Bond Quotes

Comments

• CatCat
    Samuel001,

I am certainly not joking, because I posted it as my favorite. In my opinion, this Bond quote showed the tender side of the Fictional Character.
    I don't consider it a poorly written nor a bad delivered line. Daniel Craig is a very good actor and he does well with dramas.

We all have different opinions after all.

Thank You Sir.

Bond: "If I fail to report, 008 replaces me."
    Goldfinger: "I trust he will be more successful."
    Bond: "Well he knows what I know!"
    Goldfinger: "You know nothing, Mr. Bond."
    Bond: "Operation Grand Slam, for instance."
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    "The bitch is dead."
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I am certainly not joking, because I posted it as my favorite. In my opinion, this Bond quote showed the tender side of the Fictional Character.
    I agree it tries to but it's still an awful line I think you'll find many others think so as well.
    Daniel Craig is a very good actor and he does well with dramas.
    Craig does the best he can and out of all the Bond actors I'd rather have him say the line more than any other but for me it's still weak. I too think Craig is a great actor and love him as Bond.
    Bond to Fiona Volpe: "Friends of yours?" (opens the door) "Come in!"
    Makes me laugh every time. :-))
  • CatCat
    Samuel001said: I agree it tries to but it's still an awful line I think you'll find many others think so as well.

The Bond quote I posted is 'my favorite'. You and many others may find it terrible; however, it does not necessarily qualify that as a majority. Like I said we as human beings have varied opinions and taste. We shouldn't impose our opinions on others. You and many others are entitled to your opinion, and I certainly am warranted to have mine.

Samuel001said: Craig does the best he can and out of all the Bond actors I'd rather have him say the line more than any other but for me it's still weak.

Like I said, this is only your opinion. The quote I posted is still 'my favorite Bond quote'.

Thank you and good night.

i hope i put this picture right
    Bond: (after seeing Bert Saxby get shot) "Saxby."
    Willard Whyte: "Bert Saxby? Tell him he's fired!"
    Bond: (hilarious look at Whyte)
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    "This never happened to the other fellow."
    The Bond quote I posted is 'my favorite'. You and many others may find it terrible; however, it does not necessarily qualify that as a majority.
    I think it does. The majority of Bond fans would at least think so.
    Like I said we as human beings have varied opinions and taste. We shouldn't impose our opinions on others. You and many others are entitled to your opinion, and I certainly am warranted to have mine.
    Of course you are. I never said you weren't.
    Gustav Graves: "A defense mechanism concealing such inadequency."
    Bond: "My defense mechanism is right here." (holds up Walther P99)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    James Bond: Hmm, never seen you after hours, Moneypenny... lovely.
    Miss Moneypenny: Thank you, James.
    James Bond: Out on some kind of fashion assignment, dressing to kill?
    Miss Moneypenny: I know you'll find this crushing, 007, but I don't sit at home every night praying for some international incident so I can run down here all dressed up to impress James Bond. I was on a date, if you must know, with a gentlemen. We went to the theater together.
    James Bond: Moneypenny, I'm devastated.
    @Creasy47: Hahaha! More of those GoldenEye quotes! Just goes to show how epic it is.
    @00Beast, I love it! Haha. I went down the IMBD page of GE's quotes, copy-pasted one, and saw another. Copy-pasted that, saw another. I just couldn't stop, there were way too many to choose from!
  • CatCat
    Samuel001 said: I think it does. The majority of Bond fans would at least think so.

The majority of Bond fans? To what poll are you referring? I would be pleased to review your "factual" data.

Samuel001 said: Of course you are. I never said you weren't.

OK, then my opinion is as valid as yours but I don't think I would be so bold as to speak for "The Majority", with any legitimacy.

edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I think it does. The majority of Bond fans would at least think so.
    The majority of Bond fans? To what poll are you referring? I would be pleased to review your "factual" data.
    There's no poll and I never said another about "factual" data. It's just many members, at least on the old forums were very vocal about their dislike for that scene and it's dialogue due to Haggis' writing.

I'll give you one thing though it's not as bad as the "little finger" line. Please tell me you don't like that one! ;-)
  • CatCat

Samuel001 said: I'll give you one thing though it's not as bad as the "little finger" line. Please tell me you don't like that one! ;-)

Point taken about the old forums.
    As for the "little finger", it's a line that was used many a time in the throws of youth, ;-)

• "If you attempt to flee, I will arrest you, drop you off in jail and take you to the plane in chains. Understand?"

"Perfectly. After you."

"I think she has handcuffs."

"I do hope so."
    "I want you to find GoldenEye, find out who took it, what they plan to do with it, and stop them."
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 163
    CR
    Le CHIFFRE
    "the password, please."

BOND
    "i've got a little itch... down there, would you mind?"

"no! no! no!... no, to the right. to the right. to the right!"

Le CHIFFRE
    "your a funny man, MR. BOND."

BOND

"Yeah!"

"Yes, yes, yes."

"Now the whole world's gonna know you died scratching my balls."

____________________________________________________________________________

CR
    DRYDEN
    "shame."
    "we barely got to know each other."

-click-

BOND
    "i know where you keep your gun, i suppose that's something"

DRYDEN
    "true"
    "how did he die?"

BOND
    "your contact?
    "Not well."

DRYDEN
    "made you feel it, did he?"
    "well... you needn't worry."
    "the second is....."

BOND
    "Yes. Considerably."
    @LAWNMOWERMAN, I love that ending bit with Dryden.

"Yes." *turns Safety on the Walther* "Considerably."
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    "Well, it's not what I'd call contact. I'll pass it through you've seen the girl."
    Red Grant: "The first bullet won't kill you, nor the second, not even the third. Not until you crawl over here and kiss my foot!"
    Bond: "Tell me, which lunatic asylum did they let you out of?"
    Red Grant: "Don't make it tougher on yourself! (slaps Bond) My orders are to kill you and deliver the Lektor. How I do it is my business. It'll be slow and painful."
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Best of QoS:

-"You know you should answer CIA Felix. The taxi driver told me where the office was."

-"I'm sorry Mr. Greene, but we have to go."
    "Please, my friends call me Dominic."
    "I'm sure they do."

-"Well, Tosca isn't for everyone."

-"I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
    Wow, I just realized that I completely butchered that quote with Bond and Red Grant in From Russia with Love. That first quote about kissing his foot came after the latter part. Whoops! I'll put up a different quote here to redeem myself!

Goldfinger: "I am delighted to have you aboard, Mr. Bond."
    Bond: "Well, congratulations on your promotion, Goldfinger. Are you having lunch at the White House too?"
    Goldfinger: "In two hours I shall be in Cuba. And you have ruined my plans for the last time, Mr. Bond!" (cocks pistol)
    Bond: "It's very dangerous to fire guns in planes. I even had to warn Pussy about it. By the way, where is she?"
    Goldfinger: "I will deal with her, later! At the moment she is where she is supposed to be, at the controls."
    Here's another great GF quote:

"Do you expect me to talk?"
    "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7: Probably the most famous Bond quote aside from "Bond...James Bond" and "Shaken, not stirred."
    (after Bond noticing Stacey Sutton)
    Sir Godfrey Tibbett: "We are on a mission."
    Bond: "Sir Godfrey, on a mission, I am expected to sacrifice myself."

Makes me laugh each time!
    Boris(for the last time): "YES!!!!! I AM INVINCIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!"