James Bond Experience Theme Park

edited August 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 12
So I had an awesome dream 8-1-2013 just so it's documented on the interwebs of an amazing new theme park for James Bond Fans.

It would look something likevalencia-spain.jpg

This museum in Spain mixed with Stromberg's underwater Atlantis lair /base popping up out of the water.
strongberglair.jpg

This mini-park would have all the cool Gadgets from all the movies on display and more from real spy history like the international spy museum.

But it will have more for us Spy fans like:

1. Stunt Driving Experience -either ride along or learn to drive real BMW's (nobody is going to give us Aston Martins)
2. Indoor Sky Diving or Real Sky Diving
3. Indoor Surfing with Green Screen of Die Another Day waves
4. Indoor Skiing like in Dubai (if you want to go crazy $$$)
5. Gun Range where you can fire all the Bond guns over the history of the series - with or without Silencer (suppressor)
6. Massive Gift Shop of all things Bond - books, toys, hard to find collectibles for resale like vintage stuff, replica props.
7. 2 iMax Movie theaters that play all the Bond films remastered in Digital HD and why not James Bond in 3D for evening showings each night.
8. Display all old movie props and any miniature sets still around
9. Q-Branch Lab of all Gadgets being built for next movie.
10. Bond fashion dresses on display (Something for the wives to go to)
11. Spy School for the young Bond fans
12. Covert Ops Training like Mi6 would provide for adults on double back techniques, debugging a hotel room or bugging one ;)

Now all we have to do is:

1. Get permission from the kind folks at (Insert name of company who owns rights to all Bond things) (Danjaq? Broccoli's?)
2. Get some land for the 3 worldwide locations in London, Bahamas, and Orlando
3. Go to Kickstarter, raise a ton of ca$h
4. Find Golden shovel
5. Start building!

Who's with me?
or What did I leave out?

Cheers,

Matthew Rings
CEO & Founder DBL07 Consulting Web Design Columbia SC

Comments

You could call it: 'You Only Spam Twice'
    Why do you have to be so negative Mrs Galore?
  • Willy this obviously isn't spam, so butt the hell out. This is a fantastic idea.. What's the price of admission?
    Willy this obviously isn't spam, so butt the hell out. This is a fantastic idea.. What's the price of admission?

Please tell me you're joking? You want to know what the price of admission is for a theme park he dreamed up last night?
    X_X
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Willy this obviously isn't spam, so butt the hell out. This is a fantastic idea.. What's the price of admission?

Please tell me you're joking? You want to know what the price of admission is for a theme park he dreamed up last night?
    X_X

:))
    @dragonpol It's not just me then that thinks this whole topic is the most ludicrous thing I've ever read?

Yes, nothing like a spot of casual sexism thrown in for good measure =))
    Willy the dresses were for you since you are obviously a puff who likes to cross dress. Why else would you name yourself a Male Reproductive organ mixed with a lesbian Bond girl "WillyGalore" Is a fabulous screen name. So your welcome!

Anyway, it was a good idea, I thought this was a friendly forum to share it with, but I'm sadly mistaken.
    And btw I'm not a Spamer. Or I'm am I an Evil Spamer because I joined in July 2011 and I've been waiting all this time to quit my job start my own business and put one link to it on a British Based website that has no link to my clients? Wow you got me! About
    Username
    DBL07
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited August 2013 Posts: 2,044
    DBL07 wrote:
    And btw I'm not a Spamer. Or I'm am I an Evil Spamer because I joined in July 2011 and I've been waiting all this time to quit my job start my own business and put one link to it on a British Based website that has no link to my clients? Wow you got me! About
    Username
    DBL07

This is MI6, where everyone who has something different to offer get's called "spammers" or "trolls". It is tiring to read.

A cool idea, but unfortunaly not something that could become reality. The market is to small for something like this.
    Willy, I usually have a lot of respect for you but the way you've acted on here's made me lose some. This isn't spam, it's a novel little idea and an entertaining thing to think of.

Great topic. Get me a VIP pass if it opens? ;)
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Can we just make this a discussion about seriously considering a James Bond theme park/center if it somehow could happen?

Some realistic expectations:
    A museum for the movies (i.e. set design, models, etc.)

A museum for real spy tech, gear, and techniques

A theater that plays a rotation of all 23 films (FRWL all day one day, CR the next, etc.)

A 'Bond Behind The Wheel' simulator you sit in as if driving in a car chase that pivots, spins, etc.

A laser tag course on a set designed by Ken Adam (preferably Fort Knox)

A bungie jump off of a "crane" on the roof

A 'rock climb' on the exterior of the building as the entrance to a Scaramanga fun house maze at the top

An indoor skydiving set up

An arcade with all James Bond games, including Goldeneye 64 (which the entrance is the 'moon landing set' and there are astronaut actors you interrupt when walking in

A real bar with martinis always on special

Perhaps even a gun range allowing you to shoot the guns of the Bond movies (with trained professionals of course)

I vow that, if I ever come it to large amounts of money, I will work as hard as I can to invest and convince Eon to create a center in London for something like this.

