SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• I must say, by jolly, I think I've cracked it. Follow me if you will on a theory I have am formulated today while watching "Skyfall" for the 500 th time... :))

M is talking to Minister Gareth Mallory in Mallory's home. A scene shot and lit by Roger Deakins. M remarks that villains are around them all the time. M even mentions in a scene that rised chills on my spine that the true villains are "in the shadows...

I asked myself, "Why does this sceen chill your soul every time?" Then I stopped to think and realised.

Behind M, in the very selfsame shadows she mentions, is Bill Tanner (Rory Kinnear in a wunderful performance).

Forshadowing from Mendes for what must have been Marc Forster's brainchild or the brainchild of Babs and Michael, that Tanner is a Quantum... or now SPECTRE... undercover mole within MI6.

Will Tanner be revealed to be the turncoat after the finger is first pointed at Mallory and at new character Denbigh. These characters I guarantee will be red herrings to throw Bond fans off the scent. While the trusted Tanner sneaks to praminence as the greatest villain off our times, Ernst "Mr White Cat Stroker" Stavro Blofeld

This in my opinion would be wunderful. It would truly insure that SPECTRE is the total package in terms of surprises, if these chickens may even come home to roost in "Bond 25".

This is wunderful, brilliant scripting from all concerned. I for one will be there with bells on, an uber-Bond fan since 1989, ready to enjoy what will be a remarkable Bond entry. Agreed with me, no? Is this not a theory which holds water?

What a time to be a Bond fanatic! ^:)^
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yeah, Bill "I'm just gonna hide down here and leave M to be shot" Tanner is the dangerous, enigmatic Ernst Stavro Blofeld. How could I have been so daft all these years?! ;)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    turning a character like Tanner - who is an ally of Bond in every novel written and every film made, into a traitor... that would take some serious balls - but will undoubtedly piss off a lot of people... it would be like turning Leiter into a bad guy.. i don't see it happening...

Denbigh will most likely be the insider..
  • GalaxyGalaxy Prague
    edited December 2014 Posts: 8
    Well That is some of the dumbest shit I've read in a while....

Anyway, I'm disappointed to see Tanner back as a character personally. I found him dull and boring in the past. Never really stood out to the audience.

Ladies and gentlement... introducing, Tanner back for SPECTRE. *groan*
    Who knows, I don't believe it possible either, but it seems a lot of people have been dwelling over that script. John Logan, Wade & Purvis, that theater guy annd also DC and Mendes himself. Daniel has said in an interview, that he was given pretty much
    free reign to work on the script with Sam. Whether or not all these cooks cooked a great meal has to be seen.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    HASEROT wrote: »
    turning a character like Tanner - who is an ally of Bond in every novel written and every film made, into a traitor... that would take some serious balls - but will undoubtedly piss off a lot of people... it would be like turning Leiter into a bad guy.. i don't see it happening...

I'm with you on this. I just hope the character isn't so much like Andrew's version of Moriarty from Sherlock. It would feel like him covering the same ground again, which actually makes me think he may not be a hidden villain in this one.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11

But would it not be brilliant to see, no?

And why would Babs and Michael hire an accomplished actor such as Rory Kinnear, (star of Black Mirror, BAFTA winning performance, and star of Othello on the London stage, treading the boards like an old pro) to play a (as you say) "dull and boring" character as Bill Tanner.

He may be a loyal ally in Fleming's original masterworks, but here today in the cinematic 007 language, he is not recognised to fans and not have a fan following at all. He would be the perfect candidate to play the role of MI6 Turncoat, and who better than a much acclaimed, heavily accoladed, award winning actor as Mr Kinnear, no?
    If Tanner is so under the radar to audiences, how do you expect any of them to care when he's revealed as the turncoat? I barely care about the guy and I'm Bond obsessed, so I don't know how you think "normal-folk" will have any interest or emotional investment in the big reveal.

Good thing this'll never happen.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited December 2014 Posts: 16,333
    Troll account alert.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i never said he was dull and boring... i like Tanner..

you know who else i like, @Gustav_Graves.... and it takes a certain amount of immaturity and free time to create an almost duplicate profile, just so you can have fun mocking the guy..... i think it's time to grow up.
  • GalaxyGalaxy Prague
    I barely care about the guy and I'm Bond obsessed

I literally watched all the way through Skyfall maybe five times beforemy friend asked me who Tanner was I couldnt even answer him.

• If Tanner is so under the radar to audiences, how do you expect any of them to care when he's revealed as the turncoat? I barely care about the guy and I'm Bond obsessed, so I don't know how you think "normal-folk" will have any interest or emotional investment in the big reveal.

My dear boy, there in lies the perfect gambit. Is this not a gambit on the part of Babs and Michael. Tanner starts at the least suspected person in MI6. He is background filler, a white noise. Even you can admit this. It's plain to see for all fans.

Then he begins to take more of an actor's showcase in the wunderful "Skyfall". Here we can confirm that Mendes has big plans for Tanner, even taking credit for Kinnear's casting. If Tanner was such a nobody with no future in the Bond universe, they could ensurely hire a cheaper actor than highly accoladed and lauded British actor Rory Kinnear?

Witness also Tanner bizarre and odd behaviour in the multi-Oscar winning "Skyfall". It is he who helps set up the death of Judi Dench's incarnation of M, off course he is helping get the chess pieces into place on this grand chess board. With Judi gones, in comes Mallory... a "puppet" M, maybe a puppet of Big Ernst himself?

