #bondmovie #k1 #areyouin #thegamehaschanged #pilotlife #romeatnight 13h

10665918_1458875854402448_540465429_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/938712757756276997_53598115

When did the aerial unit (3rd unit) film this @chipsticks ?

I guess in the past 2-4 days

Can you give me more confirmation on that? I'd like to add it in the shooting schedule.

When you open the link with the picture on websta.me it says that the picture was uploaded on the 12th of March at 2:21 am. That means the 3rd unit filmed the aerial scenes yesterday night and overnight.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 11,119
    RC7 wrote: »
    Not only that, I think it'll cause, like with other key moments in Bond history (Bond skiing down the cliff in "TSWLM") major cheers in cinema next November. Pretty damn sure of it ;-).
    Major cheers, no doubt. In the same way One Direction get major cheers when they spoon feed their fans the same thing they've heard, but in a different package. The general audience enjoy familiarity. I prefer originality in these situations.

As for being up there, I don't see how riffing on something already iconic can then join the thing it's riffing on in those upper echelons of Bond moments. I just don't see it.

The thing I'm excited for is the chase itself and seeing things I've not seen before.

Regard the video, I can show you similar for an invisible car. Doesn't make it a good idea.

What I do like about how it is executed in "SPECTRE" is this:
    First you have this basically terrific car chase, which is truly about Bond's driving skills, which lasts very long (7 mins), and which really has a cool, realistic "Ronin" or "Bullitt" feel to it. And then....THEN....when it really gets dangerous for 007, when you DON'T expect it at all, at the very very end of the chase, 007 frikkin' ejects himself out! BAMMM!

You....actually don't see it coming. I have been thinking about other ideas as well for the car chase. Something new that hasn't been done before. I did like how Samuel L. Jackson escaped his car during the car chase in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier":

But even that....really borders fantasy, how much realistic it feels though. And even that scene reminds me a lot of Bond's BMW 7-series in TND. So, after 50 years of action films, there's already too much stuff for reference to stay fully original.

One could also opt for "nothing" at all. Just the car chase, Bond driving in the river, Bond trying to escape from a car ready to be drowned (which was done terrifically in "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol". Great small role in that scene of Tom Wilkinson though:

But by doing it this way, you're actually copying that very scene from "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol"

Regarding "SPECTRE", I don't think it will feel particularly "funny" or Brosnan-esque "cheesy". I'm convinced the seriousness, the realistic feel of the overall car chase will be dominant. And also, do not forget that adding a car chase, no matter how great, how realistic it is, will never be quite an original, unique thing anymore. You can only re-invent it in such a way with as manny creative skills as possible. But movies like "Goldfinger" and "Bullitt" already did it. They set the templates.

I'm simply talking about the
    ejector seat. If you want to convince me that's original, go ahead, but you'd be talking nonsense.
    Ooowh no, it isn't original. But so isn't the inclusion of an entire car chase. The very presence of a car chase isn't original either. I also mentioned a few examples of how it could be done instead ("Captain America: The Winter Soldier", car chase Washington DC; "Mission: Impossible - GP", Hunt escaping sinking car, no gadgets). But even if you follow that example, you're basically copying stuff as well, making it without a doubt unoriginal as well.
    Well then, by that logic, you're just saying 'making a film isn't original'. Is it that hard to grasp that taking a specific iconic moment from the past and reinventing it is the opposite of originality? DAD did it, now SP is doing it. However good the car chase is, however inventive they are with it, this momemt is neither inventive, nor original. It's not playing with a trope, it's simply copying an image, a moment. Similar to if they used the Union Jack parachute again. I don't think it's much to ask the producers for a little invention and less crowd-pleasing. The chase doesn't have to end with this, but it was clearly built around it. I'd much prefer something not seen in a Bond, even if it's not a 'boom' type finale, let the chase speak for itself ala Ronin or Bullitt.

I think the success, or even the originality of a car chase, doesn't stand or fall with particular elements. In the end it's about how the "total package" holds up, how the actual car chase looks and feels. On November 6th we can truly say if the entire car chase from beginning to end is quite original or not.

By adding my comment that even adding a car chase isn't original, I only wanted to make clear that it doesn't need to destroy my feelings about the movie.
    The ejector seat
    is an element of the car chase, the car chase is an element of the entire film. I firmly believe "SPECTRE" will top "SF" quality-wise, and even on the scale of originality......
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Still no confirmation about the videoblog.
    At this point I don't think it is going to come today
  • RC7RC7
    I think the success, or even the originality of a car chase, doesn't stand or fall with particular elements. In the end it's about how the "total package" holds up, how the actual car chase looks and feels. On November 6th we can truly say if the entire car chase from beginning to end is quite original or not.

