SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    antovolk wrote: »
    Scenes shot yesterday:
    Bond and Tanner are on the river Thames on the way to the relocated Q-Branch. Old MI6 is listed for demolition and right opposite on the north side of the bridge (where Bond and Tanner were facing instead of MI6 in the photos) is the new Centre for National Security

Apartment - FYI bits inside were already filmed in Pinewood I think - Moneypenny visits Bond to return to him personal effects from Skyfall. Also SPOILER ALERT cameo in that scene

Thanks @antovolk! And that cameo you speak about, can we see it in any of the photos that are online from the shooting?

• This is a general message.

And the spoiler thread continues to be insanely popular. Many forummembers literally are "spoiled brats". I don't get it what "fun" you get out of reading all those leaks. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind being spoiled at times, but this leaked draft screenplay surely must throw away quite a bit of excitement you previously had.

I'm quite disappointed that we tend to forget the ethics behind all this. Yes, sure, Sony is a billion dollar company. But that never justifies the hacks those North-Korean basterds did. Moreover, what if the leaks were even worse for "SPECTRE", like it is the case now with "The Interview". The latter movie surely is the biggest victim of the SonyLeaks. "Guardians Of Peace" got what they want: Substantial censorships applied to that film. Ask yourself how you would have reacted if that was the case with "SPECTRE".

I'm still disappointed in many of us, and why we don't ask ourselves these ethical questions first, before we start behaving like "spoiled brats", before we start slamming down Sony, MGM & EON.

I have to admit @Gustav_Graves is right.

These leaks are part of a terror campaign and people's wilful endorsement of them on these forums is shocking. Last year we were all up in arms over the Snowden leaks and the affront it created to our privacy, however, when given the opportunity it seems some of us are more than willing to turn against our own morals and invade others privacy. It's such hypercritical behaviour. I know those writing about the leaks on these forums are Bond fans and very excited for the film but just imagine Spectre's opening day when you finally see it and you ruined for yourself reading about it on some forum.

I'm not saying that we should not discuss the leak but actively talking about the material that has got out is very distasteful especially to EON who are putting this film together for your entertainment. If people really want to discuss this material indepth then go to 4chan or Reddit but surely it should not be tolerated on Mi6? It's just not right. I hope @JamesPage does something about this and locks this thread.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 591
    I think the film has gone under more exstensive rewrites than just changing some bits of the ending. I believe they may have literally written a whole new ending that doesn't involve Bond leaving Mi6 at all plus I believe the whole Blofeld reveal will have been changed as well.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    It is not the forum indivuals who will pay the price for posting extracts of the leaks, it is the board owners liability.
  • RC7RC7
    I think the film has gone under more exstensive rewrites than just changing some bits of the ending. I believe they may have literally written a whole new ending that doesn't involve Bond leaving Mi6 at all plus I believe the whole Blofeld reveal will have been changed as well.

Thanks for the spoiler tags.
    RC7 wrote: »

How about you come off the discussion that warns you about leak spoilers?

I don't understand why people expect us not to talk about these things, if we have chosen to read whatever spoilers have come our way that's our choice. If you don't want us to talk about it DONT HAVE A WHOLE DISCUSSION PAGE DEDICATED TO IT.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    @Gustav_Graves and @Pierce2Daniel There are several studies out there proving that spoilers do NOT ruin the experience of watching the movie for the first time. And if knowing the whole story would ruin the movie, then how can you explain a movie based on a novel being fun for people who have already read the novel? For example, how do you explain it that Harry Potter fans were excited about every single new Harry Potter movie even though they already knew the whole story?
  • It is not the forum indivuals who will pay the price for posting extracts of the leaks, it is the board owners liability.

@JamesPage is making himself a sitting duck for attacks from EON. For years MI6 couldn't even publish MGM copyrighted images, it seems in recent years that ban has been lifted. I think they are on rocky ground having people discuss stolen material so openly on their forums. I love MI6 but if EON turn on them I fear they don't have the infrastructure to withstand their offensive.

