Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• lewisblake wrote:
    in terms of peoples suggestions; we should take into account that DC has set the bar for 1. acting skills required 2) the training and physical fitness for the role -
    I think certain actors being mentioned would have to seriously get into shape using 'DC's book of training regimes' if they were to be considered for the role lol I think unlike in the past, having an actor who doesn't meet these standards wouldn't/shouldn't be considered for Bond.

Again, Scott Adkins. He could kick DCs arse.

Their are more important things than physical fitness. The actor has to look like Bond, and Craig still doesn't in my book. Adkins is a step in the right direction as far as looks, but I really don't see him in the role as far as acting. Really it has to be Fassbender. He's a great actor, he's tall dark and handsome like Bond should be, he can get into pretty good shape without looking like a meat-head, and above all he just has something about him that seems perfect for Bond. Really hope EON goes with him after DC.
  • X3MSonicX wrote:
    Agentprovo wrote:
    lewisblake wrote

This! though I could substitute Fassbender with Tom Hardy or Henry Cavill if Fassbender declined.

I'll give you Tom Hardy, but Henry Cavill, have you seen Cold Light of Day, more wooden than a barn door.

Also Scott Adkins for the same reason "Expendables 2" hello!

Welcome to the forum, Agentprovo. Not trying to be off-topic friend, but i'd like to tell you that there is a 'Quote' button right in the side of the writting that you want to quote. You don't need to CTRL+C -> CTRL+V the things, just click on 'Quote' and it is done. ;)

Returning to the topic:

My chooses right now are Fassbender.

Cheers, agreed Fassbender has to be first choice.

• acoppolaacoppola London Ealing not far from where Bob Simmons lived
    Clive Owen. Clive Owen, Clive Owen, Clive Owen. None of the pictures of the other guys do it for me. Micheal Fassbender looks too clean. Bond needs to have a tough and dirty face!
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    lewisblake wrote:
    in terms of peoples suggestions; we should take into account that DC has set the bar for 1. acting skills required 2) the training and physical fitness for the role -
    I think certain actors being mentioned would have to seriously get into shape using 'DC's book of training regimes' if they were to be considered for the role lol I think unlike in the past, having an actor who doesn't meet these standards wouldn't/shouldn't be considered for Bond.

Again, Scott Adkins. He could kick DCs arse.

Their are more important things than physical fitness. The actor has to look like Bond, and Craig still doesn't in my book. Adkins is a step in the right direction as far as looks, but I really don't see him in the role as far as acting. Really it has to be Fassbender. He's a great actor, he's tall dark and handsome like Bond should be, he can get into pretty good shape without looking like a meat-head, and above all he just has something about him that seems perfect for Bond. Really hope EON goes with him after DC.

He's a decent enough actor. And unlike Fassbender, he has the accent. Fassbender sounds too posh when he does an English accent. Adkins looks tough, is a good enough actor for Bond and could do the fight scenes and stunts himself. And I agree with the person above, Fassbender seems too clean. I don't want a pretty boy with a posh accent playing Bond.

Besides Fassbender is too much of a star so I don't think it'll be him. Same with Hardy really (although he could've been great).
  • The right voice.

The right fighting skills (but he'd have to do less kicks and flips, Bond isn't too marial artsy. But the bit near the start where he disarms the guy, pure Bond.)

• edited November 2012 Posts: 1,310
    Scott Adkins is pretty much a b-movie actor. (Undisputed 2 & 3, and Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning, Ninja and Expendables 2 - what a résumé.)

Of what I've seen there is nothing that shows Adkins has the potential to be as good of an actor as Daniel Craig. A lot of people have the physicality for the role, and I'm not denying that Adkins has it. But has Adkins proven himself as an actor yet? Not at all.
  • SJK91 wrote:
    Scott Adkins is pretty much a b-movie actor. (Undisputed 2 & 3, and Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning, Ninja and Expendables 2 - what a résumé.)

Of what I've seen there is nothing that shows Adkins has the potential to be as good of an actor as Daniel Craig. A lot of people have the physicality for the role, and I'm not denying that Adkins has it. But has Adkins proven himself as an actor yet? Not at all.

Totaly agree!
  • SJK91 wrote:

Which is why he's more likely to get it than Fassbender or Hardy, they don't like big stars, and it was Assassination Games that made me think of him as Bond.
    SJK91 wrote:

He's a decent enough actor, probably just as good as Moore, Lazenby or probably (as much as I love him) Brosnan. And since he's really not well known he could turn out to be great.

They're going to have trouble getting a brilliant actor every time.
  • Looking at the second video @thelivingroyale posted, I actually thought of Batman! I'd love to see a live-action Bat's clearing a room like that all by himself and disarming guys so quickly that you can barely even see it!
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 3,333
    SJK91 wrote:
    So was Brosnan pretty much before Bond.
    SJK91 wrote:
    It's not Hamlet... and by the end of DC's tenure the producers might want to take the character in a different direction.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    @bondsum Thank you. People keep talking about how after DC a brilliant actor is needed but at the end of the day Bond isn't some big Oscar drama and they'd struggle to get a brilliant actor every time.
    Looking at the second video @thelivingroyale posted, I actually thought of Batman! I'd love to see a live-action Bat's clearing a room like that all by himself and disarming guys so quickly that you can barely even see it!

If he can't get the Bond gig Adkins as Batman could be pretty badass. One thing I think all the Batman films (including Nolans) could've done better is the fighting.

