SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• I love long titles I hope they go with a longer one for 24 but I doubt it'll happen.
    cna someone double check when Quantum of solace domain was bought i vaguely recall them buying the sites very close to announceing it.
  • RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote: »
    cna someone double check when Quantum of solace domain was bought i vaguely recall them buying the sites very close to announceing it.

If a title is registered, somebody will come across it. I would say let's be patient.
  • The SF name leaked around this time 3 years ago:
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_23_report_octb_skyfall_title.php3

So I'd imagine the domain name has been registered.

So have also been rumours that Rachel Weisz may join Bond 24:

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/47100/20140925/james-bond-24-movie-rumors-rachel-weisz-could-team-up-with-husband-daniel-craig-to-be-main-female-lead-in-next-movie-video.htm
    http://www.fansshare.com/news/rachel-weisz-to-join-daniel-craig-in-new-james-bond-movie/

This is most likely nothing but I'm so desperate for news!!! I hear Marvel scoops all the time, it's time some of these movie blogs chased after some 007 news!
    I would love for her to join
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I would love her to be on a Bond film (I usually refer to her as the greatest Bond girl that never was) but I wouldn't put much credit into this (unfortunately).
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Greatest Bond girl that never was imo would go to Raquel Welch and Monica Bellucci.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Monica Bellucci.

If she could act.
    Fingers crossed for some news tomorrow? Had hoped seeing as it's a new month? We may have had something new on Bond 24 to discuss? Alas their is always tomorrow as Eliot Carver would say! ;)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Sigh :( ...I just realized I'm going to be in London after filming has started. Hmm...
    Not point really but just realized that... I'm slow sometimes
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @mcdonbb please stop spamming. You've double posted here and added nothing to the discussion at all.

As for Bond news, a little more patience is needed. There's only about 8 weeks until filming begins, so we at least have a countdown. News will (I hope) start before filming starts. As the saying goes, all good things to those who wait.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Thank you! @pierce2daniel.
    That may be the most speculative rumour yet. Unlike the Rihanna "scoop" the author doesn't even pretend that there is a source, but more fodder for the Bond-girl rumour thread!
    Interesting, the linked articles choose Froggat and Seydoux as names also being considered, but truly I think, only the Froggat talk seems to have any actual fire, maybe possibly, supporting the smoke.
    We really haven't got much.

• echoecho 007 in New York
    I love long titles I hope they go with a longer one for 24 but I doubt it'll happen.

From the master: The Rough with the Smooth.

Benny wrote: »
    @mcdonbb please stop spamming. You've double posted here and added nothing to the discussion at all.

As for Bond news, a little more patience is needed. There's only about 8 weeks until filming begins, so we at least have a countdown. News will (I hope) start before filming starts. As the saying goes, all good things to those who wait.[/quote

If you have a gripe msg me ...your comment adds nothing either.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited October 2014 Posts: 16,331
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »

As for Bond news, a little more patience is needed. There's only about 8 weeks until filming begins, so we at least have a countdown. News will (I hope) start before filming starts. As the saying goes, all good things to those who wait.[/quote

If you have a gripe msg me ...your comment adds nothing either.

He means you double and triple post. If you have more to add to your comment there is an edit button. Highlight your comment and look for a little gear symbol.
    Thanks ....there's a nice way to put it and you did.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 3,169
    So... apparently here's the reason why they choose to let Austria double for Norway. Sadly it's not a creative decision, but all about money:

dagbladet.no/2014/08/01/kultur/film/james_bond/34592989/

Basically they are quoting Jason Roberts, a movie producer who lives in Svalbard, who helped on "The Golden Compass" and who's been approached earlier this year:

"It's too expensive to make movies for foreign companies in Norway, because they don't get the same benefits, like in other countries, where money spent inside the country during production, partly is being returned to the company afterwards (...) That's why places like Iceland and Hungary are very popular to shoot in, because they have production incentives."

The news is two months old, but I haven't seen it mentioned here yet.

Zekidk wrote: »
    So... apparently here's the reason why they choose to let Austria double for Norway. Sadly it's not a creative decision, but all about money:

dagbladet.no/2014/08/01/kultur/film/james_bond/34592989/

Basically they are quoting Jason Roberts, a movie producer who lives in Svalbard, who helped on "The Golden Compass" and who's been approached earlier this year:

"It's too expensive to make movies for foreign companies in Norway, because they don't get the same benefits, like in other countries, where money spent inside the country during production, partly is being returned to the company afterwards (...) That's why places like Iceland and Hungary are very popular to shoot in, because they have production incentives."

The news is two months old, but I haven't seen it mentioned here yet.

Yup, that's very damn right. Same counts for my country The Netherlands by the way. Also there the government doesn't facilitate in movie incentives or other subsidies. Hence the fact that DAF will stay the last Bond film that was filmed in The Netherlands.

Allthough, things are changing now because of this. Carice van Houten (actress) is now pro-actively lobbying for this to change.
    As long as they're not filming in the back gardens of pinewood and trying to pass it off as some paradisaical locale, they can film in Timbuktu and have it double for wherever for all I care.
    I care. Guess it's okay for The Bahamas to double for Madagascar. I just think there are missed opportunities when you have London doubling for Shanghai. MI:3 used Shanghai perfectly. Having Bond visit real life places shouldn't be too large of a request.
    I don't care. Guess it's okay for The Bahamas to double for Madagascar. I just think there are missed opportunities when you have London doubling for Shanghai. MI:3 used Shanghai perfectly. Having Bond visit real life places shouldn't be too large of a request.

Yeah, for a Bond movie, especially a landmark Bond movie that was beyond pathetic.

I don't care. Guess it's okay for The Bahamas to double for Madagascar. I just think there are missed opportunities when you have London doubling for Shanghai. MI:3 used Shanghai perfectly. Having Bond visit real life places shouldn't be too large of a request.

Yeah, for a Bond movie, especially a landmark Bond movie that was beyond pathetic.

I think, to be fair, after all the MGM trouble, that weren exactly loaded.
  • Germanlady wrote: »

I think, to be fair, after all the MGM trouble, that weren exactly loaded.

But they weren't paupers, either. Skyfall had an estimated $200 million budget. That's below the estimates for Quantum ($230 million) but still a big budget. The second unit got to go but not the first unit.
  • Put another way: there's probably a happy medium between Quantum (where the first unit went, what, to five or six major locations?) and Skyfall (where the first unit went to Turkey while the second unit went to Shanghai).

That may be happening for Bond 24 based on these reports about possible locations.
    (...) the second unit went to Shanghai).
    That's pushing it. They only spent a couple of days getting some establishing shots. The neon highway and the shot of the skyline. That was it! They might as well have used stock footage.
    One of the problem with QoS was that they completely mismanaged the use of their budget and in the end the film looked as though the big bucks didn't justify the end product. If you're going to shoot on location do so and lets see it; not chop it up to the point where weeks worth of filming in whichever country, incurring a super fat bill in the process only gets 110seconds of screen time...conveyed in drips and drabs.
    So when Bond approaches the glass tower in SF, where the security guards got wasted by Patrice, that was not shot in Shanghai but in London :-O
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    timmer wrote: »
    So when Bond approaches the glass tower in SF, where the security guards got wasted by Patrice, that was not shot in Shanghai but in London :-O

Correct. The skyline was added digitally.

Maybe it is just because of the name and brand, but I love that they film in Pinewood. I have been there once, I felt like I was walking with movie history.