Could Pierce Brosnan feasibly come back to do a Bond after Craig leaves?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That shot of a bigger Pierce was from a while back. He seems a lot more slim now but has always retained an elegance about him.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    He looked good in the trailer for his new Romantic comedy.
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    Maybe but for only a film or two then go back or by then he'll be too old,hes 60 this year so probs no.
  • RC7 wrote:
    Isn't that image from DAD? If not then hell, let him come back; he looks great

Looks like TWINE to me. Either way, he's a great looking Bond.

Edit: No it is DAD.

I liked Brosnan but he simply couldn't bring that intensity to the role Craig has bought, so i just couldn't see him playing Bond in the Craig films. He does suave brillantly but when it came to the dangerous side of Bond I just didn't believe him. His films were dumbed down entertainment and his Bond suited that. But he doesn't have that dark edge to him that Connery and Craig had. But he does look good on that Skyfall Poster.

Brosnan was too old after DAD. He is WAY too old now.
  • I'm willing to pay $30 just to see Pierce Brosnan do one more bond film after Daniel Craig. Pierce Brosnan should come back from his retirement to complete one final mission.He would look sharp in a white dinner double-breasted blazer tuxedo,looking suave and ready to safe the world.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 23
    Yes please !. Never Say Brosnan Again !. ;;)
    There is no doubt it would cause a lot of interest if they released another unofficial Bond like NSNA and I suppose if they were to do this, Brosnan would be the logical choice.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    In answer to the OP, in a word, "no".
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2013 Posts: 4,450
    He almoost like the same as in The Ghostwriter on that February 2013 picture.

Pierce+Brosnan+Olivia+Williams+Premiere+Ghost+ys8jbJmCOFJl.jpg

Where iam wait on be Thomas Crown Afair 2, if Eon make this one of there unbond projects that be fine. Now iam very curious to November Man for next year with Olga Kurylenko, this of course wil mabey also created some funny new fanarts. Because of his daughter death he whas not seen in Percy Jackson 2, but i hope he wil return for the other movies if that be the case.
    Gosh this thread still exist? Sorry Brosnan fans, but he's too old. And it is not like he being missed by people outside his fan community.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396
    What disturbs me most about reading this thread is not so much the Brosnan fan boys who are still in mourning for their beloved Pierce when he was replaced by EON and clearly pine for him to return as Bond despite the fact he's now sixty and they probably moan about the fact Rog was too old for AVTAK (which of course he was), no it's that there are people who would like to see Tarantino direct a Bond? Really? It would have to go down as one of the worst decisions ever. Hideously bad idea. I hope he's never asked to attend a premiere of a Bond film, let alone be allowed behind the camera of one!
  • SharkShark Banned
    [...] it's that there are people who would like to see Tarantino direct a Bond? Really? It would have to go down as one of the worst decisions ever. Hideously bad idea. I hope he's never asked to attend a premiere of a Bond film, let alone be allowed behind the camera of one!

Amen.
    Ludovico wrote:
    Gosh this thread still exist? Sorry Brosnan fans, but he's too old. And it is not like he being missed by people outside his fan community.

I'm a Brosnan fan and I agree.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

Not all Brosnan fans are delusional, and I guess every change of actor brings its share of blind nostalgics.
    Ludovico wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

Not all Brosnan fans are delusional, and I guess every change of actor brings its share of blind nostalgics.

He could easily play an older spy (and has done) but it wouldn't make sense in the Bond universe and would ultimately move the series backwards.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

He could easily play an older spy (and has done) but it wouldn't make sense in the Bond universe and would ultimately move the series backwards.

And obviously, he does not have the same status as Sean Connery, so coming back does not make any sense.
  • Ludovico wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

And obviously, he does not have the same status as Sean Connery, so coming back does not make any sense.

Quite true, he doesn't have Connery's status or even remotely close to that, at least in my eyes anyway. It was a novelty to have Connery return in 1983 even if it was an atrocious unofficial third rate remake that doesn't belong in the Bond canon. Ultimately though, he came back for the same reason he did in DAF, it was about the money. And unfortunately, helping McGlory stick it to Cubby while he was at it.