People are also openly sharing the leaked info over the Mi6 Community private messaging system. I'm sorry but this forum is facilitating the Sony hacks. If you look carefully at the language of the EON Statement this weekend you will see that Mi6 are essentially creating and supporting a distribution system that is sharing stolen material.

STOP THIS
  • RC7RC7

How about you come off the discussion that warns you about leak spoilers?

I don't understand why people expect us not to talk about these things, if we have chosen to read whatever spoilers have come our way that's our choice. If you don't want us to talk about it DONT HAVE A WHOLE DISCUSSION PAGE DEDICATED TO IT.

I thought I was in the other thread - which also has the word 'Spoiler' in the title, but in which most people are courteous enough to add tags. That thing that takes a split second to do and allows some us the chance to take a peek at photos etc without having detailes spoiled.
    Well I've changed it now anyway. Next time people who don't wanna know things about leaks shouldn't come on this site
  • RC7RC7
    Well I've changed it now anyway. Next time people who don't wanna know things about leaks shouldn't come on this site

It's people like you who do my head in. 13 posts in and you're telling people to get off the site? I certainly won't be back in this thread.

@RC7 MadeleineSwann is absolutely right. This is a thread discussing the leaked materials. It is only your fault that you accidentally clicked on this thread instead of the other one.

@Pierce2Daniel Calm down. Nobody is distributing the leaked materials and there is nothing illegal about simply discussing the leaks. Banning all discussion of the leaked materials would make absolutely no sense.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    This is a general message.

And the spoiler thread continues to be insanely popular. Many forummembers literally are "spoiled brats". I don't get it what "fun" you get out of reading all those leaks. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind being spoiled at times, but this leaked draft screenplay surely must throw away quite a bit of excitement you previously had.

I'm quite disappointed that we tend to forget the ethics behind all this. Yes, sure, Sony is a billion dollar company. But that never justifies the hacks those North-Korean basterds did. Moreover, what if the leaks were even worse for "SPECTRE", like it is the case now with "The Interview". The latter movie surely is the biggest victim of the SonyLeaks. "Guardians Of Peace" got what they want: Substantial censorships applied to that film. Ask yourself how you would have reacted if that was the case with "SPECTRE".

I'm still disappointed in many of us, and why we don't ask ourselves these ethical questions first, before we start behaving like "spoiled brats", before we start slamming down Sony, MGM & EON.

There are absolutely no ethical concerns whatsoever to discussing the leak information in the public domain on a dedicated thread such as this one and only here.

There are definite ethical concerns with directly posting leak information either here or anywhere else on this forum.

There are definite ethical concerns with discussing the leak information or alluding to it anywhere else on this forum.

Those who don't want to see this information, please don't come on to this thread (perhaps a big bold statement is required that pops up whenever you come here to warn you)

Those who don't know whether to 'spoiler tag' your discussion, as @NicNac has suggested below, it would be courteous & considerate to spoiler tag here, out of respect for other members who may come here accidentally. We don't want to upset them, even unintentionally. We are priveleged that the mods have allowed us to be able to discuss the leaks here, so it's better to be careful and safe.

My two cents from earlier, reposted in shorter form for those who have doubts.
  • RC7RC7
    @RC7 MadeleineSwann is absolutely right. This is a thread discussing the leaked materials. It is only your fault that you accidentally clicked on this thread instead of the other one.

I certainly wish I hadn't made that mistake, but as always that mistake is now ten-fold. It won't take long until these details find themselves in other non-spoiler threads because the people who are too weak to resist, generally tend to be too lazy to be considerate. There's no way this will remain its own closed thread without leaks of it's own.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883

I certainly wish I hadn't made that mistake, but as always that mistake is now ten-fold. It won't take long until these details find themselves in other non-spoiler threads because the people who are too weak to resist, generally tend to be too lazy to be considerate. There's no way this will remain its own closed thread without leaks of it's own.

You may have a point, but I don't agree with your choice of words here. This is a choice, not a question of weakness. It's a matter of principle. We just have a different point of view on things. Try not to judge, and please try not to come here again if you're offended.

