Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• edited November 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Season 3 one of my favourite, think it started to veer away from teen drama as early as season 2 which I rewatched a few months ago. Season 2 started to explore the myth more, Skinwalkers was very good (think that's the episode title, it was the Numan episode with the gorgeous Tamara Feldman as Kyla.

Season 4 dropped the ball a bit, felt the aspect of the show that let it down at times was the drawn out Lana/Clark arcs. Lois was probably in the background one or two seasons too many.

Lionel was the Gul Dukat of Smallville lol his character arc was insane. Glad he came back for season 10.
    Yeah but I liked the storyline with the elements .
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    Lana just seemed to be possessed alot. Seeing the fortress in season 5 gave the show a welcome boost, 5 started off well though after Reckoning meandered. Though felt most seasons had strong starts and the quality dropped off, certainly season 6. After Justice felt a bit flat.
  • Must admit I skipped watching season 4 recently, episode with Impulse is good. Trying to remember Victor Stones first appearance?
    Lana just seemed to be possessed alot. Seeing the fortress in season 5 gave the show a welcome boost, 5 started off well though after Reckoning meandered. Though felt most seasons had strong starts and the quality dropped off, certainly season 6. After Justice felt a bit flat.

Yes I agree my favorite episodes in from whole smallville are Absolute Justice from season 9 and Finale (season 10) but I wish he started wearing glasses a bit sooner it wasn't very convincing.

Yes I agree my favorite episodes in from whole smallville are Absolute Justice from season 9 and Finale (season 10) but I wish he started wearing glasses a bit sooner it wasn't very convincing.

Totally! Wish Geoff Johns had written more for the show, Absolute justice was very good. Legion was the high point of season 8 for me. Was hoping after the show ended they may have made TV movies, I never read season 11 comics.

Think they tried to shoehorn Clark becoming the Clark we know at the planet in too short a time. Though season 9 probably would have been the wrong season to introduce those elements because of where the character was.

Totally! Wish Geoff Johns had written more for the show, Absolute justice was very good. Legion was the high point of season 8 for me. Was hoping after the show ended they may have made TV movies, I never read season 11 comics.

Think they tried to shoehorn Clark becoming the Clark we know at the planet in too short a time. Though season 9 probably would have been the wrong season to introduce those elements because of where the character was.

I read a couple of issues od season 11 and we can finally have Batman in Smallville.
  • Dalton12 wrote: »

I read a couple of issues od season 11 and we can finally have Batman in Smallville.

Looked on Amazon some time ago, may get the digital copies of season 11. That rerminds me I have e few episodes of Gotham to watch as well as recent episode of Agents of Shield.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Doomsday/Bloomsday arc.

I'm not the only one who calls him Bloomsday?! YES!

So, is the Season 11 comic any good? I've been considering getting the physical releases, but I wanted the opinion of somebody who's actually read it, as opposed to a lot of the crappy internet fans who just tell me to buy it because it's more Smallville.
  • Doomsday/Bloomsday arc.

I try to block most of season 8 from my memory, the writing was horrible

:-S
    Doomsday/Bloomsday arc.

So, is the Season 11 comic any good? I've been considering getting the physical releases, but I wanted the opinion of somebody who's actually read it, as opposed to a lot of the crappy internet fans who just tell me to buy it because it's more Smallville.

I enjoyed It.
    I am pretty happy with what we're seeing in Smallville Season 11. After 10 years of finding ways to stall Clark getting into the suit (season 10 being the most frustrating), it's nice to see Clark finally where he's supposed to be. Even though it's not a live action tv show, we as readers can clearly see that Clark is genuinely happy being Superman. He's in the light, shaking hands, and letting people see his face. He's much more confident and at peace with himself.

Like I said, I love how Bryan Q. Miller is writing Lex. He's a devilishly genius stratagist, which is a perfect opponent for a man who can get over-confident with his powers. Lex knows he can't physically hurt Superman, but he can keep him on the tips of his toes and he can make life EXTREMELY difficult for him.

