Bond Fan Posters

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It has been almost a month since I updated this thread with any new art, but today that changes! Lately I have been a bit busy with my other creative side, writing a short story for a class I am in, which I hope to post here for anyone who wishes to give it a read. I haven't been able to focus much on my art because of that, and have been too busy with other college work to really get into another project. However, I was recently inspired by all the cool Pierce Brosnan photos I have seen lately, namely from his Hackett photoshoot, and wanted to feature him in a Bond poster. I have held on to this photo of him for a long time and had been meaning to use it in one of my pieces, and I am now happy to have utilized it:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2863/10285023425_b67ed4fa36_o.jpg

I got the idea to use a maze in the poster, and soon this image was born:

labyrinth_of_lies_by_bradymajor-d6qjarl.jpg

I tried to think of cool ways to drive the motif forward, so the tagline compares the world to a maze, and the actual logo for the title "Labyrinth of Lies" is one big maze, that starts at the H in "Labyrinth" and ends with the S in "Lies." To create the logo I used the font for Inception, and then added in a bunch of my own lines to make it look more like a maze, recreating many sections of the logo to make it into a huge maze with a beginning and end. I usually don't do these kinds of posters where I work with layers upon layers of images, and instead go for the more arty and at times minimalistic pieces, but I am reasonably happy with how this turned out. I have never really done a poster just for Pierce, so I thought it would be cool to try it out instead of going with Sean or Dan as I would usually do. I hope you enjoy it. :)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Looking at the original font, I can see you've put in quite some effort, Brady. Clever tagline, great picture of Pierce. Nothing short of aMAZEing. ;)
  • @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    Good poster with a nice tagline. The title is consistent with Brosnan's films

that "Labyrinth of Lies" is quite cool. I got through the maze like a kid. :))
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Very good. I like the maze, not much the photo (looks like he´s in the WC... What´s he doing with his hands?)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    QBranch wrote:
    Looking at the original font, I can see you've put in quite some effort, Brady. Clever tagline, great picture of Pierce. Nothing short of aMAZEing. ;)

Thanks, and I see what you did there. ;)

I like the Inception font a lot, and instead of going with the O as it appears in the typeface I used a circle maze for that letter in "Of" made by this person on deviantart, and changed it a bit to fit my needs:

http://ryoshi-un.deviantart.com/art/Circle-Maze-324141035
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    You know me, I'm a sucker for anything Brosnan related, and this is excellent work, Brady. I was watching a movie the other day and thinking of action set pieces or certain sequences we never really see in films, and I really think someone out there could make something quite entertaining with a maze chase/fight scene. Two men fighting to the death, neither having an idea of where the other is.
    It has been almost a month since I updated this thread with any new art, but today that changes! Lately I have been a bit busy with my other creative side, writing a short story for a class I am in, which I hope to post here for anyone who wishes to give it a read. I haven't been able to focus much on my art because of that, and have been too busy with other college work to really get into another project. However, I was recently inspired by all the cool Pierce Brosnan photos I have seen lately, namely from his Hackett photoshoot, and wanted to feature him in a Bond poster. I have held on to this photo of him for a long time and had been meaning to use it in one of my pieces, and I am now happy to have utilized it:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2863/10285023425_b67ed4fa36_o.jpg

I tried to think of cool ways to drive the motif forward, so the tagline compares the world to a maze, and the actual logo for the title "Labyrinth of Lies" is one big maze, that starts at the H in "Labyrinth" and ends with the S in "Lies." To create the logo I used the font for Inception, and then added in a bunch of my own lines to make it look more like a maze, recreating many sections of the logo to make it into a huge maze with a beginning and end. I usually don't do these kinds of posters where I work with layers upon layers of images, and instead go for the more arty and at times minimalistic pieces, but I am reasonably happy with how this turned out. I have never really done a poster just for Pierce, so I thought it would be cool to try it out instead of going with Sean or Dan as I would usually do. I hope you enjoy it. :)

Nice Pic. Quite ironic title considering Brosnan looked rather lost in the role while surfing the infamous iceberg!
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Nice Pic. Quite ironic title considering Brosnan looked rather lost in the role while surfing the infamous iceberg!

"All the world's a maze, and he's just navigating his way through it...via parasailing on CGI icebergs...or-or something like that."

• LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    @Brady : great job done ; my congratulations !
    It's so true we miss a maze chase in Bond films or something related to it. If it ever happen I wish it'd be as cool as in "The Shining" !
    edited October 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Thank you, one and all; your feedback means a lot. @Creasy47's golden seal of approval is most rewarding. :)

I must say, I whole-heartedly agree with all this maze talk. I love the idea of placing Bond in a cat and mouse game to the death in a huge maze during a film's climax. Seeing as Mendes already paid brilliant tribute to The Shining in how he (and likely Deakins) handled the shots of Bond driving in the Scottish highlands set to Newman's eeire music, I would love for he and Logan to create some sort of maze sequence that again called back to the Kubrickian style. I think it would be a perfect sequence for a Craig Bond film, if anything else, and now you all have me tantalizingly wishing such a scene were in existence. Shame on you! ;)
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that sounds perfect! Although a big 'mansion/villa' finale was done in SF, it would be nice to see a massive mansion as a villain's base in the future, with Bond taking them out floor by floor, and the fight pushes to the backyard in a massive maze such as this. With Deakins on board, imagine the shots he could produce.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that sounds perfect! Although a big 'mansion/villa' finale was done in SF, it would be nice to see a massive mansion as a villain's base in the future, with Bond taking them out floor by floor, and the fight pushes to the backyard in a massive maze such as this. With Deakins on board, imagine the shots he could produce.

We need to get scripting jobs at EON or become tight buddies with Logan and Mendes; something, anything! THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN FOLKS, and not just in my dreams.
    Creasy47 wrote:

We need to get scripting jobs at EON or become tight buddies with Logan and Mendes; something, anything! THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN FOLKS, and not just in my dreams.

I couldn't agree more! Either have the sun just starting to set or rise as Bond and the main villain make it out to the backyard. He unholsters his PPK as the villain flees into the maze, and the chase begins.
  • Great posters on here. Fantastic Work.

Hey would anyone be interested in making a few posters for three fan films I have made?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Just goes to show how creatively adept the people working in the earlier Bond films were. The opening of FRWL with Bond and a Grant in a Maze is something that could be re-used but on a more expansive level. I can see Craig-Bond in something like that.
    There wouldn't be much left of the maze after Dan's barged through every wall :))
    I agree though, there's great potential there.
  • Not mine- I just found it. Pretty well done I think!

386352cc38ab39454299d34856eccdf7-d4l5aqb.jpg
    Oh, what could have been...
    Nice job @QBranch
    QBranch wrote:
    Here's some alternate genre posters I made in September last year when I was watching a lot of noir and grindhouse films. TBH I lost interest in the posters (what with all the Skyfall buzz), but now I've made some slight improvements and finally got around to uploading them. Enjoy!

9219206345_d5b051bf10_o.png
    9219204551_6deea070c1_o.png
    9219207563_48d7f8e4f1_o.png

Also, very nice. Love these.
    Here you go @doubleoego
    1og8.png

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Not mine- I just found it. Pretty well done I think!

386352cc38ab39454299d34856eccdf7-d4l5aqb.jpg

WOW!
  • Hi guys, new to the community. I just finished up my Roger Moore poster series. Check them out at http://limerind.deviantart.com/ or they'll be up for sale at http://society6.com/boojtastic shortly. Lazenby and Connery to come (new styles)

live_and_let_die_by_limerind-d6ybu8f.png
    the_man_with_the_golden_gun_by_limerind-d6yg50k.png
    the_spy_who_loved_me_by_limerind-d6yk5ri.png
    moonraker_by_limerind-d6yk4ap.png
    for_your_eyes_only_by_limerind-d6yg2ng.png
    octopussy_by_limerind-d6ybubd.png
    a_view_to_a_kill_by_limerind-d6ybtva.png
    @limerind, fantastic work! You just earned yourself another deviantwatcher.
  • @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 thank you so much for the warm welcome. I really appreciate all the love on deviantart.
    limerind wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 thank you so much for the warm welcome. I really appreciate all the love on deviantart.

No problem at all. Keep up the great work.

• http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2863/10285023425_b67ed4fa36_o.jpg

It looks like Bond just got caught taking a piss. :-o

edited December 2013 Posts: 13,936
    Those are really good, @limerind. Welcome to the forum!
  • Thanks @QBranch and @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 for the feedback. I did Moore. Connery's still in the works. In the meantime, have some Lazenby: (as an aside, I'm toying around with new fonts, but thought i might see how you guys liked it.)

my other stuff: limerind.deviantart.com or society6.com/boojtastic

5288880_8591841_b.jpg
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 170
    Nice @limerind greatwork