SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

chipsticks wrote: »
    Madeleine is from Marcel Proust's book À la recherche du temps perdu but a Madeleine is a French cookie btw =))

e113b0d861c25163b06b9ec4fa098707.jpg

Madeleine Swann could actually be inspired by Proust's madeleines... and his Swann novel. My idea: she represents an evocation of the past, a troubled one, etc. It is also a name with melancholic tones.

Madeleine could also be an obscure reference to Marie-Madeleine, the prostitute who cried over Christ's feet. But I would go first for the Marcel Proust reference,
  • There has been any word that Bond 25 is a tie in correct? I keep seeing all these people talk about it like its a sure thing.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 267
    Does anyone have any ideas about Bellucci's character, Lucia Sciarra? (apart from her maybe being the villain)

Also thought I'd post the full cast list from Spectre's Wikipedia page.

Daniel Craig as James Bond
    Christoph Waltz as Franz Oberhauser
    Léa Seydoux as Madeleine Swann
    Monica Bellucci as Lucia Sciarra
    Andrew Scott as Denbigh
    Dave Bautista as Mr. Hinx
    Ralph Fiennes as M
    Naomie Harris as Miss Moneypenny
    Ben Whishaw as Q
    Rory Kinnear as Bill Tanner
    Jesper Christensen as Mr. White
  • In all sincerity, RIP Kevin McClory. It is you I have to thank for the ear to ear smile that has been on my face since 6:04 A.M. EST.
    I told myself after reading these boards leading up to Skyfall that I wouldn't read them in advance of the new movie. Well, here I am and now I'm kicking myself, due to recent news of add'l characters. Off the boards I go until next November. Or will I?
    So to my Bond fan brothers & sisters across the globe....let's just say aurevoir. I have the strangest feeling I'll be seeing you again soon
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    has it been confirmed that Jesper is returning as Mr. White?... or this just speculation?
    HASEROT wrote: »
    has it been confirmed that Jesper is returning as Mr. White?... or this just speculation?

He confirmed it himself: "I am looking forward to working with Sam Mendes and Daniel Craig. It is a truly exciting script and a very capable team. So it'll be fun,” Christensen tells Euroman."

He apparently also arrived in London today to join rehearsals.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I think it would be cool if Mr. White comes to Bond, obviously scared, and is assassinated, and we find out SPECTRE is working on taking down Quantum or something like that.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden

He said so in the article. It would be very disappointing if he lied.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I think it would be cool if Mr. White comes to Bond, obviously scared, and is assassinated, and we find out SPECTRE is working on taking down Quantum or something like that.

Although I'm glad White will be back. It's strange to think that Purvis and Wade along with Forster were (from what I've heard about the QoS deleted scene) going to kill White off and he's back a whole film later with a different director behind the character's probable "new" fate.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Any way they do it, QOS is my favourite Bond film of the 21st so far- that they wish to tie up loose ends with Quantum in any way means that this will be Craig's ultimate Bond movie for ME!
    \m/
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,399

or... if SPECTRE was really the puppet master for Quantum....

i gave this a little bit of thought... the only time we've heard in QOS of the organization for which Greene works for being called Quantum was from Greene himself - what if that was false name given to Bond, to throw him off the scent of Spectre?.... or..... if Greene really thought Quantum was the big organization, but he didn't know it was a front for SPECTRE... because when the members of Quantum get outed in Opera scene in QOS, the only one who is smart enough not to move is Mr. White - so Mr. White's connections run deeper than just the facade of Quantum...

but honestly, having Mr. White return is terrific news - and my excitement level is at an all time high right now.... because they wont simply ignore what was set up in CR and QOS - those were stepping stones for this film in the same way that DN and FRWL were stepping stones for TB..... but more importantly - no more Quantum loose ends! YAY!
    because when the members of Quantum get outed in Opera scene in QOS, the only one who is smart enough not to move is Mr. White
    Dude, I can't deal, too many chills!
    :-O
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11,119
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    Does anyone have any ideas about Bellucci's character, Lucia Sciarra? (apart from her maybe being the villain)

Andrew Scott as Denbigh
    Ralph Fiennes as M
    Ben Whishaw as Q

I was just listening to her during this interview:

In all honesty? I think she looks georgeous and mysterious enough.....to be one hell of a henchwoman ;-). Don't forget that her name, "Sciarra", actually means "Troublemaker" ;-).
    AdaShelby wrote: »

Andrew Scott as Denbigh
    Ralph Fiennes as M
    Ben Whishaw as Q

I was just listening to her during this interview:

In all honesty? I think she looks georgeous and mysterious enough.....to be one hell of a henchwoman ;-).

Do we remember that Seydoux was announced as a femme fatale? I wonder what kind of Bond woman Bellucci is because she can't also be a femme fatale surely. The two Bond girls of a Bond film have always been different to each other. I'm trying to imagine what other role Bellucci could have without being a femme fatale?

