Dragonpol's "Strange and Bizarre" Mysterious World Thread

DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
edited January 2023 in General Discussion Posts: 17,727
Cemetery.jpg

This thread basically does what it says on the tin. This is the thread for all "out there" strange and bizarre stuff that exists here on Planet Earth and further afield - ghosts, UFOs, elves, fairies, leprechauns, spirits, time travel, aliens, hooded men with lanterns in fields at night, the Real Men in Black, phantom death coaches, poltergeists, banshees, strange clouds, time slips, crazy or credible conspiracy theories, alternative religions, unexplained phenomena, cults and sects, Voodoo and black magic, the Occult, Seances, Ouija Boards, the Bilderberg Group, the Masonic Order, secret societies, the Skulls and Bones, the Hollow Earth Theory and just general bizarre stuff...it all belongs here in this thread! Let's get a discussion going. There are Bond links here of course - you only need to look at the Black Magic and Voodoo ceremony elements in Ian Fleming's Live and Let Die and in the film version of the same name!

I'll start the ball rolling with what I found out only just this week about the American elites who visit the Bohemian Grove and in California in the United States where they take part in a freaky ceremony called the Cremation of Care. You can read more about it on the net, but here are some excellent YouTube videos that have recorded footage of what goes on at these ceremonies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5dHhvpHIjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lo3l1wa2jI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvY7thwBVu4

This thread is just like "Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World"...erm...only it's by me. :)

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    This from @Thunderfinger seems appropriate for this thread:

http://www.crystalinks.com/haunebunaziufos1936.html
    I saw a Ufo it was a big flying saucer and i didn't imagine my father was with back then we both saw the same thing . I don't talk about it much people would think that I'm crazy .
    edited November 2014 Posts: 17,727
    I don't think anyone will think you are crazy - that's not what this thread is for. It's meant to be open-minded.

Can you tell us more about your UFO sighting, @Dalton12?
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I don't think anyone will think you are crazy - that's not what this thread is for. It's meant to be open-minded.

Not much to tell actually it was late at night two years ago we were watching at the sky then suddenly it appeared it was like a circle in the middle were three bright little circles there were like windows or something like that my father was really scared I wasn't for no apparent reason then suddenly it disappeared just like that it was like teleport or something really strange .
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Not much to tell actually it was late at night two years ago we were watching at the sky then suddenly it appeared it was like a circle in the middle were three bright little circles there were like windows or something like that my father was really scared I wasn't for no apparent reason then suddenly it disappeared just like that it was like teleport or something really strange .

OK, thank you for elaborating. My late father saw a strange cigar-shaped cloud once that folded in on itself and then disappeared.
    I couldn't help myself but I got to use the famous Mulder quote from X-Files "The Truth Is Out There" :D
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 23,448
    I saw a Ufo it was a big flying saucer and i didn't imagine my father was with back then we both saw the same thing . I don't talk about it much people would think that I'm crazy .

Correct, @Dalton12. UFO's are real, technically speaking, because every time we spot something in the sky that we can't identify, we have ourselves a UFO. Of course this very thing is not an alien ship of some sorts. It's probably just a meteor or a funny reflection or refraction of light or something military, man-made of course.

The UFO craze from the 50s still hasn't gone away and it saddens me that this is the case.

Aliens aren't spying on us, folks. In fact, they haven't even reached us. You can't just travel the vast distances of the cosmos as if it's a boat trip that just happens to take a little more time. Light is the fastest 'thing' in the universe and some stars are so far away that their light takes millions of years to reach us. Even if some alien civilisation would be sufficiently advanced to build ships that can support many generations of them while floating in space, remember that life takes aeons to evolve and the universe might simply not be old enough yet for one such technologically advanced life form to have been born, evolved, left its home planet and crossed the vast distances of space to reach us, a fairly inconspicuous little planet in a pretty average solar system some 30 000 light years from the centre of our fairly average galaxy.

Furthermore, isn't it coincidental that the first mass-hysteria concerning reports of UFO sightings and alien abductions and such came when science fiction films involving aliens blossomed in Hollywood? H.P. Lovecraft and H.G. Wells had mentioned aliens many decades before, yet somehow the lack of alien invasion films also blinded people from spotting UFO's. Another strange fact is that most of the reports come from the USA. Either the rest of us never watch the skies or aliens feel that Americans are an easier target for spying and physical examinations.

