A thread for people who dislike Skyfall

Comments

• hoppimikehoppimike Kent, UK
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Oligarch wrote:
    I'm not a sir, I'm a miss... got it sweetie?

Oh, your image isn't very clear on that. Woops. Could you upload a new one?

If that is her, I think she is puurrrrdy ^_^
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Oligarch wrote:

No need for photo. Noticed the formatting of some of the posts? I did :-B
    Also for the record I dunno why I have such a Dominic Greene obsession. He's just cool in that he created this hippy facade and yet I loved how the slightly dark appearance of his character matched his dark intentions! Awesome!!!
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Oligarch wrote:
    Oligarch wrote:
    I'm a strong independent woman

In a way then we should be glad we have @Oligarch_2_TouchMySexpoinagetheif around. It's evidence of how fantastic this site is.

It's such a good fansite this idiot has made 6 accounts (5 banned) and has now gone this far (pretending to be a woman) JUST so he can stay.

Proof that MI6 is the best fansite around! :) (well, I'm not a member on any others but still :P)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Oligarch wrote:
    Oligarch wrote:
    I'm a strong independent woman

In a way then we should be glad we have @Oligarch_2_TouchMySexpoinagetheif around. It's evidence of how fantastic this site is.

It's such a good fansite this idiot has made 6 accounts (5 banned) and has now gone this far (pretending to be a woman) JUST so he can stay.

Proof that MI6 is the best fansite around! :) (well, I'm not a member on any others but still :P)

Stuff like this makes me ponder leaving. I completely agree, @thelivingroyale. It seems the trolls are ruling the kingdom sometimes (nowadays more than ever). It makes you astounded that human beings can spend so much of their time of their computer lying about themselves constantly and every time they get banned they just come back again to repeat the cycle. If you are really that much of a pathetic an excuse for a human being, do us all a favor and get the hell out of here.

haha even risking getting chatted up by me xD

I dunno if what your saying is true or not.

Actually, on a popular forum I run, we have people who do this too. I am relatively inconsistent in how I deal with them, depending on how much trouble they cause on a day-to-day basis.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    hoppimike wrote:

haha even risking getting chatted up by me xD

I dunno if what your saying is true or not.

Actually, on a popular forum I run, we have people who do this too. I am relatively inconsistent in how I deal with them, depending on how much trouble they cause on a day-to-day basis.

I think the grievances you know who has made against this site is evidence enough for a public hanging.

Oh, how I'd be honored to kick the chair. :)
  • OligarchOligarch Banned
    hoppimike wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Oligarch wrote:

Yes it is me, and thank you for the compliment. You are too kind ;)
    Oligarch wrote:
    hoppimike wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Oligarch wrote:

Yes it is me, and thank you for the compliment. You are too kind ;)

woot ^^
    So... how many other people on the forum dislike Skyfall? I am new here so I'm not sure how many people would actually end up fulfilling this thread's intending purpose! :)
    edited February 2013 Posts: 110
    What is astounding to me is how a person (Brady) can spend so much time carrying a virtual crusade to ban me while constantly posting negative comments after EVERY SINGLE post I make. It's getting ridiculous, you don't own the community Brady. Either learn to accept my presence or just ignore me, because your negativity towards me isn't helping the community at all.
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    hoppimike wrote:
    So... how many other people on the forum dislike Skyfall? I am new here so I'm not sure how many people would actually end up fulfilling this thread's intending purpose! :)

It's a failed idea, not going to work. This while close down in less than two days, I am sure of that. In the meantime, have fun hitting on a deceitful man...
    hoppimike wrote:

It's a failed idea, not going to work. This while close down in less than two days, I am sure of that. In the meantime, have fun hitting on a deceitful man...

lol don't worry, this thread is not the "Hoppimike hits on Oligarch thread" xD

I'm just watching these atm :)

(no Skyfall in the Craig one so don't worry Oligarch lol :) )
    hoppimike ignore Brady's ignorance, You're thread will stand the test of time I assure you.

