Your feelgood, real life 'Bond' moments.

Comments

Everytime i get laid! ;) :)) =))
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 23,561
    A late night charity event.
    A suit.
    My girl.
    And beluga caviare... A lot of beluga caviare.

I've had two of those in the past and man, each time I felt like Bond, all night long.
    RogueAgent wrote:

GO38

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Taking part in Airsoft Steel Pellet wars down at the local forest. Weapons of choice? Walther PPK, Walther P99, and a HK UMP 9mm version with the straight mag. Feel like Bond every time I pop a shot off. I don't feel anything like Bond every time I get hit, however.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    DarthDimi wrote:
    GO38

still looking good, Dimi champ' !! :)>-
    DarthDimi wrote:
    A late night charity event.
    A suit.
    My girl.
    And beluga caviare... A lot of beluga caviare.

I've had two of those in the past and man, each time I felt like Bond, all night long.
    RogueAgent wrote:

GO38

lol! Thank you DD :D
    Am currently in Spain learning Spanish and living with 2 German girls also learning Spanish but who speak very good English. On my way out of the appartment I used 3 languages (English, Spanish and German) in one sentence when I said "I'll see you later, o deberia decir, aufwiedersehen". Ok it was VERY basic language but still made me feel quite Bond like the way it just flowed on my way out of the appartment. Maybe you had to be there....

I also once booked a table at a restaurant under the name of Bond just so I could walk in there on arrival and say "Good evening, the name's Bond, I believe you have a reservation for me". Yes incredibly childish, but I've had enough of growing up!
  • @Trigger 's post reminded me of a funny moment I experienced when studying abroad in China.

One night I walked into a tiny restaurant to have dinner by myself, sat down, and placed an order. In the corner of my eye, I noticed two girls sitting in the corner to my left whispering to each other.

When the food arrived, I heard one of them blurt out the name of the dish, assuming that I couldn't understand what she was saying. I then looked over at them, smiling, and asked them if they wanted any. One of the girls slapped her hand over her mouth in embarrassment and the other started laughing at her. =))

It was a great moment that had me chuckling all the way back to my dorm ;))
    the time i once tried to renact a scene from Moonraker in a laser skirmish battle
  • My adventures at the Maryland State Police Academy are actually full of Bond moments! Some are small: whenever they tell us to get something from the quartermaster I smile (on the inside) and when we fill out our weekly hour sheet for payment, our class is the OO Section. Not even joking! :-bd

Best of all though was just last Friday. You see, our Academy has several abandoned buildings- and even a hospital (super creepy) and we use them to practice 'room clearing' and searches. We even use Airsoft guns so we can shoot each other-- it has been without a doubt the most fun I've had so far. Anyway, we were doing this excercise where we were split into 'good guys and bad guys', and the bad guys hid somewhere in the building and the good guys had to find them and shoot them.

Well, when I got to be the bad guy I hid behind a door waited- when the other guy came in I totally pulled one of these:

rgE5Ic.gif[img][/img]
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited September 2013 Posts: 16,331
    Owning an almost complete set of James Bond gadgets from my favorite Bond film!
    :-bd
    goldeneye_mines_wip_3__by_comandercool22-d6mkgy6.jpg
    Well, on Friday I met an absolutely beautiful girl named Natalee (yes, spelt like that) in one of my uni classes, this being about a week after my very bad breakup that I'd mentioned here somewhere. There was an almost instant attraction, immediately after the class we walked around campus talking, I bought her a coffee and whatnot and we both agreed to see eachother the next day. We spent the entire night texting, of course, and on Saturday I went to see her as planned. Needless to say, things progressed quite quickly and by the end of the day we were dating. This whole thing has happened in four days and I'm quite content with it, I can see it lasting quite a while. I must say I handled the situation in a very Bond-esque manner, though unlike Bond my relationships last longer than the length of a two hour film ;)
  • The other night, I was driving down the road when all of a sudden there was a woman in the road. I swerved to avoid her and flipped my car several times. I hate when that happens. All kidding aside I try to use cheesy one liners as fun and to annoy my soon to be ex wife. The other day we had an appointment with the divorce lawyers. Hers walked in and just dropped papers for me to sign on the table. I looked at them and said, What no small talk? No chit chat? Then I threw in some connery and ended with SHOCKING. I never wanted an exploding pen so badly before. :))
    I felt very much like Bond the first time I traveled alone to another country. I was almost hearing the Bond theme when I arrived at the airport.
    More on a daily basis, I felt like Bond when I'm driving my car and I light a cigarette (Lazenby style), or when I go to my "missions" to give a lecture to another university. But the must common thing is to feel a little like Fleming's Bond, having breakfast by myself, and having a mixture of tedium and anxiety for adventure.
  • Recently completed a police academy so I actually felt like Bond quite a bit. Driving a car at high speeds, running and shooting, taking on multiple opponents in self-defense training. But I'd have to say the time I felt most like Bond was about ten years ago when I ran into an old girlfriend at a mutual friend's wedding. Our relationship had not ended with any closure and so I just couldn't resist saying "I always wondered how I'd feel if I ever saw you again..." I'm sure this line was not overly successful but we did end up getting back together after that.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 4,813
    I had the best one today! I was on duty and had a ride-along with me. We got a call on the radio for 'officer needs help'. When we get those we drop what we're doing and drive top speed to get there

We were going around 120, screeching tires and bumping out of our seats the whole way.

I looked over at my ride-along, whose eyes were open wide and his hands gripping the seat under him, and said 'Love a drive in the country, don't you?'