Sorry,if somebody mentioned this before on the last 12 Pages (I simply don't have the will to go through them) but this might be the most superflouos question of them all on this Forum. After all,this would only make Sense,if they planned to make the last Bond Movie ever and show him old,grey and exhausted. But given the fact,that Craig already looks older than Brosnan (and has given us all of the before mentioned,exept the goodbye for good) there is hardly a need to change the Impersonator here.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    Sorry,if somebody mentioned this before on the last 12 Pages (I simply don't have the will to go through them) but this might be the most superflouos question of them all on this Forum. After all,this would only make Sense,if they planned to make the last Bond Movie ever and show him old,grey and exhausted. But given the fact,that Craig already looks older than Brosnan (and has given us all of the before mentioned,exept the goodbye for good) there is hardly a need to change the Impersonator here.

It saddens me, @Matt_Helm, that you struggle so much with the popularity of Daniel Craig that you have to produce such a provocative post.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 3,494
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Matt_Helm wrote:

It saddens me, @Matt_Helm, that you struggle so much with the popularity of Daniel Craig that you have to produce such a provocative post.

All the "Craigativity" and his negative remarks have long been grating to me, period. Just read his last 25 posts and you'll see the common thread running throughout, if it isn't SF then it's Craig. But it's opinion, and you can't take that away from him as long as he follows the rules. It reminds me of a passage in the Godfather when after Don Corleone tries to be reasonable for hours with a notorious strong-arm and fails, he finally throws his arms up in the air and says "But no one can reason with this fellow!". I won't be addressing him directly any longer on this, it's a waste of time and breath.
    Ludovico wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

Quite true, he doesn't have Connery's status or even remotely close to that, at least in my eyes anyway. It was a novelty to have Connery return in 1983 even if it was an atrocious unofficial third rate remake that doesn't belong in the Bond canon. Ultimately though, he came back for the same reason he did in DAF, it was about the money. And unfortunately, helping McGlory stick it to Cubby while he was at it.

And people accepted Connery back, at least in DAF and he was the logical choice if one wanted to create a competing franchise, so it made sense to re-cast him. Brosnan does not have the stature of Connery, the supporters and moreover audiences have moved on from his Bond, so this is a ridiculous idea. And this is even regardless of his age, a reason enough in itself to disregard completely the hypothesis of the OP. I mean he is older now than Moore was when he left Bond. And some people think he could play after Craig's tenure? What's he gonna fight? Arthritis?
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Matt_Helm wrote:

Sorry you see it this Way. I was merely making a joke regarding my opinion on the possibilities of a Brosnan Comeback (and an acceptable good one I think ). Also, not even SFs supporters deny,that Craig looks really quite old with this beard/stubble/whatever. Not that I'm aware of,however.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Every time I see @Matt_Helm's name attached to a post I know it's going to be negative towards either Craig or Skyfall or both before I've even read it.

Yes, Craig looks older now than when he did CR, duh! But Brosnan now is pushing 60. And he looks like a man of his age!
    Ludovico wrote:
    Yes, Craig looks older now than when he did CR, duh! But Brosnan now is pushing 60. And he looks like a man of his age!

No he is 60! There really is no pushing about it!
  • Every time I see @Matt_Helm's name attached to a post I know it's either going to be negative towards either Craig or Skyfall or both before I've even read it.

Read my amended post above.

@Ludovico- if I understand those including my late wife and very much alive children who don't like my cigars, he may also be battling halitosis as well :))

Ludovico wrote:

So can he do one more Bond after Craig's tenure? I am somewhat skeptical about this.
    Ludovico wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

So can he do one more Bond after Craig's tenure? I am somewhat skeptical about this.

No you should be more than skeptical? He really cannot return to Bond. It's an absolutely appalling notion to even suggest it. Hell, why not bring back Connery on that basis?!
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 3,494
    Ludovico wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

No you should be more than skeptical? He really cannot return to Bond. It's an absolutely appalling notion to even suggest it. Hell, why not bring back Connery on that basis?!

You musht be joking laddie! I'm retired, you know ;) I wouldn't pay to see any of the older Bonds come back after the results of NSNA. And DAF wasn't so hot either.