SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited April 2014 Posts: 17,730
    RC7 wrote:
    @Ludovico, you seem pretty miffed that the potential villain in 24 is to be a younger foe. Is there any particular reason? I hadn't really given it any thought, as I'm usually happy to see what they throw at us. I'm actually quite interested to see how it would work. He's ten years younger than Dan, that's not to say the villain will be pitched at exactly ten years his junior, but should they, that to me is a really interesting dynamic.

Just look at the dynamic of Roger Moore s Bond up against the much younger Max Zorin and May Day.
  • RC7RC7
    Dragonpol wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    @Ludovico, you seem pretty miffed that the potential villain in 24 is to be a younger foe. Is there any particular reason? I hadn't really given it any thought, as I'm usually happy to see what they throw at us. I'm actually quite interested to see how it would work. He's ten years younger than Dan, that's not to say the villain will be pitched at exactly ten years his junior, but should they, that to me is a really interesting dynamic.

Just look at the dynamic of Roger Moore s Bond up against the much younger Max Zorin and May Day.

So you don't think the 46 year old Daniel Craig squaring up to the 36 year old Chiwetel Ejiofor is a tantalising one? Both very talented actors, who could go toe to toe both physically and mentally.

Well, it's good to see everyone is already on a downer. Why can't people wait and see what comes of these things and be positive in the interim?
    RC7 wrote:

As I mentioned I prefer to have the main villain been seasoned and looking like he's been in the game for a while, with resources at hand and experience that surpass Bond's. More believabe with an older man. Beside, Fleming's villains were often distorted, depraved father figures. That does not mean should Ejiofor be fast he'll play a younger man, after all Bardem with his makeup looked older and played an older villain, but on principle I tend to prefer older villains.
    Ludovico wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

As I mentioned I prefer to have the main villain been seasoned and looking like he's been in the game for a while, with resources at hand and experience that surpass Bond's. More believabe with an older man. Beside, Fleming's villains were often distorted, depraved father figures. That does not mean should Ejiofor be fast he'll play a younger man, after all Bardem with his makeup looked older and played an older villain, but on principle I tend to prefer older villains.

But just because they haven't done what you wanted, it doesn't mean you should be sceptical. Efijor is a great actor, I'd be thrilled if he was in it and I'm pretty confident he'll do a good job.
    RC7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

So you don't think the 46 year old Daniel Craig squaring up to the 36 year old Chiwetel Ejiofor is a tantalising one? Both very talented actors, who could go toe to toe both physically and mentally.

Well, it's good to see everyone is already on a downer. Why can't people wait and see what comes of these things and be positive in the interim?

No, I meant that I agreed with you actually! It could be Craig's "Has James Bond finally met his match?" moment.
  • RC7RC7
    Dragonpol wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

No, I meant that I agreed with you actually! It could be Craig's "Has James Bond finally met his match?" moment.

Ha ha, I thought it was just me who appreciated AVTAK on here. Indeed @Dragonpol.
    Ludovico wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

But just because they haven't done what you wanted, it doesn't mean you should be sceptical. Efijor is a great actor, I'd be thrilled if he was in it and I'm pretty confident he'll do a good job.

I'm.not saying it is going to be bad, but on the whole I prefer older villains, at least for some roles. This is no criticism of Efijor as an actor. and he may be playing an older character.
    If they don't address Quantum in "24" or "25" when it is assumed Craig will bow out then there is no point of Quantum.

That would upset more people than those who don't want it.
    Efijor as a red grand esque agent of Quantum would be kind of cool
    Risico007 wrote:
    Efijor as a red grand esque agent of Quantum would be kind of cool

Yes that could work and it would avoid making yet another Grant clone. He might be a field commander too, like Largo or Greene.
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    I enjoyed the fight between Bond and Greene and I regret that Bond and Silva never came to real blows. I can appreciate @Pierce2Daniel as to why we were never treated to a battle royal between the principal villain in SF.

I would also like to see this change with Bond 24. Ejiofor would be more than a match for DC. (Assuming he wins the role.)

