"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited August 2013 Posts: 17,911
    I find that defender wiping his arse with £20's disgusting as well. But that is just the behaviour of a crass individual and there are plenty of those in all walks of life.

There are people I work with who I find crass and uncouth but if someone used their antics as an excuse to cut my wages because we must all be the same then I would tell them where to go. For every guy like that there is a guy like Paul Scholes who just goes home to his family in the evening.

Football clubs are massive global entities raking in hundreds of millions a year. Seeing as there are only 20 or so employees in their organisation who are directly responsible for generating that wealth shouldnt they be handsomely rewarded?

Yes its depressing that chavs like Rooney earn more in a couple of months than I will in my lifetime but thats society's fault for keeping coughing up their Sky money. If you were lucky enough to be born with the talent to kick a ball would you be campaigning for a decent wage for footballers comparable with the man in the street or would you be banking the cheque and driving away in your Bentley? So lets ease off with the faux outrage old man.

Footballers are the same as bankers - they are hated based on envy but the people who pay them are running a business and if they could get results by paying someone else less they would so as far as they are concerned these people are worth it.

My advice if you dont like it is to try and find a job that society deems should be paid an outrageous amount of money or instigate a Bolshevik revolution so everyone can be brought down to the lowest common denominator.

More on topic - wasnt that a turgid load of dross last night?

Well, I'm no Bolshevik, Ice, so I'll have to agree with you on this. Just my little rant - it was good to get it off my chest all the same! Again, it comes down to dear old capitalism and market forces. You are of course right.
  • Come on you Saints!!! 5-1!!!
    Liverpool fans can breathe again. They have their 2 goal lead back to lead 4-2 in extra time
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Liverpool fans can breathe again. They have their 2 goal lead back to lead 4-2 in extra time

Why is he playing Sturridge from the start when we have the scum in 4 days?

This tin pot trophy doesnt matter!!! We have 38 games only to worry about this season and we dont need distractions like this shite. If we treat every league game like a cup final then we are in with a real shout at 4th but not if some lower league clogger goes through the back of Sturridge or Coutinho while they are playing in this meaningless garbage.

Good practice game for us. :) Good hitout for the man u game.
    Well done Arsenal for taking out the Turkish side and welcome to the Champions League. Now buy some decent player extra.
    Is the next round of the Capital One cup made tonight?
    Yes it is
    Will tune in to 5 live then! Cheers WillyGalore!
  • Liverpool v moyes in the league cup...easy win for the mighty pool.
    Some cracking ties in that draw. Anyone think Moyes and Rodgers will play their reserves for this one? ;-)
  • RC7RC7
    Liverpool v moyes in the league cup...easy win for the mighty pool.

As long as we destroy you on Sunday, you can have the Capital One.
  • RC7 wrote:

Pah..Moyes can't do it....3-1 to the mighty Liverpool and we'll score all the goals as well.

• RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote:

Pah..Moyes can't do it....3-1 to the mighty Liverpool and we'll score all the goals as well.

I'm sure you'll give us a good game, but given you beat us 4-1 and still choked, the jury is out on your season still.
  • Pah the only choking is Rooney on moyes' appendage...and eating humble pie. The only reason u didn't score against chelski wa he Rooney was given free reign to be the 'main man' and ur naff girlie team suffered. Get rid and watch Van the Man flourish...

That makes it 3 el classicos for the year. :)

Certainly are some cracking ties there! Would still sooner have premier league safety though any day!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    David Beckham. Need I say more?
    Come on Norwich!!!! Need 3 points today!!!! ~X( lol!
    Nice one boys! That was a must 3 points we got today against the saints. Even though there is still 35 games to go! :)) Then again? Make that 31 because of our last 4 game run in! X_X lol!
  • RC7RC7
    Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 2,782
    Because I'm the hero Liverpool deserves, but not the one it needs right now - Oh yes it's not Suarez its the mighty Sturridge.

Top of the league for now. Wink.
    Nice to watch the Liverpool/Utd as a neutral the pub today. Have to say I thought Liverpool rattled them to be honest and got the job done. They just looked far more up for it from the beginning.
  • The Bale saga is finally over. £85mil. Wouldn't mind a slice of that! ;-) Judging by the NLD today, Spurs really could have done with Bale playing.
  • Good luck to him. Great player who seems like a nice down to earth bloke too.

Burnt out in two years...he hasnt the intelligence to live a superstar life in Spain...

The mighty pool keep Moyes' record at Anfeld intact ha ha ha....bring on Swansea.
  • Moyes is destined to never win at Anfield isn't he. Their fans should be dead worried if they don't make some decent signings before 11pm tomorrow. And I don't think Fellani is the answer either!

Burnt out in two years...he hasnt the intelligence to live a superstar life in Spain...

He's learning Spanish apparently.

I think he'll do alright. And if nothing else he'll make lots of money while he's there.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 2,782
    Good luck to him. Great player who seems like a nice down to earth bloke too.

He's learning Spanish apparently.

I think he'll do alright. And if nothing else he'll make lots of money while he's there.

Hola Coke a Cola

And what's pass me the ball ronaldo u greasy greedy sod in Spanish?
    Great to see Liverpool on top of the EPL table.
    I wonder how many points we will the title by? :)