This is exactly why we need this thread. If this thread was closed down, then those who are "too weak to resist" would definitely spoil the other threads.
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »

You may have a point, but I don't agree with your choice of words here. This is a choice, not a question of weakness. It's a matter of principle. We just have a different point of view on things. Try not to judge, and please try not to come here again if you're offended.

Believe me, I'm not suggesting everybody who has digested the leaks has done it out of pure weakness, I'm suggesting a portion of those people are. They are the fly-by-nights who want to know everything before everybody else, and they are complacent and lazy and they, along with their spoilers, will find their way into non-spoiler threads because they have an innate disregard for other fans. It happens with each production, it's just a shame that this time around the leaks are so substantial.

I'm not the first person to find myself posting in an incorrect thread, it happens frequently on here as there are many threads that are similar in content. Personally I'd prefer it if people discussed illegally obtained material in personal messages rather than on a public forum, but that's my opinion and isn't shared by others. I will leave the thread and hope that people show more respect in others as the production progresses.

bondjames wrote: »

Believe me, I'm not suggesting everybody who has digested the leaks has done it out of pure weakness, I'm suggesting a portion of those people are. They are the fly-by-nights who want to know everything before everybody else, and they are complacent and lazy and they, along with their spoilers, will find their way into non-spoiler threads because they have an innate disregard for other fans. It happens with each production, it's just a shame that this time around the leaks are so substantial.

I'm not the first person to find myself posting in an incorrect thread, it happens frequently on here as there are many threads that are similar in content. Personally I'd prefer it if people discussed illegally obtained material in personal messages rather than on a public forum, but that's my opinion and isn't shared by others. I will leave the thread and hope that people show more respect in others as the production progresses.

I do agree with you that some fly by nighters could create trouble, and that would be unfortunate......but I agree with @PanchitoPistoles that this is going to happen anyways (you can't stop discussion......that would be undemocratic) so it's better to move it to somewhere dedicated like here so that most of the energy is contained in that one place.

You can't stop it all, but you can attempt to contain it and diffuse it in one place.....

Like 'Prohibition' did not work, absolute limits will not work, because what you're attempting to stop (discussion) is not illegal, and will be abused....... it's better to have regulation, such as containment.

I get your point, believe me. At the end of the day, this is one big mess all round.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Yes it is and we try to contain it as best we can. Doesn't seem to stop everyone bickering though.
    So, we have this thread, but maybe the addition of using spoiler tags would be the decent thing to do.
    We haven't had final directive from above to say what our future policy will be. So, enjoy this while you can.
    Regardind this last few posts, i would like to state clear that if i want to know in advance more about the script/movie it's my decision. It doesn't ruin a bit the experience of going to watch the movie for the first time, but i totally understand those who feel differently and respect them. So please, respect users that thinks as i do.
    Therefore i dont comment anything regarding the posible plot of the film in detail, outside this thread. And we even use spoiler tags in this thread.

Regarding the leaks i wont share or distribute or even look for them, but in this specific thread with people (and not just reglar people, but members of the 007 fan community) that want to comment on them i dont see any harm in that.
    Even so, if any Mi6 community administrator ask me to stop discussing this leaked info i will immediatly stop.

But if some members dont want to read this info .. just dont come to this thread .
    And certainly at 40 i am no spoiled brat. I am not here to ofend anyone nor to be ofended.
    Having said that i would like that someone from this site's management team would make a final and clear statement regarding this issue so that we all can feel well in this community, without going against rules or creating disconfort. thanks
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Well at the moment it's here..
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10474/community-policy-concerning-spectre-sony-leaks

Should the policy change then everyone will be informed. If we can follow the guidelines as set out here and now, then all well and good.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11,119

@Pierce2Daniel Calm down. Nobody is distributing the leaked materials and there is nothing illegal about simply discussing the leaks. Banning all discussion of the leaked materials would make absolutely no sense.

Then you didn't got my message. My message is not about judging the people who read and re-post these leaks. That's really your own choice. If it creates fun for you, then by no means don't stop posting in here. This also goes for you @PanchitoPistoles.

My message though, is about the ethics of it all. I think it is consistently unethical, especially because these sources were stolen. It is a criminal act. And all we do is using the results of these criminal acts for our own good, to satisfy our own fun about the leaked screenplay.