Anyways I saw skyfall with my dad and older brother, they both thought it was a joke. My dad was disgusted with the scene where Daniel Craig said, " what makes you think this is my first time". As was I. The scene was clearly a politically correct motive and it was completely unnecessary to even go that far. Ian Fleming would be rolling over in his grave if he knew how EON was butchering his character.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 1,497
    I enjoyed Skyfall, but I am always open to criticism and different perspectives. I do find some faults in the film after having time to digest it: namely Silva's elaborate plan to kill M, only to not finish the job point blank range; (but which has already tirelessly been discussed on other threads and all over the internet for that matter) But there is always room for further discussion.

@hoppimike: welcome aboard to the forums, you have been nothing but polite, enthusiastic and intelligent in your posts. I will say though, that this particular thread does feel tiresome. I do believe this discussion can be continued on the Fan Reactions thread (I had a good laugh at all the Skyfallites getting up in arms over a few people actually offering some informed critiques of the film). Keep speaking your mind I say and don't let anyone tell you differently.
    JBFan626 wrote:
    I enjoyed Skyfall, but I am always open to criticism and different perspectives. I do find some faults in the film after having time to digest it: namely Silva's elaborate plan to kill M, only to not finish the job point blank range; (but which has already tirelessly been discussed on other threads and all over the internet for that matter) But there is always room for further discussion.

@hoppimike: welcome aboard to the forums, you have been nothing but polite, enthusiastic and intelligent in your posts. I will say though, that this particular thread does feel tiresome. I do believe this discussion can be continued on the Fan Reactions thread (I had a good laugh at all the Skyfallites getting up in arms over a few people actually offering some informed critiques of the film). Keep speaking your mind I say and don't let anyone tell you differently.

You know that "informed" reviews require there to be intelligent arguments with claims that are backed up in eloquently constructed sentences that form paragraphs of criticisms that are both well formulated and expressive while still completely displaying the positives the film offers on the flip side of that?

Just asking, because I see none. :-\"
  • RC7RC7
    JBFan626 wrote:

You know that "informed" reviews require there to be intelligent arguments with claims that are backed up in eloquently constructed sentences that form paragraphs of criticisms that are both well formulated and expressive while still completely displaying the positives the film offers on the flip side of that?

Just asking, because I see none. :-\"

I agree. But it works both ways. If you say Skyfall is a masterpeice, most people reply with a 'yeah man! I agree!'. You say it's shit, you get beat down. The whole thing Iis tiresome. I have issues with SF but my logical reasoning is lost in sea of lovers and haters.
    edited February 2013 Posts: 290
    Oligarch wrote:
    hoppimike ignore Brady's ignorance, You're thread will stand the test of time I assure you.

Anyways I saw skyfall with my dad and older brother, they both thought it was a joke. My dad was disgusted with the scene where Daniel Craig said, " what makes you think this is my first time". As was I. The scene was clearly a politically correct motive and it was completely unnecessary to even go that far. Ian Fleming would be rolling over in his grave if he knew how EON was butchering his character.

It was a bit weird yeah. I think I tried to put it from my mind lol

I think I fixed it by interpreting that Bond meant it's not his first time being propositioned by a guy, not that he has actually been with men... that's kind of too ridiculous to consider for the character of James Bond lol

And thanks @JBFan626! To be honest I made this thread because I don't like arguments I prefer constructive discussions with like-minded individuals!

With that in mind a question for those who dislike SF... accepting that it's now happened, what would we like to see happen next?

Personally I'd be happiest with an apology and a replacement sequel lol
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    We've had numerous threads like this created in the past, and all they induce is a fight, argument, or threat: there's absolutely no place for a thread like this. I suggest everyone flag and move on to save everyone's breath, but I know how hard that is for some of you.
    Oligarch wrote:
    What is astounding to me is how a person (Brady) can spend so much time carrying a virtual crusade to ban me while constantly posting negative comments after EVERY SINGLE post I make. It's getting ridiculous, you don't own the community Brady. Either learn to accept my presence or just ignore me, because your negativity towards me isn't helping the community at all.

