The BrosnanNotBond Community

CIACIA
edited February 2013 in Actors Posts: 120
When Daniel Craig was first cast, there was a number of Bond fans that created a CraigNotBond Community. I strongly disagree with those people, and I believe Daniel Craig to be the second best Bond after the legend himself. However, I never did like any of the Brosnan era movies. GoldenEye is mediocre. So is his acting. The scripts increasingly became more and more pathetic with each one of the Brosnan era films. I know this isn't Brosnan's fault, but I still don't like the guy or what he contributed to the Bond franchise.

If anyone else believes what I believe, I invite you to post in this thread and join the BrosnanNotBond Community.

Comments

• This thread's not going to get very far I'm guessing

What I mean is, there's actually a few Brosnan enthusiasts on these pages, and it's not really fair to single out any Bond actor and give ridicule, as only appreciation threads are accepted you will find

It's not that I believe, and I can understand your thinking, but I think this thread was maybe ill advised. Brosnan was far from my favorite 007, but not sure how far you're going to get with this
  • CIACIA
    as only appreciation threads are accepted you will find

In that case this thread is toast. Rookie mistake. Maybe it will survive?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I find that what I love about threads usually go better than than what I hate about ones do.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Well, I'm hiding out in the priest hole until this all blows over.

smiley_emoticons_box.gif
  • I couldn't even understand one of the above responses
  • CIACIA
    Well, I'm hiding out in the priest hole until this all blows over.

smiley_emoticons_box.gif

That's probably a good idea. This thread is gonna get nuked any minute now. I'll have to think of a new thread title. smiley-think006.gif

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I couldn't even understand one of the above responses

Basically, @chrisisall is saying that threads that are about appreciation last longer than more negative threads.
  • CIACIA
    I feel like I'm on death row.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Basically, @chrisisall is saying that threads that are about appreciation last longer than more negative threads.
    Thanks for the translation dude!
  • I found that's not always the case

For example, someone comes along, berates Craig or Brosnan or Dalton for example, things get out of hand, it's allowed to continue, everyone has their say, and before you know it, it's gone on longer than 'Bond's beards' or 'Adele to sing Skyfall theme' etc

Shouldn't really condone negative threads, but I always found them more fun than positive ones to be truthful. Livens the pages up you understand
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited February 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I love Brosnan as Bond. I really don't see how this thread contributes to the forum. You can always post your negative feelings on other threads related to the actors or movies, but why have a negative one bashing someone? So although some chat is generated, this may all be deemed a waste of time and closed down. We shall see. I wouldn't want a bashing thread on any actor, to be clear about my point of view.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This thread will only induce rage and fights - we've had plenty of bashing threads on the actors and whatnot, and they always get closed. This will follow suit. There's no point to it.

If anything, seeing as we are big enough Bond fans to dedicate our time to a forum dedicated to the world of James Bond, shouldn't we just focus on the good things related to something we may not particularly like?
    edited February 2013 Posts: 581
    CIA wrote:
    When Daniel Craig was first cast, there was a number of Bond fans that created a CraigNotBond Community. I strongly disagree with those people, and I believe Daniel Craig to be the second best Bond after the legend himself. However, I never did like any of the Brosnan era movies. GoldenEye is mediocre. So is his acting. The scripts increasingly became more and more pathetic with each one of the Brosnan era films. I know this isn't Brosnan's fault, but I still don't like the guy or what he contributed to the Bond franchise.

If anyone else believes what I believe, I invite you to post in this thread and join the BrosnanNotBond Community.

694.png

• CIACIA
    I just watched Goldeneye, which many consider to be Brosnan's best film. To me it just goes all downhill when he steals the tank and rolls around Moscow like it's nobody's business. I got bored and starting thinking up potential names for Bond 24. I realize my view on Brosnan is a very small majority, but it is genuine. I don't like his portrayal of Bond -- the scripts certainly didn't help either.

Maybe when this thread is inevitably shut down I'll rephrase my post and ask what do you like about Brosnan's Bond. Because honestly I don't see the attraction.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited February 2013 Posts: 12,459
    You could also read the Brosnan appreciation thread. He still has fans, yes.
    And for more in depth detail, you might enjoy the reviews on the Originals thread; we have reviewed every Bond film, at some length.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I may not like Brosnan as much as I do other actors but he's Bond. That sort of website is a silly and useless waste of time and energy. Do something productive instead.
    CIA wrote:
    I just watched Goldeneye, which many consider to be Brosnan's best film. To me it just goes all downhill when he steals the tank and rolls around Moscow like it's nobody's business. I got bored and starting thinking up potential names for Bond 24. I realize my view on Brosnan is a very small majority, but it is genuine. I don't like his portrayal of Bond -- the scripts certainly didn't help either.

Maybe when this thread is inevitably shut down I'll rephrase my post and ask what do you like about Brosnan's Bond. Because honestly I don't see the attraction.

really? downhill have you seen the antenna cradle fight between Pierce and Sean Bean, the tense moment with the grenade pin and ofcourse the moment with Brosnan on the beach with Nataylia one of the greateast moments of Brosnan's Bond

CIA wrote:
    I realize my view on Brosnan is a very small majority, ion.

You'd be surprised.

Goldeneye sometimes reaches the heady heights of mediocre.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Pathetic. Just as bad as the people who started Craigsnotbond.

