The brand new guess the character

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BUMP...
  • I'm going to guess 002 (as in O2)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh that's a good one! I couldn't equate air with anything ... other than what Christmas Jones' and Stacy Sutton's heads are full of!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Oh that's a good one! I couldn't equate air with anything ... other than what Christmas Jones' and Stacy Sutton's heads are full of!

Well played! B-)

"JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES!"

We get it, Stacey; you're in peril! ~X(
    I can't even recognize these rounds anymore. May as well get the RIP notices out on these Guess the Character rounds, they've just about died a death. I used to enjoy this particular part of the forum but it's fallen away badly from what some will remember

In any event, worth an attempt with Wai Lin, but as Frederick Gray said in Octopussy - "I'm afraid there's not much to go on"

Really need sufficient clues and interest to keep this particular part of the site going. Little sad to see the way things have gone on this
    I can't even recognize these rounds anymore. May as well get the RIP notices out on these Guess the Character rounds, they've just about died a death. I used to enjoy this particular part of the forum but it's fallen away badly from what some will remember

In any event, worth an attempt with Wai Lin, but as Frederick Gray said in Octopussy - "I'm afraid there's not much to go on"

Really need sufficient clues and interest to keep this particular part of the site going. Little sad to see the way things have gone on this

What do you expect? You are the king of this game, yet you gave up any and all enthusiasm as well, and many others followed suit.
    Kananga?
    Oh I just thought of Kanaga. Darn.
    Nothing else is coming to mind.

@Sharkbait, where are you? We need help to get this moving again, please! :D
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 4,622
    Excuse me! :-O One's a nuclear physicist and the other's a credentialed geologist. :P

Brains and sass! :x

===
    .....all seems well here except that the cluemeister isn't providing any clues.

1. I must seem like air to you

hmmm. Brozzer Bond, because he blew air into both Wai Lin and Jinx's gills. He's the Bond that gives air.
    timmer wrote:
    Excuse me! :-O One's a nuclear physicist and the other's a credentialed geologist.

Brains and sass! :x

Brains...

...right. One just screams, "JAMES!" the whole damn time and the other stands by, head cocked to the side like a simple dog fixed on a bone while Bond and Renard are facing off like two pathetic geriatrics.

Christmas has always been in my mind a weak element of TWINE, and Richards's performance doesn't cause any significant reaction inside me to care for her character at all, partly why I have never been able to watch TWINE periodically. The chemistry just isn't there, I'm afraid, and any potential she had boiled over long before credits rolled.
    Christmas provides much useful info regarding nuclear fission, as well as working the hot pants and wet t-shirt looks, quite well.
    Stacey Sutton also offers up much pertinent geological insight as she and Bond tag-team to unravel Zorin's fiendish schemes.
    Exemplary Bond-girls - both of them. :x
    Some may not find them terribly convincing in their roles as doctored professionals, ( I can't imagine why) however I prefer to give benefit of doubt. Pin-up girls are people too. They can be brainy too, especially in Bond-films. Such is the charm of Bond.
    You can be brainy and gorgeous, but I think usually you don't sound or look like an airhead if you are. Which negates Christmas and Stacey, airheads both.
    You can be brainy and gorgeous, but I think usually you don't sound or look like an airhead if you are. Which negates Christmas and Stacey, airheads both.

Exactly. Denise could shout out the whole periodic table to me and I still wouldn't buy it, and same with Tanya and geological terminology. They aren't good actresses, and never convincing because of it.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I can say something nice: both have large beautiful blue eyes.
    There, now let's move on to this character --- where is our fearless leader here, dear @SharkBait?
    Well I like Christmas and Stacey, just the way they are. Harummph. :)
    Whats going on with this, I was trying to maybe have one last round with this as I had an even better character in mind than before, but can't quite remember who was even in charge of this latest round ? Shark Bait it appears, but he's nowhere to be seen ?

And only the one clue to go on with ? What was it again - "I must seem like air to you"

What can you do with that ? Is it the tire from A View to a Kill that helps Roger Moore to breathe underwater ?

Sorry, but not enough to go on with, and Shark Bait has taken a vacation it would seem. I sincerely hope this can get back to it's former stature that some of us will remember

Will try again, with, and I can't even find a response, as there's simply not enough to work with here. Ok, is it the pilot from the Moonraker opening that Bond tussles with in order to get the 'chute, but damned if anyone can glean any proper information from this, from what has been hitherto presented

Get back another time and see how things are doing
  • I'm thinking that if SharkBait doesn't post here at all between now and the 21st (one month) we should let somebody else take over. Kind of tough to do a round with no participation from our host.
    True - I haven't PM'd him yet, but someone has I am guessing.
    Let's just say the 21st then.
    Sorry, for a while I thought this game was in hibernation.

1. I must seem like air to you
    2. I was dead tired when you showed up
    Wai Lin?
    Only the two clues for this ? Could be a long round..

I'm maybe eager to try one more time but getting back control is the key thing. The second clue has you thinking Fiona Volpe but the initial clue doesn't add up. Scrub the last 'answer' and will go with Aki from You Only Live Twice, but damned if I know who this can truly be
  • I'll go with Fiona Volpe anyway.
    Wai Lin fits nicely, although she wouldn't seem like air to the character. Bond would be the one that seems like air.
    My Broz-Bond guess still fits perfect.
    I thought Bond was the air ... hmmm. So I must have answered that one in my near sleep state, you're right.

Brosnan's Bond is the best guess, yes.

Other than that, nothing makes real sense. Therefore my next guess is:

Bibi Dahl! :)
    He's already ignored my Broz-Bond guess, so I guess it's a negative.

Next guess. Plenty O'Toole. She appears to have a healthy respiratory system, ie air system, and she was all tired out from backing that loser at the craps table when Bond first stumbled across her.

Both clues covered.I think that's a lock. :D
    And Bibi is an airhead and was pooped out from skating extra hard with Coach Brink, when Bond met her. :D
    OK its a tie then. We'll have to share the prize.
    Could feasibly be the motorcycle cop from On Her Majestys Secret Service - and that's what I'm going with, although clue #2 ties Tracy Di Vicenzo into it also.

Motorcycle cop, OHMSS, as a final answer, and would appreciate @SharkBait getting back to this on a progress update sometime soon
    Update needed, please! Pretty please ...
  • If Sharkbait doesn't return, shall we draw straws to start a new round?