"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote: »
    I thought Liverpool would absolute muller them tonight. Three points, though. All you need at the end of the day.

Yeah - 3 jammy points against some Bulgarian plumbers and turnip farmers. No need to be worried at the thought of Ronaldo, Bale and Rodriguez queuing up to do a Fritzl on poor mans Traore Sakho.
  • Feels strange United not being in Champions league. :(
  • RC7RC7
    I thought Liverpool would absolute muller them tonight. Three points, though. All you need at the end of the day.

Yeah - 3 jammy points against some Bulgarian plumbers and turnip farmers. No need to be worried at the thought of Ronaldo, Bale and Rodriguez queuing up to do a Fritzl on poor mans Traore Sakho.

Yeah, to be fair it was gubbins. Could've been worse, though.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    3-0 away win! Never thought that at Griffin Park tonight! Well done lads! Up the the Canaries!!!! 8-} \:D/

What made you think you'd need to tell us? We all knew that of course! ;)

What do you think of Alex Tettey btw? He grew up in my home town. I even went to school with him.
    3-0 away win! Never thought that at Griffin Park tonight! Well done lads! Up the the Canaries!!!! 8-} \:D/
    Someone is a happy bunny!
    jobo wrote: »

What made you think you'd need to tell us? We all knew that of course! ;)

What do you think of Alex Tettey btw? He grew up in my home town. I even went to school with him.

I think Tetty has finally settled as to me he never got a regular settled run in the side.
    largo2 wrote: »
    Someone is a happy bunny!

You should have seen me when we came back to beat Cardiff 4-2 last Saturday! \:D/
    Just seen the Forest, Fulham result! The fans certainly got their money's worth tonight! Especially if you were a Forest fan!
  • So Wembley has been chosen to host the Euro 2020 Semi-Finals and Final.

Well, at least England will be involved in some capacity. :D
    So with Scotland wanting to stay within the UK, it is time to stop that 4 teams from one nation and have just the one. Which would make it a lot easier to get decent players together I would think.
    There should be a Catalan team otherwise, one from Lapland, Dutch Friesland is interested too. :D
  • SaintMark wrote: »
    So with Scotland wanting to stay within the UK, it is time to stop that 4 teams from one nation and have just the one. Which would make it a lot easier to get decent players together I would think.
    There should be a Catalan team otherwise, one from Lapland, Dutch Friesland is interested too. :D

Not really. It would just mean 10 Englishmen and Gareth Bale.

And we'd still be crap.
    Pathetic. The FA and Greg Dyke come out with all this shit about not bidding for the World Cup again until FIFA is reformed and then go begging UEFA (which is the same thing essentially) for scraps like this.

We should be saying we're hosting a whole tournament or nothing at all and let all the lesser nations who can't host a full tournament bid for this as it's probably the only chance they'll get.

I wonder what the FA had to offer Michel in order to get these games so they can pay off their white elephant stadium? Whatever it was I'm sure it's not as much as Azerbaijan have stuffed in his pockets!! Baku hosting a QF FFS? Are you winding me up?

Absolute disgraceful treatment of the fans as usual - so you could conceivably start in Romania or Spain, have to go to Scotland for your last 16 match, then to Baku or St Petersburg for the QFs and then back to Wembley? That's more air miles than going to Brazil and back!

You have to hand it to these people - just when you think they can't surprise you anymore they dream another new way to take the piss out of the fans.

When will people realise that these people don't own the game - they only make you think they do? They rinse billions out of host countries and fans and what do they actually do? Just draw some plastic balls out of a tombola. I reckon I could do that every 2 years for one million and all the rest of the TV money, gate receipts and sponsorship could go to the national FAs instead of lining these parasites pockets.

