Everything Wrong With Skyfall In 4 Minutes Or Less

edited March 2013 in Skyfall Posts: 4,197


Pretty funny and true
«13

Comments

  • Posts: 7,593
    Have seen this before and the critsim is sometimes petty but true. O:-)
  • Posts: 68
    Well, the plot isn't exactly blameproof, on that I can agree.

    For the rest, well, cinema isn't supposed to be perfectly rational, or is it ?
  • If you take movies seriously I am sure you will find flaws in them all. I hope they realise SF is fantasy ;)

    Pretty funny in parts tho.
  • Posts: 6,432
    So funny and so true.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2013 Posts: 3,409
    The critsim about the set up plot and then gone is of course true and biggest flaw of the movie. Q and internet connection is so funny. The bell be this time of course same hint as the emty chair in QOS. I disagree with his comment about Hans & Grietje, of course it is stupid move but a good scene for the movie.
  • Posts: 2,189
    There's this too:


  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 16,098
    AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Those guys rock! That was so funny. The Crystal Skull one was a riot as well. :))
  • I wouldn't say this is everything that is wrong with Skyfall
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 11,169
    "And sexy Voldermort" :))Plus: The hard-drive was NOT the point of the movie but merely the "McGuffin" and it was RECOVERED when they captured Silva
  • BAIN123 wrote:
    "And sexy Voldermort" :))Plus: The hard-drive was NOT the point of the movie but merely the "McGuffin" and it was RECOVERED when they captured Silva
    I was pretty shocked by the amount of people who thought the movie was actually about the stolen hard drive.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Posts: 6,485
    Look, I don't mind people trying to make fun of Skyfall, but come on, at least try to make some smart remarks. I mean, what, is Bond not allowed to drink beer? And if he is, should he be careful not to show the brand (which is a beer brand as wel, brand)? The conductor? Have they seen what kind of train they're travelling on? Seriously, you think there's a conductor on such trains? And since when do conductors stop them? Isn't that the driver's task? Do they have CNN in English? Well of course! CNN is almost everywhere in English! Maybe not in South America, but in Asia, Europe, Africa... it's always in English. It's an American broadcasting corporation and dispite common belief, they speak English in America (and in England too!).

    I could go on, but I have work to do.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 33,368
    Has this not been posted before? I don't see how it warrants another thread.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 16,098
    If it WAS posted before, I never saw it.
  • I can see the point at some of the remarks but not others but hey, come on, it's film entertainment, its not real life. Why do people care so much about everything having to be perfect and completely explained and not to be able to suspend belief or believe in the impossible, it's a movie, its not porporting to be real life.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 16,098
    Yeah, but the better the storytelling 'plumbing', the less drips there are to distract one.
  • Why do people care so much about everything having to be perfect and completely explained and not to be able to suspend belief or believe in the impossible, it's a movie, its not porporting to be real life.

    Well, I think it's a good hint that most people will IMO probably still agree in the future that Skyfall's images are superb, but I don't think that will be the same for the script. It may have some influence on the PR for Bond 24.

  • Posts: 7,593
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Has this not been posted before? I don't see how it warrants another thread.

    It hasn't been posted before and it is a fun little made movie that warrants its own thread.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Posts: 9,117
    chrisisall wrote:
    AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Those guys rock! That was so funny. The Crystal Skull one was a riot as well. :))

    I take it that's irony?

    It's not exactly the dead parrot sketch is it?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 16,098
    I take it that's irony?
    Oh, I'm full of it.
    As has been pointed out numerous times in other threads. :))
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Posts: 9,117
    chrisisall wrote:
    I take it that's irony?
    Oh, I'm full of it.
    As has been pointed out numerous times in other threads. :))
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

    Thanks christ for that! I thought you were serious for a minute. If only some of these internet cretins had a basic schooling in classic Python. Classic sketch.

    'Times up'
    'What?'
    'Times up I'm afraid.'
    'But that was just getting interesting.'
    'If you want me to go on arguing you'll have to pay for another 5 minutes.'
    'But that was never 5 minutes.'
    'I'm sorry but it was.'
    'Oh alright. Here you are. Well then?'
    'Well what?'
    'That was never 5 minutes just then.'
    'I told you if you want me to go on arguing you'll have to pay for another 5 minutes.'
    'But I just paid?!'

    etc, etc
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Posts: 6,485
    Ah, see. That's what one calls humour.

    And now for something completely different..
  • Posts: 183
    I dare say you could make something like this for every Bond film if you really wanted to. Funny though!
  • Posts: 1,842
    chrisisall wrote:
    I take it that's irony?
    Oh, I'm full of it.
    As has been pointed out numerous times in other threads. :))
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

    Thanks christ for that! I thought you were serious for a minute. If only some of these internet cretins had a basic schooling in classic Python. Classic sketch.

    'Times up'
    'What?'
    'Times up I'm afraid.'
    'But that was just getting interesting.'
    'If you want me to go on arguing you'll have to pay for another 5 minutes.'
    'But that was never 5 minutes.'
    'I'm sorry but it was.'
    'Oh alright. Here you are. Well then?'
    'Well what?'
    'That was never 5 minutes just then.'
    'I told you if you want me to go on arguing you'll have to pay for another 5 minutes.'
    'But I just paid?!'

    etc, etc
    Nice to see some Python fans on here. =D>

    I want to buy some cheese.
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM, etc.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Posts: 4,373
    the real joke is people who take this video seriously.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 16,098
    HASEROT wrote:
    the real joke is people who take this video seriously.

    It's meant to entertain and get the old boy hits on his site, however, many of the points he makes are correct (if overplayed for laughs), and all it really proves is that SF is a Bond film like most others- great entertainment no more no less.
  • I never had a problem with the beer product placement. I mean, if I see someone swigging a Heinken in real life, I don't get offended!

    Then again, there are plenty of snags with SF that the above video doesn't address, so it evens out. Does he query the Aston Martin with guns? Can't remember. There are others.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 16,098
    Does he query the Aston Martin with guns?
    So Bond saw a movie where a car had them, & he had a friend or two pimp it out on his. I can accept something like that.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2013 Posts: 4,373
    chrisisall wrote:
    HASEROT wrote:
    the real joke is people who take this video seriously.

    It's meant to entertain and get the old boy hits on his site, however, many of the points he makes are correct (if overplayed for laughs), and all it really proves is that SF is a Bond film like most others- great entertainment no more no less.

    granted.. but as i said - those who take it seriously are the real jokes... 95% of his video was nitpicking minuscule details that really have no effect on anything in the film (which is all anyone ever does nowadays when critiquing a film, but i digress)... i've seen worse done to better films... but those who absorb it as if it's gospel.. well then, i feel sorry for them.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 16,098
    HASEROT wrote:
    95% of his video was nitpicking minuscule details that really have no effect on anything in the film
    The part about product placement paying for the film by minute 22 was pretty funny...
    :))
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Posts: 4,373
    chrisisall wrote:
    HASEROT wrote:
    95% of his video was nitpicking minuscule details that really have no effect on anything in the film
    The part about product placement paying for the film by minute 22 was pretty funny...
    :))

    "oh look, Oddjob came back." and "This scene does not contain a lap dance." made me laugh..

Sign In or Register to comment.