Batman

Comments

I now it's kinda of topic :
    First Look At BIRDMAN Costume! Michael Keaton Stalked By Iconic Superhero (Photos & Video)
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=80618#WdCmibj89eg2Deqb.99
    on topic there is
    a Wayne enterprises satellite in Man of Steel
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    bondsum wrote:
    Here's an unused poster from 1989's Batman rather than the simple, straight image of the Batman logo, which to me looks more like Judge Dredd than Batman....

batman_alternative.jpg
    Whoah, that's great!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Dalton12 wrote:
    Rank the actors who have played Batman.
    tumblr_m7b3ewKvJp1qc91k6o1_500.jpg

I need to make a distinction between Bruce Wayne and Batman.

Bruce Wayne
    1) Bale: He's helped tremendously by the scripts and the other actors but I like the evolution he goes through, his imperfections and inner torments. He also knows how to deliver comedy without looking foolishly.
    2) Keaton: Here's an actor who was best known for comedy when he suddenly delivered a warm and intelligent characterisation of Batman. A very close second.
    3) Kilmer: I will be honest - the anger he displays when lecturing Dick feels sincere. I appreciate that. Not too good with the love scenes though.
    4) West: He did what he could with the material that was given him at the time. Nothing too good but good enough for the time. As they say: it was good, but it's good that it was.
    5) Clooney: He worked with the love scenes but with little else. He always carries that smirk, making his anger feel unbelievable.

Batman
    1) Keaton: Oh dear, I was 7 when it happened, coming out of an Adam West Batman early childhood. The costume, the energy, the yellow logo. To this day, Keaton is still my favourite Batman. He's dark, in voice and style, and very believable.
    2) Bale: The voice wasn't too big an issue with me to be honest. I like this Batman; I just like Keaton's a trifle more.
    3) Kilmer: He gets a couple of amazing introductions in scenes throughout the film. His Batman is still cool.
    4) Clooney: The nipples are terrible and the costume looks like it was pulled from a cybershop.
    5) West: But his Batman was even worse. The costume's blue (granted, so it was in the comics) but then the ears and the very revealing mask... Nah, even as a child I found his Batman truly unconvincing. It was the 60s for sure.

DarthDimi wrote:
    Batman
    1) Keaton: Oh dear, I was 7 when it happened, coming out of an Adam West Batman early childhood. The costume, the energy, the yellow logo. To this day, Keaton is still my favourite Batman. He's dark, in voice and style, and very believable.
    Who knew back then that Mr. Mom & the guy who directed Pee Wee's Big Adventure would bring us the Batman movie to beat?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    chrisisall wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Batman
    Who knew back then that Mr. Mom & the guy who directed Pee Wee's Big Adventure would bring us the Batman movie to beat?

Yeah, that was a big surprise at the time. I know now that is was such a surprise but I was far too young in '89 to realise Keaton's status of course. ;-)

Both Craig and Keaton were at first bug-eyed and then heralded. But CR and Batman proved all the doubters wrong. ;-)
    Ok on that topic After Watching Limitless a few times am I the only one who thinks Bradley Cooper should be the next Batman?
    DarthDimi wrote:
    t I was far too young in '89 to realise Keaton's status of course. ;-)
    Both Craig and Keaton were at first bug-eyed and then heralded. But CR and Batman proved all the doubters wrong. ;-)
    Being a couple of decades older I can tell that when Keaton's casting was announced, the comic book community went thermal. Keaton was perceived as a skinny, short comedy dude, and the fans wanted a tougher guy for the role. Looking back at the angry roar at conventions I'm kinda surprised Warner didn't cave in & force Burton to re-cast, but I'm glad they didn't. Walking out of the theatre with my friend in '89, both of us a bit speechless, I and I said, "Well. That was...great."
    I find Cooper to be similar to Keaton just a gut feeling. I know comic book fans keep throwing him to Flash or Green lantern due to those character humor and Cooper's track record but I just see Batman from him.
    Risico007 wrote:
    I find Cooper to be similar to Keaton
    He wouldn't be my first choice, but then I said that about Keaton too. I say give him a shot!
    Michael Keaton In Tighty Whities & BIRDMAN Costume Close-Up (Photos & Video)
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=80766#KYdMRxFpt05f4dhA.99
    So he'll do that but not Batman Forever.

(pause to consider)

Probably still the right decision. :))
    007bond762 wrote:
    Michael Keaton In Tighty Whities & BIRDMAN Costume
    That's not Keaton in the Birdman outfit!
    chrisisall wrote:
    007bond762 wrote:

probably a stunt double.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Dalton12 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    007bond762 wrote:

probably a stunt double.

Keaton is the bad guy being held by Birdman.
    Murdock wrote:
    Dalton12 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    007bond762 wrote:

probably a stunt double.

Keaton is not a bad guy because he's cast as Birdman do some search before you post something.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 16,328
    007bond762 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Dalton12 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    007bond762 wrote:

probably a stunt double.

Keaton is not a bad guy because he's cast as Birdman do some search before you post something.

Did you even read the article yourself?
    birdmanbanner96996.jpg
    Michael Keaton is on the far right! looking bad or thugish I might add. That's obviously someone else in the Birdman costume. Why don't you read the article completely before telling me I'm wrong. He might be Birdman, but right now, I see something else.
    Birdman is a character that Keaton's character had played in the past. It's lookin' like a pretty weird movie. The guy in the costume is supposed to be his younger self, hence the similarity.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Birdman is a character that Keaton's character had played in the past. It's lookin' like a pretty weird movie. The guy in the costume is supposed to be his younger self, hence the similarity.

Yeah Keaton is not playing a bad guy.
    Just to clear things up. I never said he was the bad guy. I just said he looked bad in the picture above. 8-|
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2013 Posts: 28,694
    WARNING: Extreme Bad-assery Ahead:

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That last line, "think carefully before you do this" put a huge smile on my face.
    Ben Affleck. Excellent choice I think.
    Agreed
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Ben Affleck. Excellent choice I think.

I like the director and actor Affleck, and when it comes to convincing me it is all up to him and the part he gets to play.

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    A leaked concept art for the new Batman costume!
    999782_10151830570222439_1995608109_n.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I already gave my thoughts on the design in the proper thread, but I am now laughing quite hard at the comments left on the page. "Ben wants no bat nipples". Did that seriously even need to be pointed out? Who would want that again?

"Texture should separate Batman from rest of JLA and Superman". This could mean that development of a JLA film is going faster than conceived, and that other designs of the supporting heroes may be what teams at Warner Bros. are working on right now.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Ben Affleck as Batman??? I don't see it.... He couldn't even do a good Dare Devil...
    edited September 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Ben Affleck as Batman??? I don't see it.... He couldn't even do a good Dare Devil...
    The screenwriters/filmmakers couldn't do a good Daredevil.