I mean, we have this unstoppable badass trained by Liam Neeson and an army of ninjas, and I don't think they ever used that properly combat wise. I want to see him disarm guys in seconds and fly round the room taking out waves of henchmen.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 1,310
    bondsum wrote:
    SJK91 wrote:
    So was Brosnan pretty much before Bond.
    Very true - I wonder if that's why Brosnan was a fairly lame James Bond. You don't have to watch TWINE more than once to realize that poor Brozza sometimes didn't have the acting cred to convincingly pull off the role. The scripts did him no favors, but as it stands, some of his scenes (mainly in TWINE) are the worst bit of acting we've seen from an actor playing James Bond...and that includes George.

I know I'm coming across as some artsy film student, and while James Bond is not Hamlet, it should be a step up from the standard action movie yore. As a matter of fact, I'm not so sure that Bond movies should be straight out action movies in the first place. Most of my favorite Bond films carry a heavy spy/thriller influence, and most of the full-blown action films (mainly the last two Brosnan films and Quantum - I've always had a soft spot for TND) are towards the bottom.

It is all speculation at this point, and hey, Sean Connery was a complete unknown when he was cast (anything could happen). But as it stands, Adkins doesn't have the 'wow' factor that sets him apart from any other decent looking chap who can fight. Similar to Brosnan, I would be afraid that he would become a 'mannequin in a tux' and bring nothing new to the role other than a kung-fu chop. I'm not the casting director nor am I MGW or Barbara Broccoli, but because Daniel Craig was successful yet risky choice, I'm pretty sure than EON is going to get someone a little different once Danny leaves.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Acting is a priority and should be a pre-requisite for casting Bond. Being a decent enough actor doesn't sit well with me. I want a strong actor that can do justice to the character and retain the high level of credibility that Crag has brought to the series. Will the series go in a different direction after Craig? Who knows but I think it's fair to say that the series won't be revisiting the idiotic hi-jinks of the Moore era or the mediore messes of the Brosnan era. Times have changed and with any change for the Bond series, the plan should be to move forward and not to relapse. Bond films are rightfully taking themselves more seriously and what ever changes in direction that may occur that's one aspect that shouldn't change, especially as we're only just getting started.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 72
    I've always thought that Terence Stamp would've made a terrific Bond on the 70's.

I've found one fan poster with Stamp as Bond:

Hartter+Bond.jpg
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    :O Hellfire! The name of my first 007 fan film.
  • Michael Fassbender would make a great James Bond. Second casting option Christian Bale.
  • Michael Fassbender would make a great James Bond. Second casting option Christian Bale.
    My own personal choice (hope?) when Craig steps down would be Christian Bale. He's got the acting chops, could easily handle the action scenes and has attitude in spades.

Second choice would be Benedict Cumberbatch - if for no other reason than he has brought so much to the role of Sherlock Holmes that I would love to see what he could do with Bond.

I could see Fassbender doing it, but there's something about him that would prevent me from accepting him fully in the role - I don't know what that 'thing' is, but it's there, nonetheless.

A MASSIVE no-no for me would be Henry Cavill - seriously, the guy would be out-acted by a wardrobe.
    Fassbender has an enormous...

...amount of talent.

Become much more of a fan of his lately, having finally seen 'X-Men First Class', am now on board with him as Bond though would still prefer Tom Hiddleston (in about 10 years and with more muscle)
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    First choice : Hugh Jackman (2 films 'd be excellent)
    Second one : Michael Fassbender (3, maybe ?)

Why not this order, then we'd search the... 9th official actor to portray James Bond someday...

Others cannot contest. Even Christian Bale (he refused it when the question "role" occured and told tthe press he dislikes the character...enough said.)
    My own personal choice (hope?) when Craig steps down would be Christian Bale. He's got the acting chops, could easily handle the action scenes and has attitude in spades.

Second choice would be Benedict Cumberbatch - if for no other reason than he has brought so much to the role of Sherlock Holmes that I would love to see what he could do with Bond.

I could see Fassbender doing it, but there's something about him that would prevent me from accepting him fully in the role - I don't know what that 'thing' is, but it's there, nonetheless.

A MASSIVE no-no for me would be Henry Cavill - seriously, the guy would be out-acted by a wardrobe.

@TimothyDalton007. I see where you are ccoming from with Michael Fassbender as 007. Michael Fassbender is a good actor & has the look for James Bond. But I wonder if he will be tough, aggressive & badass like Daniel Craig.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 774
    Has anyone suggested Richard Armitage yet? Been a big fan of his for a few years and with the Hobbit coming out his career could massively take off. Has a Dalton-esque kind of look. However, he's 41 now, would probably be too old by the time Craig steps down.

628x471.jpg
    250px-ArmitageBAFTAs2010.jpg
    ProjectMag07-July20111.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I think Armitage would be a good choice, his character John Porter, in the first series of Strike Back, might be a window into what Armitage's Bond could be like.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    For Chris Nolan fans...

• TRSTN1TRSTN1 Tokio,North Dakota U.S.A
    [/b Jason Statham
  • Should have:
    Liam Neeson
    JASON ISAACS. :(
    Sam Neill
    Ewan McGregor

Should:
    Fassbender
    Cavill

Maybe:
    Hardy
    Bale

Impossible: Leonardo DiCaprio

Never Ever: Robert Pattinson
    Still not sure about Cavill. Can he act or is he just a clothes horse? Fassbender would be an obvious choice and perhaps look mist like Fleming's description of the character. But he will be too old by the time DC hangs up the Walther.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Again, don't they usually opt for relative unknowns to play James Bond?