Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I think they should release the 7th film (they'll definitely dedicate it to him) and then just leave it. The series has gone on for a good while now anyway and it seems a bit tasteless to carry on without him.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I think the worst part of all this, for the families, is as the car burst into flames, they've only got metal parts, there are no bodies. That's something I wouldn't want to wish on anyone when burying a loved one.

I'm sure the films will continue, Paul Walker was only one part of an ensemble, only one element that makes the films work.

Films seven, eight and nine are said to be a trilogy, so they've begun something with this that will continue.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I think the worst part of all this, for the families, is as the car burst into flames, they've only got metal parts, there are no bodies. That's something I wouldn't want to wish on anyone when burying a loved one.

I'm sure the films will continue, Paul Walker was only one part of an ensemble, only one element that makes the films work.

Films seven, eight and nine are said to be a trilogy, so they've begun something with this that will continue.

Agreed, @Samuel001. The lack of actual bodies to be buried or cremated is something that must be very painful on top of the actual loss of life.

The films will likely continue and I'm sure that, rather than recast, they'll figure out a way to say goodbye to Walker's character. That said, I think a dedication, with a 'drive safe' warning, is much needed before the film begins.

With Walker's friend Roger Rodas, a stuntdriver no less, behind the wheel of the car, you have to wonder what happened and could anything at all have been done to prevent it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I just hate the tabloids milking the gruesome details. 'Fiery car crash, bodies beyond identifiable.' We can't mourn the loss of a generous man and a loving actor, we have to get into the brutality that our society seems to love so much. I heard that they were speeding, which is really unfortunate.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2013 Posts: 12,459
    My deepest condolences also, to the family and friends of all who lost loved ones in Glasgow at the pub, as well as to those close to Paul Walker and Roger Rodas. Regarding the latter, I simply hope that due to the severity of the crash they were rendered unconscious and did not suffer. Such a terrible shock.

And yes, @Creasy47, the tabloids are disgusting. They have been for years. They feed off of everything that is sad, gruesome, or negative in the world. It has infected more mainstream news sources, too. And all the words are over the top these days: no one tells their news and even opens up about something, they "break their silence" or "fight back" or slam the haters" etc. So overblown. It is hard for me to find articles where I don't cringe at something; usually the BBC is still the best to read, even more than CNN.

My condolences on both mans families.

And also my condolences on the victims of that train-disaster in NY, and I hope for the wounded that they get healthy soon.
  • RIP Paul Walker. Sad and tragic news.
    10 yrs since Robert Brown died , him and Geoff Keen were always so nice to fans , they should get more cred for their contribution to 007.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    RIP Paul Walker and Roger Rodas.

I always loved the "Fast and Furious" movies, I actually own all but "Tokyo Drift" on DVD. I hope they can do more without Walker. I read recently that most of the filming for "Fast 7" was done and they only had to do a few more additional scenes in January. I'm sure they can do what they did for Brandon Lee in "The Crow". The question is, will they film a few scenes with Brian's death and everyone's reactions or will they kill him off between "Fast 7" and "Fast 8"?
    Yes, I read most of the film was finished. I am sure they will do something; I'd just like it to be really tasteful, of course. I think I'd prefer they have the character die and deal with it like that, in this upcoming film.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I just hate the tabloids milking the gruesome details. 'Fiery car crash, bodies beyond identifiable.' We can't mourn the loss of a generous man and a loving actor, we have to get into the brutality that our society seems to love so much. I heard that they were speeding, which is really unfortunate.

Yes, our press has a lot to answer for, @Creasy47. Sad news indeed.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

The flipside however are the consumers that love the milking of stories and the tabloids answer a demand. Even if I suspect they did create this craving largly to begin with, they made us junkies.

