SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Murdock wrote:
    I don't see how she was wooden. She played it fine. Having just met Bond, they won't be quick to spouting innuendo's off to one another just yet.

She was wooden, period.

@Germanlady - totally agree. McCrory would have been a fantastic MP. You believe she'd challenge DC.
    I'd like to see Kinnear given a larger role in Bond 24. I want to see a real kinship grow between him and Bond, after all they are the last vestiges of Judi's M's old guard. Maybe Bond and Tanner can come together and undermine Mallory in some way. However, I think after Bond 24, Tanner as a character may have run his course and it might be fitting for him to have an Agent Coulson type death.

Tanner isn't top-tier enough to earn a death in the final act, but I think he definitely deserves a death in the final part of the second act; similar to Mathis.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    I don't see how she was wooden. She played it fine. Having just met Bond, they won't be quick to spouting innuendo's off to one another just yet.

She was wooden, period.

In your opinion.
  • RC7RC7
    Murdock wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

She was wooden, period.

In your opinion.

Objectively. You're entitled to your opinion, obviously. Objectively, she was poor though. She was put in the shade by every other actor on the film. I'm not saying it ruins the film, I don't sit wishing she was better, but she falls well short. Overacting of the highest order.
    You think she was wooden, I don't. I wasn't debating you.
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

She was wooden, period.

Well, that's settled the. RC7 has delivered his verdict.

RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

She was wooden, period.

In your opinion.

Objectively. You're entitled to your opinion, obviously. Objectively, she was poor though. She was put in the shade by every other actor on the film. I'm not saying it ruins the film, I don't sit wishing she was better, but she falls well short. Overacting of the highest order.

Ha! Aren't you a one? And by what scientific measure have you determined that Harris was wooden?

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Murdock wrote:
    You think she was wooden, I don't. I wasn't debating you.

And I agree with you, @Murdock. I never felt she was wooden. That is something some Bond fans will simply continue to disagree on.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 14,844
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

She was wooden, period.

In your opinion.

Ha! Aren't you a one? And by what scientific measure have you determined that Harris was wooden?

Maybe because she didn't overact, had really bad lines, played Moneypenny like a groupie, etc. she was wooden. Or something. IMO, she is second only to Maxwell.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    DarthDimi wrote:
    M_Balje wrote:
    Skyfall 2: Property Of Lady. M Daughter (Kelly Mcgillis) whant to take revenge on Kincade and with take Kindcase a way she get her revenge on 007.

MY GOD, BALJE!

mccoy.jpg

Revenge on Kincade? What did that poor fellar do wrong?

;-)

Who's Kindcase?

Lovely girl: "Hi, I'm Miss Kindcase!"
    Moore Bond: "And what a case to kindly handle you must be." *working eye brows*

Just to say I am still laughing over all of this exchange.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

She was wooden, period.

In your opinion.

The scientific measure of watching a wooden performance. I know my comment sounds provocative, which naturally invites people to argue for the sake if it, but sorry, the lines 'Volkswagen Beetles... I think' and 'Some kind of sadistic game' are appalling. If you can't see that then good for you. But objectively they are bad, bad, bad.
    I admit the VW Beetles line was stupid but that's product placement for you. Same as Tanner taking a swig of Heineken on the Job.
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

She was wooden, period.

In your opinion.

The scientific measure of watching a wooden performance. I know my comment sounds provocative, which naturally invites people to argue for the sake if it, but sorry, the lines 'Volkswagen Beetles... I think' and 'Some kind of sadistic game' are appalling. If you can't see that then good for you. But objectively they are bad, bad, bad.

No. The delivery of those lines is "arguably" bad. Personally, I don't consider them highlights of her performance, but they were hardly on the dreadful level plumbed by Halle, Richards and Bach. For a rather subjective activity such as acting to be objectively horrendous or brilliant, it must be so clear that there is a consensus among laymen and cognoscenti toward that end. Harris' performance has engendered no such consensus, although all criticism I've seen has been positive.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 1,310
    Murdock wrote:
    Same as Tanner taking a swig of Heineken on the Job.

w8nrrm.png

• SJK91 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

w8nrrm.png

Did you make this or just find it? Either way, it's brilliant.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

She was wooden, period.

In your opinion.

No. The delivery of those lines is "arguably" bad. Personally, I don't consider them highlights of her performance, but they were hardly on the dreadful level plumbed by Halle, Richards and Bach. For a rather subjective activity such as acting to be objectively horrendous or brilliant, it must be so clear that there is a consensus among laymen and cognoscenti toward that end. Harris' performance has engendered no such consensus, although all criticism I've seen has been positive.

