SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• There are quite a few people on this forum,that make me wonder what has brought them to this franchise of fun, escapism and chauvinism in the first place.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited December 2014 Posts: 5,080
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    AceHole wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Monica in a Bond movie and not getting it on with Bond is a waste. It doesn't matter if she's 50. Any straight man will still hit that without hesitation. She doesn't have to be the leading Bond girl but she's still got more than enough sex appeal to have a love scene with Bond.

She is very good looking for her age. But she very much looks like a woman of her age. So too old for Bond girl material.

I can scarcely believe what a load of ageist, sexist tosh I'm reading on this thread !!!!!!!!!

Someone hast to break the news for you so let me do it. This forum is about James Bond, a chauvinist sexist,heavy boozer and killer. Some political correct fraction may apply somewhere else.
    Also how is it sexist to notice that she is well past behind her prime? Bond movies are known for women and girls in their prime. That's a trademark of the franchise!
    Let me also add that I don't need Facebook, Instagram or whatever to form my likings. I for myself can absolutely assure you, that the kind of woman that turned me on as a teenager still do today and with high probability will when I am an old man.
    It's called taste and as the saying goes some have it, some don't.

Come on Matt, throwing the 'politically correct' jab is such a lame old duck. Not wanting to - or not being - sexist / ageist does not automatically make someone overly P.C.

Claiming Bondgirls have to be under a certain age is just very limiting, and a bit tedious. We've done the '20-something babe shags 007' so many times already.

Far be it from me using the PC club randomly, but I feel,that notions like yours are part of that equation. Life itself is very limiting and discriminating. Before the bar was lowered you had to be tall,dark and exceptionally handsome to play James Bond, thus shutting legions of actors out per se. To get a Nobel price you have to be brilliant and to be a Bond girl you should be extreme hot. That's just how it is. Although going this direction certainly would disenfranchise the young audiences even more. There is a teenager in my house to whom Bond is an old fart and who says his girlfriend diggs Ethan Hunt a lot more,than SFs Bond,which to her is simply old. This is not a good state of affairs for the franchise.
    Also I would maintain,that - be it on the screen or in reality - the 20-something babe shags really can't been done enough.

Indirectly you've pointed out exactly why I think we should have more subtle, mature character & actresses in our Bondfilms.

Why on earth should we be panning to the under 20's-crowd though? Let Bond appeal to those of us who cannot stand yet another Tom Cruise 'M.I:' movie..!!

Also I still would insist, that Bond was, is and should be a mans fantasy and,sorry to say so, men's fantasies rarely are crowded with women on the other side of 30.

You lost me there.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Not all men ..
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    ... Not real men ! :))
  • Matt_Helm wrote: »
    There are quite a few people on this forum,that make me wonder what has brought them to this franchise of fun, escapism and chauvinism in the first place.

Name a few. And also, come up with some grounded proof that is backing up your statements. I see it all a bit differently. "M: I - 4" banked worldwide 0.690 Billion Dollar. Great number. But, "Skyfall" grossed 1.108 Billion worldwide.

Now if we use your statements for these figures, than the percentage of your age range of "0 until 25" is perhaps higher with the "M: I"-public, but the sum of all persons under this age range for "Skyfall" is most likely still larger than with "M: I - 4". Skyfall simply did......too good financially. And apparentla the youth under 25 loved the film more than the slightly more cheesy M:I film
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Baz Bamigboye just tweeted this:

"@BazBam: LaBellaDonnaForte #MONICABELLUCCI a #BOND WOMAN to be reckoned with.Check http://t.co/EHHkHbH3YC tomorrow. https://t.co/ak0bkX32Hu";
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    MrBond wrote: »

"@BazBam: LaBellaDonnaForte #MONICABELLUCCI a #BOND WOMAN to be reckoned with.Check http://t.co/EHHkHbH3YC tomorrow. https://t.co/ak0bkX32Hu";

Good!! Good!! I want Monica!!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe

You beat me to it!
    I think, its useless to argue with Helm. At some point, he will have negativated himself out of here.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 372
    Bellucci is only four years older than Craig, and people are putting her into the Ruth Gordon category. Four years... it wouldn't even be correct to call her a cougar. I'm sure Eon wouldn't cast her simply to spoil it for everybody. Besides, for those fixated on women under 30 there's still Léa Seydoux and for the rest of us, well, we just wanna see a good story. :-bd

I just find it odd that things are so tense even though they're announcing the cast and title tomorrow... shouldn't that fact alone be enough to keep everybody in a cheerful mood for a while? :D
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    I am 40 .... and Monica would be perfect for me!! Reality check!! :((
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Ya think :P ...built up frustration 8-}
    It just came to me, wasn't one of the roles talked about many moons ago a female agent with a personal history with Bond (I think it was the british one)? This could be Bellucci!
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I don't want the Moriarty guy to play a similar role here. That would be lame and, I would hope, beneath the Bond franchise. Stunt casting, predicable casting...all that shit is for fly-by-night productions (not that EON hasn't effed up over the years). I'd hope that each performer comes at this with something new and completely unexpected.

