Could Pierce Brosnan feasibly come back to do a Bond after Craig leaves?

Comments

• Of course, Connery is the master and nothing can come close to him. He's Bond Forever.
  • JamesBond wrote:
    Of course, Connery is the master and nothing can come close to him. He's Bond Forever.
    Opinions vary.

• acoppolaacoppola London Ealing not far from where Bob Simmons lived
    JamesBond wrote:
    Of course, Connery is the master and nothing can come close to him. He's Bond Forever.

Whilst I have several favourite Bonds, I salute that you are not fickle when it comes to Connery. He is a great Bond too. But a one off that cannot be replicated as I often say to fans.

• acoppola wrote:
    Whilst I have several favourite Bonds, I salute that you are not fickle when it comes to Connery. He is a great Bond too. But a one off that cannot be replicated as I often say to fans.
    Personally, I see people who are invested deeply in one actor over another as liking the actor more than they like the character the actor is portraying (e.g. some are more fans of Daniel Craig, for example, than they are of James Bond).

acoppola wrote:
    Personally, I see people who are invested deeply in one actor over another as liking the actor more than they like the character the actor is portraying (e.g. some are more fans of Daniel Craig, for example, than they are of James Bond).

Could not be truer. But it is understandable. For some, the changes in actor are not always welcomed.

• acoppola wrote:
    Could not be truer. But it is understandable. For some, the changes in actor are not always welcomed.
    Which I understand as well; personally, I'm not particularly looking forward to Craig's run ending, as I am enjoying it greatly. But then again, I wasn't particularly pleased when Dalton's short run ended, either.

acoppola wrote:
    Which I understand as well; personally, I'm not particularly looking forward to Craig's run ending, as I am enjoying it greatly. But then again, I wasn't particularly pleased when Dalton's short run ended, either.

I like Craig as he does not play Bond for the image just like Dalton.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2012 Posts: 28,694
    JamesBond wrote:
    Or Forever Bond as I put it in my fan art tribute to him:

8153908071_f47ace67f4_k.jpg
  • Nicely done, Brady.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    I'm one of the biggest Brosnan's Bond fan and a huge Brosnan fan but...honestly : NO.

Except in an unofficial film, NSNA typed. I've read above in an "OHMSS style" ; that sounds great but wasn't TWINE close ? I think so.
  • RC7RC7
    JamesBond wrote:
    Or Forever Bond as I put it in my fan art tribute to him:

8153908071_f47ace67f4_k.jpg

Licence to draw a pension.
  • No. Michael & Barbara could have let Pierce Bronsan do one more Bond film after 2002's Die Another Day, but they didn't have any faith in him to remain relevant as 007 in the 21st century. Again, Pierce isn't coming back as James Bond. :(
  • In the past I had thought that if any of the actors would do a NSNA type film it would have been Brosnan - his bitterness was pretty intense there for a while. But unlike Connery, who would carry a grudge for decades, I think that Brosnan's stance has softened over time - his inclusion in the EON documentary certainly indicates that.
    Hee hee I hope you have time for a short story because my girlfriend and I just had a funny conversation that I wanted to share (this relates to Bond so bear with me)

We were talking about Rockstars and the curse of how some of the great ones die before 27 (or 28?) and I jokingly said 'well I guess I'm too old to be a rockstar'; to which she replied 'No you're just too old to die' and it was like we both had a lightbulb over our heads; at the same time we both said 'Wow that sounds like a Bond movie!'

Timothy Dalton Roger Moore is James Bond OO7 in.... 'Too Old to Die'
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Hee hee I hope you have time for a short story because my girlfriend and I just had a funny conversation that I wanted to share (this relates to Bond so bear with me)

We were talking about Rockstars and the curse of how some of the great ones die before 27 (or 28?) and I jokingly said 'well I guess I'm too old to be a rockstar'; to which she replied 'No you're just too old to die' and it was like we both had a lightbulb over our heads; at the same time we both said 'Wow that sounds like a Bond movie!'

