BOND POLLS 2015: BEST SPECTRE-Film POLL (Think Like A SPECTRE-Operative, DEADLINE OCTOBER 18TH)

Comments

• Any voters out there? If you don't vote:

8-X
    5 points - Thunderball - Plan was global in scope, SPECTRE looked like a class act.
    4 points - From Russia With Love - More limited in scope, but an excellent plan.
    3 points - On Her Majesty's Secret Service - Again limited impact but well thought out.
    2 points - You Only Live Twice - Global impact, but to many resources in one basket.
    1 points - Dr. No - Global scope, well executed, lost our anonymity though.

Untitled_zps66c1727b.jpg
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 1,405

Specter in OHMSS-5 points
    Specter in FRWL-4 points
    Specter in Doctor No-3 points
    Specter in Thunderball-2 points
    Specter in YOLT-1points

Blofeld in DAF is an idiot, the team around him full of incapables and NSNA doesn't count.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Total score so far after 12 votes:

01. 39 POINTS - "From Russia With Love"
    02. 33 POINTS - "Thunderball"
    03. 28 POINTS - "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"

04. 13 POINTS - "Doctor No"
    04. 13 POINTS - "You Only Live Twice"
    06. 07 POINTS - "Diamonds Are Forever"
    07. 00 POINTS - "Never Say Never Again"

Please mind that you only need to give your TOP 4 (5 points, 3 points, 2 points and 1 point).
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    +1 for From Russia With Love
  • aaron819 wrote: »
    +1 for From Russia With Love

You need to give your TOP 4 @aaron819 ;-). Look into the opening post of this topic.

Any more votes?
  • Let's pick up this poll guys/gals, shall we ;-)?
    Let's continue voting in this poll! :-9
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 14,799
    1)FRWL-Simply brilliantly executed, if it had not been from a few mistakes, Kronsteen's arrogance and one moment of greed by Grant we would have made it. And the boss dealt with the failures the right way
    2)OHMSS-Another brilliant plan, larger scale, we lost by a narrow margin, yet we still managed to make it a very bitter victory for the other side. Respect to the boss for never letting go. He was relentless, he was resilient, he was admirable. What a beautiful, ruthless way to end a great plan gone wrong and show that we are still a force to be reckoned with.
    3)TB-Stealing a nuke from NATO, blackmailing the free world, great team set up. If it wasn't for Lippe's mistake, we would have pulled it. The other side got seriously lucky this time. A shame for all those operatives dead, including the boss' second in command. The risks were high, we paid a heavy price.
    4)DN-Not sure who was paying our operative in Crab Key and he pretty much did his own thing by himself, so I feel like the organization had less credit for this one. This is the only reason why it is relatively low on the list: More a Dr. No thing than a SPECTRE one. Still, great scheme.
    5)YOLT-Really a serious mistep from the boss. Too big an operation, convoluted a scheme, too many things that could have gone wrong and did go wrong. And even if we had succeeded. What were we to do after a nuclear holocaust? What's the point in that? I still can't figure out what was the plan. I had heard the boss first wanted to create a garden of death or something, with deadly plants and animals. Eccentric, maybe, but I could see this working at least, and just for setting up such a place, I would have loved to be part of it.
    6)DAF-Shameful. The boss was becoming senile. He was mad anyway, and not in a good way. A caricature of the man he used to be.

Special mention for FYEO. I feel sorry for the boss, but I am proud that he tried his best, with the little means he had at the time and with his failing health, to get back at the thorn at his side one last time. I was heartbroken when I heard the news. Less about his passing than knowing that, at another time, at his best, the boss could have won easily. And just because he would have had the man he hated right after said man had pay homage to his departed wife... whom the boss killed, I had to mention it.

Anyway, a bit of news cheered me up recently: I've heard the boss may not be so dead after all. And he may even be at the top of his game again.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 266
    01. 5 points- FRWL, A great deal of planning went into this and very nearly worked.

02. 3 points- TB, Ambitious plan and if 007 hadn't conveniently been at the same health spa as Count Lippe etc. SPECTRE may of succeeded

03. 2 points- OHMSS, Blofeld's Angels of death to start Biological Warfare- how does he think of them.

04. 1 point- YOLT, Bonkers plan I wonder what the other SPECTRE agents thought when Blofeld told them about this one.
    Keep voting guys ;-).
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    Great topic.

01. From Russia With Love (5 Points)
    To truly accomplish any objectives, you need to take out your greatest adversary. Having a grand master plan the death of that person by luring him in with his only weakness while being stalked by a specially trained operative slowly tying the noose around him until he cannot escape.

