Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• edited February 2013 Posts: 4,813
    Holy hell- I just watched the trailer for 'Olympus has Fallen'- a movie I've not heard of before today and now can't WAIT to see!!

Gerard Butler never really struck me as a Bond contender until I saw this trailer. He spends the first section of the trailer clean-shaven and in a tux, without his usual heavy accent and I immediately thought of Bond

Screen-Shot-2013-01-22-at-1.34-600x368.jpg
    528998_520481197973022_572427111_n.jpg

And Bond aside, this movie looks like it will kick some serious ass-- how have I not heard of this movie before today??

Also, Rick Yune (Zao) is the bad guy
  • jka12002jka12002 Banned
    Bond : Tom Hardy, Jude Law,Liam Neeson,Johnathon Ryes Myers (Tudors)
    M : Anthony Hopkins,Jeremy Irons,Richard Attenburogh,Richard Burton
    Blofeld : Marlon Brando,Mark Strong,Hugo Weaving,Raul Julia

Yes i know some of these guys are dead but i can dream cant i?
    Yes, Marlon Brando as Blofeld might be difficult. I think he's er... unavailable. :D
    But he would have been great in the role if he had done it around the time he did Apocalypse Now.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    fanbond123 wrote:
    Yes, Marlon Brando as Blofeld might be difficult. I think he's er... unavailable. :D

Man he would have been a pain in the arse on set.
    fanbond123 wrote:

Really? He seemd pretty down to earth to me

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    jka12002 wrote:
    fanbond123 wrote:

Really? He seemd pretty down to earth to me
    He was just not dependable. He always wanted do things his way instead of being told how to work a scene by a director. Coppola went to hell and back with him.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 4,813
    WOW I just watched the movie 'Chato's Land' with Charles Bronson for the first time and it had Jack Palance in it. Now he would have made a BADASS Felix Leiter in any of the 70's movies!

I figure, if the producers always said 'if we could find an actor with the charm of Cary Grant and the ruthlessness of Jack Palance, we'd have a good Bond' then as an American Palance would have fit right in the Bond movie family as Felix

...or a Villain!
    WOW I just watched the movie 'Chato's Land' with Charles Bronson for the first time and it had Jack Palance in it. Now he would have made a BADASS Felix Leiter in any of the 70's movies!

I figure, if the producers always said 'if we could find an actor with the charm of Cary Grant and the ruthlessness of Jack Palance, we'd have a good Bond' then as an American Palance would have fit right in the Bond movie family as Felix

...or a Villain!

I don't know about Palance for Bond, but he had Felix written all over him in his younger days.
    If A View To A Kill was made around Connery's time Palance would have been a great choice for Max Zorin
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

...or a Villain!

Palance was the first choice for Scaramanga. Personally, I think Palance would have made a better villain than an ally.

• [img][/img]
  • how do i add an image to my comment? :)
  • I would have aslo suggested Gerhard Butler.
  • Tom Hardy people ?
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    How about Simon Baker from the Mentalist. A bit left field but could be good.
    Ewan McGregor would have been a great Bond.

In the future, I think Sam Heughan and Dan Stevens should be given serious consideration.
  • In order

Michael Fassbender
    Goran Kostic
    Luke Evans
    Tom Hardy
    Mark Strong
    Tom Hiddleton
    Joel Edgerton
    I just read that Tom Hardy is playing Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell. Wouldn't that take him out of the running?
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    ultrabox wrote:
    I just read that Tom Hardy is playing Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell. Wouldn't that take him out of the running?

Daniel Craig was in the Tomb Raider movie and it didn't effect him becoming James Bond.

mdo007 wrote:
    ultrabox wrote:

Daniel Craig was in the Tomb Raider movie and it didn't effect him becoming James Bond.

If I remember correctly, he wasn't Lara Croft.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    mdo007 wrote:
    ultrabox wrote:

Exactly. And Dan wasn't the big name he is now back then like Tom is now after his turn in the TDKR, making him all the more known. The two situations are completely different.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Nice to see someone else recognize that Tom IS even bigger now thanks to TDKR, and that his possibility of Bond is pretty much non-existant because of that. I remember having everyone at my throat last year because nobody believed that he was already big (pre-TDKR), and would "even be that big after TDKR," somehow.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    mdo007 wrote:
    ultrabox wrote:

But he got second billing and a supporting character, so that got him a bit famous. Add Layer Cake and that got him a lot of attention, so you see Craig was a bit famous before he became Bond. I don't think Hardy playing as Sam Fisher wouldn't effect his selection to play Bond.

Tom Hardy isn't that big or well known right now. Bane wore a mask the entire time so not many people knew who he was.

But he is playing the leads in Splinter Cell and Mad Max, two very big movies. So he'll be out of the running by the time Craig leaves.
    Christian bale would be perfect
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @thelivingroyale, I still just don't see how people don't think he is big. Excluding projects that have yet to be released, he's done a lot of work to have him noticed.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @thelivingroyale, I still just don't see how people don't think he is big. Excluding projects that have yet to be released, he's done a lot of work to have him noticed.

I think he's not really a household name, mainly because he hasn't had many big lead roles (as I said though that's changing).
    mdo007 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    mdo007 wrote:
    ultrabox wrote:

But he got second billing and a supporting character, so that got him a bit famous. Add Layer Cake and that got him a lot of attention, so you see Craig was a bit famous before he became Bond. I don't think Hardy playing as Sam Fisher wouldn't effect his selection to play Bond.

A supporting role isn't the same as being the main character of a brand/franchise. If they're going to make Splinter Cell movies, they'll probably turn out at least three of them. And they're black ops movies, similar enough to Bond to effect the decision. He's also going to be Mad Max. Hardy is going to be the face of two major movie franchises. Craig was in a few notable movies, but was the face of none until Bond. I'm not sure how you think the two scenarios are comparable.
    In any event, I don't really like to look ahead to future releases, at this point in time Craig is 007, I don't necessarily look beyond that
    I feel the same way. I also think that it should be a total unknown. Although, admittedly the last time that happened it was Lazenby...

BTW, Fassbender, McGregor, et al. are all fine ideas, but are you counting on Daniel Craig's imminent demise? They'll be far too old to start to play Bond by the time Craig retires the part.