Timothy Dalton Roger Moore is James Bond OO7 in.... 'Too Old to Die'

Haha!

Sean Connery Returns as Agent James Bond 007 in...

TO0

0LD TO DIE

M: "Bond, I have had enough of your resistance. You will be pulled off this mission without a moment's hesitation, and your licence to kill revoked at once! We can't have you out in the field in this state. You must understand that Blofeld isn't your greatest enemy, it is time. If we send you out there at your age you will surely die."

Bond: "I don't mean any disrespect, sir, but you don't understand. I'm too old to die."

\m/
  • If one claims that Broccoli production of Bond is official it is equally true that a Bond movie starring Connery the original Bond is also official! That way NSNA was also an official Bond movie for ardent Connery/Bond fans. Sean Connery only Live Thrice as Bond. The form and body fitness of Connery in NSNA was far better than Moore in Octopussy. Connery could recreate the magic of Bond feel in NSNA which also did not fall much short of collections by the so called 'official' production Octopussy. In India, Bond always means Connery and the theatrical runs and reruns to packed houses were possible only for Connery's Bond movies. But, at this juncture comparing him with Pierce Brosnan for a feasible return to Bond is unnecessary since much of the Bond traditions have been changed and the production company aims at depicting a weeping and crying sentimental Bond with tears to win 'Oscar award'!
  • Characterizing Bond role is like the story of identification of an elephant by six blind people. Connery only identified the object as an elephant with his vision. His successors remained the blind people trying to identify the object of how an elephant looks like, by touching the parts of elephant. while Connery integrated the characterization of Bond, others have been doing only differentiation so that some thing new they want to depart or deviate from the classic portrayal of Bond by Connery forgetting the fact that whoever dons the role or reprise, Connery's shadow covers them up! Connery made history by his two time coming back to the role which cannot copied by others.
  • CIACIA
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!

A RESOUNDING NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What he said. Brosnan won't be back as James Bond. Can't come back. It's as good as discussion closed for many

Craig is signed up for at least another two releases isn't he, say that's five or six years from now, if he leaves at that point, Brosnan will be pushing 65 years of age by then. You do the math. Unless it's some Never Say Never Again type spoof and Brosnan comes back for a bit of fun in an unofficial capacity, but other than that, this idea is dead in the water
    I'd love to see Brosnan as an aged agent and give us the serious Bond type role he didn't get to give in his era.
    skyfall_bond_copy_copy.jpg
    Isn't that image from DAD? If not then hell, let him come back; he looks great
  • RC7RC7
    edited April 2013 Posts: 10,512

Looks like TWINE to me. Either way, he's a great looking Bond.

Edit: No it is DAD.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    RC7 wrote:

Looks like TWINE to me. Either way, he's a great looking Bond.

Edit: No it is DAD.

It's from a photo where he is in a suit and pointing a silenced gun with his right hand.

http://wfiles.brothersoft.com/p/p_s/pierce-brosnan-and-gun2_100275-480x360.jpg

just add a slight bit more grayness in his hair and perhaps a bit more tanned face then its him
    Er, Die another Day was 11 years ago now ? Guessing Brosnan may look a little older in that time ? Once again, no chance in hell of a comeback
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    After seeing what he looked like on the EON documentary I'd say no. He looks too old, but that's not to say he can't star in another action movie. He still looks tough as nails and he'll be 60 next month. ;)
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 4,813
    It's an unfortunate 'NO' to Brosnan's return.... unless they're remaking Diamonds Are Forever....

pierce-brosnan.jpg

*Edit- ok ok low blow, I know. Here's a more flattering shot from February 2013. He really doesn't look bad:

8555052407_7e705fe3ff_z.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It's an unfortunate 'NO' to Brosnan's return.... unless they're remaking Diamonds Are Forever....

pierce-brosnan.jpg

SPEAK UP DARLIN I CAN'T HEAR YOU BECAUSE YOU SHOULDN'T BE LIVING HEEEEERE! =))