The more I stop and consider these possibilitys and more, the more I start to consider that this is the grand plan of Babs, who is ringmaster of the Craig Era. My God, any Bond fan should keep an open mind to these potentials, no?
    Murdock wrote: »
    Troll account alert.
    i never said he was dull and boring... i like Tanner..

you know who else i like, @Gustav_Graves.... and it takes a certain amount of immaturity and free time to create an almost duplicate profile, just so you can have fun mocking the guy..... i think it's time to grow up.

I thought the spelling was off as I scrolled down, but I'm exhausted and just thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Guess not.

Sorry, boys...
  • GalaxyGalaxy Prague
    As a long time lurker I usually just skip over Gustav_Grave's posts so can't say I noticed anything unusal here.
  • Ah, I forgot to mention. I must apologise - I lost my password, and was permanently logged out. I have emailed MI6 mods asking for a return, but have received no response. And with a burning desire to leap back in with complete energy into the "Spectre Speculation", I have created an additional account.

But I see nobody shares my Views on Tanner Theory. Maybe as more fans flock into the thread to speculate on the wunderful waterfall of "Spectre" news.
  • If Tanner is so under the radar to audiences, how do you expect any of them to care when he's revealed as the turncoat? I barely care about the guy and I'm Bond obsessed, so I don't know how you think "normal-folk" will have any interest or emotional investment in the big reveal.

My dear boy, there in lies the perfect gambit. Is this not a gambit on the part of Babs and Michael. Tanner starts at the least suspected person in MI6. He is background filler, a white noise. Even you can admit this. It's plain to see for all fans.

Then he begins to take more of an actor's showcase in the wunderful "Skyfall". Here we can confirm that Mendes has big plans for Tanner, even taking credit for Kinnear's casting. If Tanner was such a nobody with no future in the Bond universe, they could ensurely hire a cheaper actor than highly accoladed and lauded British actor Rory Kinnear?

Witness also Tanner bizarre and odd behaviour in the multi-Oscar winning "Skyfall". It is he who helps set up the death of Judi Dench's incarnation of M, off course he is helping get the chess pieces into place on this grand chess board. With Judi gones, in comes Mallory... a "puppet" M, maybe a puppet of Big Ernst himself?

The more I stop and consider these possibilitys and more, the more I start to consider that this is the grand plan of Babs, who is ringmaster of the Craig Era. My God, any Bond fan should keep an open mind to these potentials, no?

I did NOT create the above account :-(!! And I'm quite worried now, because that troll @Gustaf_Graves is either using my Facebook-login details or created an entire new account and stole my picture. Moreover, that troll knows my history here, so he's obviously having a grudge against me. Please moderators, track this person down and block his account.
    We've been infiltrated by MAD Agents. But no need to fear. Inspector Murdock is on the case. I'm always on duty! Go Go Gadget: Troll Flagger!
  • Uhm, friends? Now I'm concerned. I was unable to log in to my Facebook-account today, and guessed that my details were lost. But now I find there is someone using my existing accounts.
    Go Go Gadget: Insta-ban!
  • I am now worried and very nervous. This bogus impersonator is now calling for my banning. I will if so not be able to defend myself or discuss "Spectre". Please exercise caution before any flaggings, bannings or hackings of this here account. By jolly, I sense something is at play here.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    OK, I am venturing a post and hoping not for quadruple post.

This thread's title now includes title song artist - where is it? I'd love to know. Give me a page # or something, folks. Thanks. :)
  • I am now worried and very nervous. This bogus impersonator is now calling for my banning. I will if so not be able to defend myself or discuss "Spectre". Please exercise caution before any flaggings, bannings or hackings of this here account. By jolly, I sense something is at play here.

Please moderators. Do something.

• This madness has gone on long enough.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 16,333
    Ooooh I wonder if we'll see any crappy SPECTRE related MS paint drawings. :))

I do hope I'll see my evil doppelganger @Murdoch someday. ;)
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,399
    ..... i have satisfied myself that one of you is clearly guilty of trolling... MI6-HQ is a dedicated fraternity who's strength lies in the absolute integrity of it's members....

... the culprit is known to me, and i've decided on the appropriate action....

ESB_zpsc8b9159a.jpg
    Its NOT known to us, Forever. But I think, Ben said, the singer has been chosen. That's it.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11
    Very funny, @haserot. But this is a serious business and I suspect my cyber-integrity is under attack.

Has anyone stopped to consider Dave "Mr Hinx" Bautista's lovely cardigan at the key note speech. Will this be the choice of clothing of the Mr Hinx character in the upcoming Bond epoch "Spectre"? This would be a unique image, one in the annals of Bond Henchman lore with Oddjob's Hat, Jawses Teeth, and Tee Hee's mechanical hands. Soft, gentle clothing... it would be a laugh riot in the theatre to audiences to see such a fearsome, fulsome villain in softer, "preppy" clothing, no? =))
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Oh for pete's sake, this thread's title made me think otherwise. Hurrumph!
    8-| Thanks for letting me know, though, Germanlady.
    All looking very good. Am amazed Babs has held out for Monica all these years and finally gets her girl. I always felt it was a shame that she was not in TND. There are LOTS of big names in this film so I really hope they keep the focus on Bond San. Loving this talk of MR White coming back as well - a really good charCter. Would be good to see how he meets his end. Electric chair or shark tank?
  • Will we see the long awaited return of the black SPECTRE costumes? I have reason to believe that with Jany Temime on board as Costume Department, that this rich legacy will be kept alive, and that in scenes from the film towards the end, which I'm sure the latter half will take place in and around Obertilliach, Austria, we will see SPECTRE agents in black and in action. In this I am confident. We are all here in for a wunderful set of surprises in November 2015, no?