I think this is a sure thing or as close to a sure thing as there can be ... what SAM wants SAM GETS! EON even waited an extra year for the man. If SAM wants Chi, he will get him! That is Interesting enough, Chi has done quite some work on stage ... and SAM likes to work with stage actors!

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Well, I find it interesting that nothing has been denied yet but this is the month where we should get more concrete news. I think it's safe to say that Chi will definitely be in this but wether it's Blofeld or a new, original villain is another question entirely.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2014 Posts: 13,350
    For what it's worth, I would say it will be an original villain. I can't see Blofeld returning. Just my opinion.
  • RC7RC7
    Samuel001 wrote:
    For what it's worth, I would say it will be an original villain. I can't see Blofeld returning. Just my opinion.

Yes. In line with the innocent until proven guilty sentiment, I would err on the side of original until proven Blofeld. Let's not forget the whole Blofeld angle is still just fan wankery at the moment, nothing more.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    RC7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

Ha ha, I thought it was just me who appreciated AVTAK on here. Indeed @Dragonpol.

Cough cough
    I enjoyed a View to a Kill as well
    Risico007 wrote:

Ditto
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

Ditto
    +1
    L-)
    Hm, am I the only one left who dislike AVTAK?

But seriously, this is turning off topic, isn't it? A seperate AVTAK appreciation thread is welcomed (if it doesn't exist already).
    jobo wrote:

But seriously, this is turning off topic, isn't it? A seperate AVTAK appreciation thread is welcomed (if it doesn't exist already).

You are not, I dislike it too. Has Bond met his match? I always thought it meant old age.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Okay folks this is getting off topic.
    This is not an AVTAK appreciation thread.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/7619/a-view-to-a-kill-appreciation-thread-anybody-else-want-to-drop-out/p1

Let's get back to Bond 24. Thanks.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    jobo wrote:

Created by myself!

Yes, but seriously. I think Chiwetel would make a satisfying villain. And going to be one of those who say I would like to see him work for Quantum, who have been under-utilised in previous releases.

Oh, I'm getting that sudden excitement for Bond24 again!
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 7,500
    Created by myself!

Yes, but seriously. I think Chiwetel would make a satisfying villain. And going to be one of those who say I would like to see him work for Quantum, who have been under-utilised in previous releases.

I also want to see more of Quantum. I think the concept and the way it was presented in QoS was really promising. I don't think it needs Blofeld though... And Chivetel would make a great villain, if he indeed is interested in playing the part.
    jobo wrote:

Created by myself!

I'd be happy with that. I could see him as a Largo-like or a Grant-like character. Maybe he is a bit young for a Largo-like character, but henchmen have been under-appreciated and under-utilized in the last... twenty years? Thirty even? It would be nice to see a henchman as a main villain, like Grant or even (in the novel) Scaramanga.
    RC7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

Cough cough

No, you can add me to the list of AVTAK defenders, too. There's few of us still kicking about yet.
    To keep us on some sort of topic...

We almost had Gala Brand up to the last minute in 2002, and now with the powers that be searching for a British main Bond Girl, do we think we'll finally get Gala Brand or Loelia Ponsonby in a Bond film?
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    To keep us on some sort of topic...

We almost had Gala Brand up to the last minute in 2002, and now with the powers that be searching for a British main Bond Girl, do we think we'll finally get Gala Brand or Loelia Ponsonby in a Bond film?

I certainly hope so, though Camille and no sexual involvement with Bond did recall Gala Brand from the MR novel a tad.
    Once again, I see this team wanting to create new characters. I doubt either of those will appear.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 5,745
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Once again, I see this team wanting to create new characters. I doubt either of those will appear.

They did end Skyfall with the roles of a male M., new Q, new Moneypenny, and Tanner all filled. Doesn't sound like creating *original characters to me.

But you may be right, indeed.

However, I will predict that IF the character Eijiofer is in talks to play is a higher-up in the return of the Quantum organization, having Special Branch agent Gala Brand under his nose would be quite a nice little plot point.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

They did end Skyfall with the roles of a male M., new Q, new Moneypenny, and Tanner all filled. Doesn't sound like creating *original characters to me.

They are established characters that have been in almost every film and are part of the MI6 staff.