Last Bond Movie You Watched

Comments

DrGorner wrote: »
    OHMSS is my favourite Book and film.
    I even love the score. It's as if they
    made a film just for Me. ;)

Oh wait a minute mister! You don't get it for yourself. You have to share it with the rest of us! ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I loved Aki. Her death is so sad.
    DrGorner wrote: »
    OHMSS is my favourite Book and film.
    I even love the score. It's as if they
    made a film just for Me. ;)

Have not read the book, but this film is rte ally growing on me and I don't know how I can keep it out of the top spot. An awesome picture.
    Last year I re-read all the Fleming books. Brilliant stuff.
    Quantum of Solace

I have a bizarre relationship with this film insofar as I never have an issue watching it as it's the Bond film I find the most difficult to remember. It's also highly unusual in that I dread the set-pieces and yearn for the quieter moments. But even those are half-baked. My eyes glaze over during most of the set pieces, but I am happy to say that
    Spectre makes it a better experience.
    I'm a big QoS fan. It's merely a good picture because it's bracketed by two very strong pictures, but would rather watch this than the Broz films, easy.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Me too. I dislike the editing, but there is a lot to like about this film. There is no wasted space in it. It doesn't dither, but rather goes about its business at an incredible breakneck speed. Foster wanted a speeding bullet feel and he certainly delivered. The quickest Bond fix you can get, with its short running time. I love the artsy feel to some of the scenes (Vienna Tosca, hotel finale etc.) and the vivid colours. I even like the opening car chase, which is one of the most visceral I've ever watched. You feel that car getting ripped to shreds, even if you can't always see it due to the editing. This one grew on me with time...
    qunatum is facinating for me. I have tried to dislike or hate it as many others do I just can't I love the film the action is good the dialouge is brilliant the Opera stuff is superb all in all it's a great film. Initially I though I just loved it because it was the second fleming tile in a row and the plot i enjoyed more then the b rsonan era films but having seen every 007 film (except for Goldeneye as my version still hasnt come in stangly enough) I still rank Quantum high. It's not that the film is perfect I find a few flaws with it (though the flaws I find no one else has metioned) but still over all the film is strong Craig is brilliant and Almaric is menacing creepy and realistic as Greene. I know Bond films aren't "supposed" to be realistic but even Fleming tried to mix the absurd with the realistic in his novels I just preffer more 3 dimensional viollians and i Feel we get that with Greene.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    bondjames wrote: »
    This one grew on me with time...
    Me too. Actually it's my favourite Craig entry so far.
    Yes, me too. Hated it in the cinema, but with repeated viewings I really
    Got to like parts of it. Even the frantic editing of the car chase doesn't
    Seen as fast now. :)
    The problem with it is that it's no damn fun. Kinda a cardinal sin for a Bond film.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 7,500
    I think there's a lot of fun to be had with Quantum. Less humor maybe, but honestly I prefer a bond film without much humor compared to one with bad humor... of which there are a few...
    (Brosnan era cough, Brosnan era cough...)
    FourDot wrote: »
    The problem with it is that it's no damn fun. Kinda a cardinal sin for a Bond film.

I disagree. I think the opening is fantastic, and the story is really interesting to me...until you find out that all they are after are the water rights. Despite some really good story stuff and action sequences that are just a cut above what the series had seen in a while until CR, the end falls short and the villain, who I thought was good, had kind of a bla end. Loved, loved, loved the end sequence with the Algerian fellow.

Fun, good, imperfect movie sandwiched between two excellent films.
    My 2 cents, is QOS, isn't a bad film but coming after CR, it was a bit if a
    Disappointed. It has some great scenes but as mentioned " Fun" isn't
    High on the list.
    Then again the beauty of the Bond series is if you want a serious Bond
    You have a selection of films and if you want fun, there are those too. :)
  • Anyone else watching Diamonds are Forever on ITV?
  • Anyone else watching Diamonds are Forever on ITV?

Yep. Deffo Moore in a Connery mask
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Octopussy. My DVD is scratched so it skipped from Kamal and Orlovs meeting at the monsoon palace to Kamal paying off the Indian thugs in the bar. Still, I always have enjoyed it immensely once Bond arrives in Germany. I rank it #5 in my Moore films beating out FYEO and AVTAK
    I too like OP, one of Moore's best. Mixing a bit of cold war grit
    With a little of the old Bond fantasy. ;)
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 238
    I am going to cheat, because I am watching it right now.

Apocalypse Now.

What a movie. Wow, just, Wow!

Sorry, not a Bond Movie :-(
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 158
    Just back from The Prince Charles cinema in Leicester Sq London having watched FRWL. They're showing all the Bond films on the big screen every Sunday. Started last week with Dr No and ends in June with Skyfall. I want to catch at least one of the films featuring each Bond. The audience was of mixed ages,but for the older generation seeing Connery as 007 at the cinema is probably a big pull. I was a little annoyed though because people were laughing at practically everything going on. Felt like I was watching a comedy rather than 007. If this is their reaction to a Connery classic god forbid what the reaction will be to the Moore era. Might pop back next week for Thunderball hoping the audience will be a bit more respectful. Maybe different film,different crowd.
    No appreciation for the classics from the general public. It's a given.
    Then why were they there? The scene where Bond tells Tania to speak into the camera on the boat (the film was made in the early 60s,what did they expect?) and the knife in the shoe scene with Klebb and Bond using the chair to defend himself brought howls of laughter. If they don't get it,stay at home.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It pains me to hear this. Truly.
    Well I watched DAF, on ITV this afternoon.
    sad to hear about some of the audience at the cinema.
    Ehh, they just want unstoppable action hero these days.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Ehh, they just want unstoppable action hero these days.

That's not the Craig Bond, he gets his arse handed to him and gets up for more.
    Please extend to your girlfriend our complements as a Bond fan community in her excellent taste in both you, and OHMSS. \:D/
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Birdleson wrote: »
    "unstoppable action hero"? That was Brosnan.
    And Lazenby. I would not want to be on the receiving end of his punches. :))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Having just watched that, I am still riding high on Lazenby's fight scenes. None of the other guys come close.

When I first saw OHMSS I was completely blown away by the fights. I'm really hoping SPECTRE has some good fights in it.
    Having just watched that, I am still riding high on Lazenby's fight scenes. None of the other guys come close.
    *cough* Wai Lin *cough*
    ;)