Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Sad news of the death of Lorenzo Semple Jr. , screenwriter of Never Say Never Again.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11313&t=mi6&s=news

I saw that earlier, very sad, indeed. RIP, Lorenzo.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Sad news of the death of Lorenzo Semple Jr. , screenwriter of Never Say Never Again.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11313&t=mi6&s=news

RIP. I think NSNA has one of the wittiest scripts out of all the Bond movies.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RIP
    LS Jr also wrote the Batman '66 film. I think he was a lovable human being in real life. From what I've read...
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Probably not a lot of you know him except for sharing the screen with Connery on the film Medicine Man. Brazilian actor José Wilker died today of a heart attack at the age of 66. He was amazing actor! Words cannot describe how shocked I am of his death, he was such a youthful man.

03+Jos%C3%A9+Wilker+de+Almeida.jpg
    R.I.P. José Wilker. He died too young.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Heard this on the radio earlier. Very sad to learn of the passing of the legendary Mickey Rooney. A true Hollywood great.
    RIP.
    I remember Mickey Rooney mainly in The Simpsons (though I did watch him fairly recently in It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad World).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I remember seeing Rooney in NY 24 years ago. He was entering a convenience store as I walked by. Easily recognizable, the man always was himself. RIP, Mickey. Great little guy!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    A real, real shame. A legend has indeed been lost though 93 is a wonderful age to live to.
    RIP Mickey Rooney
    You were one of Hollywood's greatest actors. :((
    And another part of my childhood has gone. I watched the Andy Hardy film series on TV way back in the 60s, when they aired on sunday afternoons. Since then, of course, I saw him in many great (and, let's face it, not so great) movies. Including the Bond spoof "Bons Baisers de Hong Kong"

RIP Mickey Rooney, another sad loss from the golden era Hollywood. Thoughts and prayers to his friends and family.
    Just heard that Peaches Geldof has passed away...aged 25 :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26931337
    Good God. That's heart braking. I hope we learn more soon.

RIP.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sad news of the death of such young woman. I really hope it was not suicide, but I fear that that is what it was. Two young children left behind, too.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Terrible tragedy.I really feel for her whole family.
    Cannot believe the sad news about Peaches Geldof. The tragedy that has beset this family is just astonishing. Thoughts and condolences go to all the family. RIP.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I'm really sad to hear that Sue Townsend, one of my favourite writers, has passed away yesterday. The impact her books (not just Adrian but mostly him) had in my life is immense and got me through some of the roughest times in my life. RIP http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-26982680
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Sandy, I just read this on BBC news, too. I am so sad. I knew she had diabetes and was blind, and had a kidney transplant, but I did not know how very precarious her current health was. It said she just had a short illness. I am very saddened.
    I loved the two Adrian Mole books that I've read, and I will read them all. Rest in peace, dear wonderful, funny Sue. You will be missed by so many around the world.

Gabriel Garcia Marquez died today. Amazing writer. Very sad news.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I just want to give my deepest condolences to those who have lost their loved ones in the sinking Korean ferry. I know this is an ongoing tragedy ... but I just wanted to mention this already. I know the statistics will change.
    I think nine so far confirmed dead. Hundreds trapped or missing.
    R.I.P. to those who have passed on.
    My thoughts and prayers for their families ... and for those families who are still waiting and hoping that more people will somehow be rescued.
    Ludovico wrote:
    Gabriel Garcia Marquez died today. Amazing writer. Very sad news.

Great writer indeed. I've read only a few of his novels (four I think) and he is skilled and universal. I wouldn't say he's my favorite (I enjoy more the ones from his nemesis Vargas Llosa) but he was a giant, no doubt.
    I also enjoyed King Kong '76 which Lorenzo wrote as well.......HUGE loss for Batman '66 fans obviously :(
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 19,339
    Sad to hear about the death of Bob Hoskins...another British gem gone :

bob-hoskins.jpg

RIP Bob...

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Very sad to learn of the passing of Bob Hoskins. Very likable actor, and talented as well.
    Long Good Friday is a great film. And who wasn't charmed by Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    RIP Bob.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2014 Posts: 4,476
    Felicia's Journey and Den of Lions are 2 movies i have seen with him, the last movie i also own on dvd. Those 2 movies also made that i liked to see him or Anthy Hopkins playing the part of Harry Potter chacter 'Mad­Eye Moody' that in the final go to Brenden Gleeson. With a look on the imdb page i also notice a couple of others movies i have seen with him like Mario Bross, Hook and Mermaids. Last year i bought Outlaw with Sean Bean, where he also playing a part. RIP.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 6,396
    An absolute legend has passed. Love Bob Hoskins in pretty much everything he's done. From The Long Good Friday and Mona Lisa to Who Framed Roger Rabbit and his role in Jimmy McGovern's The Street.

He will be sorely missed. One of the cream of British acting.

"The Mafia. I've shit 'em!"

RIP Bob.
    Bob Hoskins has left us too early may he enjoy his time in the grand theatre in the sky.
    Not a good day. Rest in peace Bob, we'll miss you.
    Bob Hoskins... a man who played an important part in my childhood through Roger Rabbit and Mermaids.

I'm very sad now.