The most psychotic villain in a Bond movie

2»

Comments

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited December 2012 Posts: 2,629
    Kerim's Top 10 Psycho Villians:

10. Arms Dealers Meeting Their Waterloo (Whitaker)
    9. Caribbean Dictators Posing as American Gang Bangers (Kananga)
    8. Men Who Cat Nap During Genetic Altering (Graves)
    7. Men Who Love Watching The Honeymoooooooooners (Dario)
    6. War = Ratings (Carver)
    5. Women With Thighs of Steel (Onatopp)
    4. I Knew I Should Have Used The Fishing Line in the Boxcar (Grant)
    3. Mommy Caused Me To Seek the Pleasure of British Men (Silva)
    2. I Am Communism's Last Stand (Orlov)

and #1

1. Anyone willing to seduce May Day and cause a flooded earthquake is definitely psycho in my book. (Zorin)
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    Agree with Kerim, although I'd also add Goldfinger to the list. He was already a multi-millionaire but was willing to kill thousands just to make even more?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Agree with Kerim, although I'd also add Goldfinger to the list. He was already a multi-millionaire but was willing to kill thousands just to make even more?
    How is that different than today's real life capitalists except in arranged legalities?
    Goldfinger is a great metaphor IMO.
  • I'd say Silva is quite psychotic (the way he treats M is creepy) but I don't know whom I'd pick for my number one spot. I'd have to say Drax although I find the point made by @chrisisall above about not taking Moonraker seriously to be very funny :P
    Thanks, I try.
  • Zorin.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 803
    Agent005 wrote:
    I the novel, he was a paranoid schizophrenic...
    Yes, if we were including the villains of the novels, Grant would be right up there. They toned him down quite a bit for the movie.

I think Zorin and Silva are pretty mad and ruthless!
  • Silva is -- troubled, to be sure.
    All of them!!!!!!!!!!!

Can see them all in the nut house sat in a circle playing patty cake patty cake the bakers man
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Xenia Onatopp is honestly a very different animal from a psychological standpoint than everyone mentioned. She is a lust murderer. She doesn't kill just because it's her job, because someone was disloyal, because someone stood in the way of her plan. Onatopp left on her own would kill over and over because it's part of her psyche and who she is. Most of the world's most famous serial killers such as Bundy, Gacy, and Chikitilo fit this profile. Onatopp is a serial killer and in my mind that makes her the sickest of all of them.

Yeah it has to be Onnatop. She doesn't just enjoy killing either, it turns her on.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 2,189
    chrisisall wrote:
    How is that different than today's real life capitalists except in arranged legalities?
    Goldfinger is a great metaphor IMO.

I do enjoy that metaphor but that doesn't make Goldfinger any less of a psycho. The man is rich beyond belief and yet he must cheat at cards to feel good. He has a beautiful kept woman that he doesn't sleep with, and when she betrays him he doesn't just kill her, he suffocates her to death with the symbol of his wealth just to send a message to Bond to steer clear of his affairs. He wagers to play a game of golf for a bar of gold and cheats to try and win it. When he loses, he demonstrates his henchmen's deadly abilities in broad daylight. When he catches Bond at Auric Enterprises, again rather than just kill him, Goldfinger decides to wait for Bond to regain conciseness before cutting him in half with a laser. Then when he meets with the gangsters in Kentucky, he gives a longwinded speech detailing the brilliance and audacity of his plan right before he has them all killed by the nerve gas. Then there's Solo, who he doesn't just have shot, but has him and his gold crushed in a car compacter. Then at the end when the Americans are defeating his personal army at Fort Knox, he has already prepared for this possibility. He turns his coat inside-out so he looks like an American, shoots his own men and business partner to keep up his cover in front of a group of US troops and then when he gets clear of them he kills them too, shooting them in the back. I'd say that Goldfinger is one of, if not the most psychotic villain out there.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Greene. I love how he goes nuts with that axe.
  • DarthDimi wrote:
    Greene. I love how he goes nuts with that axe.

Hear, hear! I agree. But maybe not the most psychotic. I think that honor goes to... me!
    Yeah, I still think you are the most psychotic. :))
  • chrisisall wrote:
    Yeah, I still think you are the most psychotic. :))

Well. I'll start writing your obituary then.
    But.... that's not what the public wants....
  • chrisisall wrote:
    But.... that's not what the public wants....

The public don't know what they want until it's right in their faces. Trust me. This will sell.

Uh, anyway. Zorin is quite psychotic as well.
  • Drax, Stromberg or Carver.
  • This whole discussion is pointless when none of you understand the difference between the psychological concepts you are using.
    Spyflue wrote:
    This whole discussion is pointless when none of you understand the difference between the psychological concepts you are using.
    Sorry, the need to be precise in clinical psychological terminology seems to take a back seat to a more simplistic evaluation of which fictional (and in many cases 'ridiculous') character is more deeply entrenched in Nutterville.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Spyflue wrote:
    This whole discussion is pointless when none of you understand the difference between the psychological concepts you are using.

Great way to introduce yourself to a new forum - telling everyone here that they are clueless.