Damian Lewis is open to the idea of taking over from Craig

2»

Comments

• While I'm not sure about a ginger Bond, Lewis is a fine actor, and had he been cast at the right age I really think he could've been good in the role. He'll be too old by the time Craig retires though.
  • Not going to doubt he's a fine actor (Band of Brothers and Homeland are two of my favourites), but i'm currently listening to Diamonds Are Forever audio book and he sounds like David Attenborough, just doesn't seem to naturally ooze coolness, something which Daniel Craig (surprisingly) does very naturally (like Steve MacQueen).
  • webside80 wrote:
    Not going to doubt he's a fine actor (Band of Brothers and Homeland are two of my favourites), but i'm currently listening to Diamonds Are Forever audio book and he sounds like David Attenborough, just doesn't seem to naturally ooze coolness, something which Daniel Craig (surprisingly) does very naturally (like Steve MacQueen).

I actually think he is a decent actor and could pull off the more caddish aspects of the character in a much more natural way than Craig who seems a bit forced when trying to flirt with the ladies but he will never be Bond, he's probably a similar age to DC?
    Being known as some ridiculous DC creature, I nevertheless tried very hard to find anything even remotely attractive in him. I couldn't and hence wonder, that people actually take this seriously. I haven't seen him in anything, but watched some YT stuff and ...no. Nice but...Bond material? (apart from age) Not in a million years. Even Dalton is better looking or more appropriate for the role.

*off to dig some deep hole*
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    actonsteve wrote:
    He'd have to dye his ginger hair. He might play a member of MI6 though. A traitor or the like?

No outrage at this being "gingerist"?

Seemingly not. Yet say there shouldn't be a black Bond and the PC crew are straight down your throat for being racist yet I'm unable to detect an intrinsic difference between the colour of your hair and the colour of your skin.

Being ginger is like being Welsh and hearing jokes about sheepshaghing - it's just hilarious banter and not racist in any way apparently.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    actonsteve wrote:
    He'd have to dye his ginger hair. He might play a member of MI6 though. A traitor or the like?

No outrage at this being "gingerist"?

I'm technically a redhead and I don't find it offensive at all, I have no problem with the word ginger either. Regarding Damian Lewis, really nice actor but Bond? Not in a million years.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I'm blonde but have always liked red hair on gents. No problem with that.
    But overall, I do not see him as Bond.
  • don't know this guy; he's not popular in my country. don't like him either as Bond based on looks alone.
    im sorry but No dear god no

it should be Fassbender atleast he looks more Bond than this guy
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Wow. I've never really understood the level of hate ginger people attract. If a ginger haired person drums up this amount of opposition, God only knows what would happen if they ever cast a black actor as Bond. That being said, the suggestion of a black Bond has been met with less animosity than the suggestion of a ginger Bond. The world we live in for all its faults is at least a very interesting place.
    I don't hate ginger people, but I don't see one as being Bond. That said, a ginger Bond villain would be a return to Fleming. But not Toby Stephens. Someone like say Brendan Gleeson.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    He's already 42, and by the time Craig finishes with the role, he will be close to 50. It'll never happen.
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    I have nothing against gingers, so setting his complexion aside, that dude's got some ego if he thinks he looks anything like a James Bond.

Some thoughts on the g-word
  • doubleoego wrote:
    Wow. I've never really understood the level of hate ginger people attract. If a ginger haired person drums up this amount of opposition, God only knows what would happen if they ever cast a black actor as Bond. That being said, the suggestion of a black Bond has been met with less animosity than the suggestion of a ginger Bond. The world we live in for all its faults is at least a very interesting place.

Bond would go tits over tea cups.

Great actor. Totally wrong for Bond and too old.
  • He's ginger and that's so wrong in every way.
    He's ginger and that's so wrong in every way.

So is your post!