There's a slight chance that some of the European leagues might grow a pair and say we're not going to Qatar. It would only take England, Germany and Spain to pull out to leave FIFA and UEFA in disarray. Just see how much the backing of the likes of Togo and Guatemala are worth Sepp when the big nations decide to form a breakaway. Premier league, Bundesliga and La Liga hold the real power - if they boycotted the World Cup and Euros all FIFA could do would be to ban players playing in those leagues from playing in internationals. How many players are going to risk their massive pay packets to turn out in a devalued World Cup?

Of course nothing will change though - if you're one of these suits why would you upset the prawn sandwich applecart?

• Pathetic. The FA and Greg Dyke come out with all this shit about not bidding for the World Cup again until FIFA is reformed and then go begging UEFA (which is the same thing essentially) for scraps like this.

We should be saying we're hosting a whole tournament or nothing at all and let all the lesser nations who can't host a full tournament bid for this as it's probably the only chance they'll get.

I wonder what the FA had to offer Michel in order to get these games so they can pay off their white elephant stadium? Whatever it was I'm sure it's not as much as Azerbaijan have stuffed in his pockets!! Baku hosting a QF FFS? Are you winding me up?

Absolute disgraceful treatment of the fans as usual - so you could conceivably start in Romania or Spain, have to go to Scotland for your last 16 match, then to Baku or St Petersburg for the QFs and then back to Wembley? That's more air miles than going to Brazil and back!

You have to hand it to these people - just when you think they can't surprise you anymore they dream another new way to take the piss out of the fans.

When will people realise that these people don't own the game - they only make you think they do? They rinse billions out of host countries and fans and what do they actually do? Just draw some plastic balls out of a tombola. I reckon I could do that every 2 years for one million and all the rest of the TV money, gate receipts and sponsorship could go to the national FAs instead of lining these parasites pockets.

There's a slight chance that some of the European leagues might grow a pair and say we're not going to Qatar. It would only take England, Germany and Spain to pull out to leave FIFA and UEFA in disarray. Just see how much the backing of the likes of Togo and Guatemala are worth Sepp when the big nations decide to form a breakaway. Premier league, Bundesliga and La Liga hold the real power - if they boycotted the World Cup and Euros all FIFA could do would be to ban players playing in those leagues from playing in internationals. How many players are going to risk their massive pay packets to turn out in a devalued World Cup?

Of course nothing will change though - if you're one of these suits why would you upset the prawn sandwich applecart?

To my mind there is not a single word to disagree in this post especially the point of some of the countries pulling off their own tournament. I am singing this song for quite some time, but have to admit I don't have any hopes at all!
    Come on the Norwich boys!!! Lets get another 3 points today against the Blues! :-bd
  • Good result for the Hammers beating Liverpool. A United win tomorrow means we can leap frog Liverpool. Feel more confident about United getting in top four, our firepower far superior than Liverpool's. Hopefully that will work in our favour getting back into the Champions League.
  • Liverpool are going the same way Spurs did it would seem, having sold their best player.

Balotelli is so overrated.
  • RC7RC7
    Liverpool are going the same way Spurs did it would seem, having sold their best player.

Balotelli is average.

Liverpool were damn (annoyingly) good even without Suarez last season. I haven't seem them enough this season to know why they've slumped. I'm assuming they'll come good. Early days still.
    Liverpool are going the same way Spurs did it would seem, having sold their best player.

Balotelli is average.

Liverpool were damn (annoyingly) good even without Suarez last season. I haven't seem them enough this season to know why they've slumped. I'm assuming they'll come good. Early days still.

To quote DC himself 'Appalling'!

All well and good saying you can't start suggesting sack the manager after he almost won the title but let's look at some of his decisions that resulted in the dross we see playing today:

- Paid a ridiculous 12m (that's pounds sterling by the way not Zimbabwe dollars) for Borini and somehow managed to con 14m out of Sunderland but when the useless twat kicks off and says he wants to fight for his place he caves in and lets him stay. Not only that he starts him ahead of Lambert. So the bloke you wanted shot of is ahead of the bloke you just signed in the pecking order? Go figure.

