Skyfall Wins Bond's First Grammy -Make That Two Grammy's

Comments

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    THEBond007 wrote:
    Maybe they'll do a 50 years of Bond tribute at the Oscars?

Good idea But i have a feeling they won't. I hope they win Best song in a movie like they did for the golden globes. I kinda of wished they did get norminated for BEst Picture. I wouldn't car if they won or lost because their are alot of good movies out their, but if they just go recognized for it i would be happy too

http://guardianlv.com/2013/02/oscar-spotlight-50-years-of-james-bond-secret-agent-007/

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    They seem to really be advertising the hell out of the tribute above anything else, so they will probably tease us and save it for far into the latter half if I could guess.
    My money is that it will be the segue into Adelle singing. Maybe a video with a montage of all the Bonds and a mix of music with Skyfall being at the end, then they cut to her on stage, maybe they continue the clips. I don't know, I have a feeling that's what it's going to be though.
    ultrabox wrote:
    My money is that it will be the segue into Adelle singing. Maybe a video with a montage of all the Bonds and a mix of music with Skyfall being at the end, then they cut to her on stage, maybe they continue the clips. I don't know, I have a feeling that's what it's going to be though.

Well.. it will be Adele, Bassey, and Jones in there somewhere.
    While obviously I hope that Skyfall cleans up in all 5 categories, I really dont care what a bunch of brown nosing Hollywood snobs think of the film. We all can categorically state that the film was a massive success both critically and commercially and that's all that counts. Bond will outlive Hollywood itself!
  • So I wonder if Skyfall will get an award? I doubt it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    =bg= wrote:
    THEBond007 wrote:

Good idea But i have a feeling they won't. I hope they win Best song in a movie like they did for the golden globes. I kinda of wished they did get norminated for BEst Picture. I wouldn't car if they won or lost because their are alot of good movies out their, but if they just go recognized for it i would be happy too

http://guardianlv.com/2013/02/oscar-spotlight-50-years-of-james-bond-secret-agent-007/

What a horribly written article.

• LeChiffre wrote:
    While obviously I hope that Skyfall cleans up in all 5 categories, I really dont care what a bunch of brown nosing Hollywood snobs think of the film. We all can categorically state that the film was a massive success both critically and commercially and that's all that counts. Bond will outlive Hollywood itself!

Why do you mention this actually. I mean, 'Goldfinger' and 'Skyfall' got no 'Best Picture' Oscar or more than one Oscar. But these movies proved invincible after all :-). 'Skyfall' is no different.

But after tonight I beliebe this threesome of Bond films will be the only ones which won an Oscar: 'G.T.S' --> 'Goldfinger', 'Thunderball', 'Skyfall'. :)>-
  • Sam Mendes won best director at the Kermode for Best Director:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01qypkc/The_Culture_Show_Forget_the_Oscars_Here_Are_the_Kermodes_A_Culture_Show_Special/
    You can watch his acceptance speech at the link
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 11,119
    The countdown is on. Here's the official streaming of ABC in HD, the channel where the 85th Academy Awards will be broadcasted on in 1hour and 38minutes from now :-): http://www.onlinestreamlive.com/view/174/Abc-live-Streaming-Online-Free-from-Usa-watch-now.html
    Sam Mendes won best director at the Kermode for Best Director:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01qypkc/The_Culture_Show_Forget_the_Oscars_Here_Are_the_Kermodes_A_Culture_Show_Special/
    You can watch his acceptance speech at the link

Only in the UK... :(

But happy for Sam, thanks Kermode! :)

The countdown is on. Here's the official streaming of ABC in HD, the channel where the 85th Academy Awards will be broadcasted on in 1hour and 38minutes from now :-): http://www.onlinestreamlive.com/view/174/Abc-live-Streaming-Online-Free-from-Usa-watch-now.html

PS: Four links are available for the ABC Oscar's. Link 2 seems really good HD quality in 16:9. If the above link doesn't work, then try one of the four other 'links'.

Here are some nice articles from the LA Times about the categories in which 'Skyfall' is nominated.

Sound categories: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/goldstandard/la-et-mn-oscar-predictions-sound-categories-20130219,0,1098044.story

Music categories: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/goldstandard/la-et-mn-oscar-predictions-song-score-20130221,0,452147.story

Cinematography category: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/goldstandard/la-et-mn-oscar-predictions-cinematography-costumes-visual-effects20130220,0,4919179.story

It seems 'Skyfall' will win one Oscar for 'Best Original Song', and if we're lucky a second one from one of the other categories ;-). I can't hardly wait!
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited February 2013 Posts: 1,329
    doubleoego wrote:
    =bg= wrote:
    THEBond007 wrote:

What a horribly written article.

Yep @doubleoego
    That is truly dreadful writing. Absolutely appalling journalism. How I write and structure my paragraphs and sentences is quite frankly shite, but even I could better that. The chap seems to have robbed a living.
  • THEBond007THEBond007 Banned
    All the new Bonds will be at the Oscars Who's ready I am. Which Bond you exciting to see.
    Just watching a bit of Goldfinger on Sky 007 during the ad breaks on the Oscar coverage. Cant beat a bit of classic Bond with another classic Skyfall multiple nominated. Still can't believe we've got a Bond flick to cheer at the Oscars!
    Btw all the people in the USA Reelz is having 007 movie movie All month they are showing Bond Movies tonight at 9 is Man with the GOlden GUn right now is Moonraker
    Will Skyfall become the 3rd Academy Award winning Bond film? I hope so! :)
    They are not nominated.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    THEBond007 wrote:
    All the new Bonds will be at the Oscars Who's ready I am. Which Bond you exciting to see.

