Skyfall Wins Bond's First Grammy -Make That Two Grammy's

Comments

• CIACIA
    WOW! Big surprise. Ang Lee wins 'Best Director', and not Steven Spielberg :-P. I'm not surprised now if 'Life Of Pi' wins 'Best Picture' :-O. Still 'Argo' will win, but it'll be much tighter.

I'm happy.
  • WOW! Big surprise. Ang Lee wins 'Best Director', and not Steven Spielberg :-P. I'm not surprised now if 'Life Of Pi' wins 'Best Picture' :-O. Still 'Argo' will win, but it'll be much tighter.

Affleck should be there, not Lee.

Actually, if I have to pick my favourite movie between 'Argo' and 'Life Of Pi', it'll be very difficult. But for me 'Life Of Pi' would narrowly win.

You know, epic historical pieces like 'Argo' are wunderful to look at, but the entire story is not entirely true, as it was the Canadian ambassador in Teheran who actually initiated the entire escape of the American staff.

'Life Of Pi' does it for me.

And as an historic epic piece, I think 'Zero Dark Thirty' is better than 'Argo'. Butttt, it's just my opinion :-).

• LOL! Second time Jennifer Lawrence has issues with her gown jejeje :-P. At the Golden Globes and now at the Oscar's.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    WOW! Big surprise. Ang Lee wins 'Best Director', and not Steven Spielberg :-P. I'm not surprised now if 'Life Of Pi' wins 'Best Picture' :-O. Still 'Argo' will win, but it'll be much tighter.

Actually, if I have to pick my favourite movie between 'Argo' and 'Life Of Pi', it'll be very difficult. But for me 'Life Of Pi' would narrowly win.

You know, epic historical pieces like 'Argo' are wunderful to look at, but the entire story is not entirely true, as it was the Canadian ambassador in Teheran who actually initiated the entire escape of the American staff.

And as an historic epic piece, I think 'Zero Dark Thirty' is better than 'Argo'. Butttt, it's just my opinion :-).

Life of Pi was a wonderful movie, but the sense of passion and attention to detail that Affleck brought to Argo was what made it memorable for me and gave it the edge. And, he managed to bring out great performances from even the smallest cast members.
  • CIACIA
    The next presenter needs no introduction...

**MacFarland walks off.** haha

Who's that presenting anyway?
  • WOW! Big surprise. Ang Lee wins 'Best Director', and not Steven Spielberg :-P. I'm not surprised now if 'Life Of Pi' wins 'Best Picture' :-O. Still 'Argo' will win, but it'll be much tighter.

Life of Pi was a wonderful movie, but the sense of passion and attention to detail that Affleck brought to Argo was what made it memorable for me and gave it the edge. And, he managed to bring out great performances from even the smallest cast members.

Shall I be honest? I loved 'Argo' too. It's simply too hard for me. And Ben Affleck will certainly win as producer for 'Argo'; 'Best Picture'. And that Oscar is considered the most important Aawrd of the night no :-)?
  • can we get Daniel Day Lewis in a Bond film
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 11,119
    WOW this is emotional....Daniel Day Lewis winning this. The Oscar's are year after year very British ;-).
  • can we get Daniel Day Lewis in a Bond film

Ooowh well, I'm pretty certain Oscar material will play the next Bond villain.... :-).
  • CIACIA
    can we get Daniel Day Lewis in a Bond film

As a villain. Now that's an idea!!
  • WOW! Michelle Obama!!!
  • CIACIA
    edited February 2013 Posts: 120
    Hmm...
  • CIACIA
    Argo.
  • CIACIA
    For a second there -- if it was Zero Dark Thirty -- with Michelle Obama presenting -- hmmm....

Shall I be honest? I loved 'Argo' too. It's simply too hard for me. And Ben Affleck will certainly win as producer for 'Argo'; 'Best Picture'. And that Oscar is considered the most important Aawrd of the night no :-)?

True, I find it appauling that he wasn't even nominated for director, all the same.
  • ARGO!!! What a WUNDERFUL announcement, LIVE from The White House. Truly stellar Michelle. And congratulations Ben Affleck!
    My favourite movie of 2012 behind Skyfall, congratulations Ben Affleck.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    You know, until the Academy take a more objective view in honouring films, no matter how excellent a Bond film could be, it'll never get nominated for the grander prizes let alone win. A Bond film will have to not be a Bond film to get such recognition and to that the Academy can go and screw themselves. I'm happy for the Bond movies to keep doing what they've been doing for the past 50 years and focus on thrilling audiences.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Overall, I really liked the show. Everyone who won deserved it, and this was a year where it didn't matter that much who got the award because every person nominated was worthy of it. I love that the show had a classic style feel, with classic scores being played all throughout the night.

And congratulations to Bond and the record setting two Oscars!!!

It has been a great time to be a Bond fan! <:-P

By the way, how ironic is it that the tribute was opened by the woman that almost crippled it? Too bad Dan wasn't there to do it, anything to get Halle off the stage.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 1,310
    I honestly thought Skyfall should have scooped up best Cinematography (though I knew Life of Pi was gonna steal it).

I'm sure Deakins will win for Bond 24, though. ;)

What a great surprise to get that sound editing award! And in a dramatic tie no less!

It just feels very good to say:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING FILM, SKYFALL.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 660
    Skyfall has something that TDK don't have an OSCAR!
    I'm assuming you mean Dark Knight Rises?
  • I wonder if Deakin had any chance at all! maybe a tie would be the best choice
  • So Bond made a billion dollars and won a couple of Oscars. I'd say things are looking pretty rosy for Bond 24.
    Congrats to Adele, she deserves it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

The Dark Knight won.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Very, very awesome to see a tie split to go in the way of SF. Wonderful night: SF wins two Oscars, Tarantino got his Screenplay Oscar, and 'Argo' takes home Best Pic. I had an excellent time watching this year.
  • interesting Argo won best picture without any of actors or directing award only the best screenplay........I think Skyfall could have done this too
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    interesting Argo won best picture without any of actors or directing award only the best screenplay........I think Skyfall could have done this too

What, won Best Picture? It wasn't even nominated, so it had absolutely zero chance.

If anything, I'm upset about 'Life of Pi' taking Best Cinematography, as does an assortment of others scattered along the Internet. There IS a difference between cinematography and visual effects.
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    interesting Argo won best picture without any of actors or directing award only the best screenplay........I think Skyfall could have done this too
    Alan Arkin was nominated for Argo.

A film winning Best Picture without its director or most of its cast getting nominated is more common than you'd think.