Your Favourite Femme Fatale

2»

Comments

I would have to go with Fiona Volpe, the ones that came after were mainly poor copies. Very pale copies too. That said, I always thought Miss Taro was underrated.
    My two favorites are:
    Fiona Volpe beautiful and dangerous
    Electra King a close second

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Fiona, Xenia & Miranda, in that order.
  • Fiona, Xenia and Elektra. I liked Mayday because of the way Grace Jones portrayed her, but I don't think she had a very great part in the over-all story. Fiona and Elektra I just love because Fiona was simply hard as nails (and played very well by Luciana Paluzzi) and Elektra because of that torture scene with Bond... truly inspiring. :D I'm also biased because of Sophie Marceau.

Don't know how Jenny Flex can be so well-liked. Apart from her voice, she was very generic (at least in my opinon).
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 4,622
    JennyFlex wrote: »
    Would Marie in the PTS of DAF count?
    That is a good question. I pondered that, but she is really only guilty of knowing where Blofeld is.
    But, bad people pointed Bond in her direction. Bond immediately strongarmed her, suggesting he didn't trust her.
    All things considered, I think she does count. She seems to be fatale material.

• ivegotarocketivegotarocket Bristol
    Grace Jones as May Day and Luciana Paluzzi as Fiona Volpe.
  • Do we think Craig will ever get his own ultimate femme fatale? Valenka doesn't count I'm afraid.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Grace Jones as May Day

:-bd
    Do we think Craig will ever get his own ultimate femme fatale? Valenka doesn't count I'm afraid.

I hope so. Fingers crossed that Monica Bellucci will be the one. [-O<
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,595
    Fiona and Xenia are my favorites.

Also love May Day, Miranda Frost, and Miss Taro. Honestly the femme fatales are some of my favorite characters / villains in the series. Fiona and Xenia might be my 2 favorite hench-people period.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 4,622
    Fiona Volpe has such massive advantage in this department, I think.
    She's got it all. Massive sex appeal, brains, lots attitude, take-chargeness,charm, wit, eloquence, ruthless, deadly, huge screen presence.
    My number 2, might be Miranda Frost. She was great looking bad girl. Had some believable fight skills, ie, good with a sword.
    Smooth, duplicitous, but she doesn't have the Volpe appeal. She's kind of frosty, and a little unhinged.
    Volpe held it together. Very cool.She could have risen to Spectre #2.
    She had more going on than Largo I think.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2015 Posts: 23,883
    For me Volpe is far and away #1 for all the reasons already mentioned. Additionally, I personally found Paluzzi stunning.

I have to give an honorable mention to Fatima Blush in NSNA though. I thought Carerra did a great job playing the original unhinged femme fatale, and as I've said elsewhere, I'm pretty sure EON cribbed from her interpretation for Famke's Onatopp. When I saw GE foe the first time I recall thinking, she reminds me of someone, but it didn't come to me until later.
    Miranda Frost is #1 for me.
    Then Xenia, Helga & Fiona.
    Helga I think is underrated. She was pretty smooth seducing Bond, and then plotting to do away with him.
    She did catch 007 off guard.Bond barely escaped that nosediving plane.
    timmer wrote: »
    Helga I think is underrated. She was pretty smooth seducing Bond, and then plotting to do away with him.
    Don't forget that healthy chest.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Don't forget that healthy chest.
    That healthy chest was almost Bond's undoing.
    I don't think Bond was ever fooled into thinking he had won her over, but she still got the drop on him.
    They were playing with each other but she managed to get her move in, before Bond could seize an advantage.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    #1 Fiona
    #2 Xenia (crazy, crazy bad)
    #3 Elektra
    #4 Miranda
    #3 Elektra
    OOops. How did I forget her?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2015 Posts: 15,690
    Fiona, Xenia and May-Day. My top 3.
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    Elektra King & Miranda Frost.
    I am surprised nobody mentioned Vesper Lynd. Yes, she acted because of blackmail, but her actions could have left Bond to his death... or worse emasculation.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,595

Helga is fine but she's so blatantly "Fiona 2.0." And when you stand in comparison with Fiona you lose.

Very well said regarding Volpe previously, @timmer, she's really one of the greatest villains in the series, main or otherwise.

Xenia's absurd sadism is impossibly fun to watch. Famke nails the role. Difficult to remain that sexy while being that murderous.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC

Helga is fine but she's so blatantly "Fiona 2.0." And when you stand in comparison with Fiona you lose.

Yup, even down to the red hair she's a repeat of Fiona. She even has a SPECTRE number.

I don't think the 'femme fatales' like Miss Taro who don't actually kill anyone can be put in the same category as Xenia, Elektra, Fiona etc.

And Fiona is still the queen of femme fatales for me.

I notice no one has mentioned Fatima Blush.

edited February 2015 Posts: 17,691
    Sark wrote: »
    Yup, even down to the red hair she's a repeat of Fiona. She even has a SPECTRE number.
    Care I that Helga is Fiona 2.0? Nay, she be fine, and more to my type than the TB lady may be. Attraction is a curious alchemy; who then can explain it?

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    [I notice no one has mentioned Fatima Blush.

I did above @Sark. I think she was the template for Onatopp. Loved her. The original crazy b.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 158
    1) Fiona Volpe. Simply put,what a way to go. 2) Miranda Frost (the fencing scene when she takes off the mask and has a little smile on her face. 3) Helga Brandt (Bond watching her as she offers him a glass of champagne). Excellent.

I don't think the 'femme fatales' like Miss Taro who don't actually kill anyone can be put in the same category as Xenia, Elektra, Fiona etc.

And Fiona is still the queen of femme fatales for me.

I notice no one has mentioned Fatima Blush.

Maybe Miss Taro is more a honey trap than a true femme fatale. I lvoe Miss Taro though.

No doubt about that. Hey, Fiona was such a hit, lets do it all over again, and again with a very healthy chest.

• Yeah like I said, I don't mind Helga. But she's a lesser femme fatale in almost every way. Paluzzi absolutely oozes sex appeal and magnetic charisma. She's very much the female opposite to Connery's Bond in the film. Her line delivery, her performance, her character, everything is better. And if we're getting purely aesthetic Fiona is far sexier.

Helga isn't bad. I love almost all of the femme fatales. But Fiona is better in every single way.