Also, you can not say that black-and-white if we're acting unethical or ethical. But at least in my case I think it's "Not Done" to attack Sony, EON or MGM for the real contents of these leaks. And moreover, HAVE we actually discussed the matter of hacking? Have we discussed the deeds of Guardians Of Peace? What do we think about these people? Do we support them? Do their actions enhance filmmaking in the future? What would you like to say to these hackers? Can you at least feel a tiny bit of empathy for Guardians Of Peace?

I think those are really valid questions......and should be asked first once we decide to discuss the contents of these leaks. This is my personal, perhaps enlightened, opinion off course.....and this is part of how I perceive ethics, privacy matters...
    A few points I feel I need to say

1. I am deeply disappointed in the whole thing if I was Amy pascal I would fight the GOP with everything I had heck I would green light a film called Gaurfians of peace and have it be a parody making fun of those idiots. As a Christian my beliefs are made fun of neArly every day of the week by Hollywood but I am not going to start a hacker group just because of a few jokes..

2. The leaks have made me even more excited for Spectre. While I can understand why others would not like it I would and plus I have no willpower when it comes to these things. Probably why my diet has been so bad.

3. I love this site and consider it my second home on the web (behind yes fans.com) so I am willing to do anything to keep the peace here on this forum including not saying anything.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Also how much do you want to bet
    disfigured Oberhauser in the finale will have the signature Blofeld scars?

I thought that as well.
    timmer wrote: »
    Anyone?Are we to believe that Mr White has somehow fallen out of favour with Spectre Leader. I am not clear on why we find him holed up in a safe room.
    I guess we'll find out once we see the film but my guess would be that he was seen as a liability after QoS. I mean he was the one that led Bond to Quantum and he was their only real lead, if they'd tracked White down and uncovered Quantum this might have led to them finding out about SPECTRE. So Blofeld ordered White's death which led to him living in a panic room in a secluded location.

That's my guess anyway.
    Scenes shot yesterday:
    Bond and Tanner are on the river Thames on the way to the relocated Q-Branch. Old MI6 is listed for demolition and right opposite on the north side of the bridge (where Bond and Tanner were facing instead of MI6 in the photos) is the new Centre for National Security

Apartment - FYI bits inside were already filmed in Pinewood I think - Moneypenny visits Bond to return to him personal effects from Skyfall. Also SPOILER ALERT cameo in that scene
    I'm assuming you mean the Judi Dench cameo on the DVD. I can see others being annoyed at this but I like the idea. She gives Bond one final (for him and for her) mission from beyond the grave.

Anyway, something else I'm really happy about after reading the leaks: the action. There seems to be more setpieces than SF and I'm really happy with that and it all sounds great. It all seems to be on an epic scale.
    Can't wait to see Bond fight Hinx on the train, the Rome car chase or the destruction of Blofelds base in Morocco. I also love the sound of the bit in Austria where Madeline is being driven away and Bond follows on a plane. It reminds me of the GE tank chase, the villain thinks he's got away with the girl then Bond comes after him in a massive vehicle. I can imagine the Bond theme kicking in as they come out of the tunnel and the plane soars into view.

Also: New gadgets on the new Aston Martin and the gunbarrel at the start! Fuck yeah!
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,622
    The instructions from the mods are crystal clear regarding discussion in this thread.
    I'm not going to repeat @dimi's post, because anyone that wants to actually take the time, can read it for themselves, and then maybe even respect it.

ie posting links is ok, copying or directly quoting material is not ok. Makes sense to me.
    Pretty standard website operating procedure. We don't need to lecture each other.
    We do have mods. The board is moderated. Relax.

We are discussing plot details as we know them or think we know them, and offering opinions on same. Simple.. It does not dull our enjoyment of the film to come, in fact the opposite is true. But thanks for the concern ( yes sarcasm intentional)

Spoiler tags are not needed. Its a full blown, as advertised, and created for this express purpose, spoiler thread.

Avoiding this thread should not be that tough. ie I don't have a clue, what is being said in the Daniel Craig Appreciation Thread. ( over 500 new messages there waiting for me apparently) but I am not even mildly curious as to what is being discussed there. If I can do it, you can do it too.