You can bitch on a fansite all you want but Brosnan was Bond. It doesn't change a thing, so why bother? Do you really care enough to start a community about something you hate?
  • Brosnan wasn't the greatest Bond and none of his films set the bar for the franchise but he was perfectly cast for the time period. He was a very popular Bond during his time. He had the opportunity to play the part and took it. Fair play to him. Yes the scripts could have been better and he could have been given better direction but each of his films have highlights. Even DAD!

I would suggest those that hate his Bond not to bother watching his movies, have your say about it and leave it at that. Having a thread like this is a bit pointless. You can't write him out of the history of Bond and he no longer plays the part so your protest of Brosnan Not Bond is a bit pointless.
  • My favorite scene of the Brosnan era was when he was on a cable car and Jaws jumped across and Bond popped him on the chin and he fell into a printing press and Bond said "They'll print anything these days".
    My favorite scene of the Brosnan era was when he was on a cable car and Jaws jumped across and Bond popped him on the chin and he fell into a printing press and Bond said "They'll print anything these days".

Wait...thats Moonraker and Tommorow Never Dies
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    002 wrote:
    My favorite scene of the Brosnan era was when he was on a cable car and Jaws jumped across and Bond popped him on the chin and he fell into a printing press and Bond said "They'll print anything these days".

Wait...thats Moonraker and Tommorow Never Dies

Haha yeah, he went sarcastic i think.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 1,098
    Pathetic. Just as bad as the people who started Craigsnotbond.

You can bitch on a fansite all you want but Brosnan was Bond. It doesn't change a thing, so why bother? Do you really care enough to start a community about something you hate?

the 'Dcinb' site, has gone down a long road since the 'CnB' days.
    In its original guise it was partly run by a woman called Deanna Brayton who was a Pierce Brosnan fan through and through, and not a Bond fan.
    This woman obviously had issues........such as when she posted a full page attack on anyone who liked DC calling them homosexuals.
    She left eventually due to various reasons, and the cnb site was revamped becoming DCINB.
    They set up a forum there, and i did join the forum to see what it was like, expecting a great deal of hostility......................but surprise , surprise they are actually very reasonable people and allow anyones point of view to be made.........and they dont insult people like as is regularly done on this site.
    Yes, some of them were PB fans, and they are quite stunned at the success of SF, but they have taken it well.
    They are dissillusioned with the Bond producers, particularly BB who they call the Green vegetable, and they are concerned that she will replace DC in the future with a monkey in the lead role.

:))
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    mepal1 wrote:
    ...but surprise , surprise they are actually very reasonable people and allow anyones point of view to be made.........and they dont insult people like as is regularly done on this site.

I'm sorry, but Which site are you referring to? I hope it isn't MI6 because, no one offends anyone here, unless they are provoked.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    mepal1 wrote:
    In its original guise it was partly run by a woman called Deanna Brayton who was a Pierce Brosnan fan through and through, and not a Bond fan.

The Brosnan version of Germanlady! ;) (joking)
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    mepal1 wrote:
    ...but surprise , surprise they are actually very reasonable people and allow anyones point of view to be made.........and they dont insult people like as is regularly done on this site.

I'm sorry, but Which site are you referring to? I hope it isn't MI6 because, no one offends anyone here, unless they are provoked.

Incorrect, there is a small but very hostile minority here.
    Other Bond forums are full of ex- MI6 members, who complianed of the Borg mentalilty here that if you are not assimilated into the general beliefs here, one is severely insulted and undermined...........That is the truth!

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This is wholly unfair IMO. Brosnan may not be the best and his movies may have been wishy-washy but the guy's contributions to the series should not be undermined and he made Bond relevant again. The motivation behind this thread is just as bad as the other one and as Bond fans I find it strange that one would want to incite such disdain for a Bond actor, regardless of how much he's liked or disliked.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Just as I was opposed to CraigNotBond, I am opposed to BrosnanNotBond. Threads and ideas like this are rather pitiful, being honest. You don't have to like every Bond but there are those of us that like them all, and as one of those people, I find stuff like this rather pathetic. No offence to the original poster, of course.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    mepal1 wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    mepal1 wrote:

Incorrect, there is a small but very hostile minority here.
    Other Bond forums are full of ex- MI6 members, who complianed of the Borg mentalilty here that if you are not assimilated into the general beliefs here, one is severely insulted and undermined...........That is the truth!

With all due respect I don't think you've been here long enough to know "the truth", whatever that means.
    There are people with completely different views on Bond in this community. There are fans of all different Bonds, people who prefer the more serious approach and those who like the OTT adventures, etc. When some people attack other people's opinion it is natural that the debate heats up, but offensive behaviour is the only thing that is not tolerated.
    doubleoego wrote:
    This is wholly unfair IMO. Brosnan may not be the best and his movies may have been wishy-washy but the guy's contributions to the series should not be undermined and he made Bond relevant again. The motivation behind this thread is just as bad as the other one and as Bond fans I find it strange that one would want to incite such disdain for a Bond actor, regardless of how much he's liked or disliked.

Very true @doubleoego, Brosnan may not be my favourite Bond but he was what the series needed at the time he was cast. He had strong moments in his Bond tenure amidst some bad ones and he made his own valuable contribution to the Bond history. He will always be Bond, just like the rest of the actors.
This discussion has been closed.