Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I read yesterday that GTA V has multiple endings.

Is that so? Interesting. I wonder how you get to come about them. Maybe it's based off of which character you end the game with or something.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,351
    The online won't be released until two weeks after the game is out in order to "get people used to the world", Rockstar say. What do we make of that?
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The online won't be released until two weeks after the game is out in order to "get people used to the world", Rockstar say. What do we make of that?

Doesn't bother me. I always like to complete the story mode before I tackle multiplayer.
    IV had multiple endings as well, though I don't think the way they were implemented was well-done. I feel like the Deal ending where Roman dies was the "true" ending because you face Dimitri at the end and you lose the most important character in Niko's life, but the missions were so shit and boring. On the other hand, the Revenge ending is a stretch for me seeing as you lose Kate, who is basically insignificant, and yet Niko is as heartbroken as he is in the Deal ending and you face off with Pegorino who I find makes a very poor antagonist. But then the missions in that ending were so much better, so much more fun. If V has multiple endings, I hope they're all good.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    When I played GTA IV Kate died, which I was pretty happy about because I liked Roman and couldn't give a toss about her.
    Samuel001 wrote:

I'm alright with this, although I probably won't have finished the campaign by then anyway.
    When I played GTA IV Kate died, which I was pretty happy about because I liked Roman and couldn't give a toss about her.

Well of course. But that's the issue. The game tries to give her death emotional impact when most people played through it completely ignoring her up to that point. Since GTA IV is essentially a commentary on the tragedy of the American Dream, I find Roman's death to be much more poignant, he being half the reason Niko even came to the United States in the first place. The very person Niko got into all the crime and money for, the whole reason he risked his life in exchange for fast cars and luxury aparments in Middle Park, gunned down by the one enemy Niko decided not to kill. It's much more powerful.
    I can think of only a couple of instances where a death in a video game has actually made me sad.

Actually most of the deaths in The Walking Dead had some kind of impact on me. Whether I was happy (Larry the racist), or sad (Lee, Ben, Kenny's wife, Kenny's son, Kenny).
    I'm fine with GTA V's online being delayed two weeks. Gives me ample time to get used to the city, vehicles, locations, etc. Plus, I don't have to work the week it comes out until that weekend, so I'll have three straight days with nothing but that game going on.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Actually most of the deaths in The Walking Dead had some kind of impact on me. Whether I was happy (Larry the racist), or sad (Lee, Ben, Kenny's wife, Kenny's son, Kenny).

Kenny might be alive.
    All of the special DLC for the special and collector's editions of 'GTA V' is unveiled:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15932-Here-s-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-s-Special-and-Collector-s-Edition-DLC.html
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    As cool as it sounds to be able to play as Claude in the online, I think Niko could have been left out.
    As cool as it sounds to be able to play as Claude in the online, I think Niko could have been left out.

The way I read it, you don't get to use Claude or Misty, but instead, you can just use their face mapping to look like their offspring, not them, exactly. I would love being able to play as Claude, but that and the money bag the Collector's Edition comes with is not worth bumping up from my Special Edition. $70 increase for that stupid 'gangsta' hat.
    Creasy47 wrote:

The way I read it, you don't get to use Claude or Misty, but instead, you can just use their face mapping to look like their offspring, not them, exactly. I would love being able to play as Claude, but that and the money bag the Collector's Edition comes with is not worth bumping up from my Special Edition. $70 increase for that stupid 'gangsta' hat.

This now sounds even worse.

That looks ridiculously fun!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm so excited for 'The Division.' Just when I think about how much I'm looking forward to the 2013 XB1 release titles, I realize how many more games are coming out in 2014 that look just as amazing, like this, a new 'Minecraft,' 'Destiny,' 'Titanfall' could be fun, etc.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm so excited for 'The Division.' Just when I think about how much I'm looking forward to the 2013 XB1 release titles, I realize how many more games are coming out in 2014 that look just as amazing, like this, a new 'Minecraft,' 'Destiny,' 'Titanfall' could be fun, etc.
    It's just amazing to me to see all that game engines can do nowadays, when just a few short years ago things like what we are seeing now weren't possible.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, and to think how games are going to look 20 to 50 years from now. It's amazing. I know most of the people on here aren't Xbox fans, but the Cloud power on the XB1 is going to make endless possibilities. Even looking at 'Dead Rising 3,' the amount of zombies they'll allow on screen with Cloud enabled is going to be so unbelievable.
    edited August 2013 Posts: 28,694

It's not the main reason I'm skipping out on it, but I just read that 'AC IV' will have optional objectives, so I'll most certainly be passing on the game. The completionist in me cannot handle that kind of stress again. It's exhausting.
    Matt wrote:

That looks ridiculously fun!

As if all the fun stuff you can do gameplay wise wasn't enough, Edward also seems to be a really cool character. I can't wait.
    Nintendo announces a Wii U price drop, and talks about a bundle:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=108265
    How has nobody posted this yet?

The official trailer for GTA V:
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396
    I saw it when it was launched yesterday. Completely slipped my mind to post it X_X
    edited August 2013 Posts: 40,641
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I left a link about it, but nobody replied. That trailer was probably my least favorite out of all of them.

'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag' trailer introduces the actors:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15988-Assassin-s-Creed-IV--Black-Flag-Trailer-Introduces-the-Actors.html
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I left a link about it, but nobody replied. That trailer was probably my least favorite out of all of them.

It was rather "meh", but at this point I am already about to explode with the years of anticipation I have had for this game, so one rather substandard trailer doesn't bother me.
    Creasy47 wrote:

It was rather "meh", but at this point I am already about to explode with the years of anticipation I have had for this game, so one rather substandard trailer doesn't bother me.

Same here. It doesn't make me any less excited, but still.