Another curious fact would be that these aliens, so incredibly advanced that they can simply fly through space and escape the attention of our satellites, must actually perform recon missions in our skies. Surely such a clever species would be able to spy on us from a safe distance. I mean, if we can build telescopes that can give us pretty detailed images of, say, the lunar surface, then by all means aliens that are many orders of magnitude cleverer than we are can at least pull a similar if not an even more spectacular trick! Same thing with abductions. Beings that can outsmart Einstein's laws of relativity and overcome ALL of the technical obstacles involved in space travel no doubt need little more than a single human cell to analyse us completely and understand us better than we understand ourselves. That they would have to make constant surveys of our planet and abduct one human after the other to then perform brutal experiments on us, as seen in the movies, is paradoxical to the level of scientific and technological brilliance that brought them here.

I'm not saying UFO sightings make no sense. Again, anything that can be observed as moving in the sky but not immediately understood, is technically a UFO. Several perfectly natural phenomena, at least initially, qualify as such. But aliens spying on us is highly unlikely and in fact as good as impossible. Aliens abducting us for the sake of probing our genitals with barbaric instruments, is total lunacy. But mass-hysteria is fun, I guess. Whatever keeps the people happy, right?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    This probably doesn't apply to this thread, but after my father's unfortunate passing, I've seen him in my dreams. I've even interacted with him. Not too long ago I experienced my first REM sleep where it felt like reality and for a brief moment I actually thought he wasn't gone. I've come to open my mind to spirituality and do believe that spirits exist. It also makes me feel good knowing that even though he's not here physically anymore, He's still here spiritually.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Correct, @Dalton12. UFO's are real, technically speaking, because every time we spot something in the sky that we can't identify, we have ourselves a UFO. Of course this very thing is not an alien ship of some sorts. It's probably just a meteor or a funny reflection or refraction of light or something military, man-made of course.

The UFO craze from the 50s still hasn't gone away and it saddens me that this is the case.

Aliens aren't spying on us, folks. In fact, they haven't even reached us. You can't just travel the vast distances of the cosmos as if it's a boat trip that just happens to take a little more time. Light is the fastest 'thing' in the universe and some stars are so far away that their light takes millions of years to reach us. Even if some alien civilisation would be sufficiently advanced to build ships that can support many generations of them while floating in space, remember that life takes aeons to evolve and the universe might simply not be old enough yet for one such technologically advanced life form to have been born, evolved, left its home planet and crossed the vast distances of space to reach us, a fairly inconspicuous little planet in a pretty average solar system some 30 000 light years from the centre of our fairly average galaxy.

Furthermore, isn't it coincidental that the first mass-hysteria concerning reports of UFO sightings and alien abductions and such came when science fiction films involving aliens blossomed in Hollywood? H.P. Lovecraft and H.G. Wells had mentioned aliens many decades before, yet somehow the lack of alien invasion films also blinded people from spotting UFO's. Another strange fact is that most of the reports come from the USA. Either the rest of us never watch the skies or aliens feel that Americans are an easier target for spying and physical examinations.

Another curious fact would be that these aliens, so incredibly advanced that they can simply fly through space and escape the attention of our satellites, must actually perform recon missions in our skies. Surely such a clever species would be able to spy on us from a safe distance. I mean, if we can build telescopes that can give us pretty detailed images of, say, the lunar surface, then by all means aliens that are many orders of magnitude cleverer than we are can at least pull a similar if not an even more spectacular trick! Same thing with abductions. Beings that can outsmart Einstein's laws of relativity and overcome ALL of the technical obstacles involved in space travel no doubt need little more than a single human cell to analyse us completely and understand us better than we understand ourselves. That they would have to make constant surveys of our planet and abduct one human after the other to then perform brutal experiments on us, as seen in the movies, is paradoxical to the level of scientific and technological brilliance that brought them here.