By adding my comment that even adding a car chase isn't original, I only wanted to make clear that it doesn't need to destroy my feelings about the movie.
    The ejector seat
    is an element of the car chase, the car chase is an element of the entire film. I firmly believe "SPECTRE" will top "SF" quality-wise, and even on the scale of originality......
    It definitely doesn't destroy my feelings about the chase or movie, it's just boring that they've taken that route. Same with inc. the DB5. Can't wait for the film, but would rather these elements weren't present. Boring choices.

Still no confirmation about the videoblog.
    At this point I don't think it is going to come today

:(( :-O
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    aaron819 wrote: »
    fred_north Starting our night on the 007 here in Roma with the Shotover K1 capturing some epic stuff...
    Be ready to see it next November 2015.
    @shotovercamera @airbushelicoptersofficial @verticalmag
    #helicopterpilot #hollywoodpilot #007movie #stuntpilot #safetyfirst #filmpilot #instagramaviation #aerialfilming #as350 #bondmovie #k1 #areyouin #thegamehaschanged #pilotlife #romeatnight 13h

10665918_1458875854402448_540465429_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/938712757756276997_53598115

When did the aerial unit (3rd unit) film this @chipsticks ?

I guess in the past 2-4 days

Can you give me more confirmation on that? I'd like to add it in the shooting schedule.

I hope the explanation was clear to you ;)

When you open the link with the picture on websta.me it says that the picture was uploaded on the 12th of March at 2:21 am. That means the 3rd unit filmed the aerial scenes yesterday night and overnight.

• edited March 2015 Posts: 669
    To everyone: I AM SO SORRY about my spoiler-heavy post earlier in this thread. I have been spending so much time over on the Spoilers thread that I completely lost track of the fact that I was on this NON-spoiler thread. I am very ashamed of this and feel awful. If I ruined even one small aspect of the movie for anyone, I feel absolutely terrible. I just immediately deleted my post so hopefully no one comes across it.

I apologize again. I'm so sorry this happened!!
    To everyone: I AM SO SORRY about my spoiler-heavy post earlier in this thread. I have been spending so much time over on the Spoilers thread that I completely lost track of the fact that I was on this NON-spoiler thread. I am very ashamed of this and feel awful. If I ruined even one small aspect of the movie for anyone, I feel absolutely terrible. I just immediately deleted my post so hopefully no one comes across it.

I apologize again. I'm so sorry this happened!!

No worries dear. Love is in the air ;-)!
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    edited March 2015 Posts: 512
    No videoblog unfortunately;-(
    No videoblog :((

yup :/ Although maybe it'll land in next few mins...
    antovolk wrote: »
    yup :/ Although maybe it'll land in next few mins...
    won't count on that...
    Wonder where Le Cercle got their info from...
    Maybe they will be releasing it at 6pm GMT. But I doubt it.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    B_6bB-mWsAArsoO.jpg
    Video blog was 18:00 GMT which was 6pm. Atleast that's what was reported.
    B_6bB-mWsAArsoO.jpg

At least a clapperboard :)
    Ah, another old friend returns. The Original "James Bond".
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,164
    hthomas20 wrote: »

Sure it was GMT? Le Cercle's tweet didn't specify timezone.

Also that pic looks like they were doing reshoots at Pinewood.

Sure it was GMT? Le Cercle's tweet didn't specify timezone

It didn't, this is just my idea, but as I said I doubt it.

Same scene number as the Bulldog.

The one I saw was GMT. I could be wrong. Hope not though!

The one I saw was GMT. I could be wrong. Hope not though!

If you did see GMT, that means we have a chance to see it, but I still doubt it.
    I don't think it will come. There is the clapperboard, there won't be a video

I think Ilario wasn't right this time. :/

I think Ilario wasn't right this time. :/

@Marketto007 Do you think that we will see the videoblog today?

We'll possibly find out in 14 minutes
    Clapperboard is scene 21, that is close to
    This one.So I assume they are shooting Bond's house interior daniel-craig-filming-for-the-new-bond-movie_4509065.jpg
    aaron819 wrote: »
    @Marketto007 Do you think that we will see the videoblog today?

I would love to, but I have no idea. :(

edited March 2015 Posts: 512
    B_6bB-mWsAArsoO.jpg

Strange they publish a clapperboard from Tuesday's filming.