Even if she was a "bad" femme fatale and Seydoux was a "good" femme fatale, they couldn't have both. Could they?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Holy crap. Just had to pop in here and share my thoughts as I've been in class all day. I woke up first thing this morning and hurried to get the news on Bond 24 before heading off, and I haven't stopped smiling like an idiot all day.

Sure, titling Bond 24 SPECTRE is putting it a bit on front street, but the synopsis supplied has me more interested that anything else. With the news that Jasper is back as Mr White, which made me soil myself with glee, I hope the message from Bond's past is Quantum related. At least we are actually going to see a return of that previous arc, and reach some kind of inevitable wrap-up to that story.

I could see either Quantum and SPECTRE battling each other for control, with SPECTRE cleaning Quantum's clock, Quantum being part of SPECTRE as others have said, or SPECTRE being the new name of Quantum after they've come back out to play, so to speak.

It will also be interesting to see how M is used, as there still seems to be a fight to prove how useful and relevant the 00 agents can be in our world. I thought a lot of that was tackled head on and proven in Skyfall already, but it still has me excited nonetheless. I guess that is one of the themes Mendes is hoping to continue from the previous film.

I just love everything about this. Andrew Scott is brilliant, and I love seeing his name involved in a Bond film. The women look great, especially Monica, who I know many on this forum have wanted as some sort of Bond girl for eons now (pun intended). Dan looks in tip top shape, Christoph freaking Waltz is in this thing and we have more reason to suspect Quantum will indeed return than ever before. Boy is it a great time to be a Bond fan!
    Bellucci is Blofeld.
    Remember I predicted that in 11 month's time. ;)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Are there other people who mabey think too that some idea's are worse then Die Another Day.
    Pajan005 wrote: »

He said so in the article. It would be very disappointing if he lied.

Don't vergot he is the man with Golden Tong..

Are there other people who must think about Dreamcather poster

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVMhufWSxxmZkQv4C2-nwLvm9VmZ18n9yDlIMy3K8o7Grow9hIfg

Very Live and Let Die

• Look closely and that SPECTRE film logo/title (which is superb) has a real shape shifting quality with all the letters put together like a puzzle. SPECTRE and QUANTUM just happen to have the same number of letters. Possible that the word Quantum is a code to protect the identity of the real organisation? Can see some old school spy code cracking and a nice reveal.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Just a test to see if I can post without duplicates ...
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,622
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Bellucci is Blofeld.
    Remember I predicted that in 11 month's time. ;)
    I'll take that bet, and raise the Oberhauser character. ;)
    We'll see in 11 months.
    Actually, I'm hoping @slyfox's source, and other sleuths can get this all sussed out in the next few months. Considering all the SF surprises were revealed ahead of time, I don't think the new SP will be able to hide its secrets either.

Spectre. I love that name.
    Now gives iconic Spectre, the same status as GF or DN, as title villainy.

==Question, what do we make of the choice of music today. WHATTITW from OHMSS plus DAF theme, I think is what was played. What are they trying to suggest?
    A possible, similarly tragic OHMSS episode, leading to DAF pts-like revenge response, all within the broader Spectre context? Hmmmm.

Is Sciarra a great love from Bond's past who has been corrupted by Spectre, as opposed to killed, but who now gets killed, leading to Bond embarking on a DAF-type revenge mission, either in film, or tee'd up for next film? Hmmmm.

• Just a test to see if I can post without duplicates ...

If you duplicate more @4EverBonded, S.P.E.C.T.R.E will hunt you down and kill you like Count Lippe :-P. Just joking hehe.

• leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    this made me laugh :)
    319443.jpg
    leas_mole wrote: »
    319443.jpg
    Now, that's a picture. They all look great there.
    This will be a Bond movie we can ALL praise, I'm sure of it.
    319443.jpg

Sadly there will never be a Bond film that everyone will praise. Very tough to please everyone. I'm ecstatic about all of the news though!
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,622
    319443.jpg

Man, do those girls look great! And this is honestly the best I've ever seen Craig looking. Maybe borrow some of Monica's hair colouring, and we are all set.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    need any more convincing? :)

tumblr_ng24emjYOQ1t26pzho2_500.png

tumblr_ng27pucFqb1u49wvgo1_1280.jpg

timmer wrote: »
    Man, do those girls look great!
    Get your mind out of the gutter, boy!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Risico007 wrote: »
    ok why is everyone assuming the PTS will kill off Quantum?

Because this is a plot point from an early draft of TSWLM.

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited December 2014 Posts: 1,756
    need any more convincing? :)

tumblr_ng24emjYOQ1t26pzho2_500.png

tumblr_ng27pucFqb1u49wvgo1_1280.jpg
    45487-Jack-nicholson-shaking-head-gi-h6Lj.gif
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2014 Posts: 28,694
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    319443.jpg

Sadly there will never be a Bond film that everyone will praise. Very tough to please everyone. I'm ecstatic about all of the news though!

I wouldn't say that, @bondbat007. After all, Matt_Helm can't live forever. >:)