02. On Her Majesty's Secret Service (3 Points)
    Having the world cower at your demands through hypnotizing femme fatales to spread a disease that will wipe out crop and animal life for the world to starve. This one is worthy of a RFK conspiracy theory on an even grander scale.

03. Dr. No (2 Points)
    Secretly sabotaging American rockets mounting high economic costs for running the programs in the first place, let alone the intellectual loss for what the program was meant to discover.

04. Thunderball (1 Point)
    Defying the strict air traffic control for military planes flying with nuclear weapons, managing to keep a hijacked plane hidden from detection until they can be used against anyone on the map.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    1.) TB - 5 Points
    2.) FRWL - 3 Points
    3.) OHMSS - 2 Points
    4.) YOLT - 1 Point
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 832
    1. You Only Live Twice 5
    2. Thunderball 3
    3. From Russia With love 2
    4. On Her Majesty's Secret Service 1
    Total score so far after 17 votes:

01. 59 POINTS - "From Russia With Love"
    02. 47 POINTS - "Thunderball"
    03. 39 POINTS - "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"

04. 20 POINTS - "You Only Live Twice"
    05. 16 POINTS - "Doctor No"

Please mind that you only need to give your TOP 4 (5 points, 3 points, 2 points and 1 point).
    Keep voting guys. And in the meanwhile, a wunderful new Octopus-logo:
    11334432_1452218088427707_1672037015_n.jpg
    Keep voting guys.....
    Keep voting guys ;-).
    Keep voting guys ;-).

Strange, I thought OHMSS would be higher and DN higher than YOLT. No surprise about FRWL though.
    Ludovico wrote: »

Strange, I thought OHMSS would be higher and DN higher than YOLT. No surprise about FRWL though.

I think FRWL and TB are the quintesessonal SPECTRE-films:

--> The secretive meetings in both FRWL and TB that preludes more danger to come.
    --> The image of Blofeld, but with his face kept in the dark, creates mystery.
    --> The slightly larger-than-life deaths: feeding to sharks, piranhas, or electrocuting with one hit on a button.
    --> Seeing the syndicate SPECTRE as a big organization, with rather weird-looking, though still dangerously scary henchmen/-women (Rosa Klebb, Grant, Largo, Volpe)

I have a feeling that the upcoming Bond films tries to channel that scare and mystery again.
  • RC7RC7
    In terms of the film that best portrays SPECTRE, as opposed to the 'best' film that happens to incorporate SPECTRE (which I assume is the criteria?) it's no surprise to me that FRWL and TB are top. YOLT, OHMSS and DAF are Blofeld centric, the others utilise the idea of SP better.
    RC7 wrote: »
    In terms of the film that best portrays SPECTRE, as opposed to the 'best' film that happens to incorporate SPECTRE (which I assume is the criteria?) it's no surprise to me that FRWL and TB are top. YOLT, OHMSS and DAF are Blofeld centric, the others utilise the idea of SP better.

You think.....SP will be more SPECTRE-oriented? Or more Blofeld-oriented?
  • RC7RC7
    In terms of the film that best portrays SPECTRE, as opposed to the 'best' film that happens to incorpor
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 11,119
    In terms of the film that best portrays SPECTRE, as opposed to the 'best' film that happens to incorpor

What did you mean to say? I guess something went wrong with your post :-)
    Is this in regard to SPECTRE's plot/goal? Here is my ranking. Please add up the points for me:

1. "THUNDERBALL"
    2. "ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE"
    3. "YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE"
    4. "FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE"
    5. "DOCTOR NO"
    6. "DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER"
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    5 points - FRWL - The plan nearly worked, if not for the ego of Grant getting in the way.

3 points - TB - Nearly had Bond taken out of the equation on 5 separate occasions (at the health spa, Largo grenading the water around his boat, Bond trapped in the covered pool, escaping through the parade, then trapped by Largo on that small island at the end).. just could never seal the deal.

2 points - OHMSS - A very sinister germ warfare plot.. but a lot of intangibles that could possibly get in the way - what if the girls don't put batteries in their radio receivers? what if the signal is weak from being too far away from the base? plus, the idea of a mountain top hideout works in fantasy - but it also leaves no room for easy escape should you come under attack - (as did happen) - you have nowhere to run to.

1 point - DN - not sure what was exactly to gain from simply throwing rockets off course (can't remember if it was ever made clear - other than the toppling was interfering with rocket guidance).. but either way, out of all the schemes SPECTRE has dreamt up, this seems the less impressive.
    Results so far:

dGRWzO.jpg
  • 5 points: FRWL
    3 points: TB
    2 points: YOLT
    1 point: OHMSS