I think its a rumor, triggered because he played Moriarty.

I agree its a rumor and I also believe that Bellucci's casting is just a rumor as she has always been rumored to be in whichever the next following Bond film is. Her possible casting goes as far back as Tomorrow Never Dies, when she was supposedly up for the role of Paris Carver.

I would have applauded then.

Ok, no rumor yet about Sean Connery playing Andrew Bond in a flashback.

So Sean Connery is going to play Bond's 80 year old father in a flashback?

I have heard you can make one look younger with CGIs. Basically, Andrew Bond will look like Sean Connery in the 60s. Or something.

Anyway, it is a rumor that dates back from GE at least. And Bond's parents were supposed to have been murdered too.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2014 Posts: 13,904
    The main problem with that approach (and I say this as someone,who is neither enamoured with the MI movies - except part 3- or Cruise) that the by far largest slice of the tickets gets bought by the under 25 crowd. Also I still would insist, that Bond was, is and should be a mans fantasy and,sorry to say so, men's fantasies rarely are crowded with women on the other side of 30.

Even when I was in the under 25 age bracket, I was all for a 40-something Bond Girl. At 50, Bellucci is still a sensual beauty, so it's a case of better late then never. But I am still not interested in seeing another Bond from the current era, on the big screen, i'll wait for the DVD.
    For the record, I do think Monica Bellucci is a bit old. I do not want a lolita as a Bond girl, but 50 is too old. And she is now too famous. I prefer unknown or relatively unknown actresses as Bond girls.

All MILF and yummy mummies considerations aside, Bellucci looks like a woman of her age, however good looking for her age she still is.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 3,169

YES! For me even better news than when they cast Waltz. Finally a potiental Bond woman who I find sexy (the last one was Christina Wayborn back in the 80's).
    http://www.apnatimepass.com/monica-bellucci-hot-wallpapers-1.jpg
    Bellucci is too old only if she was cast in a usual Bond girl role. It's safe to say they were looking for a more mature actress in the first place. I'm really hoping she will play the main villain!
  • Matt_Helm wrote: »
    There are quite a few people on this forum,that make me wonder what has brought them to this franchise of fun, escapism and chauvinism in the first place.

Name a few. And also, come up with some grounded proof that is backing up your statements. I see it all a bit differently. "M: I - 4" banked worldwide 0.690 Billion Dollar. Great number. But, "Skyfall" grossed 1.108 Billion worldwide.

Now if we use your statements for these figures, than the percentage of your age range of "0 until 25" is perhaps higher with the "M: I"-public, but the sum of all persons under this age range for "Skyfall" is most likely still larger than with "M: I - 4". Skyfall simply did......too good financially. And apparentla the youth under 25 loved the film more than the slightly more cheesy M:I film

Again,many of you might be convinced that it was Mendes' genius that made Skyfall such a financial success. But I still would maintain that just about every bond movie in which M dies and Bond cries would have brought quite some extra audience to the cinema (my girlfriend's secretary is well over 50 and it was the first bond movie for her since the 80s. Motive? "I wanted to see big macho guy Bond crying") Ad to this the allure of the 50s anniversary movie plus the Queen parachuting with Bond, while watched by a few billion people and you have a recipe for financial success. It is just that easy!
    Bellucci is too old only if she was cast in a usual Bond girl role. It's safe to say they were looking for a more mature actress in the first place. I'm really hoping she will play the main villain!

A Rosa Klebb/Irma Bunt type? If they can make her look ugly of course.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'd guess that Bellucci will play a government official like Clair Dowar from Skyfall.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619

No, a powerful evil criminal type. A leader.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 512

maybe Bond 24 will be a remake of On Her Majesty's Secret Service :-D
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    JWPepper wrote: »

maybe Bond 24 will be a remake of On Her Majesty's Secret Service :-D

OHMSS doesn't need to be remade. No Bond film does. ~X(
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I am 40 .... and Monica would be perfect for me!! Reality check!! :((

I'm 29 and Monica would be perfect for me. Heck, she's 2 years older than my mother.

• For the first time I hope Baz is wrong...
    Did anyone read my comment back there? It was rumoured, back when they were looking for one Skandinavian and one British Bond girl) that the British (I think, not sure) was a female agent with a personal history with Bond. To me that makes a lot of sense now that we hear about Bellucci's casting, she could be an agent who had an affair with Bond in the past, they simply changed her nationality like they did when they cast Léa Seydoux!

No, a powerful evil criminal type. A leader.

Klebb was powerful and in a position of leadership.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Sandy wrote: »
    Did anyone read my comment back there? It was rumoured, back when they were looking for one Skandinavian and one British Bond girl) that the British (I think, not sure) was a female agent with a personal history with Bond. To me that makes a lot of sense now that we hear about Bellucci's casting, she could be an agent who had an affair with Bond in the past, they simply changed her nationality like they did when they cast Léa Seydoux!

Perhaps the woman whom Bond lost his virginity to in France when he was 16? :P