So you want to start a new Elimination game?

Comments

• edited October 2014 Posts: 7,500
    Main Titles - I
    Allies - II
    Main Posters - I
    Best Finales - II
    Secondary Bond Girl - III
    Bond Decades - II

I'm for main titles, set designs or secondary Bond girls.

Obviously, if you want a vote registered, you have to make up your mind and choose one option. You don't get three votes! ;)
    I vote best finales
    The Title Song game is now finished. And we have a tie:

Main Titles - I
    Allies - II
    Main Posters - I
    Best Finales - III
    Secondary Bond Girl - III

Bond Decades - II

Any more votes so we can reach a decision?
  • jobo wrote: »
    I'm for main titles, set designs or secondary Bond girls.

Obviously, if you want a vote registered, you have to make up your mind and choose one option. You don't get three votes! ;)

Fair enough. ;)

I'll vote for secondary Bond girls.
  • I vote for allies because that goes with henchmen...
    I too vote for allies
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I too will vote for Allies. I don't want to do another Bond girl elimination game this early. Let's have some variety.
  • Here's where we stand:

Main Titles - 1
    Allies - 5
    Main Posters - 1
    Best Finales - 3
    Secondary Bond Girl - 4
    Bond Decades - 2
    edited October 2014 Posts: 16,333
    Here would be my Allie list. Change at your leisure.

1. Quarrel
    2. Kerim Bey
    3. Felix Leiter
    4. Paula
    5. Tiger Tanaka
    6. Marc Ange Draco
    7. Willard Whyte
    8. Quarrel Jr.
    9. Lt. Hip
    10. Captain Carter
    11. Manuela
    12. Columbo
    13. Vejay
    14. Sir Godfrey Tibbett
    15. Saunders
    16. Sharky
    17. Jack Wade
    18. Charles Robinson
    19. Valentin Zukovsky
    20. Raoul
    21. Rene Mathis
    22. Bill Tanner
    23. Eve Moneypenny
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    edited October 2014 Posts: 3,348
    I think LALD (8) needs to be Quarrel Jr. LTK should be Sharkey. MR in my opinion should be Manuela as she was a planted ally whereas Dufor was seduced by Moore.

I like Chuck Lee but for me AVTAK should be Sir Godfrey Tibbett.

Is one per movie the rule? Luigi is a decent enough ally but might get left off at the expense of Colombo.

I'm fine with leaving Leiter in as he is the definition of a bond ally. That being said since he appears so frequently we could add Tilly Masterson for GF.

Just ideas. I'm fine with whatever is decided :)
    Changed accordingly.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    OHMSS, why not Draco?
    I changed the list accordingly. A lot of characters have slipped my mind since It's been ages since I last watched a Bond film. I've been on bit of a burnout.
    Having Tanner as the ally in QoS seems very odd to me. I think Leiter (Wright) and Mathis should be considered allies of CR and QoS. Which of them you choose for which film is a matter of taste though. Maybe it makes more sense having Leiter in CR and Mathis in QoS? In CR Mathis is initially set up to be a traitor, and his role as ally is maybe more prominent in Quantum, with a heavy death scene and all that...?
    I opted to use Felix once as I didn't want to have repeats anyone, but this isn't meant to be seen as a definitive list. I just made it for whoever wanted to host the next elimination game. In the end, It's up to the host.
  • I suggest Felix be listed once to represent all of the actors who have played him. Might overstuff the list to have Felix (Jack Lord), Felix (Rik Van Nutter), Felix (Richard Burton), Felix (David Hedison), etc.
    I suggest Felix be listed once to represent all of the actors who have played him. Might overstuff the list to have Felix (Jack Lord), Felix (Rik Van Nutter), Felix (Richard Burton), Felix (David Hedison), etc.

I don't see the problem with that myself… Its only fair to judge different interpretations of the character. On the other hand it seems very unfair to include a character with so limited screen time as Tanner among all the other allies. Especially when Quantum has at least one, if not two excellent and far stronger allies not included in the list…
    So, will this Allies Game include Felix? It seems to me that he should have his own game. Seven official Felixs (and two of them have appeared twice) and two unofficial (I'd include them if and when we do the Felix Game).

So what if we later do 'Felix Leiter game'. That doesn't mean we can't include several versions of the character in other games. With this logic we can't have a 'Feme Fatale game' later either, since Klebb, Volpe, Xenia, Mayday and Electra have already been included in other games.

I don't get why we have to make this so complicated. Why not just choose the most suitable candidate from each film and leave it at that?
  • I think Felix should be left out of the ally game, since there's no way to really do him justice. Either you're going to leave out a bunch of Felixes, or you're going to come up with a non-representative Felix amalgam that's still probably going to win the whole game. In his place, we should just put Tilly for GF.
    Can I suggest if we do +1/-2 that we start with somewhere between 30-50 points.

With the Henchmen game we started with 20 points each for 460 total points and are down to 191 points through 12 days. Meaning we can expect the game to last another 8-9 days. My personal opinion, I'd like these games to take longer than 3 weeks as we will run through ideas too quickly and be exhausted out of ideas before Bond 24 is released.

Can I suggest if we do +1/-2 that we start with somewhere between 30-50 points.

With the Henchmen game we started with 20 points each for 460 total points and are down to 191 points through 12 days. Meaning we can expect the game to last another 8-9 days. My personal opinion, I'd like these games to take longer than 3 weeks as we will run through ideas too quickly and be exhausted out of ideas before Bond 24 is released.

I completely agree. These games should last for a while.

How is the new game shaping up btw? Is @StirredNotShaken to organize it? Has he been informed/got the 'go ahead'? I'm not impatient, but it would be nice with some information as to what's going on. ;)
  • Main titles, allies or finales. Anything but secondary Bond girl. :(
    Elimination game for the next elimination game!! :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Main titles, allies or finales. Anything but secondary Bond girl. :(

You have to choose one if your vote is to count.
  • Main titles, allies or finales. Anything but secondary Bond girl. :(

You have to choose one if your vote is to count.

Allies
    @Birdleson The 60's has won before the game has even begun =)
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Any confirmation on this?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So, will this Allies Game include Felix? It seems to me that he should have his own game. Seven official Felixs (and two of them have appeared twice) and two unofficial (I'd include them if and when we do the Felix Game).

Please skip Leiter if this is next, and let him have his own elimination game. May I propose for the future a Mr. Wilson cameo elimination game?
  • It's been a few days since the last game ended. Anybody want to step up and post the Allies game?
    Can the original poster of this thread edit links to previous games into the first post. So new members and old alike can look at past results that we've gone through over the months/years :)
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited October 2014 Posts: 5,080
    It's been a few days since the last game ended. Anybody want to step up and post the Allies game?

I don't think SNS is a daily visiter to the forum, so it could be a while until he returns. I think it would appropriate for a frequent poster to take up hosting the game.
  • It's been a few days since the last game ended. Anybody want to step up and post the Allies game?

I don't think SNS is a daily visiter to the forum, so it could be a while until he returns. I think it would appropriate for a frequent poster to take up hosting the game.

He started the theme song tournament, so it would make sense if someone else got a chance.