James Bond Car Collection

Comments

• I'll be happy and sad to see it go to be honest, can't believe I've been getting it for so long. The new Batman collection looks pretty darn cool to be honest.
    One can ask the same question Budd asks Elle Driver in Kill Bill II:

"Which of the two Rs do you feel ? Regret or Relief ?"

For me, it's Regret I feel the most. Regret that we didn't get some models I would have liked to see. But, to be honest, there's a little bit of relief too.

Still, if I had known at the time I started the collection what it would mean and what I would live through... I still would have done it, no question.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I would have still signed up without question, even though we did nearly get 100 issues more than first planned. It will be a sad time when that final issue arrives next month, I agree.
    Yep i feel the same too, although i do feel cheated out of certain models! But hey? Its been a great collection and i have enjoyed ammassing all the models!
    I can't believe Eve's car (the Land Rover) from the PTS had to be removed, of all the Skyfall cars to lose!

Instead, for our single car, we get the Aston Martin DB5 - again.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I can't believe Eve's car (the Land Rover) from the PTS had to be removed, of all the Skyfall cars to lose!

Instead, for our single car, we get the Aston Martin DB5 - again!

I know? Strange really, but there were a few other models they could have done from Skyfall too!
    I reckon the reason for only one car is there's not enough content to fill more than one magazine.
    Maybe? But they have gone off on tangents before though? Like discussing directors, set designers, and also action sequences too. I'm sure they could as they are not exactly difficult to fill seeing as its only 16 pages! Front and back cover, centre page picture! Thats 25% of it already! :))
    Fair point, let's get them on the phone!

Now, you just know something will be missing from future films. No lovely car models.
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Off topic but of interest, some info about the new batmobile collection:

http://www.inpublishing.co.uk/news/articles/new_partwork_batman_automobilia_collection.aspx

It starts on 2 Jan 2013, regular price of £9.99 and will go for 80 issues. They say. The Tumbler is issue 3 so I'll get it at least.
    Chevron wrote:
    Off topic but of interest, some info about the new batmobile collection:

http://www.inpublishing.co.uk/news/articles/new_partwork_batman_automobilia_collection.aspx

It starts on 2 Jan 2013, regular price of £9.99 and will go for 80 issues. They say. The Tumbler is issue 3 so I'll get it at least.

I think the 007 car collection is enough for me! ;)
    The current issue of the helicopter collection is the Tiger if anyone wants another Goldeneye model.
  • I want the Batman Forever one, in the Batman collection.
    Well, regarding the Batmobile collection, I won't say I'm not tempted. But, as I said before, I had only enough place for one collection, and one collection only, in my flat. So, I'll give this one (and any subsequent one) a pass. Otherwise, I'll end up like that guy I met once in the comic book store I go to, who told me that he had so much stuff in his three rooms flat that he could live only in one room. A fate I will do my best to avoid. One wall is enough.
    Got my AMDB5 from Skyfall the other day. As much as i love this car? It was a cheap gimmick by the producers to get another £8.00 out of us! Alas there is one model to go!
  • Is it just me or is the Skyfall DB5 a bit too small?
    Dave1974 wrote:
    Is it just me or is the Skyfall DB5 a bit too small?

We should never have has ANOTHER DB5! They could have given us the Jag? Audi? Or the Eve's Land Rover which they ended up cancelling! :-w Just glad i am not collecting their new Batman series! Especially at £9.99 an issue! :O
  • Received issue 134 (last issue) today through the post. Magazine is basically a look back at some of the iconic cars from the series, with a thank you from the publishers to us the collectors for our support over the years. The car is a rolls Royce from Moonracker which seems a strange one to end the collection with? But at least it's ended now as I for one would have to build an extension if it had gone on for much longer.

RogueAgent wrote:
    We should never have has ANOTHER DB5! They could have given us the Jag? Audi? Or the Eve's Land Rover which they ended up cancelling! :-w Just glad i am not collecting their new Batman series! Especially at £9.99 an issue! :O

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you about this DB5. For those who have seen the movie, it's an important car in at least two aspects. First, it's the last car Bond has driven (so far). Second, it plays an important part in the last action scene in said movie. As a coda to the collection, it deserves its place.

On the other hand, I would totally agree with you if it had been the DB5 from TND or CR '06. I could have accepted the one from GE, but very reluctantly. And the first one we had (from GF) was completely unnecessary (the seond one from GF was more relevant to the collection, IMHO). The one from TB also had its place.
    Gerard wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you about this DB5. For those who have seen the movie, it's an important car in at least two aspects. First, it's the last car Bond has driven (so far). Second, it plays an important part in the last action scene in said movie. As a coda to the collection, it deserves its place.

On the other hand, I would totally agree with you if it had been the DB5 from TND or CR '06. I could have accepted the one from GE, but very reluctantly. And the first one we had (from GF) was completely unnecessary (the seond one from GF was more relevant to the collection, IMHO). The one from TB also had its place.

Will have to respectively agree to disagree on this and that is from a big fan of this collection. The only new thing is the film title and background.
  • If the Skyfall DB5 had been the last issue there would have been some "poetry" to it, ending how it all started with a DB5, but it seems funny to have "1" last issue.

Having said all that I'm glad there is one last issue, wont be the same coming back from Dad's house drunk with out a Bond car magazine, it really will be the end of an era.
  • Just out of interest when did this all start, was it late 2006 or early 2007?
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Early 2007, though trials were ongoing in 2006, so six years in all!

I missed the last issue so I'll have to collect it from the post office this week.
    rounded off at 150 would of been good as we could of got a few more vehicles from skyfall and even finished it with a free gift like the early days !
    But like most of us out there, space was getting restricted.
    And with the money saved, I can look for new things to buy :D
    edited January 2013 Posts: 370
    Final issue arrived today. It's just sinking in that this is it. It's over.

At least they picked Tim's Aston as one of the top three Bond cars.
    Will be getting mine tomorrow! Will be odd not getting anymore!
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I've just picked up and opened the last issue. It's so sad. The whole issue is a look back at the cars of Bond and the last page is a nice treat. It really is over.

At £8 each we've spent £1,072 on the collection!
  • Got my last issue today! Be interesting to here people's top ten favorite memories of the collection, and see some photo's and all that.
    Yep was pretty sad opening the final edition! However i do feel a great deal of satisfaction that i saw it through to the end! :D
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    I have 16 of these, no room for anymore. How many were there total?

They're doing a Batman line now.

http://www.eaglemoss.com/batmobiles/