Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

edited July 2014 in General Movies & TV Posts: 60

My kids see it for turtles and we will get to see the Megan Fox, American treasure if ever there was one. What do you think about how it looks? I think it looks great, and I look forward to this new series.

Comments

• Do not look like blacks, and if so, it will be inclusive I'm sure only. It was discussed recently making Bond black help to address racism, but it looks like a turtle Bond beat to the punch. Megan Fox is a knockout on top of things, so I was accompanying their children to it. I have a 3 year old son and a daughter that her age is not for you. I'm very protective.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    IFM RB.
    What does that mean ? Some people on here make no sense at all. Anyway this looks
    awesome, I will be first in line at the theater if I can help it
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Removed several offensive posts.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I'm not sure what you're talking about but the movie isn't getting me excited at all. I grew up watching the Ninja Turtles so I'll still go see it in theaters but I don't like the way they look. I don't mind Megan Fox as April.
    edited April 2014 Posts: 16,331
    Looks painfully generic. Not sure why the turtles are out in broad daylight, in the alps for that matter. Like the Robocop reboot, I'm going to skip it. I have the first two on DVD, It's all I need.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote:
    Looks painfully generic. Not sure why the turtles our out in broad daylight, in the alps for that matter. Like the Robocop reboot, I'm going to skip it. I have the first two on DVD, It's all I need.
    Even the third one looks better than this (I have it ). The more recent animated one was cool IMO. This I will skip. They don't look like turtles in their faces any more.
    edited April 2014 Posts: 16,331
    chrisisall wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Looks painfully generic. Not sure why the turtles our out in broad daylight, in the alps for that matter. Like the Robocop reboot, I'm going to skip it. I have the first two on DVD, It's all I need.
    Even the third one looks better than this (I have it ). The more recent animated one was cool IMO. This I will skip. They don't look like turtles in their faces any more.
    My favorite Turtles adaptation is the 2002 4Kids tv series. It had the right mix of humor and dark gritty atmosphere. I hate to think of what Baxter Stockman went through every time he failed. :-S
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    As a huge TMNT fan back in the day, you can imagine my ears pricked up when I heard this film was in the works. But now, I can't decide if I really want to see it. I don't mind the look of the turtles, but the fact it's got Fox in it has completely turned me off. The role of April should've gone to a credible actress, like Jessica Biel, who was keen to take on the role. Also, from the trailer alone it seems it will be littered with more CGI than is truly needed. Maybe I'll wait for the DVD.
    I liked when the turles looked like turtles. Like in the first two movies.

Anyway, way too much cgi for my liking, and they even changed Shredder's backstory.
    You know it's sad when even the creator of the Ninja Turtles doesn't like how the reboot is looking.
    http://badassdigest.com/2014/04/08/tmnt-creator-peter-laird-doesnt-like-the-new-designs-either/
    I have seen comics where the TMNT have nostrils but it's kinda weird , hopefully I can get used to it......

IMO , TMNT II and III could've been better had it not been for parents neutering the violence , same with the old toon where Mike was no allowed nunchucks anymore.
    If their to be from another planet now... (Thanks Bay...) Then how are they mutant? And why are we still calling them TMNT? Also, they don't seem very teenage to me either...

Just thinking out loud here.
    Murdock wrote:
    You know it's sad when even the creator of the Ninja Turtles doesn't like how the reboot is looking.
    http://badassdigest.com/2014/04/08/tmnt-creator-peter-laird-doesnt-like-the-new-designs-either/

Must be a kick in the teeth for both parties really? Having said that? I guess we will have to see how much it takes at the B/O?
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    jolearon wrote:
    If their to be from another planet now... (Thanks Bay...) Then how are they mutant? And why are we still calling them TMNT? Also, they don't seem very teenage to me either...

Just thinking out loud here.

I was thinking that too. I remember, from about a year ago, Bay said that they would be aliens and the movie would just be called Ninja Turtles. In the trailer the guy (who I assume will be Shredder) says that he and April's father were trying to create heroes. That and the title Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I guess confirms that they are mutants and not aliens.
    I have to admit, the more I watch the trailer the more I'm warming up to it.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    New concept art reveals Shredder and Splinter:

http://bit.ly/1n60oIA
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    wow...that looks terrible. I think I will stick with the 90's Turtles!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Splinter looks awesome there, and I don't mind Shredder's look- except the mask should be less horror fantasy, and more like a Sub Zero/Scorpion mask.
    I was only briefly a fan, when I was 12-13 or so, that said wasn't TMNT a parody and a product of its time? Shouldn't they just embrace.the.ludicrous.premise?