It's not only 1 person, I also want you get banned again because your've proven being disrepectful of this forum's rules and you think we are too stupid to don't know who you are.
    He's not alone!
    Oligarch is touchmybuttons? You couldn't make it up. I suppose she(?) has the same homophobia.

How long to a banning?

I know that number and have started to count

• Sandy wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Oligarch wrote:

No need for photo. Noticed the formatting of some of the posts? I did :-B

That's the first thing I noticed my friend, and flagged it so they can compare. Just too much coincidence there.
    hoppimike wrote:

I can hear J.W now- "well looky here, it looks like we may have a genu-wine she-male here". Anyway, I'll let the mods sort it out like they did last time when I had DTK sent packing :))
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 1,497
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7: there is banality on both sides of the coin for sure. For every "Skyfall rules, you're an idiot" there's nonsense like "Skyfail, this movie sucks!" Such is the way of the Internet I suppose. My point was that, members such as hoppimike have made some good points and shouldn't feel that opinions on a "Skyfall Fan Reactions" should be unwelcome. I'll admit my "up in arms" remark could be viewed as a bit baiting, but it was just to point out that a lot of the retorts on that thread were either a). base comments such as the wonderfully inspired "nope you are wrong sorry it was the right thing to do sorry if you don;'t like it but it make sense.........watch it again" or c). dismissive comments such "we've heard this already!" or "there's nothing left to say, the public has spoken, neither of which are constructive. Catch my drift?

I haven't followed that thread extensively, so maybe it's a lot worse than I could tell.

I personally like Skyfall >:D<. Does it have issues? Yes. As Bond fans, why not discuss them?
    actonsteve wrote:
    Oligarch is touchmybuttons? You couldn't make it up. I suppose she(?) has the same homophobia.

How long to a banning?

I know that number and have started to count

I agree that some of her posts are a little homophobic. I also agree that Bond's hint at being bisexual was tactless and transparent. Hell, I'M bisexual (a bit) but it still bothered me lol

Adele's song at the beginning was alright. To be honest I don't think I could fully enjoy it as even at that point I had a sensation that something was wrong with this movie lol

To my eyes, the first 1/3 of the film was ok, the second was disappointing and the third was simply abysmal.
  • Great, we've got DTK pretending to be both male and female. Two new accounts this time? The she-male needs to get around in a wheelbarrow with cajones this big :))
    edited February 2013 Posts: 110
    Ohh so now anybody who has a problem with the bisexual undertones used in skyfall is also now falsely accused of being this touch to kill guy? this is ridiculous. I'm contacting the moderators , until then I'll be silently observing the community until this harassment stops.
    Oligarch wrote:
    Ohh so now anybody who has a problem with the bisexual undertones used in skyfall is also now falsely accused of being this touch to kill guy? this is ridiculous. I'm contacting the moderators , until then I'll be silently observing the community until this harassment stops.

I wouldn't contact mods. I really don't wanna see this thread get negative attention and closed (from staff or members)!

But yeah erm, I agree it's crazy to suggest that anyone who shares any of these ideas is all one guy xD

I'm sure many of us agree that Connery is the best Bond but that doesn't mean we're all the same person...
  • RC7RC7
    Oligarch wrote:

Bisexual undertones. Sigh. I'm not P&W's biggest fan, but they must be pissing themselves at the legions of fucking idiots who take everything at face value.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    hoppimike wrote:
    To my eyes, the first 1/3 of the film was ok, the second was disappointing and the third was simply abysmal.
    "Abysmal"? Dude, only Jaws becoming a good guy deserves THAT characterization...
    Oligarch wrote:
    I'm contacting the moderators , until then I'll be silently observing the community until this harassment stops.

Faux outrage alert.

This discussion has been closed.