- Treats Agger like shit and forces him out for peanuts and gets Titus Bramble's shitter Froggy cousin in at vast expense to add even more calamity to our dismal defence.

- Ditto Pepe. Told to leave for nothing and pays top dollar for a bloke not fit to lace his boots.

Is the Brendan revolution just a case of emperors new clothes that Suarez's 40 goals managed to cover up?

We have a relegation defence which was fine last season when we were scoring 3 a game but now that we're averaging 0.5 goals a game we're facing a bleak winter in which the title has already gone and 4th is rapidly disappearing over the horizon.
  • RC7RC7

Balotelli is average.

To quote DC himself 'Appalling'!

All well and good saying you can't start suggesting sack the manager after he almost won the title but let's look at some of his decisions that resulted in the dross we see playing today:

- Paid a ridiculous 12m (that's pounds sterling by the way not Zimbabwe dollars) for Borini and somehow managed to con 14m out of Sunderland but when the useless twat kicks off and says he wants to fight for his place he caves in and lets him stay. Not only that he starts him ahead of Lambert. So the bloke you wanted shot of is ahead of the bloke you just signed in the pecking order? Go figure.

- Treats Agger like shit and forces him out for peanuts and gets Titus Bramble's shitter Froggy cousin in at vast expense to add even more calamity to our dismal defence.

- Ditto Pepe. Told to leave for nothing and pays top dollar for a bloke not fit to lace his boots.

Is the Brendan revolution just a case of emperors new clothes that Suarez's 40 goals managed to cover up?

We have a relegation defence which was fine last season when we were scoring 3 a game but now that we're averaging 0.5 goals a game we're facing a bleak winter in which the title has already gone and 4th is rapidly disappearing over the horizon.

Like I say, I've not seen any of your games but the form resembles the season before last, a definite step back. I'm pretty sure we'll (Utd) still stumble through the season, despite our signings, so it's all up for grabs. Chelsea and (possibly) City for one and two, after that, who knows? Arsenal tacked on for fourth, no doubt.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 6,432
    My predictions for today.
    Leicester 1 - 3 Man Utd
    Spurs 2 - 2 West Brom
    Man City 1 - 2Chelsea
    Everton 2 - 0Palace

United game, oh dear, oh dear! Total disaster!!!!!
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Sorry double post

• Maybe United and Spurs could try a Manager swap? ;-)
    As expected the signing of Falcao does not cover up Uniteds allarming defensive weaknesses. Letting in five goals against Leicester... Oh dear! Makes you wonder how they will fare against City and Chelsea...
  • Speechless! Confidence will vanish fast after this debacle. :-S
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Leicester City have put a big smile on my face.
    What a great match.
    Now if Chelsea can beat Man City, I'll be a very happy man.
  • United fans on Twitter bemoaning the referee. Now there's an irony for you!

Maybe you should look at your Manager and defenders before pointing the blame elsewhere, eh?
    Strange how no matter how dismal your own club's result Utd getting a raping never fails to restore a smile to your face.

Looking like 3 out of Liverpool, Utd, Spurs and the Toon to go down.
  • Spurs will be the next to sack their Manager. Their real problem lies with Joe Lewis and Levy. When Lewis puts the value of the club at £1 Billion, then you know he really is mental.
    How long before RVP puts in a tranfer request? :P Not that I think many top teams would want him at this point...
  • RC7RC7
    What a bizarre game. United could've put 4 or 5 past them, then everything turned on the penalty and they ruthlessly exposed our woeful defence, or should that be non-existent defence. Can't wait to start against West Ham with the mighty Smalling at CB. Oh well, our attacking play is shaping up superbly, we'll have to win all our games 6-5.
    edited September 2014 Posts: 9,117
    jobo wrote: »
    How long before RVP puts in a transfer request?

How long before Falcao and Di Maria do?

That result has brightened up my weekend no end.