007 Games Pulled from Steam and Activision's Store

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 40,473
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, it sure does. Familiar name, familiar attitude. No, of course, it can't be.

Wave Link.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, it sure does. Familiar name, familiar attitude. No, of course, it can't be.

Wave Link.

I wish he'd of Waved the Link to this site. Forever.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote:

Wave Link.

Bah! I broke a damn blood vessel!!! :-((
  • michallo_wmichallo_w Szczecin, Poland
    Make UBISOFT next 007 licence holder for me. Every game that they made (especially the Montreal studio) is at least decent and when it comes to games based on the movies they are really good. Just like it was wrote earlier - imagine Bond game made like Splinter Cell Conviction. Action, espionage, good graphics and Bond in the middle of this.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What are some examples of games based on films that Ubisoft has done?
    What are some examples of games based on films that Ubisoft has done?

Avatar. Which wasn't the worst thing ever created
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 11
    Ubisoft is a mediocre company these days. Splinter Cell conviction was a disgrace to the original titles. Ha! Splinter Cell Conviction shouldn't even have had the words splinter cell in the title. The gameplay was just a generic rip off of any mainstream 3rd person action adventure title.

Rocksteady did a wonderful job at reviving the Batman franchise in the gaming world. I'd love to see them do a Bond game. ah! I can see it now, walking into M's office in a close over the shoulder 3rd Person view admiring the beautifully crafted visual imagery of MI6 while watching Bond's hair swift gently at every pace I step ...then I choose to have Bond sit down in front of M's desk, and M asks ,"Cigarette 007?". And I'm given the option to reply in a RPG dialogue box with "Yes, please ...or "No thank you,I stopped that awhile ago Sir" ahh the possibilities!

While M is debriefing Bond on the mission, you can walk around the office, pick up objects, make a mess, pour a drink, gaze out the window.
    but M's A.I will notice and yell at you, ',"007 are you listening?". "007 please sit down" While M is finished debriefing you,you can pick up the dossier on his desk and view it. The dossier acts as a main menu providing information, hints,possible suspects and informative information on your planned destination.
    these are just tiny ideas, its such ashame the 007 video game license has been treated like a cheap wornout Hooker by these corporations such as EA, ACTIVISION (pimps) that just use it to make a quick buck.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    How about Capcom? ;)
    JamesPage wrote:
    How about Capcom? ;)

That's an interesting choice I've never considered before. They've made some great games
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hopefully not Capcom. Horrid writing/dialogue/whathaveyou, with some major failures- especially recently.
    Hopefully not Capcom. Horrid writing/dialogue/whathaveyou, with some major failures- especially recently.

What are you talking about? 'Resident Evil 6' received five star reviews from so many reviewers and fans! Aaaaand end of sarcasm.

You know what I think would be a cool idea, yet might be very hard to do? An open world Bond game in the style of 'Grand Theft Auto' - not running over innocent civilians and whatnot, but a game that takes place in one set area where Bond is chasing a major villain, and he has many main and side missions to tackle throughout the world he plays in. He gets his own pad, can go practice at the firing range, can meet tons of women throughout the missions, etc.

Granted, the more I typed that out, the more I realized it would be a terrible idea. I guess I'm just itching for another great open world game - looking at you, 'Grand Theft Auto V.'

Just give us another QoS/BS and I'll be happy.
    I'm not sure if @JamesPage is indicating to us whether Capcom has aquired the rights or not but if they have, I can only hope that they treat Bond with care
    edited January 2013 Posts: 1,380
    Capcom has some interesting stuff on the slate for 2103, including:
    @JamesPage, the game isn't coming out for another 90 years? Whew! They're getting a head start. ;)

I did watch a gameplay trailer for 'Remember Me' a few weeks back, and I just wasn't all that thrilled with how the combat looked. The game also gives me a 'Binary Domain' feel - not necessarily a bad thing, as I felt that game was seriously underrated, even if the multiplayer was terrible.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 1,380
    One thing to bear in mind is that a new license term would be picked up by a Publisher rather than a Developer, so perhaps Sony is not out of the question...
    Their top slate for 2013:
    Beyond: Two Souls
    Dust 514
    God of War: Ascension
    The Last of Us
    I just love how my posts go unnoticed like a leopard's colony.

Some of us have learned to ignore you. I do with almost everything you say, but I just had to reply to your outrageous wishlist in a different thread.

@JamesPage, while I don't have the PS3 any longer, it's about time 'Dust 514' is released. Going off of this, Sony may not be out of the question.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Some of us have learned to ignore you. I do with almost everything you say, but I just had to reply to your outrageous wishlist in a different thread.

@JamesPage, while I don't have the PS3 any longer, it's about time 'Dust 514' is released. Going off of this, Sony may not be out of the question.