I'm not saying UFO sightings make no sense. Again, anything that can be observed as moving in the sky but not immediately understood, is technically a UFO. Several perfectly natural phenomena, at least initially, qualify as such. But aliens spying on us is highly unlikely and in fact as good as impossible. Aliens abducting us for the sake of probing our genitals with barbaric instruments, is total lunacy. But mass-hysteria is fun, I guess. Whatever keeps the people happy, right?

Can't argue with any of this really. But despite all this I feel some form of alien life must exist simply due to the mathematical probability.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Murdock wrote: »
    This probably doesn't apply to this thread, but after my father's unfortunate passing, I've seen him in my dreams. I've even interacted with him. Not too long ago I experienced my first REM sleep where it felt like reality and for a brief moment I actually thought he wasn't gone. I've come to open my mind to spirituality and do believe that spirits exist. It also makes me feel good knowing that even though he's not here physically anymore, He's still here spiritually.

You are not alone in believing that a person's spirit or soul lives on, @Murdock. For me, that comes from my Christian faith point of view.
    Murdock wrote: »

I had a same thing but with my grandfather who passed not so long ago . I couldn't believe how real those dreams were.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 7,500
    I think we'll have to face the fact that Earth is a very unique planet, which seemed almost specificely designed for living creatures. If a similar planet exists elsewhere, its most likely millions of lightyears away (and take a minut to think about just how far that is!! #:-S), and if, by chance, there were living creatures there, they would most probably be far less developed as a species than us. (The thought that very simplistic organisms and cells might exist out there is not that far off though). And even if such sophisticated creatures did exist in other solar systems, all science up to this point suggests that to build transport systems to travel those distances is physically and scientifically impossible. The best thing we can hope for is that one of our spaceships, floating aimlessly in space for hundreds or thousands, maybe millions, of years, one day might be picked up by one of these lifeforms. Which is higly improbable... The chances of any interaction with those lifeforms or UFOs in our solar system, is basically zero...

But please keep on believing. Myths and imagination rarely does any harm. But please don't let these thoughts lead you into madness, as it has done for a few unfortunate people...
    edited November 2014 Posts: 23,448
    @TheWizardOfIce, I too am quite confident that aliens exist. In fact, I'm fairly confident that bacterial ET exists in our very own solar system. Our own Milky Way galaxy contains over 200 billion stars. The observable universe contains hundreds of billions of galaxies. Like you said, the mathematical probability that somewhere, out there, a technologically advanced civilisation, like ours of even more advanced than ours, exists, is very high. But will they ever reach us? I sincerely doubt that.

And what if? We have been making our presence in the universe known since the first radio broadcast that allowed meaningful messages to leak into space. Naturally these messages are carried on radio/microwaves, so they cannot travel faster than 300 000 km/s. Given the vast distances between us, here, and another civilisation that might in time learn about electromagnetism, these messages may take thousands of years to reach that civilisation. If they decide to reply, or more spectacular still, to pay us a visit, by the time they get here, if they ever get here, Earth might have already become a barren planet.

Some believe that any civilisation that discovers nuclear power, which is the logical next step after discovering the laws of electromagnetism, faces a true challenge: will it use that nuclear power for peaceful purposes only, or will it make the same stupid mistake our brave politicians made - twice! - in the 1940s? The more we learn about the fundamental build-up of the cosmos, the more we deal with increasingly high supplies of energy. Should we ever manage to construct matter-antimatter engines, we could venture out into space with a bigger chance of surviving for a very long time, however we'd also posses a source of power that could literally destroy our planet in no time. I fear that as long as we persist in staying chopped up as many peoples with our own cultural, religious, political, social, ... prides, we are too unstable a population to handle such powers. Switch on the television, see what's happening in Syria, and ask yourself: are we mature enough to use eccentric power sources only for the sake of our future? Better still: the US government refuses to pump money into scientific research that's only a fraction of what the maintenance for one aircraft carrier costs. In other words, we rather finance the destruction of people than its future. But I digress. What I want to point out is that according to some, it takes more than a few extra centuries of scientific progress to become smart enough for space travel. And if we still struggle with our silly little differences, could not the same issue prevent other civilisations out there too from exploring space?

@jobo, Correct, sir! :-) Well put.

