Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2013 Posts: 4,444
    hulk1.jpg

Writer of Goldeneye, Hulk, Cliffhanger and Fantasic Four.

Goldeneye the best Bond movie to date and i wish he and atleast one of the other writers (Jeffrey Caine) get another change writing another Bond movie.

Rip 51 Years old, the same age as the Bond movies exist this year.
    RIP all those who lost their lives on the RMS Titanic, 101 years ago this night

14/ 15 April 1912, the legendary voyage to New York that never made it. Some estimated 1,600 lost their lives, although the exact number will never be known, and it all occured on this night. Always a poignant anniversary

Maybe it shouldn't be in this specific thread, but didn't know quite where else to include it. Yes am aware of a special thread for the occasion for the 100 years anniversary but thought it better here, just to give a mention to all those that lost their lives on that freezing April night in the Atlantic Ocean

RIP

image028.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    My thoughts are with all those injured and my grievances belong to the families of the dead after the bombings during the Boston marathon today. What a world...
    Just learned of the death of Richard LeParmentier.

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=85097

For those who don't know who he is, here's the line that made him famous (even if it was said by somebody else):

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RIP to Richard LeParmentier, not only was he probably the most famous of the characters to be 'choked by Vader' in Star Wars films. But he also had a small part in Octopussy, as a US aide at the American Airforce base.
    He may have had rather small roles, but he will be long remembered.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I never knew he had a role in Bond. RIP.
    Wow i didn't realise tht either! RIP
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Friends of mine had their second child, Thomas, on February 19th, only to discover a rare muscle complication. Thomas passed away April 5th. Both parents are 32. His little brother is 2. I'm still without children myself. But my thoughts are with them and the loss of Thomas.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    That's terrible, RIP little man.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 1,640
    RIP Carmine Infantino , comic artist (he did Batman #181 cover , 1st Poison Ivy)

5th anniversary Lee Kun and Roy Scheider......RIP

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Friends of mine had their second child, Thomas, on February 19th, only to discover a rare muscle complication. Thomas passed away April 5th. Both parents are 32. His little brother is 2. I'm still without children myself. But my thoughts are with them and the loss of Thomas.

RIP Young one.

MASH veteran Allan Arbus aka shrink dr Sidney Freedman , 95.
    Just heard of the passing of Ray Harryhausen, the special effects man behind so many of my favourite movies : the Sinbad series, Valley of Gwangi, Jason and the Argonauts, and the original Clash of the Titans. RIP to the man who was an influence on so many SFX makers.
    Gerard wrote:
    Just heard of the passing of Ray Harryhausen, the special effects man behind so many of my favourite movies : the Sinbad series, Valley of Gwangi, Jason and the Argonauts, and the original Clash of the Titans. RIP to the man who was an influence on so many SFX makers.

What a legend in film making that man was! RIP Ray.
    Today will be the anniversary of the passing of one Tenzing Norgay, who along with Hillary, were the first two people, ever to reach the summit of Mount Everest in the Himalayas - that's just a shade under 9 000 meters - a quite amazing achievement and one of the indisputable greatest feats of mankind hitherto undertaken. Worth a mention without question. He died today in 1986

Incidentally, this year celebrates the 60th anniversary of both Norgay and Hillarys achievement and mountain endeavors. Great men, sadly missed
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 5,812
    RIP to Ray Manzarek, the keyboard player of the Doors. "Light my Fire" wouldn't have been the same without him.

And while we're at it, my thoughts go to the victims of the tornado in Oklahoma City. Hasn't that town suffered enough ?
    Farewell to one of the greatest french singers: Georges Moustaki has passed away.

And RIP to the british soldier senselessly murdered yesterday.
    Esther Williams has gone to that big swimming pool in the sky. RIP to Hollywood's mermaid.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Gerard wrote:
    Esther Williams has gone to that big swimming pool in the sky. RIP to Hollywood's mermaid.

Wasn't that what the film crew on TSWLM called the underwater Lotus?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Sad to hear that Georges Moustaki and Esther Williams died. At first I didn't recognize the name but after on the video @Gerard shared I realised I know his work fairly well, my parents had his records and I used to listen to them as a child. Le Métèque is a fabulous song.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I've just found out that this week we lost the writer Tom Sharpe who gave us the like of
    Blot On The Landscape &Porterhouse Blue and all the Wilt books RIP Mr Sharpe and Thankyou
    for your great humor!.
    James Gandolfini , 51.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Tracy wrote:
    James Gandolfini , 51.

Damn that's too bad. :( He was such a good actor too. RIP James. I'll never get to see you be one of the Spang Brothers.
    James Gandolfini, a buon anima.
    As the leading man of my favorite show of all time, I'm deeply sad by the news. He was an exceptional actor and though I didn't now much about him as a person, after watching the Actor's Studio interview I realize what a professional he was.
    He still had much to do, now that he was an acclaimed actor, but as Tony would said, "what you're gonna do?"
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I just found out about this and can't believe it. I never thought James would be an actor I would read about dying at such a young age and with so much still ahead of him. RIP to a real talent.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 1,640
    Totally honest ?

I was not shocked due to his excess weight , same with Paul Bearer aka Bill Moody even though Moody had lost a lot of weight it still came back to him & he died before he was 60.

Victor Buono died age 38 , Yokuzuna age 34 , those too due to excess weight.

Still very sad in the end , RIP Gandolfini.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    It's a big shock but a surprise? Lets be honest as my friend above says he's not been the picture of health for years. His condition mirrorred Tony's progression through the series and made sense but it was pretty clear he was not in the best of health.

That all said a huge loss of talent and Soprano's was one of my fav shows, will be greatly missed.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 5,767
    What a loss of great talent. Besides Brad Pitt he was the only thing worth watching in Killing them softly. I will never forget how effortlessly Gandolfini switched from his character to De Niro mafioso and back again in that airport lounge scene.

RIP James Gandolfini.