You know what's more outrageous, Bond swinging from a firetruck in San Francisco during the ridiculous car chase sequence in AVTAK.

Yeah, but call my ideas outrageous ...ignorance is bliss buddy
    @DRESSED_2_KILL, I'll accept your statement - just quote where I stated that AVTAK was my favorite film/the firetruck scene in AVTAK wasn't outrageous/there have never been outrageous scenes in a Bond film before.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

You can't call me ignorant when I've stated nothing of the sort on the opposite side of the argument.
    I'm not claiming you ever made that statement, because you didn't. What I was trying to interpret was the fact of past moments in the Bond franchise that have been completely over the top,outlandish and completley absurd. How you can call my wishlist outrageous is beyond me.
    I'm not claiming you ever made that statement, because you didn't. What I was trying to interpret was the fact of past moments in the Bond franchise that have been completely over the top,outlandish and completley absurd. How you can call my wishlist outrageous is beyond me.

I won't be the one to derail a topic; I'm tired of so many being derailed as it is. Read my retort in the appropriate thread, and you'll know why I found it outrageous.
    If you don't want over the top action riding on a heavy level of escapism, you have come to the wrong franchise.
    If you don't want over the top action riding on a heavy level of escapism, you have come to the wrong franchise.

Umm..not really, William Boyd would disagree greatly with you"

As Boyd said," James Bond has been incorrectly portrayed as a “cartoon character” by film directors whenthe spy should be troubled and “a massiveboozer”, the author charged with writing the next novel in the franchise has claimed.

“In the films Bond is a cartoon character but in
    the novels he is far more troubled, nuanced
    and interesting,” Boyd told Radio Times.

“Bond’s father was Scottish and his mother
    was Swiss so he didn’t have a drop of English
    blood in him. He’s not the suave Roger Moore-
    type English toff at all."

"The films in a way rely on cars and gadgets
    but in a novel, describing some kind of
    elaborate gadget isn't quite the same as
    seeing it on screen."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/jamesbond/9737200/Cartoon-film-James-Bond-should-be-massive-boozer-claims-William-Boyd.html

I absolutley cannot wait for Boyd's new Bond novel, finally somebody who understands what James Bond really is.
  • Putting publishers aside for now, I have a few developers I'd like to see do Bond. One or two quite outlandish.

Rockstar - Think the run and gun of Max Payne 3, the driving of GTA, maybe some small freeroam here and there. Maybe get some Team Bondi input and add some LA Noire elements. I'd say use the facial capture tech for the actors but Craig would definitely not have the time for what would basically be another movie.

IO Interactive - Hitman games have been said to be like the "dark side of Bond" and it's true. If you want a dark, gritty, stealthy shooter with many ways to finish a mission as well as some really neat CQC lifted from Absolution, and button based interaction, look no further.

Ubisoft - Sure the Splinter Cell games have been sloppy lately. But on the other hand, Far Cry 3 is a first person shooter done right!

Quantic Dream - This will never happen. Ever. But imagine how deep they'd be willing to go with Bond the character. These folks are what interactive film is about. I know you guys would balk at a mostly quick time event Bond game but who says they can't do a shooter? A blend of their interactive drama and shooting and driving mechanics would be splendid.

Seems like a good thing, judging by what I've seen of Activision's Bond work.

I'd actually bother playing a modern Bond game if they were a bit more in-depth and required some thinking or problem solving. Seems like the latest batch of games just featured James Bond running, shooting, jumping, and pressing buttons, with god-awful graphics, too.

Umm..not really, William Boyd would disagree greatly with you"

As Boyd said," James Bond has been incorrectly portrayed as a “cartoon character” by film directors whenthe spy should be troubled and “a massiveboozer”, the author charged with writing the next novel in the franchise has claimed.

“In the films Bond is a cartoon character but in
    the novels he is far more troubled, nuanced
    and interesting,” Boyd told Radio Times.

“Bond’s father was Scottish and his mother
    was Swiss so he didn’t have a drop of English
    blood in him. He’s not the suave Roger Moore-
    type English toff at all."

"The films in a way rely on cars and gadgets
    but in a novel, describing some kind of
    elaborate gadget isn't quite the same as
    seeing it on screen."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/jamesbond/9737200/Cartoon-film-James-Bond-should-be-massive-boozer-claims-William-Boyd.html

I absolutley cannot wait for Boyd's new Bond novel, finally somebody who understands what James Bond really is.

And? I know all that, but we are talking about the films here, not the novels. And even the novels had over the top moments and bizarre content.
    Guys not here. I mean, Activision may have just lost their Bond rights, let's all get along :)
    i feel bad for people who buy the PC versions of Blood stone or 007 Legends...
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Oh christ he's back again.

Account no 4 and counting.
    Oh christ he's back again.

Account no 4 and counting.

Who?