Maybe some are skeptical with new participants or unrecognized names, but it's not always a green light for misbehavior or wrongful intentions. I think what DBLO7 has presented here is an interesting concept, but there's a whole lot of difference between dreams and reality

The scope there to actually present something is immense, and with James Bond a global name, it could be as big a hit as Niagra Falls for example and could present itself as one great extravaganza but as the author did so himself, at this moment in time, we can but dream. It would have to include a cable-car ride, naturally, or even a volcano base, or Scaramanga type fun house etc. You get the idea, it would be an immense and fascinating project, but have to realize this may not even occur in some of our lifetimes
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 2,015
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Can we just make this a discussion about seriously considering a James Bond theme park/center if it somehow could happen?
    An evolved green screen zone in which you can play a part in some classic Bond scenes (the camera would then move according to the camera motion of the scene). You're just sitting in a green chair, in front of a green table, the camera shots your hands and move up, and you are incrusted in that Bond, James Bond scene from Dr No, Sean Connery being digitally erased to leave room for you. Then if you like the result you leave the park with a 10$,20$ DVD with your performance. Or maybe you could have a "fight" with your son on top of that Skyfall train thanks to some green screen and a huge fan to create the wind... Etc.

I worked once for a company who made a "magic mirror" for kids in which they had a virtual animated Sorting Hat on their head to play the Harry Potter scene. It was for a release of one of the later books in France and then in an Eastern Europe country. The queue were huge in both cases. We "forgot" to put an hack to force Griffyndor instead of the random choices so some kids did the queue several times.
    Maybe some are skeptical with new participants or unrecognized names, but it's not always a green light for misbehavior or wrongful intentions.

IMO the cynical response he got were from people who probably never dreamt of being a CEO or even trying :) If CEOs are not enthusiasts and dreaming of the impossible, who will ?

JWESTBROOK wrote:

Some realistic expectations:
    A museum for the movies (i.e. set design, models, etc.)

A museum for real spy tech, gear, and techniques

A theater that plays a rotation of all 23 films (FRWL all day one day, CR the next, etc.)

A 'Bond Behind The Wheel' simulator you sit in as if driving in a car chase that pivots, spins, etc.

A laser tag course on a set designed by Ken Adam (preferably Fort Knox)

A bungie jump off of a "crane" on the roof

A 'rock climb' on the exterior of the building as the entrance to a Scaramanga fun house maze at the top

An indoor skydiving set up

An arcade with all James Bond games, including Goldeneye 64 (which the entrance is the 'moon landing set' and there are astronaut actors you interrupt when walking in

A real bar with martinis always on special

Perhaps even a gun range allowing you to shoot the guns of the Bond movies (with trained professionals of course)

I vow that, if I ever come it to large amounts of money, I will work as hard as I can to invest and convince Eon to create a center in London for something like this.

Thank you, that is all I was trying to say. When Skyfall came out I got together with some friends, we went to an indoor gun range before the movie shot a bunch of full auto guns and silenced .40 then went to watch the movie in iMax and it was a great time.

Ok, so now I have at least one backer. Thanks!
    Maybe some are skeptical with new participants or unrecognized names, but it's not always a green light for misbehavior or wrongful intentions. I think what DBLO7 has presented here is an interesting concept, but there's a whole lot of difference between dreams and reality

The scope there to actually present something is immense, and with James Bond a global name, it could be as big a hit as Niagra Falls for example and could present itself as one great extravaganza but as the author did so himself, at this moment in time, we can but dream. It would have to include a cable-car ride, naturally, or even a volcano base, or Scaramanga type fun house etc. You get the idea, it would be an immense and fascinating project, but have to realize this may not even occur in some of our lifetimes

NICE I forgot about the Scaramanga fun house!
  • 10. Bond fashion dresses on display (Something for the wives to go to)

(Something for the wives to go to)
    <font size=3>(Something for the wives to go to)</font>

:-S
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 24

X_X

He just gave us a page of details and You balk at me asking for one more? You're a moron, don't address me ever again. @MrBond is right, anyone with somethig different to say is labeled a ttroll. Not everyone is out to ruin your virgin paradise. Get over yourself and get with the times. The mods are responsible for this rude climate by letting it happen and emboldening members to jeer and catcall new and foreign users
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    DBL07 wrote:
    Willy the dresses were for you since you are obviously a puff who likes to cross dress. Why else would you name yourself a Male Reproductive organ mixed with a lesbian Bond girl "WillyGalore" Is a fabulous screen name. So your welcome!

Anyway, it was a good idea, I thought this was a friendly forum to share it with, but I'm sadly mistaken.

Well if the mods are watching DBL07 is clearly guilty of a homophobic insult (albeit with incorrect spelling) above so I wouldn't be averse to a ban.

The same for his odious chum BustedNRevealed. Not all new posters get lambasted. Willygalore himself only joined a few weeks ago but through intelligent and affable posts he was accepted immediately without question.

It's not how new you are it's what you post.

Anyway as for the idea, it has some merit and it would certainly have made money over the past 12 months but as a sound investment permanently I would be sceptical. We aren't always going to be surfing this wave of Bondmania.

