James Bond Car Collection

Comments

/\ Don't worry phil, it was meant to finish at 40! :)) I get the feeling it will go to 150? But i guess we will all have to wait and see?
    RogueAgent wrote:
    /\ Don't worry phil, it was meant to finish at 40! :)) I get the feeling it will go to 150? But i guess we will all have to wait and see?

I stopped at 40.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 5,821
    Back from my vacation (well earned, might I add), found the Ranch Wagon in my mailbox (along with Celtic Woman's and Gaelic Storm's latest albums). Nice little model. Now, I'm wating for the milk float, which I have asked for since the beginning of the collection.

Edit: And I just got it. Wonderful model. I'm certainly not disappointed. If it had been the last model, the collection would have ended on a high note.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,506
    Received 131 today. Really nice model which i like alot! What i cannot fathom is why like the Milkfloat is it in a LARGE case again? Whisper's White Corvorado fits in the standard case ok?

With the next model being what it is? I am expecting another large case again now? :-t
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I received 130 and 131 today as well.

All signs point to there being only four more left.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I received 130 and 131 today as well.

All signs point to there being only four more left.

Do you really believe that samuel? ;)
    It's looking more and more likely.
    Will look at the inside back page of issue 135 before i believe its over! :))
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    I think theres room for the cello case from TLD in issue 136.
    And M's Jag from SF in issue 137.
    Can you already see where this is going folks? X_X
  • quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    Received 130/131 today. Underwhelmed to say the least. A milk float and a generic cop car that's appeared in a thousand other films. (Left over from an earlier 'Dukes Of Hazzard' set that didn't sell very well, perhaps?) Next up, a clear contender for the so-called "Bond car" with the briefest screen time award. Wonder if the wheelbarrow outside the Blayden safe house will be issue 133 or 134?
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 820
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It's looking more and more likely.
    You maybe right! There is because they left a few cars like the Audi 200 Avante estate from TLD where bond surveillance the new KGB Chief. Ford LTD sedan in AVTAK where Bond follow Stacy, Lincoln Mark VI the only car Bond drove before the Trucks, Daniel Craig Ford Mondeo before drove his Aston Martins,Volvo S40 in Austria & Mercedes S-Class he drove in China. These cars is what they did make.
    150 here we come !!
    ~X(
    Personally, I'd like to see the Mini-Moke from either YOLT or TSWLM (rather the one from YOLT, as that movie is under-represented) as a tribute to the great Ken Addams.

The Audi 200 Avant, if only for the diorama including the street performers.

The Ford Mondeo from CR

M's Jag.

LTK's Limousine.

Kerim Bey's Rolls Royce Silver Wraith.
    I also got 130 and 131 today. I actually quite like them. The milk float looks a lot better that I thought it would.
    132 and 133 turned up today

132 - lincoln continental fro goldfinger and then ...........
    133 - Yet another db5 this time YES Skyfall cars are now coming through - at long last!

Before everyone gets excited 134 goes back to previous films with the rolls royce silver shadow from Moonraker - Bond is chauffeur driven in Rio

STILL NO LITTLE FIGURES TO GO WITH THE CARS
    Monday, I will buy a fourth display case. In the event that 135 (or 134, depending on the source) is the last car, I will be able to give my collection a little breathing space, by putting three cars by shelf in the event of a long box, add some models by Corgi (the Moonraker, LALD bus), and adding other Bond-related things (like the original Fleming novels, and maybe the Gardner ones).

And if the collection is extended again, I will have more space for future models. But right now, all clues point to a cancellation. Too bad, I know, but all good things come to an end.
    How mean, cutting out our last Skyfall car. X(

134 seems to be it then.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    How mean, cutting out our last Skyfall car. X(

134 seems to be it then.

Have i missed something? Whats happened?
    According to some, the last issue is 134 not 135. This means our second car from the new film won't be included.

My payment for these cars will be taken soon. I'll let you know if it's £7.99 or £15.98.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    According to some, the last issue is 134 not 135. This means our second car from the new film won't be included.

My payment for these cars will be taken soon. I'll let you know if it's £7.99 or £15.98.

Hmmmm? We will soon see then? I thought the collection would end at somepoint soon with the DB5 from Skyfall being the final model? Received 132 yesterday and have to say that i was a little disappointed with it. So many more unused better models that they could have done? Shame really.
  • Got issue 132/133 through post and states at the back of issue 133 that issue 134 will be the last issue with the silver shadow from Moonracker. Also states will look over the best cara from the series. So now we know I'm for one is pleased to have an end date as has no room left for any more lol. It's been a good collection though.
    Yes, 134 is the last issue, I too received 132 and 133 today.

Here's a final run down of how many cars from each film:

1. 7
    2. 5
    3. 11
    4. 7
    5. 2 (Gift 1)
    6. 6
    7. 5
    8. 8
    9. 4
    10. 5
    11. 5
    12. 7
    13. 9
    14. 5 (Gift 2)
    15. 8
    16. 3
    17. 5 (Gift 3)
    18. 3
    19. 5
    20. 7
    21. 7
    22. 9
    23. 1
    Yeah, got my 132/133 today as well, very unexpectedly early. It does look like its winding down.

Pity we never got Tim's Key West Lincoln or the Kenworth.
    Some of the missing models can be obtained, thanks to Corgi. Today, I saw the Moonraker, Stromberg's helicopter, and the San Monique bus from LALD in a store in Paris. Unfortunately, the price is a bit steep: 55 € for each of the first two, 35 € for the bus. But I will probably buy them anyway. Another way to complete the sets would be to buy 1/43 models of the missing cars, as close as possible to the ones in the movie.
    I hope this collection never stops. They're great.
    150 would of been a nice round figure. That way they could of included a few skyfall cars (with figures), and to say goodbye they could give all subscribers 150 edition free !!
    As a non boxed kenworth tanker cab - just like the tank from goldeneye
    Oh well we can all dream
    largo2 wrote:
    150 would of been a nice round figure. That way they could of included a few skyfall cars (with figures), and to say goodbye they could give all subscribers 150 edition free !!
    As a non boxed kenworth tanker cab - just like the tank from goldeneye
    Oh well we can all dream

I agree with you completely Largo. I thought it would be 150! But? It appears thats it!
  • quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    Received 132 & 133 today. Another DB5? How many is that now? 20? Don't get me wrong: it's the most exquisitely beautiful vehicle the world will ever know - but the DB5 is the DB5 no matter which film it's from. (Okay, apart from the steering wheel being on the wrong side in CR.)
    Can't deny I was delighted to read the words I'd been longing to see: "...last ever issue..." About time too!