• edited November 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Interesting topic. This my dear forummembers is the object in our solar system that interests me most:

03-Europa-NASA-JPL-Stryk-Cassini.jpg
    ur5296ff28.jpg
    europa_tstryk.jpg
    europapatches.jpg
    PIA18428-640x350.jpg
    mag_cover_v02.jpg
    Taste_of_the_Ocean_on_Europa's_Surface.jpg
    europa-e1375909408757.jpg

I wonder if we'll ever find what's going on beneath that surface.... It's so full of wonders. It's also my favourite moon of the solar system. The rusty-reddish streaks combined with the blue-ish glows on the horizons.
    The Jovian moon Europa, @Gustav_Graves? This one has been speculated to have a good chance of holding some aquatic life forms.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 11,119
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    The Jovian moon Europa, @Gustav_Graves? This one has been speculated to have a good chance of holding some aquatic life forms.

Ooowh yes, and the latest discoveries (2014) prove us that Europa has got plate tectonics. It's an important discovery, because this makes the upper, stone-hard ice crust always in direct connection with the softer layers and the actual liquid ocean down below.
    And now Kattenhorn and his co-author, Louise Prockter, of Johns Hopkins, seem to have found evidence that Europa gets rid of its excess crust via subduction as well. One clue: they looked at surface ice features on Europa that have been scrambled by repeated cracking and shuffling, then manipulated the imagery to move the pieces around and reassemble them as they must have been when they were intact. Some of the puzzle pieces, they discovered, had clearly disappeared. “We looked at an area about the size of Louisiana,” says Kattenhorn, “and there was a missing piece the size of Massachusetts.”

Another telltale sign: along the boundaries where the scientists think some of the crust plunged back under the adjoining ice, there was evidence of “cryolava”—that is, partially melted, slushy ice—on one side of the divide but not the other. That’s similar to what happens on Earth, where volcanoes happen on one side of a subduction boundary but not the other.

Moreover, the gravitational pull of Europa by its parent planet Jupiter always create internal heat sources. And this tiny moon has more water than our entire water supply (oceans, seas, lakes, rivers) on Earth.

The person/nation who discovers life on this moon, will go down in the history books as another "Man who did a tremendous giant leap for mankind".

europa-moon-of-jupiter-130801c-02.jpg?1375382257

Although I think we will first discover microbial life on Mars. And this article could be the stepping stone towards discovering Martian bacteria:
    http://www.space.com/26424-mars-salt-turns-ice-water-video.html

Basically it says that, even Mars has a too low pressure for water to stay liquid, it does/can stay liquid when enough sulfates (salts) are mixed with the ice. Thus creating liquid droplets during certain hours of the day.

This fact is very important, because discovering E.T., in the form of Martian bacteria, could be a groundbreaking "Giant Leap for Mankind".

Just to make you more excited, NASA has finished building the Orion rocket/spacecraft. And it's set for its first test flight upcoming December 4th:
    https://blogs.nasa.gov/orion/2014/10/30/nasas-orion-spacecraft-complete/

During the 4.5-hour flight, called Exploration Flight Test-1, Orion will travel farther than any crewed spacecraft has gone in more than 40 years, before returning to Earth at speeds near 20,000 mph and generating temperatures up to 4,000 degrees Fahrenheit.

The Orion will be the template for future interstellar travels. Starting with an attempt to capture an asteroid and put it in an orbit around our Moon. Then later, it must be the prime means of a travel to Mars around 2030.
    NASA%E2%80%99s-Orion-Spacecraft-5.gif
    1000068_563051473737470_470614164_n.jpg
    176612main_jsc2007e20981_hires.jpg
    Thanks for the info, @Gustav_Graves! :-) Imagine we could actually detect life on Europa. That would hopefully shut a few nutcases up. Only life on Earth 'by design', Earth is special, Earth is flat, ... yeah yeah, whatever.
  • DarthDimi wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, @Gustav_Graves! :-) Imagine we could actually detect life on Europa. That would hopefully shut a few nutcases up. Only life on Earth 'by design', Earth is special, Earth is flat, ... yeah yeah, whatever.