At least they're pressing on with the series in his name, though I'm not sure if they'll decide to wrap it up with the seventh or if they'll continue on after that.
  • Bradford4Bradford4 Banned
    edited December 2013 Posts: 152
    As the news of Walker came in I was shaking and now the CNN reports the death may have been the result of drag racing. I must stress please God not let this be true. Street racing is very deadly affair and we are lucky he didn't take more innocent lives than were already taken (if it be true). Street racing is a crime, and it is a deadly one. Sadly we now have the James Dean of the 21st century. Paul Walker.

never saw The Fast and the Furious movies but you can see the spark of life in his eyes. Beautiful man.
    @Bradford4, not only that, but cops are on high alert because fans are arriving at the sight of Walker's crash to pay tribute to him by burning around and speeding down the road.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Ah yes, the so-called agents and followers of God doing Lucifer's work. It's amazing what we do to each other, isn't it? When will the pain and hatred end?
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,492
    I won't even get into WBC. You could give me all day to speak on why I hate those people and it wouldn't be enough time. One of these days, they'll picket the wrong place and pay for it.

I'll never understand God-fearing people who want to hate on soldiers, celebrities, and homosexuals.
  • If it's any consolation, they're generally kept far away from the actual funeral in some tiny, insignificant place. They shouldn't actually disturb the funeral itself. Doesn't make their actions any less loathsome, but I'd imagine it's easier on the mourners.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Re WBC: They are really sick. And loathsome. And obviously publicity hounds.
    I'm Christian and it annoys me beyond words that they are self described "Christians." They are not any kind "Christian" I would associate or worship with.

Anyway ... I don't want to give those jerks any more thought.

It is simply so sad. These things do happen. It seems speeding was definitely involved. I really wish others would not race dangerously to "honor" or pay respects to Paul in that way. I read that Paul's dad said some lovely things about him. That's what I'll focus on.
    SaintMark wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

The flipside however are the consumers that love the milking of stories and the tabloids answer a demand. Even if I suspect they did create this craving largly to begin with, they made us junkies.

Well I for one try not to give them any money. I read The Times, a newspaper of record, not of gossip.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 17,816

Yes, as a Christian myself, that is very, very sick, and it angers me too. Just like those street preachers who remind me of General Midwinter from Billion Dollar Brain. These people don't represent Christ or his teachings in any way. They are like the Sadducees whose prayers went no further than the ceiling as they were just for show. They are self-righteous idiots I know it says in the Bible "...nor speed of man loves he" but now is not the time to condemn a dead man, nor is there ever a right time for this. Who can say what was in his heart, just because he acted in films. No man can say. A case of fools and angels methinks.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Well I for one try not to give them any money. I read The Times, a newspaper of record, not of gossip.

I think we all like our gossip and excitement and all look occasionally online or in somebody elses magazine. Curiosity is just so human.

As for WBC I find it the duty of the US goverment to fly them out to Afghanistan where they can protest the Taliban and their devilish ilk, I am quite sure most Americans would gladly chip in a few dollars to pay for such a journey. They can exercise their freedom of speech and the American way over there.

As I've said, WBC is going to picket the wrong funeral one day and have a serious beating thrown at them.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    As I've said, WBC is going to picket the wrong funeral one day and have a serious beating thrown at them.

Or worse. I'm sure they'll really value God's judgement when someone pulls a weapon on them and starts dealing out threats.
    Here's a full account of the the crash and final days of the two men:

http://www.thewrap.com/paul-walker-death-crash-porsche-carerra-roger-rodas-race-driver-fast-furious

A very interesting, if uneasy, read.
    DVD proceeds of 'Fast & Furious 6' will go to Paul's charity:

http://www.slashfilm.com/fast-fast-furious-6-dvd-proceeds-to-go-to-charity/

Pretty cool of them to do that.
    Good to see. Meanwhile, it seems what has been filmed of the seventh film may be scrapped and they'll start again. A decision is said to be weeks or even days away.
    @Samuel001, it's all covered by insurance, so if they do that, I'm sure the release will be pushed to Summer 2015, though I think they should just work with what they have and give Brian a good send-off in the film. Don't cut him out entirely. Meanwhile, I'm sure 'Fast & Furious 6' will sell at an insane speed. I was going to get it, anyway - loved the film - but with his passing, I'm sure it'll sell real fast.