No they're not. The Oscar producers already denied the rumors and to top it off:

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/18/rachel-weisz-daniel-craig-arent-attending-oscars/
    THEBond007 wrote:
    They are not nominated.

It's nominated for 5 awards: Cinematography, Sound Mixing, Sound Editing, Score, and Original Song.
    OH i saw on it they where wow and it was just now and oh I though he meant for Best Picture
    Also important to know is the traditional announcement order of winners. Bond fans will be thrilled to know that the first winner to be announced is 'Best Cinematography', but I think it'll be 'Skyfall's first loss of the evening. But don't let it influence your emotions, as 'Skyfall' WILL win an Oscar ;-). The complete running order and in bold the categories for which 'Skyfall' has a chance:

01) Best Cinematography (my prediction: Claudio Miranda for 'Life Of Pi')
    02) Best Art Direction (my prediction: 'Les Misérables')
    03) Best Costume Design (my prediction: 'Anna Karenina')
    04) Best Make Up (my prediction: 'The Hobbit')
    05) Best Foreign Language Film (my prediction: 'Amour', France)
    06) Best Actress In A Supporting Role (my prediction: Anne Hathaway for 'Les Misérables')
    07) Best Film Editing (my prediction: William Goldenberg for 'Argo', NOT 'Zero Dark Thirty')
    08) Best Sound: Editing (my prediction: 'Life Of Pi', Eugene Gearty and Philip Stockton)
    09) Best Sound: Mixing (my prediction: 'Skyfall', Scott Millan, Greg P. Russell and Stuart Wilson)
    10) Best Documentary Feature (my prediction: 'Searching For Sugar Man')
    11) Best Animated Film (my prediction: 'Brave', BUT there could be a surprise winner here)
    12) Best Visual Effects (my prediction: 'Life Of Pi')
    13) Best Actor In A Supporting Role (my prediction: Tommy Lee Jones for 'Lincoln')
    14) Best Original Music Score (my prediction: Mychael Danna for 'Life Of Pi')
    15) Best Original Song (my prediction: Adele & Paul Epworth for 'Skyfall')
    16) Best Adapted Screenplay (my prediction: Chris Terrio for 'Argo')
    17) Best Original Screenplay (my prediction: Quentin Tarantino for 'Django Unchained')
    18) Best Live Action Short
    19) Best Documentary Short
    20) Best Animated Short
    21) Best Director (Steven Spielberg for 'Lincoln')
    22) Best Actor In A Leading Role (Daniel Day Lewis for 'Lincoln')
    23) Best Actress In A Leading Role (my prediction: Jennifer Lawrence for 'Silver Linings Playbook')
    24) Best Picture (my prediction: 'Argo')

So I do not expect tonight one overwhelming victorious movie. But eventually, 'Life Of Pi' will win the most Oscars. Four technical Oscars, and, if the movie is lucky perhaps even five. Then 'Lincoln' and 'Argo' each win three Oscars, but 'Argo' off course takes 'Best Picture'. I predict that both 'Les Misérables' and 'Skyfall' will win two Oscars. But it'll be tough!.

The beautiful movie about euthanesia, 'Amour', will win one Oscar, together with 'The Hobbit', 'Silver Linings Playbook', 'Anna Karenina', 'Django Unchained' and 'Brave'. The documentary 'Searching For Sugar Man' will win 'Best Documentary'.
    I don't know.. my 'people' tell me Skyfall has Best Original Song and even Cinematography in the bag. We'll see.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I don't know.. my 'people' tell me Skyfall has Best Original Song and even Cinematography in the bag. We'll see.

I predict a loss for Roger. But it's also because I'm a bit afraid! I mean, I wanna stay positive tonight and this is the first Oscar to be handed out. I'm really nervous. IF Roger Deakins wins.....I'm gonna scream!

I just heard Halle Berry saying that the Bond tribute will be truly awesome! Nice to hear that she wanted her gown to be Bond-esque! She's really proud to be part of the franchise now :-).
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    If there wasn't going to be a Bond tribute I'd be nervous and excited about the nominations but as I only care about the tribute, I'm indifferent to the nominations but here's to the best of luck to the SF noms.
    doubleoego wrote:
    If there wasn't going to be a Bond tribute I'd be nervous and excited about the nominations but as I only care about the tribute, I'm indifferent to the nominations but here's to the best of luck to the SF noms.

Precisely. We get to see Skyfall's name displayed on the biggest stage in Hollywood a few times, and hopefully get a fantastic tribute to our humble little series.
  • Good luck to the SKYFALL team at tonights Oscars.
    Lets hope Roger Deakins picks up the first of a few tonight....
  • OMG! It's already one of the mosttt hilarious Oscar openings ever, with Captain Kirk :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) !!
  • OMG! It's already one of the mosttt hilarious Oscar openings ever, with Captain Kirk :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) !!

Are you watching on tv or via the internet...I dont have access to a channel screening it
  • Scroll above ;-). The link I put there.
  • Scroll above ;-). The link I put there.

I tried that but got nothing. I am in France. Maybe it doesnt work outside of certain countries