I also like how they have been able to include Tess Mercer into the story.
    It's Superman the way that we'd all wanted to see him in the 10 years that Smallville was on the air. It's great that they've maintained the look and feel of the series in comic book form while also progressing it to a genuine Superman title. The writing is great and does a very good job at creating the tv season/episode feel. Each new episode of the comic actually feels like a new episode of the tv show, so it really is great in that respect. The art is beautiful, and creates spot-on references to the show. From the Daily Planet to the SAME CITY STREET that was used in every episode of season 9 and 10, to Lex Corp Tower, everything looks like it did in the television series. I would say that if you watched the show when it was on tv and like it, then start reading it.

I would definitely give it a 4.5 out of 5 as well. The only big complaint I have is that the characters don't look more like the actors that played them (maybe to avoid paying them likeness rights)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Elfman's theme is the definitive Batman music. But I prefer the version used in TAS that's Batman as far as I'm concerned Shirley Walker's theme from the animated series which is one of the greatest scores for a television program.
    Ben Affleck Filmed Smallville Cemetery Scene For BATMAN v SUPERMAN
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=110502
    interesting
    BATMAN v SUPERMAN: 'The Daily Planet' Returns In Chicago; Is "Jim" Gordon In The Movie?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=110669
    Henry Cavill Suited Up As The Man Of Steel In New BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DOJ Set Pics
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=110730

Jared Leto Is Eyeing 'The Joker' Role In SUICIDE SQUAD!
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=110728
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Let is a fantastic actor and I'm sure he could do amazing things with the role. HOWEVER, you know who would really do an awesome job as joker? Who would bring all sorts of brilliant crazy? Michael Pitt. Just watch him in Hannibal the TV show.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Let is a fantastic actor and I'm sure he could do amazing things with the role. HOWEVER, you know who would really do an awesome job as joker? Who would bring all sorts of brilliant crazy? Michael Pitt. Just watch him in Hannibal the TV show.

Yes I agree Michael Pitt was also my choice.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    http://www.movieweb.com/batman-v-superman-jena-malone-kahina

I have never heard of that character, but if Jena is still attached to the film, i'm still interested.
    BATMAN V SUPERMAN New Set Photos

QZqfrMP.jpg

CQ9DHb9.jpg

KfDKQmy.jpg

dbQktTV.jpg
    3yp5IGw.jpg

Ral0YYi.jpg

vXtfxpV.jpg
    Supposedly WB Has Offered WONDER WOMAN To A Female Director!
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=110774
    3yp5IGw.jpg

Superman are you using your xray vision on the girls locker room again??

:D I'm glad they lightened up the colors!
    3yp5IGw.jpg

Superman are you using your xray vision on the girls locker room again??

giphy.gif

:D I'm glad they lightened up the colors!

Ben Affleck Reveals Batman's 'Character Flaw', Says He Shares the Same

According to The Daily Mirror, Ben Affleck says that, in an interview with The Sunday Times, he shares a certain character flaw with Bruce Wayne - rage.

"I think it’s a necessity, historically, in the tradition of these films."

"For me, anger is so deeply buried and contained that when it does kind of come out, it comes out in stronger bursts. I tend to be respectful, polite, get along, put up with, put up with, put up with… then when it emerges, it’s not something I have a ton of control over. I’m not gonna do a Wolverine berserk rage, but I do have a, I do…"
    CQ9DHb9.jpg
    With the hair, and especially when he smiles, I'm detecting a real 'George Reeves' quality coming from Supes.
    Ben Affleck Reveals Batman's 'Character Flaw'
    Pissed off Batman- Can't wait to see that! You know, now that I think about it, have we really seen Batman completely lose it on film? He does it often in the comics.

• edited November 2014 Posts: 1,107
    CQ9DHb9.jpg
    With the hair, and especially when he smiles, I'm detecting a real 'George Reeves' quality coming from Supes.
    Pissed off Batman- Can't wait to see that! You know, now that I think about it, have we really seen Batman completely lose it on film? He does it often in the comics.

I think Batman/Joker interrogation scene in The Dark Knight is when Batman gets nuts.

giphy.gif
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    CQ9DHb9.jpg

I think Batman/Joker interrogation scene in The Dark Knight is when Batman gets nuts.

Interesting to hear you word it that way...