The best moments with Brosnan

Comments

If we take one from each Brosnan release it may be easier

Goldeneye 1995

With Scorupco in the interrogation room before Mishkin appears, 'The more you tell me the more I can help you' etc

Tomorrow Never Dies 1997

The whole exchange with Dr Kaufmann in Hamburg, 'Go and lie down on ze bed next to meezes Carfer' etc

The World Is Not Enough 1999

With Valentin at the Caviar Factory as he struggles in his own mixture as Brosnan waves a cane at him and deliberately misses as Zukofsky tries to grab hold of it to pull himself out

Die Another Day 2002

Outside the Ice Palace as he gets caught by one of the security personnel snooping around, he mumbles 'what you doin' 'ere' or something in broken english and Brosnan just puts his arms up and just hits him, always makes me laugh somehow

Q: "Your new telephone. Talk here, listen here."
    Bond: "So that's what I've been doing wrong all these years."
    :-j
    00Beast wrote:

legendary.
    VBM398 wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

legendary.

I love the Dalton scenes with Q, and Connery and Moore had some great moments with him too (he was barely in OHMSS so I can't count Lasenby), but I think Brosnan was the best with Q. Every scene with Q and Brosnan was great, and in TWINE when he talks about retiring, Bond seems really sad. He was also great with the John Cleese Q.
    VBM398 wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

legendary.

Exactly!
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 154
    Post deleted

VBM398 wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

legendary.

I love the Dalton scenes with Q, and Connery and Moore had some great moments with him too (he was barely in OHMSS so I can't count Lasenby), but I think Brosnan was the best with Q. Every scene with Q and Brosnan was great, and in TWINE when he talks about retiring, Bond seems really sad. He was also great with the John Cleese Q.

I share that opinion. I laughed so hard with that scene.
    All Q scenes are top notch. A highlight in every movie they are in. Unfortunately, one hasen´t been seen for 10 years, as an act of insanity.
    All Q scenes are top notch. A highlight in every movie they are in. Unfortunately, one hasen´t been seen for 10 years, as an act of insanity.

As much as I'm looking forward to Skyfall, I've got a bad feeling about the new Q (young, serious, called B??? Why couldn't they just get John Cleese back???)

As much as I'm looking forward to Skyfall, I've got a bad feeling about the new Q (young, serious, called B??? Why couldn't they just get John Cleese back???)

Oh, yes. Cleese was amazing. Bring him back!

I wouldn't call him amazing, but he wasn't terrible either. Definitely a suitable replacement for Llewlyn, probably could have come back for at least QoS since they already had Bond "re-furbished" at the end of CR. I wouldn't mind seeing him return.
    00Beast wrote:

I wouldn't call him amazing, but he wasn't terrible either. Definitely a suitable replacement for Llewlyn, probably could have come back for at least QoS since they already had Bond "re-furbished" at the end of CR. I wouldn't mind seeing him return.

Sadly, we'll never get John Cleese back. Now we're stuck with "B" :/
    95% of GE
    Confrontation with Kaufman in TND
    All Brosnans best moments are from TND:

- The M Briefing (on the move)
    - Waiting for Paris
    - Breaking into Gupta's office / escpae from the printing press
    - Fighting Stamper on the missile
    - Confronting Kauffman
    - The Bike chase (as well as the escape from Carvers building just prior)

Definitely his best film. But surely his finest moment was signing off at the end of DUD?
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 546
    Pierce Bronsan's scenes-

1.All of Pierce Bronsan's scenes with Q.
    2.Pierce Bronsan's scene with M from Goldeneye.
    3.James Bond vs Alec Trevelyn.
    4.Backseat Driver scene from Tomorrow Never Dies.
    5.Pierce Bronsan in The World is Not Enough.
    6.PTS from Goldeneye.
    7.PTS from Tomorrow Never Dies.
    8.PTS from The World is Not Enough.
    9.PTS from Die Another Day.
    10.James Bond using his glasses to take down his villians in the PTS in The World is Not Enough.

Pierce Bronsan's sense of humor-

1.Who's strangling a cat?
    2.Ladies first!
    3.I have no problem with female authority.
    4.I must say...I have had a lovely evening. You?
    5.It depends on your definition of safe sex!
    6.In the end your just a bank robber! Nothing more than a common thief.
    6.I thought watching your television programs were toture.
    7.I have been known to keep my tip up.
    8.My friends call me James Bond. Jinx you say.
    9.It's time to face gravity!
    10.There's a name to die for.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    10.James Bond using his glasses to take down his villians in the PTS in The World is Not Enough.

And the topper on that scene is the bodyguard dangles off the bar, choking, and Bond just downs most of his martini and walks off. Classic.
  • 'They'll print anything these days'

'If you shoot me from over there it won't look like a suicide'

'And some Ice - if you can spare it'

'So you live to Die Another Day'

'Very talented girl'

'That depends on your definition of safe sex'

'There's no use in living if you can't feel alive - that's your motto isn't it'

'No, no, show me the rose'

'I gave him the limp'

'How do you take it'
    The first half of the TWINE PTS at the bank. My favorite bit of his entire legacy as Bond. So classy, cool, and bad-ass. When I was younger I had often thought about using his escape-through-a-window technique.. even tied the blinds to my belt a few times. Could take the leap.. from the first story.