It's not 'arguably', it 'is'. The fact you're stating it is arguable suggests you know it's shit. As for Berry, Richards and Bach. One acted alongside Rick Yune, the other a dour Robert Carlyle and the other shared screen time with Richard Kiel. Hardly Dench, Fiennes, Bardem and Craig. While not my favourite Bond, Craig is the best actor to have played the role and makes Harris look less than mediocre. You can only judge Harris by her contemporaries and she's acted off the park by every one of them in SF.
  • RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

She was wooden, period.

In your opinion.

Objectively. You're entitled to your opinion, obviously. Objectively, she was poor though. She was put in the shade by every other actor on the film. [...]

No. The delivery of those lines is "arguably" bad [...]

It's not 'arguably', it 'is'.

It baffles me that someone apparently so experienced in online discussion doesn't understand the difference between fact and opinion.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

She was wooden, period.

In your opinion.

Objectively. You're entitled to your opinion, obviously. Objectively, she was poor though. She was put in the shade by every other actor on the film. [...]

It baffles me that someone apparently so experienced in online discussion doesn't understand the difference between fact and opinion.

She delivers the lines badly.
  • RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

She was wooden, period.

In your opinion.

She delivers the lines badly.

As it happens, I agree. But I also recognise that it's my opinion. Maybe it's a commonly-held opinion. But even still, that doesn't make it a fact.
    SJK91 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

w8nrrm.png

Did you make this or just find it? Either way, it's brilliant.
    As a matter of fact, it is mine. Thank you. ;)
  • RikRik Southend
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I do not want a Skyfall 2. A return to the Quantum situation is what I want to see getting resolved. Ideally with an unused Fleming title for the movie too would be a nice bonus too! :-bd

Ditto

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    To be fair, I think Harris' performance as MP isn't much to go on as, people here are largely comparing her performance to the traditional MO character of which she displayed about 15 seconds of. I thought her performance as MP back in the new office ws spot on, as for her as Eve the field agent, she was largely fine and the only but I didn't like was her delivery if sadistic game but I put that down to bad writing and mismanaged direction from Mendes.
    Is Bond 24 going to be based on Faulks 'Devil May Care' novel?
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/5010783/Bond-is-back-for-movie-No24-Devil-May-Care.html#ixzz2YuzUdZkI

A slightly random rumour for the Sun to be coming up with if it isn't true. During the build-up to Sf, the Sun were right with some info; Bond's beard, the smahed up VWs and blowing up mi6. However, over the years they have produced an insane amount of bile about the Bond films.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Is Bond 24 going to be based on Faulks 'Devil May Care' novel?
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/5010783/Bond-is-back-for-movie-No24-Devil-May-Care.html#ixzz2YuzUdZkI

A slightly random rumour for the Sun to be coming up with if it isn't true. During the build-up to Sf, the Sun were right with some info; Bond's beard, the smahed up VWs and blowing up mi6. However, over the years they have produced an insane amount of bile about the Bond films.

This is coming from the same article that asks if this will be Craig's last, even though he is confirmed to do 'Bond 25,' as well.
    SJK91 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

w8nrrm.png

I think like that but with Jack Daniels and ice! 8-}
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

She was wooden, period.

In your opinion.

It's not 'arguably', it 'is'. The fact you're stating it is arguable suggests you know it's shit. As for Berry, Richards and Bach. One acted alongside Rick Yune, the other a dour Robert Carlyle and the other shared screen time with Richard Kiel. Hardly Dench, Fiennes, Bardem and Craig. While not my favourite Bond, Craig is the best actor to have played the role and makes Harris look less than mediocre. You can only judge Harris by her contemporaries and she's acted off the park by every one of them in SF.

I've tried reason, which you're obviously immune to. Hence, you're an idiot. And worst of all, an idiot blinded by arrogance.

I would prefer Colonel Sun or one of Benson's novels for bond 24 but as long as bond isn't doing opium in the film and getting high I would be ok with Bond 24 as Devil May Care.

Even though we all know this is BS. J can you change the title to reflect the new rumor
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Why would Bond get high or do drugs? The producers are too chicken to have him smoke a cigarette let alone have him stoned.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Why would Bond get high or do drugs? The producers are too chicken to have him smoke a cigarette let alone have him stoned.

Faulks did in his novel made me throw the book across the room
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Risico007 wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

Faulks did in his novel made me throw the book across the room

I was quite shocked by that moment when I read that part of the book myself, and at that time I hadn't read any Fleming to know how the character would/should have acted.

Bond is definitely a man who revels in the world's treasure wherever he travels, but when he is on a mission he would not alter his mind and judgement with drugs. That really irked me.