"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

RogueAgent wrote:
    Nice one Norwich City! A 3rd Premiership avdenture in the offing! <:-P

Well done Chris and co...top manager.

Did anyone see the last 1 minute of the Watford Leiceter semi. That's proper proper football. And good ridence to Mancini...
    RogueAgent wrote:
    2 things!
    First of all, love or hate him? Happy retirement Sir Alex! Without a doubt the best ever club manager i have ever known!
    Secondly, wherever you are Largo? Thank you and Swansea for throwing us a lifeline by beating Wigan! <:-P Now all i need is for my boys to man up and show up when we play the Baggies on sunday! And the Gooners to beat Wigan on tuesday! [-O<

Not aproblem - even though we were bad, sorry worse than that !!
    Looking orward to locking horns with Norwich next season
    Hope and prey that Cardiff go straight back down again
    largo2 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    2 things!
    First of all, love or hate him? Happy retirement Sir Alex! Without a doubt the best ever club manager i have ever known!
    Secondly, wherever you are Largo? Thank you and Swansea for throwing us a lifeline by beating Wigan! <:-P Now all i need is for my boys to man up and show up when we play the Baggies on sunday! And the Gooners to beat Wigan on tuesday! [-O<

Not aproblem - even though we were bad, sorry worse than that !!
    Looking orward to locking horns with Norwich next season
    Hope and prey that Cardiff go straight back down again

Yep! It will all be good fun again! :-SS lol
    Wigan going daaaaaaaaaaan.
    For once i can watch my boys completely relaxed this sunday! :))
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    10 mins before the end JT was wearing a suit but appears on the field in his full kit (yep shin pads too!). He must have ducked out at the final whistle along with the bloke who ties the ribbons on.

What a shameless prick the guy is.

If the ungrateful twats don't want him we can shunt Brendan off to Everton and bring Rafa home. No other world class manager would touch us but there's one there who would stay with us for life. Legend.
    Man city might go for rafa after chelsea won the europa cup.
    He did great things with us in europe as well.
    001 wrote:
    Man city might go for rafa after chelsea won the europa cup.
    He did great things with us in europe as well.

Man City not that bright. With Fergie gone its a slam dunk to sew up the league for the next 5 years if they just give Jose a blank cheque. What's Pellegrini ever won? Are they really trying to be the biggest club in the land or are they just playing at it?

Say what you like about Romans policy but Avram and Di Matteo aside he generally only hires blokes who've been there and done it.
    Rafa has got to come back...he's a winner unlike Brendon
    Ha ha ha who r ya? Spurs u are a small club, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

West Brom game omg 5-5 against United....cracking game.
    Classic Spurs.

Well done Arsenal another 4th place for the trophy cabinet. Get it again next year and they let you keep it.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 2,782
    Bale to Utd...Michu to Chelsea with his manager, Marino to city, Rafa to the Swans, Harry to Everton with Stubbs?

Avbullshit to the Ukraine.
    Rock on the Canaries!!!! Certainly didn't see that coming! Time for a celebration perhaps! <:-P
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    We are HULL CITY and we are PREMIER LEAGUE and we are PREMIER LEAGUE I SAY!
    Here we go again ...... every close of season the media hype starts and people get itchy feet, lets hope Laudrup stays for the trip to europe
    The transfer window only just opened but our season will be over the moment Suarez puts pen to paper for someone else.

You wouldn't mind a bit of loyalty given the way we've stood behind him but to be fair to the bloke can you really expect him to let his career peter out alongside Stewart Downing?

He's our only world class player and without him all hope of 4th is gone before we start. Even if we get 60, 70 or 80m for him it's irrelevant as which world class striker will sign for us?

We're shopping at the Darren Bent/Jermaine Defoe end of the market. Best we can hope for is Europa League unless Stevie has one last epic season left in him...?
  • The transfer window only just opened but our season will be over the moment Suarez puts pen to paper for someone else.

You wouldn't mind a bit of loyalty given the way we've stood behind him but to be fair to the bloke can you really expect him to let his career peter out alongside Stewart Downing?

He's our only world class player and without him all hope of 4th is gone before we start. Even if we get 60, 70 or 80m for him it's irrelevant as which world class striker will sign for us?

