Gravity (2013)

2»

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Sandy wrote:
    I just came back from watching it. I can only say it's probably the most exciting film experience of my life, I can't even find the words to describe it. I loved it, five star, amazing story, amazing acting, amazing sound/soundtrack, amazing effects (by Chris Corbould's brother Neil), amazing everything. Leave everything and go watch it!

Wow, @Sandy. That's an impressive imperative if ever I received one. ;-)

It's that great! When I have time I intend on writing a proper review but in the meanwhile I advise anyone to go watch it, it's difficult to explain how amazing it is.

I wish I had an IMAX theater near me, though I saw it in a pretty big screen by non-IMAX standards. I wouldn't watch it in 2D, I completely agree with @OHMSS69.
    Trust me, it´s going to give you trembling knees in 2D the same.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    I booked a morning screening now at the BFI IMAX London on Sat. 9th :D

It premieres in Sweden on Friday already, but I think the IMAX will be a good one.
    My IMAX tickets for Gateshead are booked for 14th Nov. Other than Bond, it's been a long time since I was really looking forward to seeing a film.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Good heavens, these are rave reviews! I am pleasantly surprised. Now I have to do my research and figure out how I can see this here - and when!! (probably in a month or so - and if there is a 3D theatre close enough for me to afford to go to (train fares can be expensive). For example, the only theatre I can see movies in English is a 1 hr bus ride away, or 40 min. (2 trains) and a taxi away. I sincerely doubt I can get the 3D experience within my budget (I cannot afford going to Osaka or Tokyo now.)

I can't wait! I so want to see this film now!
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 5,767
    Poor @4EverBonded. It´s ironic that a film that has to do with going around the earth at high speed takes so long till you can see it :-( ;-) .
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Don't I know it! There aren't many films I definitely want to see in the theatre; Skyfall was the last one I saw here. But Gravity is now another one. Sending emails to Japanese friends now for advice.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 63
    It's funny. The film would have been a lot better with Pierce Brosnan as its costar.
  • Saw Gravity the other day in the cinema. WOW is all I can say. Gravity is one of those movies that really builds you up in a cinematic way. The music, the dialogue, the way it was filmed, everything. Really well done. I can even forgive George Clooney for Batman And Robin and the annoying Expresso commercials I see on TV every morning.