And speaking of DC appreciation, I don't see @germanlady in here lecturing. In fact this thread was originally created out of respect for her wishes that leaked spoiler talk not clutter up other spoiler-type threads, which are also in the spoiler section, and which she actively participates in. Maybe take a cue from her. She's a veteran of these boards, going back to the KTBEU days.

Maybe those all riled up over the ethics of leaking and other such matters, can form their own thread and go nuts.

In the meantime to the matter at hand, and I will use spoiler tags. Maybe we can all use spoiler tags for a week, until those that are worried about being spoiled, can discipline themselves not to visit.

someone mentioned something about a pet. I didn't catch that. Care to elaborate. I do recall mention of a black cat, but that was just running across the road towards the end.

The outlines that we've all seen, and the link is readily available, are informative, but also short on detail, there is still much to speculate on.

What I am not clear on is what is Mr. Whites role in all of this and what exactly is going on at that meeting that Bond crashes. Hinx eliminates someone, who was maybe challenging dear Leader?

In the pts, it seems Bond is going after Bellucci's husband but not clear why. He grabs the Spectre ring. That seems to be the prize, but he was originally just going to shoot him. Was his main task to kill him or was he actually just going aftr the ring.
    Ok. Clear for me. Peace and love! Now, regarding the action scenes you are excited about @thelivingroyale wont we have any in Mexico? Will he have a PTS without real action? Care to comment :)
    ...... regarding the action scenes you are excited about @thelivingroyale wont we have any in Mexico? Will he have a PTS without real action? Care to comment :)
    Mexico is the pts. There is a big action scene. Bond is trying to shoot a Spectre operative, buildings collapse, big Day of Dead carnival, junkanoo type thing going on, helicopter battle, sounds like a great pts, with a really neat transition off the spectre ring into the title song montage of vignettes from Craig's previous Bond films
    Look like a first rate pts, and Bond even has shapely female partner, ala OP, avtak, TB pts's etc.

I am definitely seeing an attempt at throwback type scenarios in this new film, which echo past films. Not clumsly homages, but tried and true scenarios that work.

The dinner with Oberhauser at the end, is borrowed heavily from Dr No, yet presumably will have its own unique look and vibe.

Nice work.
    Just finished reading the screenplay. A few thoughts:
    I am happy to see that the script from mid-October is not the final version. The outline written a few weeks after the leaked script proves that they did a major rewrite on the third act during October/November and I believe they made the right changes.

The screenplay is very far from being a disaster but it's clearly nowhere near to being as great as the screenplay of Casino Royale. And I even though I love Skyfall and I am sure this movie will be good, I hate it that they went against everything Casino Royale and the reboot stands for. The DB5 is back, we have another silly villain, an action heavy story without much depth and the whole thing is a little bit too tongue in cheek for my taste.

It's funny that with Skyfall and Spectre they constantly try to prove that Bond is still relevant, yet for example the DB5 is back again (and this time it's NOT Bond's personal car - it looks like Mendes doesn't care that it was Bond's own car in CR). Bond felt like a real person in CR, here he is clearly a movie character.

The story as a whole is way better than the stories of TND, TWINE, DAD and QOS but it's not as good as CR and SF. I predict the movie will be on the level of GE, which is certainly not bad but a little disappointing after SF. If you consider GE a hit, then this will be the 4th hit of the Barbara Broccoli/Michael G Wilson era.

I'm hoping that Craig will do a 5th movie. This story started with CR is finally over and maybe we could get a really great stand alone film. I say they should lower the budget for the next one and let someone really experiment with the formula. And if they decide to start a new era with a new actor in the leading role, they should really leave the past behind. And by that I mean REALLY leave the past behind.
    Pleeeease no more spoiler tags.
    doghouse wrote: »
    Pleeeease no more spoiler tags.

How about just for another week, until like Monday the 22nd, then we can dispense with them entirely. Some members need time to ween themselves off the thread. :)

Good summary @panchito I'll comment later. As you are as informed as anyone, can you help with some of my questions?