My personal agenda until I die (I hope I'll be alive until around 2076. I am 33 now ;-)) MUST feature the first landing of a human being on Mars. I really believe that'll be one of the prime events in my lifetime. And the chance is fairly big that we'll be alive to see it.

I sometimes hear my dad talking about the landing on the Moon. I've never experienced it. And I think it's about time NASA marvel's us again with something big. Current discoveries, like the ones I just mentioned, barely make the headlines of today's news.

We therefore desperately need a Mars landing withing the next 20 years. Only then further discoveries, like the ones from Jupiter's moon Europa and Saturn's moon Titan get way more screentime. Just look what the Moon landing did to both science and real-life television. It truly generated legacy and a grown interest into science and education. Kids suddenly put paper moons above their beds. Kids wanted to have a poster of Erath solely "hanging" in space.

And I kind of feel it today with movies as well again. There's this unspoken drive for exploration that NASA currently is barely channeling. For marvel's of our outer space we solely depend on directors like Alfonso Cuarón ("Gravity"), Robert Zemeckis ("Contact"), Joseph Kosinski ("Oblivion") and Christopher Nolan ("Interstellar", premieres next week).

Even next year's final arrival of the NASA's New Horizon's space probe to dwarf planet Pluto and it's moon Charon ( http://pluto.jhuapl.edu/overview/ScienceShorts.php?page=ScienceShorts_09_11_2014 ) would generate way more publicity if it was preceded by a Mars landing of human astronauts a couple years earlier.....
    UFOs: Rosetta mission comet 'is ALIEN craft attempting to make contact with humans'
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/ufos-rosetta-mission-comet-is-4628568
    Courtesy of the member AlphaOmegaSin on AJB007 Forums, The Max Headroom Incident of 1987:

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Weird ! :))
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Weird ! :))

That's one word for it - though some folks here might enjoy it! It fits into the "strange and bizarre" category perfectly!
    Spaceships of the Bible:

Someone thinks they have found who was behind The Max Headroom Incident of 1987:

http://www.reddit.com/comments/eeb6e/i_believe_i_know_who_was_behind_the_max_headroom/
    The Cooper Family Falling Body Photo:

cooperfam-lrg.jpg

http://hoaxes.org/weblog/comments/falling_body_photo
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 11,119
    2015 will be a very exciting year for space exploration also ;-). There are two NASA missions that really grab my attention:

--> The "Dawn" space probe: Which will explore dwarf planet "Ceres", which is orbiting between the circular orbits of planet Mars and planet Jupiter, in the Asteroid Belt.
    The official mission site: http://dawn.jpl.nasa.gov/
    --> The "New Horizons" space probe: Which will explore dwarf planet "Pluto" and its moons. It has been demoted in 2006 to "dwarf planet" status.
    The official mission website: http://pluto.jhuapl.edu/

solar-system.jpg

This is the best known image of Ceres, made by the Hubble telescope:
    Ceres_optimized.jpg

As you can see, Ceres is the only real "round" object in the Asteroid Belt (between Mars and Jupiter). Ceres has a diameter of 960 km (give or take a few km's if you measure it from pole to pole or from the equator). It was considered to be the first known asteroid, but has now been fully promoted to "dwarf planet". Ceres has a similar reddish color as compared to Mars. You can find the general stats about Ceres here: http://space-facts.com/ceres/

Pluto however, as you all know by now, has been demoted from "planet" to "dwarf planet". This is the best image we have so far:
    pluto.png

It has a diameter of 2,368 km (give or take 20 km's if you measure it from pole to pole or from the equator) and is located near the Kuiper Belt. Also Pluto appears to be a bit reddish in color. Just to be sure: "A planet is a celestial body that (a) is in orbit around the Sun, (b) has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape, and (c) has cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit.". Some facts about Pluto you can find here: http://space-facts.com/pluto/

Both Pluto and Ceres are, according to the new IAU definition (2006) not a full "planet", but a "dwarf planet".

Upcoming three months we can expect the best known detailed pictures from both Ceres and Pluto. That will be very exciting no ;-)?

edited January 2015 Posts: 17,727
    Another Broadcast Interruption:

Alien Warning Message Live on TV in UK-"We Come to Warn you About your Race and your Planet":