But still my favorite moment of his.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    My favorite scene with Brosnan is when he walks out of the paper factory. He turns around and walks, but he get shot at and when that happens. The Bond Theme kicks and Bond runs and lays himself on some sort of board.
    That's a scene when I always becomes proud to be a Bondfan. And it was probably this scene that captured my and made me become a Bondfan back in the days! :D
  • "Life's full of small challenges!" - TWINE

Cigar Girl: Would you like to check my figures?
    Bond: Oh I'm sure they're... prefectly rounded
    All above suggestions are great, I'll just add a couple of memorable moments for me that actually don't involve him saying a word!

The look he gives to the onlookers after he jumps out the window in the PTS of TWINE always stands out for me, as does when he coolly dabs his face down after even more coolly dispatching of someone in I think Goldeneye? (sorry I'm far from 100% on that!)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love when he meets with Q in TND to get the remote control car. "Let's see how she responds to my touch" and all that makes for a very funny scene. I love how Q stressed how hard it is, while Bond takes it from him and makes it look easy, all before he stops the car just inches from them, to Q's panic. One of the greatest Bond/Q moments if you ask me.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I love when he meets with Q in TND to get the remote control car. "Let's see how she responds to my touch" and all that makes for a very funny scene. I love how Q stressed how hard it is, while Bond takes it from him and makes it look easy, all before he stops the car just inches from them, to Q's panic. One of the greatest Bond/Q moments if you ask me.

That is great, and I also enjoy when Q tells Bond he "should be able to shoot through it (the manual) in a couple of hours" in DAD, and Bond whips the book up so the front-facing shotguns on the Aston Martin destroy it in to pieces.

"Just took a few seconds, Q."
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    After the pen explodes in Q:s lab and Bond looks at the half blowned up Freddie:

" The writings on the wall? "Such a great delivery and a great line.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I've always had a soft spot for the "Backup plans" scene on the Stealth Boat in TND. Probably the best scene from the finale before it goes overboard on bullets. Great example of Brosnan's Bond using his wits to get out of a situation. Great music too.
  • Creasy47 wrote:

And the topper on that scene is the bodyguard dangles off the bar, choking, and Bond just downs most of his martini and walks off. Classic.

Very classic!
  • I'm not his biggest fan (he's my least favorite Bond), but I'll give him the Hamburg hotel scene waiting for Paris in TND (his best moment), as well as his exchange with Kaufman. He is best in TND as a whole in my opinion.

He has a great, small moment after he locks the car in the garage and walks back to his hotel (right before he encounters Kaufman). The look on his face and the way he walks as he leaves the car is Brozza at his best.

I also like the the gimmick he pulls on the man in Vietnam who asks him for a lighter, when he pretends to search for one, only to open his palms and deck the guy. The look on the dude's face before getting clobbered is priceless.

"I never miss" after shooting down Elektra is also up there.
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    Brosnan had so many great moments, just like all of the Bond's. On top of everything that 's been mentioned, here's a few that I haven't been and that I feel should be:

-TND- Bond and Wai Lin are trapped by the helicopter. She says "Trapped!" Brosnan cooly looks as her and says with utter confidence, "Never!" So dope.

-DAD- Bond stealing the sunglasses from Van Beerk before flashing him a toothy grin. Hilarious. Also, every moment in the Hong Kong hotel is as close to vintage Bond as DAD gets. And I too just love "Time to face gravity!"
  • DrNoDrNo North Hollywood, California, USA
    edited January 2013 Posts: 81
    There are a couple moments in GoldenEye I REALLY love. Both are completely nonverbal actions he does.

One is when he's escaping from the interrogation, before he gets in the tank. The Russians are blasting away with AK's and he has his back against a shelf, setting a bomb. The hits get really close, sparking up the shelf right where his head is, and he just sort of does this annoyed shrug, but keeps doing what he's doing. They used it in the GoldenEye trailers and I thought it was so dang suave and bad-ace. (here it is - at :48 )

Then there's this bit during the tank chase through the city where he stops the tank and a row of cars smash into the back end. He glances over his shoulder at the impact, adjust his tie, and keeps going. Love that.

• DrNo wrote:
    There are a couple moments in GoldenEye I REALLY love. Both are completely nonverbal actions he does.

It's probably an unpopular opinion, but I think that his best performance is in GE (and likely helped a lot by Campbell). He may be a little green and not have the confidence of his later performances, but he also doesn't have the smugness and smarm that came with it (he also doesn't over-reach his abilities like his dreadful performance in TWINE).

One thing that they do quite effectively in GE is to let him just "be" in scenes in silence. The whole sequence of him investigating the yacht up until the theft of the helicopter is very effective, largely because there's no dialogue. Apparently this was inspired by Dalton cutting large amounts of his own dialogue (!) from the scripts.

But in terms of "moments" I'd say that waiting with his gun, shooting vodka in TND and the "I never miss" line in TWINE are the definite highlights. But kudos to the bungee jump in GE, great stunt to start his tenure with!