"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• 001 wrote:
    Luis Suarez is considering legal action in a bid to resolve his dispute with Liverpool and force through an exit.

Stuff him.....

liverpool want to sell but not to another pl team....and certainly not for 40 million and 1 pound...

i hope the bale thing falls through and real pick up luis - get rid id say.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Spurs have taken Bale off their twitter page. Might not mean anything, but they've also removed Dempsey...
  • Bale should be allowed to go play for a bigger club (Real) if the money is right. He gets a dream move and Spurs get a huge amount of money, surely everyone's a winner. As for Suarez, any club willing to pay in excess of £40 mil for that self serving nutter must need their heads examined!!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-stewart-downing-linked-with-5m-switch-from-liverpool-to-newcastle-8748467.html

Dear Baby Jesus - if this goes through I promise I will believe in you and go to church every week.

Presumably the 5m refers to how much we have to pay Newcastle to take him off our hands.
  • RikRik Southend
    I personally am looking forward to a good season for West Ham, I'm predicting a 8th place finish
  • RikRik Southend
    For those of you that like Fantasy Football.

Come and join my leagues: The first is at http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/18180/join/?autojoin-code=60725-18180

The second is at dreamteamfc.com

League Pin: 8013140 Password: 54321

You have until Friday to get your teams in.

I look forward to beating you all.
    I expect the way Levy sees it is if Real are mad enough to offer £86 million for Bale then they'll certainly be prepared to pay £100. I think this deal will get done but probably not until the transfer winder draws to a close. It's a matter of who blinks first, Levy or Perez.
  • Now that Suarez has found out to be liar....what next for him...flog him in the jan window transfer? Or sell him plus Benizmar now?

Monaco could have him as well...Falco went there for money I see Suarez in the same mould...

But in a world cup year you've got to be playing haven't you?

But in a world cup year you've got to be playing haven't you?

This a point that is being overlooked. We just need to say 'you ain't going nowhere son and if you decide to sulk about it you can just rot in the reserves like Winston Bogarde. No ones taking a bloke who hasn't played a serious match for a year to the World Cup.'

Cut a deal that if he helps us get 4th he can go in the summer. Otherwise he can just watch his career drift away with the kids.
    Speaking of the world cup, how does everyone feel about this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23351824

I think if a country doesn't have the right conditions to host it in the summer then it shouldn't be eligible to bid end of.

But there's nothing we can do about the location now so the players should just have to put up with the heat as far as I'm concerned. Moving it to the winter would be a terrible move.
    Complete bullshit.

Some countries just don't have the right climate and there it is. It's harsh but if you're hitting 50 in the shade you can't host the World Cup sorry. It's the same as awarding us the Winter Olympics - although to be fair in Sepp world not having any snow is something that can be overlooked as long as you slip him enough cash.

The main European leagues have got to show some guts and just say we're not having it. The premier league, Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga have more than FIFA if they stuck together.

At the end of the day what do FIFA do? Just pick balls out of a hat for the World Cup and embezzle money coming into the game. If the main associations in Europe and South America said they are going to form a breakaway World Cup what could they do? Bleat and whine for sure but at the end of the day no one is going to watch the FIFA World Cup if it was New Zealand v Burma in Qatar.

These people don't own the game remember they merely took it from us by chicanery and in many cases outright criminality.

I recommend this book which shows how FIFA are the most corrupt organisation outside the Vatican: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/178033401X
    What it proves is the high levels of corruption that exist within FIFA. The only plausible conclusion that can be reached when discussing the viability of awarding the 2022 World Cup to Qatar is that it was a decision based on huge sums of money exchanging hands.

How anyone can say otherwise is beyond me. Why did FIFA not make any mention of their concerns during the bidding process regarding the extreme temperatures, which Qatar face in the summer? Did no one really bother to check whether it would be viable to host a summer tournament in a country where temperatures can reach 50 degrees and above?

FIFA's stance on moving the 2022 tournament to the winter completely undermines the bidding process. All prospective hosts submitted their tenures based on staging the World Cup in the summer. If Qatar cannot accomplish this, then they should be stripped of the right to hold it.

Of course this will never happen as it would mean a great number of FIFA Executives would presumably have to hand back their 'brown envelopes'.

I'd like to think the English FA and the governing FA's from other nations will remain opposed to any possible switch from summer to winter, but given Greg Dyke's recent comments, it looks as though they'll bend over to accommodate FIFA's demands.
  • RC7RC7
    It's starting to turn into a complete shambles.

Qatar should NEVER have been awarded it in the first place. This whole 'we're taking football to the world' sentiment is complete horseshit. The international footballing associations should club together and boycott the whole bloody thing.

As for Russia in 18, unless they get their house in order they should be stripped of it as well. A nation with such an abysmal and worsening stance on gay rights, shouldn't be holding the biggest sporting event on the planet.
    Agreed @RC7. Of course it'll never happen as huge pots of cash always takes precedence over civil rights!
    brighting the mood alittle ...... next round of europa cup and man u next week :>
    edited August 2013 Posts: 9,117
    Can I just state for the record that I f**king despise the England band.

How is endlessly playing Seven Nation Army supposed to invoke the spirit of 66 when we are 1-0 to the auld enemy?

W**kers.
    2-2!
    Can I just state for the record that I f**king despise the England band.

How is endlessly playing Seven Nation Army supposed to invoke the spirit of 66 when we are 1-0 to the auld enemy?

W**kers.

Couldn't agree with you more. If I hear The Great Escape one more time, I'm putting my foot through the telly!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    So, we're winning now, 3-2 with only 11 minutes to go...
    Debuts don't get much better than Lambert's :-)
    Never in doubt.

I reckon we can go and win it.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Yeah we certainly look world beaters tonight against the mighty Scots(!) Good to see Rooney living up to his status as "world class" again... 8-|
    Yeah we certainly look world beaters tonight against the mighty Scots(!) Good to see Rooney living up to his status as "world class" again... 8-|

Lol.

Christ we're woeful. That Zaha hasn't even played a single PL game but just help yourself to an England cap son.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,350
    We won. :-& I can't believe England won a match. Wow!
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396

Lol.

Christ we're woeful. That Zaha hasn't even played a single PL game but just help yourself to an England cap son.

What was all that bullshit attempt at 'skills' by the Ox towards the end there. Oi son, you're not Brazilian. You're not that good!

What's the betting Lambert still won't feature in our next qualifier, save for the last ten minutes maybe!
    I like the way Gareth Southgate has to stand down by the dugout because Moyes has nicked his chair.
    I like the way Gareth Southgate has to stand down by the dugout because Moyes has nicked his chair.

:))
    Cretinous Woy smugly looking like he had it all under control the whole time.

You've got out of jail there against a side who are ranked somewhere between The Cook Islands and Guatemala don't smirk at the camera like everything's rosy you moron.
    He won't be smiling once we've failed to qualify next year!