For-Your-Eyes-Only-0235.jpg

In the end the officer was OK, if you were wondering. They ended up with like 20 cops there, lol
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    *stands up and begins slow applause*

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful work. I don't think any of us are ever going to be able to top that, unless we have sex with a Bond girl or do battle with Jaws in the middle of the sky.
    Rescued someone being knocked over by a bus. When i think about it saved peoples lives on countless occasions in various situations.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Rescued someone being knocked over by a bus. When i think about it saved peoples lives on countless occasions in various situations.

Well if I ever go into a restaurant and start choking on my food, you better be conveniently placed at the booth behind me.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Well if I ever go into a restaurant and start choking on my food, you better be conveniently placed at the booth behind me.

I would be the first to perform the heimlich maneuver lol
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful work. I don't think any of us are ever going to be able to top that, unless we have sex with a Bond girl or do battle with Jaws in the middle of the sky.

I already married Eva Green, so I think I have that beat. She just doesn't know it yet.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I already married Eva Green, so I think I have that beat. She just doesn't know it yet.

I almost married her, unfortunately did not work out. There is semblance in truth to that bizarrely. Not the the actress obviously :)
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Amusing thread :>

Only thing remotely 'Bond' I can think of ever having done is steadily manipulating the steering wheel to safely guide our car onto the hard shoulder from the fast lane after our tyre blew out on the motorway whilst doing 130kph.

My then girlfriend, who was sitting next to me, said she was so impressed by how calm & unfazed I seemed (below the surface I wasn't, I can assure you) as I steered us to safety whilst she totally lost it, that she knew then and there she'd end up marrying me.
    And she did, the poor lass ;)
  • Oh I had a good one tonight-- just mere minutes ago as I type this. 8-X

*any animal lovers use caution before reading, as this story involves me putting down an injured deer while on patrol*

Ok- so I was on duty tonight for the good ol' 2-12 shift, and around 10ish I was sent to a backwoods road in the middle of nowhere for reports of a vehicle collision involving a deer. I arrived and saw that the deer was still alive but badly injured. Now, part of my job includes putting injured animals out of their misery when necessary, and this was one of those times. (I'm no hunter, and have never killed anything before)

I shot it in the head and it looked like that was that. I announced on the radio that I used one agency issued round on the deer and the man repeated: 'you advised you used one round?' This is so they can have replacements ready for me when I go back to the barrack.

Well here's the good part: before I could confirm, the deer perked back up and I had to shoot it again.

I responded on the radio: 'Better make that two.'

dalt_zpsbe752ce1.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    That is like... every day. I never wear casual, always formal. And whenever I smoke a cigarette, I find myself channeling Sean Connery. Or at least what I feel I'm doing.
    Downing a makeshift cocktail flying BA 1st class does it for me.

Or there's the time I almost fell out of a Cessna when my door flew open. (OK - that's Bond on a bad day)

And I got pretty smashed on free Vespas at the Bond exhibition opening - which I think is exactly what Bond would do if he was there.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Well, I wouldn't call this a feel good moment, but today I somewhat felt like Bond. Recently a neighbor of mine passed away, and, as she was a 90 something hoarder along with her husband who died three years earlier, they have a lot of stuff in every cranny of their house. Since the past few weeks I've been over there helping her relatives clean it out with my mother (who was her unofficial nurse when she got sick and got wrapped up in getting her house cleaned out too) and another neighbor. Today we tackled the garage and, just when we thought I'd gotten all the dozens of boxes down from a layer of wood shelving in the garage, we discovered a hidden door into a small crawl space where even more boxes were.

Because I was the only one who could actually fit into the cramped hole, or the only one near youthful enough on top of it, I found myself volunteering to clear out endless stacks of boxes lining the whole house from the start of the crawl space to the very end of the home's foundation, which made up the shell of the roof. It was an extremely low ceiling so I found myself bunching up to crawl, and only had a few lined up 2X4s to balance on to get at all the boxes and push them behind me, while everything else was weakly padded ceiling I may've fallen through if I turned wrong. It was a hot day today, so I had the sweat running off me as I snaked all down the crawl space, and very much felt like Bond in Dr. No (either the novel or film), though thankfully I didn't have to content with a rush of water nor a bunch of spiders to smush with my shoe as I went along clearing out the old boxes.

I confess that despite sucking in a lot of dirt three times older than myself and sweating pools in the space as I tried not to fall off the boards it was fun, as there was at least a noticeable contingent of danger attached to it that I enjoyed. Like Bond I guess I could be classed as a junkie for that sort of thing, in all efforts to avoid a soft life.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    edited December 2023 Posts: 566
    I got locked out of my house last night, so I had to go through my bedroom window on the second floor, which involved building a very precarious tower made out of wheelie bins and an outdoor table, and then scaling part of the roof, in the dark, on uneven ground, and in my bare feet.

Actually I was thinking I'm a little bit more like the Milk Tray Man. Risking life and limb to deliver Milk Tray to the bedroom of a fair maiden and then leaving as quietly as I came in. Only I didn't have any chocolates, or a lady to deliver them to. And I didn't come in or leave quietly. So more like your average home-invading pervert. I do have a black turtleneck though.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @George_Kaplan It's a pity you didn't have your Amex Centurion handy.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2023 Posts: 17,814
    I got locked out of my house last night, so I had to go through my bedroom window on the second floor, which involved building a very precarious tower made out of wheelie bins and an outdoor table, and then scaling part of the roof, in the dark, on uneven ground, and in my bare feet.

Actually I was thinking I'm a little bit more like the Milk Tray Man. Risking life and limb to deliver Milk Tray to the bedroom of a fair maiden and then leaving as quietly as I came in. Only I didn't have any chocolates, or a lady to deliver them to. And I didn't come in or leave quietly. So more like your average home-invading pervert. I do have a black turtleneck though.

You need to keep a spare key in the flower pot methinks. ;)
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    Dragonpol wrote: »

You need to keep a spare key in the flower pot methinks. ;)

Indeed.