However as for other attractions:

1. A TMWTGG car chase roller coaster with corkscrew loops (and staff dressed in comedy JW and Nick Nack suits while you are queuing).

2. A 'make your own gunbarrel' where you dress in a tux, do the walk and shoot and they superimpose a gunbarrel on it then you choose your preferred music and charge you £15 for a DVD of it.

edited August 2013 Posts: 17,816
    @dragonpol It's not just me then that thinks this whole topic is the most ludicrous thing I've ever read?

Yes, nothing like a spot of casual sexism thrown in for good measure =))

I agree, @WillyGalore. I've got your back. IFM as I said. This user has already made a name for himself through his flagrant self-promotion of his website (statutory mention) from his first posts here. It seems that this theme park only exists in his own imagination. Those that name call as has been done in this thread against @WillyGalore often aren't very happy in themselves to start with. It's a case of being a lot braver sitting behind a computer than one would actually be in real life. Anyway, I'm a literary Bond buff, not into this sort of thing, so pray disregard what I said and continue with your discussion preferably minus the trading of insults...
    DBL07 wrote:

Well if the mods are watching DBL07 is clearly guilty of a homophobic insult (albeit with incorrect spelling) above so I wouldn't be averse to a ban.

The same for his odious chum BustedNRevealed. Not all new posters get lambasted. Willygalore himself only joined a few weeks ago but through intelligent and affable posts he was accepted immediately without question.

It's not how new you are it's what you post.

Anyway as for the idea, it has some merit and it would certainly have made money over the past 12 months but as a sound investment permanently I would be sceptical. We aren't always going to be surfing this wave of Bondmania.

However as for other attractions:

1. A TMWTGG car chase roller coaster with corkscrew loops (and staff dressed in comedy JW and Nick Nack suits while you are queuing).

2. A 'make your own gunbarrel' where you dress in a tux, do the walk and shoot and they superimpose a gunbarrel on it then you choose your preferred music and charge you £15 for a DVD of it.

Wise words from the Wizard there.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    ATTRACTIONS
    - 'Escape from Crab Key' (you must make your way through a pipe maze)
    - Scaramanga's fun house
    - DAD laser room (kind of like laser tag, but the room is your opponent)
    - GF's mechanical bull
    - TLD ferris wheel
    - tank simulator: get Ouromov!
    - MR shuttle simulator: shoot down the globes
    - skiing simulator
    - MR centrifuge chamber ride. WEEEEEE! Barf.

THEME PARK TRANSPORT
    - 'Orient Express' monorail (circles the park from above)

GROUND TRANSPORT
    - armoured missile train
    - MR vehicles (the ones seen in Drax' underground HQ in the Amazon)
    - Blofeld's monorail (the bubble-shaped one).
    - OP circus train
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    I think the theme park should have it's own Bond themed restaurant with Blofeld burgers, Fekkesh fries, Masterson milkshakes and of course a great big Die Another Day rubbish bin. ;)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    A Die Another Day Korean BBQ buffet - and when you leave you are handed a complimentary pair of hospital pants to walk around town in. Preferably to the nearest ritzy hotel. After showering in them to look convincingly soaking wet. For those discerning Bond fans who want to relive certain scenes. ;)
    A Die Another Day Korean BBQ buffet - and when you leave you are handed a complimentary pair of hospital pants to walk around town in. Preferably to the nearest ritzy hotel. After showering in them to look convincingly soaking wet. For those discerning Bond fans who want to relive certain scenes. ;)

I'm guessing you're an Alan Partridge Knowing Me, Knowing You fan then, @4EverBonded?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I've never seen Alan Partridge. I heard the name mentioned on this forum before; I don't know his shows or anything about him. I'm just a yank after all! :D
    I've never seen Alan Partridge. I heard the name mentioned on this forum before; I don't know his shows or anything about him. I'm just a yank after all! :D

Go out and get them immediately on DVD. Funniest thing on TV - subtle humour. Plus, he's got a film coming out too - Alpha Papa, in August, I believe.
  • RC7RC7

I was thinking more of this scene, with its hospital wear fashion parade:

For those who want to see James Bond in a theme park, please look no further than John Gardner's Never Send Flowers (1993) where Bond foils an assassination attempt by my namesake David Dragonpol on Princess Diana and her two sons. Never Send Flowers is a very fine experimental 1990s James Bond continuation novel, highly recommended by this member.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396
    DBL07 wrote:
    Willy the dresses were for you since you are obviously a puff who likes to cross dress. Why else would you name yourself a Male Reproductive organ mixed with a lesbian Bond girl "WillyGalore" Is a fabulous screen name. So your welcome

Always a sure fire way to win an argument - resorting to personal insults and homophobic abuse. How about you throw in some racism just for good measure? Oh and whilst on the subject, it would help i you could spell your discriminatory remarks correctly.

You sir are a legend in your own mind.

The idea of a Bond Theme Park per se is a very good topic for discussion, but that's not what the original poster had in mind. Its' ulterior motive is to shamelessly promote one's self, which was the initial point I was trying to make.

Thanks to @Dragonpol and @TheWizardofIce for also picking up on this :-)