We're shopping at the Darren Bent/Jermaine Defoe end of the market. Best we can hope for is Europa League unless Stevie has one last epic season left in him...?

I reckon we will have the othe Villa Striker otherwise we are buggered. And don't forget Caroll wants to come back...and we should keep him because he wants to play for Liverpool, that's good enough or me.
    The transfer window only just opened but our season will be over the moment Suarez puts pen to paper for someone else.

You should sign Totti or Heskey! We are getting Figeuroa?
    edited June 2013 Posts: 9,117

I reckon we will have the othe Villa Striker otherwise we are buggered. And don't forget Caroll wants to come back...and we should keep him because he wants to play for Liverpool, that's good enough or me.

No way Benteke will come to us. No one with ambition will.

Caroll? Well according to Brendan we are so packed with quality up front he's surplus to requirements. Borini to lead the line next season! Championship here we come.

You should sign Totti or Heskey! We are getting Figeuroa?

Maybe you are joking but my faith in Brendans transfer nous means I wouldnt at all be surprised.

No way Benteke will come to us. No one with ambition will.

Caroll? Well according to Brendan we are so packed with quality up front he's surplus to requirements. Borini to lead the line next season! Championship here we come.

Liverpool haven't got the quality they used to have their more of a Championship team now and your lucky if you get someone from a big team they need to up it a bit more and no way was Kuyt worth 1 million at least 15 million and Rodriguez for free :( Shelvey's going for 8 million and Reina is going for about 15 million to Barcelona or Arsenal.
    Always a free for all! I know this sounds mad seeing the season has only just ended? But I do believe the new fixture season is due out in the next couple of weeks I think?
    edited June 2013 Posts: 496
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Always a free for all! I know this sounds mad seeing the season has only just ended? But I do believe the new fixture season is due out in the next couple of weeks I think?
    Yes it is 19th June 405 9 am I think.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Cool! Thanks for the date as I had no idea??!!! :))

Yes if you have sky it's on sky sports channel 405 I think its right you'll have to check.
    Cool! Thanks for the date as I had no idea??!!! :))
  • Fellanni to Arsenal
    Fellanni to Arsenal
    And he scored for Belgium tonight!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Liverpool haven't got the quality they used to have their more of a Championship team now and your lucky if you get someone from a big team they need to up it a bit more and no way was Kuyt worth 1 million at least 15 million and Rodriguez for free :( Shelvey's going for 8 million and Reina is going for about 15 million to Barcelona or Arsenal.

:))
    =))
    Sorry, to call Liverpool a Championship team is highly amusing. Especially coming from a Hull fan.
    Very excited for next seasons Premier League.
    Chelsea, United, City and Everton all with new managers. I can see (and hope) that it's going to be alot of fun to watch.
    With José Mourinho back at Chelsea I have alot of faith that the ship will be steered in the right direction. But he does have his own shoes to fill, after the work he achieved in '04-'07 having the 'special one' back gives me hope.
    Liverpool signed 2 excellent players in coutinho and sturridge who are match winners late last season.2 similar signings would be great.
    Higuan or lemandowski would be great but i think unlikely.
    We have a lot of young promising players who should get a chance this season such as coates,martin kelly,wisdom,Flanagan who can take the next step.
    001 wrote:
    Liverpool signed 2 excellent players in coutinho and sturridge who are match winners late last season.2 similar signings would be great.
    Higuan or lemandowski would be great but i think unlikely.
    We have a lot of young promising players who should get a chance this season such as coates,martin kelly,wisdom,Flanagan who can take the next step.

Yes Coutinho and Sturridge are class @Benny well excited for next season we are the Tigers and we are staying up! We'll pounce on you and rip teams to little shreds because we are the one and only mighty TIGERS! :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Football is dreary - overpaid idiots and over here. It's a disgrace how much money these players are paid in a week when compared with the pay of the common man. Will anything ever be done to redress the balance? I can't see it, really.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Football is dreary - overpaid idiots and over here. It's a disgrace how much money these players are paid in a week when compared with the pay of the common man. Will anything ever be done to redress the balance? I can't see it, really.

What are you American? Or English I think they get payed too much like Yaya Toure gets paid like 200k a week! He's either not in the squad at all or is an unused sub.